Advice for Brit staying in New York

OK, so it's my first time in the US, New York. I arrived last night from the UK, so I thought I'd go out and buy a vodka from a local shop, but they only have beer. Is it normal here for them to only sell spirits in liquor stores? In the UK you can get liquor from pretty much anywhere that sells food.

Also when I left my apartment, within 5 minutes I've had three crazy black people beg me for money and randomly sing to me. So is this what New York is about?

Seems you're all alone user.

Yes it's normal to only be able to buy liquor in a liquor store in the US. The hotel can help you get booze most likely bit you'll probably pay more for it.

Also, a city filled with millions of people where the cost of living is outrageously high had lots of poor people? You don't say...

Nyc is highly overrated. It's cool to visit once or twice or maybe a handful of times but it's not a place I'd ever want to live or stay in for longer than a few days.

going to new york in a few months as well, where should I stay\ where should I NOT stay? Any safe areas left where you can walk even at night?

please advise

You're looking for advice on Sup Forums about another country after you arrived? Are you britts fucking retarded or what?

NYC is a meme dude, not a nice place to visit. It still has a reputation that reflects how it used to be, not how it is now.

listen to the other burger - make the hotel staff find you shit. booze, weed, etc.

Liquor laws change dramatically state to state. Where i am the beer in anything but a liquor store is 3.2% alcohol by volume (abv, not sure what you use in the uk). Liquor stores here only have full alcohol beer. But liquor stores cant sell anything that doesnt have alcohol in it. No pop, cups, or anything. Unless you have a second entryway then you can open a "party supply store" and sell shit in there.

Welcome to America. Liquor laws are fucking retarded here. Take your ass to a gun range and rent a full auto. Youll immigrate within 6 months

Be careful where you walk at night OP

Why do you fools even want to visit New York in the first place? Out of anywhere to stay in the US, you pick one of the most overpriced, shitskin-filled, multicultural, degenerate shitholes we have to offer. NYC literally reminds of someone squirting a whole bunch of different color paints in a bucket with the delusional hope that the result will be anything other than a hideous, gray paste. You can get the same experience by digging through your nearest dumpster.

Stay out of the Bronx, above 125th and Bushwick, crown Heights, etc. Keep out of the neighborhood near the lower east side, east Village. The few blocks east and south east of there near the river. They're nothing but blacks and Hispanics.

Come home brother.

Thanks for the advice. I'm staying in an apartment so there is no room service or anything, its just rented. I've just checked Google maps and there is actually a liquor store 2 min walk from where I am. I probably won't go out at night here, accept the local shop. I plan on visiting times square most of the time, and probably won't use the subway at night.

It's like that in Holland as well. Seems us Brits are the only ones who aren't autistic about selling booze.

thanks, noted.

I've been in the USA before, and I will visit again after NYC, relax man... I was conflicted about visiting New York but I've heard some enthusiastic things from American friends I trust...

Tbh I've seen only about 15% of whites, I'm on 113th street. I knew the area would be a bit rough, but the apartment is pretty nice and it was cheap

Lol stupid bong
Don't go to time square it's a meme. Subway is okay at night, city isn't that dangerous.check out the Xmas tree, if you drink, go do it on the lower east side with college kids or broke meme majors or meat packing district (Google gilded lily and stumble to bars from there) of you prefer coke head wall street yuppies. Check out the museums and central park and don't fall for the meme admission, it's a suggestion at the museum

Don't let any niggers give you their mix-tape.
Especially don't buy a niggers mix-tape.
Basically just avoid niggers and mix-tapes and you'll be fine.

Just stay out of harlem. And dont go near projects housing. Also dont be afraid to go to very northern manhattan its nice.

of all the places you could've gone you picked NYC?

top. fuckin. kek.

Visit the high line and whitney museum. Visit the met. Explore the west village its really nice. Go to bars in the east village. 5:1 girl to guy ratio

1. Leave New York
2. Move to Midwest
3. Have fun

Is the Niagara Falls area nice? Is Buffalo a shit hole full of Leafs?

>2. Move to Midwest

tell me more please, where in exactly?

I will have two weeks to spend in the Usa this year, I'm landing in NYC but I don't have to stay there

Why does every Eurofag go to NYC? You niggers are dumb. New York sick balls.

Go get drunk in St. Augustine.

>New York

Do you mean New York state, or New York city? Because NYC is a flaming pile of shit.

>Is it normal here for them to only sell spirits in liquor stores?

Yes. I know you can buy liquor at grocery stores in New Mexico though.

>when I left my apartment, within 5 minutes I've had three crazy black people beg me for money and randomly sing to me.

This is normal for any city with niggers.

Come to Georgia. I'll buy you a few rounds. Shit, you can stay in my guest room.

Don't listen to the butthurt Midwesterners. Essentially any place in Manhattan is safe. I wouldn't stay in midtown just because of the tourist traps, try and book it in the West village if you can.
Christ NYC isnt the best thing of all time for a lot of reasons, but you know, it's still fun as fuck if you know where to go

funny story, i lived for a year in the us, and each fuckin time in the same local store when i wanted to buy cigarrettes (each day), i had to show my id. It was really fucked when i went to the shop, they recognized me, put marlboro without word from both sides, and after that ask for my id. what is wrong with you, america?

>Is it normal here for them to only sell spirits in liquor stores?

Yes. You don't want to know what those guys that sang to you would do instead when they're pissed.

He's in American not Georgia.

It totally depends on the state you are in. Where I live, you can buy liquor, beer and wine in grocery and convenience stores until 2am.

UK education, bretheren!

I was just in the U.S for 3 months and stayed near and in NYC for most of it.

I recommend you go to Rudy's Bar in Hell's Kitchen if you don't want to pay London tier prices for piss water beer. Just ignore the beggars, there are a lot of mentally ill homeless black dudes wandering around. Don't look like a tourist.

Try the 99p pizza slices, they're better than any pizza you'll find here in the UK for many times the price.

Oh, and don't pay anything for the Museum mile stuff. They are only suggested entry fees. Americans who come to London don't have to pay anything to see our shit, so I argued that I wasn't paying to see their shit. Avoid some of the shitty tourist trap things like Empire State Building observation. Check out lower key things like the High Mile park, Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in the Heights or Native American museum in Downtown.

You best be trollin'.

new York.
only cops, trump and niggers carry guns there. you'll probably get shot.