God

What are the odds that god exists in any form? It seems odd that this all worked out so perfectly (physics, biology) to alocate intelligent, self aware life. My opinion is that a god does exists to create such a neat and orderly universe.

Is a higher power real? Pls debate.

Also, no le Reddit atheist or Bible Belt creationists allowed. Let's keep this debate logical, philosophical and scientific.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas&t=1s
archive.is/lAdK0
archive.is/dpaeg
archive.is/UKxG4
archive.is/EymUY
archive.is/oFLX6
archive.is/B0w9e
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof
coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the-bible/
lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-jesus/jesus-resurrection/
archive.is/9yQDX
archive.is/NdvP1
youtube.com/watch?v=yf5ovSpS2GU
youtube.com/watch?v=tzSTydOaZJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It seems odd that this all worked out so perfectly (physics, biology) to alocate intelligent, self aware life.
If it didn't, there wouldn't be anyone to acknowledge that it hadn't, now would there?

>What are the odds that god exists in any form?
doesn't matter
>Is a higher power real?
doesn't matter

There is no eternity in which the human mind can find eternal peace and happiness

We are living in a computer simulation. It's practically a certainty.

Imagine belonging to a religion that split Europe permanently into east and west because they couldn't decide on how to best worship a Jew.

It's hilarious, they hate their ancestors. The Christian ones, since for most of them the vast majority of their Christian ancestors were catholic. And the pagan ones, because of course they aren't Christian.

Their ideal version of earth is a garden in which you don't build, you don't invent, you don't do anything but sit and do nothing for all eternity. Their god is always their with them and will always forgive them no matter what they do as long as they feel sorry and ask for forgiveness. Along with all the no one can judge me but god and the original sin, it's just like modern liberalism. White guilt and born with/into privilege is the original sin. And we all know how the liberals hate when you judge people.

Does this god sound like a god man would want? I don't think so. I think it sounds like something that would appeal to women.
>no one can judge me (but god)
>I can always be forgiven for all the shit I pull
>I'm never alone, god is always by my side
>my ideal earth is one in which I sit around all day and do nothing

>I think it sounds like something that would appeal to women.
You're actually right.

Christianity spread through the Empire on the lips of slaves and women
It offered equality under the Lord and freedom and in Heaven.

Roman men didn't want equality. They wanted inequality with themselves at the top.
Only those with no means to gain social power would find the idea that universal equality appealing

I believe it's highly probable that some sort of intelligent designer was involved in the creation of the universe. This designer would be incomprehensible to us.

It's definitely not the Abrahamic God though. Anyone who thinks an omnipotent being gives two shits about tattoos and gays is a fucking idiot.

You have said it. What are the chances of this phisical reality to exist as it does on its own? The chance of it is so astronomically low that may as well constitute a religion. Instead of faith on God, a faith in random chance.

My favourite example is, what are the odds of inhabiting a planet with a single moon (we could have many like most of other planets, but ours has one) and that moon is coincidentally ~400 times smaller to our sun but is ~400 times closer to the earth in such a way that during solar eclipses, the moon perfectly fits in our perspective of the sun to overshadow it to perfect precision. Atheists who believe that such phenomena can happen on its own, and us being alive in the one planet where it happens, is product of a random chance... Are just religious zealots of another religion.

ops a christ faggot

>it seems odd
You can't figure out how it happened, therefore god did it?

Since we have a sample size of 1, a large moon may actually turn out to be a prerequisite for life

And since we also have a sample size of 1 when it comes to universes, we don't actually know how "like" it is to exist rather than not exist.

It's not perfect though. There are more galaxies out there than stars in the milky way and thus far we haven't found anywhere like Earth. It's not neat and orderly. The universe is freaking chaotic. In all probability, life is a happy accident that sometimes happens but usually can't.

If there are gods (I can't believe there would be just one, that's dumb.) they aren't interacting with us and never have. There's no reason to create such a massive universe just for the sake of watching one dinky planet in it.

Zero. For legal reasons I cannot reveal what I did, but let's just say God would have sent a lightning strike.

Let's pretend for a moment that a universe capableof and containing the necessary conditions for life is both randomly possible but extremely extremely unlikely. What are your odds of existing in that universe to be able question its origins?

>I can't believe there would be just one

That is how highly the Christian views himself. He thinks that an all powerful all knowing being who exists in eternity finds humans interesting and worthwhile company.

It would be like you spending all your days with ants. Watching the ants, listening to the ants, telling the ants how to live their lives.

Careful with all that figuring. You might figure out God made it.

If there is no God, than how did Trump get elected?

I once pissed on a church when I was blind drunk, and my life has been getting progressively worse in increasingly unfortunate and improbable ways ever since. So, maybe there is some truth to it.

Was it a gypsy church built on an Indian burial ground?

Maybe it's time to ask for forgiveness, Oliver.

THE RUSSIANS STOLE IT FROM HER

Race advances, develops time travel, decides to go back to the beginning to see if there is a god and how it started - oops ! accidentally creates the whole thing by dragging the entire energy content of the universe with them.

What bothers me most about Christians is their love of the "holy land".

They say we must regain the holy land regardless of the cost, but why? Why do so many Europeans consider non European land to be the holy land? Surely if there would be a holy land on this earth it would be Europe. But this is not so for the Christian.

God Exists my dude. I used to be an atheist vehemently debating my christian friends on whether or not God exists, but then I found out there was a dividing line in the Christian community, there were those who pieced modern science and God together. It started to make so much sense, the feeling of nihilism and anger escaped me, I felt better.

-Digital Physics Existence for God?
>youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas&t=1s

-Law of conservation of Energy
(Hawking's widely believed radiation theory violates the basic laws of physics)
>archive.is/lAdK0

-Consciousness

Consciousness cannot be reduced to purely materialistic terms
>archive.is/dpaeg

The universe's basic block is information, not matter or energy
>archive.is/UKxG4

Consciousness can be expressed as information patterns and quantified (work in progress). Every network is "unique" and contains a expresses a different instance of consciousness
>archive.is/EymUY

Reincarnation (probably) exists
>archive.is/oFLX6

You retain awareness after brain death
>archive.is/B0w9e

-Godels Ontological Theorum
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof

-Witness accounts of Christ
>coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the-bible/

>lifehopeandtruth.com/god/who-is-jesus/jesus-resurrection/

BIBLE PROPHECIES FUFILLED:
>archive.is/9yQDX
>archive.is/NdvP1

I personally am not a YEC, God used some forms of Macro evolution in his creation of our universe
(Genesis 1:24-27)

Also watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=yf5ovSpS2GU
Science proves the existence of God more than it disproves it.
Also God named the Jew, he knows his creation the best.
Titus 1:10-11
Revelation 3:9

>What are the odds that god exists in any form?
Pretty good my dude. More than enough to logically justify faith.

Only Gods people really worship these days are Money, Pussy, Drugs, Hate. That is all.

literally 50:50

>practically a certainty
That's an overstatement.

I've questioned God's existence for many years now, and I've concluded that yes, he does exist - most likely in a single, immaterial form.

To create the world, he must be eternal and extremely powerful, to an extent beyond our comprehension.

And if he creates, he must think, because to create requires thinking.

Now religion is another matter. I consider myself a Christian (albeit in a loose sense), but the idea of the Trinity and the supremacy of the Bible (meaning its alignment with reality), namely the NT (because the OT is just stories), is something I struggle with still.

Christians defended Europe for over 1,000 years. It wasn't till we were (((secularised))) that we were overrun.

Im exactly where you are, combining god and science. It started with me realizing that it was in front of my face: that the Big Bang was the Creation and they explain each other.

>The universe's basic block is information, not matter or energy

I would say our thoughts rather than information; ideas have mass. Quantum researchers have discovered that when they observe quantum particles and expect them to behave a certain way, then they do.

Assuming this isn't b8, you are retarded. You sound like someone who has never even attempted to read an argument for an opposing viewpoint

One last thing, we can't simply remove religion from the hearts of people, no matter what evidence says. It creates an empty black pilled feeling in a lot of people, and if you let that feeling run wild people will try to cope with it and use power to make it go away.

Molymeme said it best

@ 16:10

youtube.com/watch?v=tzSTydOaZJU

IF there is a God, they have an incredible laissez faire attitude to their creation. I believe it's impossible for us to understand to conceptualise their resons for creating the universe other than life exists and is aware it exists so that's odd huh.

Agreed entirely. It's quite remarkable how that no matter what terms you think of the world in, Material or Digital, etc, you always have the question of the beginning, the starter of it all.

>ideas have mass
this is 100% unfounded

your next sentence doesn't make any sense. whatever you intended to convey, it's wrong. you are not a physicist. you do not know anything about quantum mechanics.

Odds? 1% maybe?

I'm not a reddit fedora atheist. If you want to believe in god, and it makes you happy, fucking go for it, its none of my business.

But in realistic terms, god is just a placeholder for 'Shit we don't know yet'.

Before we knew how the solar system worked, how orbits worked, 'God' moved the sun. Before we knew gravity, photosynthesis, biology...'God' did it. The more we discover, the less god seems to have done.

Plus, God is a blankie, a comforter. And thats cool if you need it, death is a scary fuckin thing. No one wants to think their entire life just *poof* ends when they die, otherwise what the fuck is the point.

I have anxiety, manic depression, and sometimes I wish I could believe in god, give me something good to hang onto. But I just can't. Theres too much shit out there to disprove him. Plus, looking at radicals *muzzies, christians etc*, I just don't want to be associated with those cunts.

To justify faith in some creator-entity, sure.

To justify faith in the Abrahamic God? It's totally irrational to believe in that God.

>in any form?

100%

We will one day have to re-evaluate our description of God.

God is inexistent
Next thread.

this

Do you think there's going to be a moment when we die where we have to stand in front of God, or whatever the creator actually is, and explain our actions? Because I've done some weird shit that nobody knows about and I don't think I'd be able to handle that.

What i can't get behind is the only one God? But then says we shouldn't worship other gods like they're out there but not as good as me?

We won't have to explain anything. We're not that important.

>this all worked out so perfectly
>such a neat and orderly universe

You do realize that you are using completely subjective reasons to objectively prove good.

What is perfect? What is neat and orderly? The universe or anything sure as hell isn't neat and orderly.

Don't use subjective things you THINK as proof of anything.

Your mind is limited by your perception of the universe. Don't be dumb enough to think that the universe that is limited because of you how your mind perceives it.

Anthropic principle.

Lebanon and the lands of turkey were once ours. Egypt and North Africa were once ours. The city of Alexandria now has an Arab name. So much was lost, and now only the ruins remain.

They will be destroyed when they no longer bring those countries money. They will be worn away by the wind and rain because those countries do not value them. And yet still the Christian is oblivious to this. Obsessed with the "holy land". Completely unaware of what was lost by Christians.

Thousands of years of their ancestors wiped away and purposefully forgotten. Hated even, because after all they are "pagan", or some denomination of Christianity you no longer follow.

It's amazing to see the spite and malice the Christian has and would wish on his own ancestors. The hate he has for their stories and myths. The way he ridicules them. It is evil.

Arabs actually use the Persian name.

Equally disgusting

There have been hundreds upon hundreds of monotheistic and polytheistic gods throughout the ages. The odds of any one ideology being correct are extremely low. Conversely, there are big questions about the universe and existence that we'll probably never answer through science so this debate will never end.

>Your mind is limited by your perception of the universe

They will say God made us. We're self-aware, actually know we are here and alive.

But we don't even know where HERE is. At least not in the context of the entire universe and whatever is beyond it. Once we can figure out how to answer that we will probably regret it.

Bump

>spending all your days with ants.
>Watching the ants,
>listening to the ants,
>telling the ants how to live their lives

I tried that for what seems like an eternity
The don't listen.

Perhaps if you were sober for more than a few hours at a time your life would improve.

What denomination of christian are you? Your links make a lot of sense and I am interested.

This