Be me

>be me
>be godless
>be depressed
>realize how important god is
>tfw religion is important, but believe to fervently that there is no god
wat do? I'm going further down the path of nihilism every day, but I just can't bring myself to go back to religion even though I realize how important a shared belief in a supreme being is to society.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DtiRzQMgBDM
erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=UA01VZIb-eQ
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop being depressed

>be me
back to Sup Forums newfriend

im game

Have you considered suicide? Could be worth looking into.

I believe strongly in God but hate religion. Read more scientific papers and watch some videos about the cosmos, the evidence for God is all around you.

Bamsk

Embrace simplicity in your life, theres no HIGHER purpose in life, so what? It only means that you and only you are in charge of your life.

Life is whatever you want it to be.

Find a hobby and be doing what you live doing, just make yourself happy, follow your nature, after all you evolve to be like this bullshit doing just that.

okay

>stop browsing Sup Forums
oh fugg :D:D
see you tomorrow guys

Its kinda hard to see the light when engulfed in nihilism. Just try and appreciate the little things and not be bitter, at least thats what I tell myself.

Study the perennial philosophy of Plato and Aristotle to know that God exists. Then read Aquinas and become a Christian.

Roll

Forget Abrahamic religions and return to your roots OP. Think of the traditions of those before the opperession of the Middle east was placed on you. Those religions hold no peace or love for nature or man, they hold the desire to persecute the human. You are not born with sin, you are free. You will always be that way, your honour is more important.
Think of honour and how important that is. You can gain it, you can lose it, and you know how to do both,
Gain honour and give it to your offspring or your family if you can.
teach them what honour is.

YOu have no sin when you are born, and all sins you commit can be retributed in peace with your kin!

Respect your kin, and they will respect you.

>

Why do you need to believe in God the conventional way? Why does he need to be a bearded guy floating on a cloud?

Try to think about this:
Everything has a beginning. So, regardless of whether or not time is real, there had to be original source of everything that makes up this world. Right?
So, whenever everything in this universe came into existence is, for all intents and purposes, the beginning of "time". Because, there can't be time without some objective way of observing it.

So, let's assume that at the beginning of time, all things came into existence. Matter, physics, chemistry, the laws of the universe.
There had to have been a GREAT power that determined all that and actually executed it's implementation into the world.

Whatever great power created the world, whatever affect it still has on the world today, and any traces of it's existence, is what I refer to as God.

Deep down, it's what EVERY religion refers to as God. The creator of the world, the universe, and everything inside and outside it's confines.

Whether or not God fits your preconceived notions doesn't matter. The fact is, a great power created this universe, and, as a result, everything that exists. That's what God is, and there is no denying God exists.

>bearded guy floating on a cloud
atheists are so brainwashed

roll

>I realize how important a shared belief in a supreme being is to society.

Thats the problem isn't it....

What if I told you that you have already encountered what is missing in your life but you simply overlooked it.

The most illusive answers are sometimes those that are staring at us in the face.

Do not interpret the text literally. The answer lies within:

=====

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[a] because of righteousness.

rollio

He's not an atheist fuck tard

>I'm going further down the path of nihilism every day,
There is nothing you can do to stop this at this point. All the advice offered otherwise will only push you farther down the road. Complete acceptance of nihilism and the iron pill are the only way to get on with your life and give it enough semblance of meaning to survive in the modern world. Suicide is the only way out otherwise. Best of luck to you.

Okay varg senpai, anything for you.

You are correct. You believe what you believe for a reason.

Basically, you just need to do better. Your state of depression is externalizing the problem. Pretending that God is real might make you feel better, but you will be forever lying to yourself.

If you are an atheist, don't bother trying to become religious. Unless, of course, you manage to go all in and force yourself to genuinely believe in God.

Just use your brain and your body faggot.
And don't forget about the body.

There are people who understand far more than Heisenberg, and have not com to this conclusion.

There is no evidence for God in anything.

well, why not.

FUCK!

I believe the greatest fallacy of the American approach to religion is the Puritanical thought process of the protestants that established that country. Because of that many moved to athieism as the science came in and destroyed the fundamentals.

You get it tohugh, it's not literal, it never was. Thats why I suggest looking past the Abrahamic religions and considering mythological comparision. You'll begin to realize we all told a similiar story, and from there you will begin to understand its not a literal transferance but more so an allegorical tale of how our cells started to divide and one day we die, but we continue, forever infinitely.

read CS Lewis
read KJV

See ya.

Seeking religion during time of depression is a bad move. Frankly, it seems that it's just your brain's way to rationalize a better future for yourself. There's a good chance you'll snap back out of it slowly if such is the case.

doesn't matter. his perception of the christian God is in the same portrayal of that of atheists and the media that brainwashed those same atheists with that sort of portrayal. he's brainwashed too

Hmm OK wat do mighty bearded man?

No worries my friend. You should surround yourself with spiritual people. Religion is more about organization of herds.
We are naturally spiritual beings.
Meditation and prayer together helps me. Astral projection and lucid dreams have given my life a whole new meaning.
Look into it. You might find a spark in your soul.

Are you referring to my paragraph post, or the OP's?
Because I'm not an atheist, nor is my view a brainwashed perception of the Christian God. I said "bearded guy on cloud" because I wanted to dispel that ridiculous notion that many atheists do have.

1 post by this ID

Fuck it, I'll bite anyhow.

If you open yourself up to the possibility of Faith, you can find it. It sounds like you have but there's nothing there yet filling that gulf. What you need to do is go out and try it yourself. You've done the hardest part by just being willing to allow yourself to try to believe. 99% of atheists can't do that.

Find a local Church and attend services, talk with the pastor. Learn what you can. If that place doesn't feel right to you or you're not finding God there, don't be discouraged and keep looking.

When you find it, you'll know. There's a certainty that comes with Faith, a je ne sais quoi that pisses off non-believers. Like having the ability to see colors amid a world of the colorblind. It's something you can actually feel and draw strength from.

Roll

Shit, you're right.

I actually went into the threat to check exactly that.

And ended up taking the bait.

Fuck.

saged

Roll

rollin

Roll

fake it til you make it

Jesus can save you user

"The fool hath said in his heart: There is no God"

please.

But Heisenberg is the one who got it.
>Le no evidence
Nice opinion m8.

Roll

Try tarot. Basically lesser magic that helps you discover yourself through themetic memetics

Hail Hitler!

0000 pls

Couldn't hurt to roll

Even if I don't agree with them, you made coherent compelling arguments. Someone else might take them to heart. No shame in that, even if the OP just made a slide thread.

Rollin Rollin Rollin, Keep them doggies rollin, Rolling, Rawhide

Roll

Fake and gay

Be spiritual. Also check out Buddhism without Beliefs.

>he can't escape from nihilism without appealing to god
lol. pick any religion you want, you'll still be an untermensch

Here's a riddle for you clever seeker
What is the thing that differentiates
the customs of the fools from what is
the inheritance of the most wise King

What good shall this riddle offer you
in searching the origin of knowledge?
what is this heart center here spoken
honour it because it is your Dominion

Will the highest truth ever be spoken
in brief and plain language to people
Having not witnessed the other shores
how can they be spoken but by stories

How can a prince gain his sovereignty
Fortune some say, heredity say others
it's by a costless whip that he rules
Who can say it's money or inheritance

In seeking the Ultimate Enlightenment
the schema of mind must be understood
and governance of the transcendentals
with the keys of wonder and gratitude

We are granted much suffering in life
And it is to this we must be grateful
The experience of sin is a gift to us
So we might know good apart from evil
The hidden depth of suffering and sin
is that they point us to highest good
but this knowledge abandons the Earth
and men forget the secret way of life

rolling

Tell me what for

Any recommendations?

I'm already bitter, I'm afraid.

Jordan Peterson said something very similar to all of this. He's what got me to question my beliefs in the first place.

I don't think I can really force myself to do that.

I never liked churches because they always seemed to be indoctrination centers. But I suppose I'll give it a try.

quad 4s pls

Roll

Find interest, even minimal like if you kind of like cats or dogs go volunteer at a shelter or something to bring meaning and purpose into your life.

What does that even mean?

You're just putting words together, I'm tired of seeing "spiritual"

It has to stop.

k

rolling

youtu.be/DtiRzQMgBDM

rollan

erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

>I already don't drink.
Re-rolling for something else.

Alright Varg

>but believe to fervently that there is no god

Read this.

You probably just think of religion from a flawed perspective. Think of it as philosophy communicated through allegory and ritual.

your post is new age spiel. it's like you completely dismiss God as the same one in the bible and replace it with your own perception of some 'force' that only created the universe. I'm pretty sure you haven't even studied the bible

bye

rolling.

All organized religions are for normies. There is a god but only way to reach him is through yourself. Godspeed user

here we go

o7

roll

rowl

reroll

Read Nietzsche

One cannot will themselves into believing; indeed our enlightenment values piss on theology

The default is nihilism. Humans cannot at once be happy and nihilistic. We require belief. You must be the poet to your moral story.

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee"

The task of creating meaning as an ontological nihilist is an onerous and incessant. But it is the very capacity of an individual to endure the suffering and despair of meaninglessness while willing to power their own poetic destiny that makes one strong -- i.e. suffering and overcoming suffering is that which forges the ubermensch.

Without suffering we are merely castrated men. If we can strip away the illusion and face reality boldly then we can become more than ourselves.

Tread lightly here. Nietzsche recognizes that few, strong men will be able to stare down nihilism and walk away gallant and stronger than before. Indeed Nietzsche himself was not strong enough, and later said, "all superior men who were irresistibly drawn to throw off the yoke of any kind of morality and to frame new laws had, if they were not actually mad, no alternative but to make themselves or pretend to be mad."

The choice is yours user -- you're up against the wall, forward you will walk: either you step into the abyss or look at its ugly face and tell it to fuck off.

Personally I advise normies who're in some ways "spiritual" or "believe in some kind of power" not to investigate further. I advise Christianity as I believe that value system is mostly good for people and communities. But for people who've lost their values and illusions?

The choice is yours.

What's your view of God?

Do you believe all of the stories in the bible as literal historical events that happened?

Look on the bright side OP. By not believing god, you don't have to feel there is a powerful, all knowing, magical man who has devoted his live to torturing you because he hates you.

k

I'm glad you understand in the necessity of religion. I myself have been contemplating on going back to church every Sunday. I just need to suck it up.

I'm pretty sure you have never studied where the stories from the bible came from.

Realize paganism is the one true religion. There are many gods and they war just like humans do. Christ defeated Woden long ago but while he was distracted by his desperate struggle with Allah and whatever the fuck devil the Jews worship, Kek has awoken from his long slumber. SHADILAY

It doesn't matter whether or not a God exists. What matters is the effect of religion in the population.

Join us.

youtube.com/watch?v=UA01VZIb-eQ

okay, will do this

Let's goooooo

Roll

help me

>Personally I advise normies who're in some ways "spiritual" or "believe in some kind of power" not to investigate further

Well they will have to some time. If not in this life time but another. When Jesus replied to his disciple "You can't save everyone" he probably meant not in this lifetime

>mfw normies will eventually have to burn into ashes

There's no god in Buddhism.

This entire predicament is a fallacy. You're an idiot and you do not deserve to reap the pleasures of becoming invincible (nihilism)

I think Andrew Klavan laid out the best explanation for religion I have ever heard, even though I'm still an agnostic.

"I do not believe at all in 'proofs of god'. I believe that a proof of god would be anti-god because it would take your freedom away. if you could literally prove the existence of god so that nobody could deny it, you would have no choice in regards to your way of life... one of the greatest things about christianity, that there are things that aren't explained in christianity. we don't quite know how or why things happened. there are theories about it, and around these theories different parts of the religion are formed."