Is He Right?

If so, why join a semitic religion?

Damn it's almost like Christ cucks are dumb as fuck

Yes

>shit talking Santa while wearing his hat

Kek

fpbp

He is supposing that people that say that religion is good for men don't actually believe in God, which is an assumption that he is taking out of his arse.

Children believe in Santa too.

Yes, he's right - that's a shitty argument to make if you're trying to prove the truth of a religion. But usually I see that idea spring up only when people are trying to prove the usefulness of religion in society, and not whether it's true or not.

Who's he responding to in this quote, or what is the broader context here?

He's saying even if Christianity benefits society doesn't mean it is true

He's misrepresenting that argument. It is proof if we understand God (or Christ in the scripture) brings the order or Logos of the world, not that the creator exists.

In other words, it is evidence that God created an order to the universe and it would be evidence that God is compassionate and essentially good which is what the Christian tradition expounds versus Manichaeism.

Hurr durr.

Are you making the retards' mating call in the hope that some other Christians might hear and answer it?

Is this a new spam in Sup Forums done by leftcucks? Literally have been in a similar thread. I also noticed a huge influx of this type of thread these days

Mencken is an interesting to read/good writer but he was the original fedora tipper with an axe to grind against Christianity.

He liked to think he was some kind of ubermensh, edgy free thinker or something.

Having practiced Christianity for a long time, I have never met any Christian who says the benefit of being a Christian is that it keeps them from misbehaving. I would say that Christianity requires a moment in your life when you become 99.9% certain that God exists and the Bible is an accurate representation of His story and will for us. Without that, I can't think of any real benefit of religion.

>but he was the original fedora tipper

"Doth some one say that there be gods above?
There are not; no, there are not. Let no fool,
Led by the old false fable, thus deceive you.”

>reddit tier comedy
Really funny, newfag.

Euripides was the worst and most degenerate Greek playewrite

>e-everyone I can't argue against is from reddit
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>arguing with shitposters
Even I have better things to do.

I used your exact line of reasoning. Are you a shitposter?

Yup

>I can't think of any real benefit of religion.

Me neither

It's a common argument on Sup Forums