CalExit

So can anyone here redpill me on CalExit?
Why Californians want to exit union? Cuz of Trump or?
Will it happen?

it's mexicans behind it not californians. it's a hostile takeover attempt by foreign invaders

It will never happen
If it did, they would starve to death

why is that?

>Will it Happen?
No chance.

The Civil War of 1865 made sure of it.

They import most of their water.

Their food is grown in the eastern part of the state, also where all their oil is located. It voted heavily republican, and would pull a West Virginia and rejoin the Union as 'East California' or 'West Westtexas'. The secessionist coastal areas would die quickly due to lack of water, food, power, and gasoline. Nothing of value would be lost.

Sadly not a chance

The water and farms will stay in America

Implying anyone would care if they left

What if foreign countries decided to help Cali? Like Russia or China? In exchange for idk like placing their army bases there?

That can happen (Actually already happened only not with USA but with Ukraine (Crimea))

taxation without representation, once it takes 5 California vote to equal 1 Wyoming vote, it will be inevitable, no state in their right mind would stand for that

There is a lot of misinfo ITT from people I'm guessing are Texans or midwesterners

Calexit is mostly anti-Trump but the secessionists are largely white liberals, not butthurt Mexicans

A lot of our growing regions vote Democrat because of immigrant labor so that's not an issue

California is a net contributor to the US federal budget so that wouldn't be an issue.

However it still wouldn't happen as CA couldn't raise a proper military.

implying people wouldnt move out of dumbfuckistan if they could afford it

Btw can a state leave USA? Like what has to happen so one country leave USA?

In Yugoslavia all 6 states had to vote for so a state could leave union (Even tho that didn't happen during brake up)

I live in commiefornia

A state cannot legally leave the USA.

No not unless all 50 do

So only war? Well that won't happen.

If Calexit were to happen then Texas would instantly follow and most of the confederate states would also form their own faction. The remaining states would probably break apart in the chaos since they wouldn't be able to rally to bring it all back together.

(A) how? They can't project power overseas. China couldn't even manage to make it to Japan without their fleet sinking en route. We can project more power with a single carrier group and MAU than most countries entire military, and we wouldn't even need to because we can use the fucking interstates.

(B) without water "die quickly" means "die in days". Russia wouldn't even get their soldiers sobered up in time, China would still be building rafts to get over here.

You are exaggerating the water crisis, but it's not like our state government could actually pull off a military secession

>california seceeds from union
>US earns right to annex it back
>earn right to kill millions of gays, jews, and mexicans
>completely purge SF and LA
so what's the downside here?

More accurately, a state could not leave unilaterally. While the US constitution has no secession method, an amendment authorising a state to leave would be legal.

Yes, a state can leave. It takes approval of Congress though (see Supreme Court case Texas v. White). Or a really buff military (see Civil War).

i hope they fucking leave so i can sit back and laugh at their dumb fucking asses, Mexico would've been Great if fox didnt go full retard and fuck everything up. Build the wall and keep california the fuck away.

So it's similar to Yugoslavia where all states had to agree to one state leaving union.

Texas v White was a joke
They had to go back to the Articles of Confederation

Well USA will fall apart also if it continues to be so much liberal. Liberalism = Creation of bullshit BLM, feminazi's n other shit. And that bullshit movements can lead to catastrophe in society

Nope. Without the water from the eastern parts of the states and other states, and purification systems, the cities would die in days. It you survive it will be because trump took pity on you and didn't cut the pipelines and the power lines.

What happens when the loyalist central valley and north dam up the aqueduct?

A state could de facto secede through a referendum. I doubt any US president would turn the army on Americans (even if they don't see themselves a such).

That being said the Supreme Court has ruled that the US is a perpetual union, so they would have the right to.

Yes, and the preamble. But nonetheless it is currently the law of the land.

Right I should have specified l. I meant unilateral secession.

Only a majority of states have to agree, not all.

It's a distraction. Gotta have a white boogeyman.
The only Republicans left to fight are outside of California.

Well referendum is fair tho

Its all downhill from here man i was at church this past sunday and i shit you not i saw a group of fucking refugees man, its FUCKED. and the sad part is these dumb fucks will still try to get over the border but they wont.

no its not
The Supreme Court is not infallible
The Constitution is still the supreme law of the land

They want to make Escape From LA a documentary.

You're funny windows-user. Go read an American history textbook, 1791-1794, and 1861-1865.

You're assuming that the Eastern infrastructure wouldn't remain under state gov control at least initially. People from the East may have guns but there aren't that many of us. What if they sent the LAPD to defend the watter supply?

Southern California here, I fucking hate this shithole. I want to move out to the mid west or montana. I barley started working for a high school, so it may take some time to transfer. California fucking sucks.

Im from California, and this is pretty much true. The funny thing is Northern California constantly tries to break away, but they were heavily criticized by the same exact people calling for a calexit

Their food is grown in the central valley along with all of its oil. As heavily Republican it may be, it would be impossible to have a separate union island inside of what would be a new country

Trump would send in US troops

The Union Army decided that, user. Texas v White simply provided a legal fig leaf for the deaths and shredding of the constitution. But that decision has nice implications for Texas to this day, since it means we kept the ability to split into 5 states on a simple state legislature vote..

In that case sure, but it would take the Army probably two days total to reach LA and San Francisco, no time for them to run out of water

LAPD would defend the east.

>The Union Army decided that, user.
No the Union Army decide that would stay in the Union
Texas v White decided they would come back as States and not as conquered territory

It wouldn't be an island, user. It would be everything but the cities, which would be under siege. Enjoy your death. Remember, it your death would not have been in vain, it's for the trannies (also dead) and illegal immigrants (also dead).

Okay, so tell me this, this is what i've heard from my sociology teacher and i think it's true, but you judge:

In USA you have like 5% super rich guys (guys who own banks, supermarkets, car manufacturing plants...) and 95% guys who live normally (enough money to pay rents, food, water n similar stuff). But every time those 95% people want to buy something expensive they have to take loans, similar stuff and thus injecting more money to those 5%. So all money is being pumped up to those 5%. So in one moment you will have people that has nothing (95%) and people who have everything (5%). Similar to Great Roman Empire.

Is this the case?

what do you mean no time for them to run out
Eventually they cut it off
Also the Feds are in much better shape to seize the Central Valley than the LAPD

>Mexicans no longer getting free shit out of the federal government so they start going to other states
>A mass exodus of Californians begin and fill other states

You will miss this being a state because you will have to put up with more people from here, possibly distributing the votes in red areas turning them blue.

They think they're better than everyone. But without them Trump would have won the popular vote.

no
the middle class is huge
everyone being poor and struggling is a meme

The Union army decided that states could not secede unless the US agreed. Texas v White modified that by stating that agreement of the US Congress was sufficient. And that states did not lose legal identity over the war (which was the important bit for Texas)

>Like Russia
won't do anything

>or China?
would likely go claim taiwan while the usa is busy with california

>so they start going to other states
we dont let them in

Partially true. Less than 5% and there are plenty of people who are just normal upper middle class who aren't taking tons of loans. I didn't need a college loan, for example (UC school + a lot of money saved) but probably most people take student loans.

The Feds could easily take the whole state if they're just occupying part of it

>The Union army decided that states could not secede unless the US agreed.
No they didn't
If Texas v White went the other way and said they did secede they would not have been free to go
They just would have been a conquered foreign country

CALIFORNINA REPUBLIC OF GRIZZLED REALITY HAS ALWAYS SECEDED WHICH IS WHY WE HAVE BEEN BOUGH OFF FOR 1TRILLION LATIN AMERO DOLLARS EVERY EARTH REALITY ETERNITY REPEAT.

it is always called the louisiana purchase for $1 bill, but what is the demonination of $1 BILL? it is actually A FUCK OF A LOT MORE THAN ONE DOLLAR... or a hundred pennies. IT IS A BILL mostly to BUILD and RESTORE A FUCK OF A LOT.

CA is not a permanent state. and never has been. CA has always WON its OWN secession.

>The Feds could easily take the whole state if they're just occupying part of it
yes and invading the central valley would easily bring the US into the war

No. Rome got like that because the rich people imported cheap noncitizens for all their labor, not just common workers but doctors, teachers, engineers, etc were all imported noncitizen foreigners who worked for nearly free. Julius Caesar was killed after he proposed a Senate bill mandating that at least some jobs had to go to local citizens, and the rich families killed him.

In Rome they were slaves, in the US they are wetbacks and H1Bs. But it's the same problem.

>you can't come here because people you have no control over decided you aren't American anymore

That isn't how it would work

Mexican here. Illegals and whiny libtards are behind it, not politically literate Mexicans who pay taxes and manage property. 30% of Hispanics went for Trump.

LOL. Yes, they did. The south seceded. The US said nopers, and killed and starved them until the south agreed. Unless maybe you thing the Union Army was just sightseeing all that time?

What?

There wouldn't be anything to stop the Feds, no war at all. CA secessionists are nogunz liberals. There's no reason for them to just occupy the eastern part of the state when there would be functionally no resistance anywhere in the state.

I'm sure that they are aware of that, and the fear of the mighty LAPD would elicit a chuckle.

>Leftists are still confused as to how Trump won

lol

even without repealing the 14th accepting california citizenship could be grounds for losing US citizenship

stupid fuck head

A better solution would be to break California into two states

And this doesn't have anything to do with Texas v White

I dont' know if you know it but the federal reserve is actually cuba. japan is the bank of asia. brian is the bank of europe. and cuba is the bank of americasss.

banks area always off continents on islands to keep the SAFE and SECURE.

Which one of those two want's to separate really?
(I presume you thing North and South)

Maybe you missed it but I said move out. As in they would leave and not take the California citizenship. Illegals would no longer be in California because they would start settling elsewhere.

I sure as hell won't be in this state if it would ever begin to happen.

>The Feds could easily take the whole state if they're just occupying part of it
Sure, but why? Circumvallate the cities, cut off the water and power, and let the secessionist die. Problem solved, and keeps us from having to do the same to {{{New York}}}.

If a California succession were to happen I can definitely see Jefferson (51st state) being a reality

I hope they succeed

Lol no.
California is $400 billion in debt because they operate at a constant deficit.

and the ones leaving would not be liberals so whats the problem
if anything liberals from other states would move to california

There's a northern secessionist movement (rednecks not bay area tards) but otherwise west/east would make more sense

True, I get your point

It would be the 50th state because California would have left.

And the US is 20 trillion in debt, what's your point? That has nothing to do with the fact that CA is a net contributor unlike the shitty flyover states

this is because of all of the old people leaving the states and tariffs from the ports

And the fuckers in Hollywood and Silicon Valley, and tourism, and agriculture, and so forth

We should just sell the southwestern region of California to China.

- millions of people on welfare

>selling a productive region to a rival country
How about no. Give it to Canada

Not all liberals are complete retards like the ones we see around here. They would move out.

China is more likely to do genocide

>Not all liberals are complete retards
90% of them are

Lol. It's really complicated, not sure you can follow.

You don't get $400 billion in debt by positive production. California sucks up tax dollars like a single mom with five kids. You are a welfare state. Just last year one of your biggest counties declared bankruptcy.

A few small areas of California produce a ton of money. The state as a whole is a negative. It's why you're so in debt.

California would come back only beaten and demoralized

Highest per capita population on welfare is Louisiana or one of the Southern states

Jesus fuck open an economics textbook once in a while

Good luck with those pension obligations

I'm a republican living in California. What I was saying is that California has such a big liberal population/electors that without it this country would be saved for at least another 100 years.

And then they have a bunch of free infrastructure, bad idea