Elon Musk is a genius

Watch this video and say that Elon Musk is not a genius and that he is only wants gibs from the government. I dare you.

youtube.com/watch?v=APnN2mClkmk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwknRVjUBCg
driving.stanford.edu/papers.html
comma.ai/
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He only wants gibs from the government*

Investing his own capital to achieve that, sure, great

But a huge portion of it comes from the government, and I'm sure that a lot of people would've done better if they had the chance to receive those billions. Until he stops leeching from it for whatever reason I wont be able to fully attribute anything his companies produce to hm. Reminder that his solar company recently bankrupted, and Tesla is constantly underperforming for the quarters. All that WITH subsidies. Truly pathetic.

holy shit that guy didnt even break at all, just tried switching lanes and didnt account for how slow those cars were

Wow its so fucking hard to tell that a car accelerating into something in front of it will lead to a crash

Sarcasm? It was, for a computer.

APOLOGIZE.

youtube.com/watch?v=JwknRVjUBCg

compilation

Props to Tesla, but what impressed me the most was the way the red car completely fucked the other car.

Elon wants to break us out of the matrix that we're all stuck in. Of course he's based.

maybe for a shitty government supplied computer

>luddites
>in 2016+362d

So how did it do it though? Is their system really looking that far ahead? What specifically made the car put on the break?

The rapid change in speed of the vehicle 2 cars ahead I believe.

This is sick but reminds me why I hate driving
Considering moving out of NYC but these roads are deathtraps due to these other shit drivers

>two cars driven by humans smash into each other
>automated car safely slows down before it even happens
>meatbags still think they should be able to drive cars

how did it know though?

matter of time till insurance companies refuse to insure meatbag drivers

when will meet bags learn? Truly silicon race is master race

Well I know that it has sensors but I didn't realize they would be looking so far ahead.

>car without a driver is moving 113 kmh on public roads

Lots and lots of sensors

Elon musk is a conman and space-x sucks huge nigger dick

Elon Musk is not a genius and he only wants gibs from the government.

The computer measured the distance between the two cars, calculated the speed of both cars, the direction the red car was going and it came to the conclusion that the cars might crash, when it was too late to prevent the crash the computer triggered the alarm and stopped.
All that in less than a second.

Elon can't even design a rocket that works
Poo in loo India makes better rockets then space-x

Are you pretending to be retarded? This level of accuracy at this speed is basically posible thanks to modern GPU computing and AI research.

Durr so obvious fast will crash with something in front hurrr. Downplaying these advancements make you sound like some bitter anti-science fag.

than*

Is this europe? nobody would fucking get out of their cars to help if this was california

I would guess it sensed that the traffic ahead of the red car was stopped and that the red car was not stopping.

Very impressive, I must say.

Elon musk is a meme. A reddit meme.

Wait so which car is the one I should be watching? The black one in the right lane? Or the car that we're watching the video through?

That's pretty impressive.

Elon Musk is still a leech tho.

>1 American company
>versus 1 billion pajeets

Nice comparison

>do nothing wrong
>die because of tailgating dumbass
wew

Driverless cars are just there to wean us off knowing how to operate machinery so when we become slaves we have no idea of how to use them to free ourselves.

Looks like a fake crash. The red car basically forces itself into the other car. Casually rams into the back of the car infront of it. Wasn't a super fast merge or anything it makes no sense how he would hit the car unless he was having a stroke. Plus I doubt the car would pick up on that as an accident. 99% of the time that situation goes smoothy if the driver isnt a blind asian women.

I doubt it predicted the crash with any ai. Prob just started beeping because it sensed the car in front of the red one was stopped. Tech that's been in cars since at least the 90s.

>space
>real
That's why.

Never mind. I read the article.

Your car from the 90s has radar that can see the location and speed of the car two cars ahead?

NIGGERS JUST CANT COMPETE WITH THE BIG WHITE BRAIN

You cant even see the vehicle in front of the car that caused the collision until it already happened. How is that not impressive?

I dont know the physics of it, google I'm pretty sure uses lydar, which can only use line of sight. I think tesla must use radio or sound waves which would be much harder to work with.

The article says it bounces the waves underneath the car in front of you which helps it see further ahead.

>Never drove around shitskins

So? It didn't prevent the crash from happening. The driver of the Tesla was far enough away that they would have been able to stop in time even without the beeps

Useless tech.

Wow that one where the one car is going like 45 behind the Tesla and it accelerates quickly enough that even had the other driver not stopped there would have been no wreck. What an impressive machine.

ASSMAD BRAINLET SPOTTED LMAO

you can see the break lights through the windshield 5 seconds before it happens.

Nigger, even my shitty $200 2007 Toshiba craptop could have predicted that crash.

How would tech in someone else's car prevent a crash that wasn't involving it anyway?

Yeah I do the same thing every time I drive, with my brain.

>unironically trusting your nervous system with fuckton a of input and output lag
Purists can go fuck themselves.

Basically this, that's the end result. If you want to dive deep into it you will have to read a bunch of papers on this
driving.stanford.edu/papers.html is a start, it's probabilistics and math heavy.

t. Does computer graphics for a living, my thing was always lighting though not GPU visualisation (this field kinda collides with that kind of research)

>>Useless tech

LOL

But you are not on every car my friend

Yeah but this is a computer. Even if a person could have done the same thing the fact that a computer can do this is still pretty cool and shows that we've come pretty far with AI.

>le comedy pink vauxhall corsa
>guy

Organics BTFO, when will these carbon cucks learn?

But when they all ran across to help, I couldn't help but think of the Beaner Crossing signs on I5 by the Nuclear Boob in Pendleton.

Fuck off your computer doesn't operate like an human brain, you don't know what you are talking about. There is a lot of BS that has to happen before the computer understand that yep, that's a crash, the response time is what makes it impressive.

I still see a crash happening. How come Tesla didnt prevent the other cars from crashing? Checkmate elon

>December 28, 2016
>362d

It uses radars in the front, it can tell two cars ahead by bouncing the radar under the car in front of it to hit the car in front of that car.

Now someone post the video of the Tesla car that crashes like 5 times and hits like two pedestrians.

Tesla and Google does a ton of lobbying in Denmark. They pay politicians to attend shady events where they basically ask for gimmidats to fund their new inventions.

Elon Musk is not a genius only wants gibs from the government

>That tiny eurocuck car causing an SUV to flip and roll like that from a rear impact
The fuck do you retards do to your SUVs? Just make them big and top heavy without paying attention to roll suspension?

this dude would have ended the fucking game
comma.ai/ but the dmv said no way

Was the car monitoring the two other cars and their positions/velocities or is it just tracking the distance of potential obstacles

wow it's nothing

Yea, its really impressive for a computer to be able to calculate the acceleration and distance of two objects.

Elon Musk has had just about nothing to do with the actual Tesla design and mostly just provided a ton of money.

sensors

both

>elon thought he was the hero of Sup Forums
that institutionalized fuck

ur a nigger faggot un digit getting cuck faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

neat, that's what it seemed like if the beeping in the video was the alarm

Looks like it saw the car in front accelerating too quickly relative to other cars ( or speed limit ) and flashed warning signals.

It immediately noticed the car in front stopping short, alerted the driver and tapped the brakes to give the driver a proper reaction time. It actually is pretty awesome wish I was a rich fag

>Until he stops leeching from it for whatever reason I wont be able to fully attribute anything his companies produce to hm.

Tesla paid off their ATVM loan with interest, ahead of schedule while big companies like GM were getting bailed out.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

BROTHER

Until I can get baked as hell and tell my car to drive me around scenic areas I will not be impressed

yea, if you want to get an idea of how this shit works I invite you to check out how this dude did it comma.ai/

You are now shitposting.

That's the last thing the whole process does, and it's the easiest part, the math has been there for centuries, the rest is what is hard and has been researched for decades. First it needs to identify these objects, then see if they are indeed cars, it also has to understand the shape and extent of the road, extract the relevant parameters for all front back and rear objects and then it finally calculates their trajectory and with probabilistics (the former process isn't 100% accurate) tells the car about a possible crash. I don't know exactly what kind of actions the car take but in this case it just decelerates, there are probably more complex cases.

>AI research precipitated basic mathematics
Stop pretending you have even the most rudimentary understanding of Artificial Intelligence, programming, or even what a computer is for that matter.

Tesla's 'autopilot' is nothing special, it's no more than a culmination of regular driving aids (Lane assist, Park assist, etc.) packaged as 'self driving'. Tesla, or any other company for that matter, is at least 7 years away from building a proper, fleshed out, fully functional autopilot.

t. Computer Scientist

yeah that one in particular is pretty amazing if you think about it....there's no way the average human would have been able to pull that off.

if nothing else, tesla intends to make cars for humans to buy.

Ford / Uber want self driving cars that YOU CANT OWN. They will make these cars and sell a subscription. If for no other reason, this is an important reason to root for tesla.

>important reason to root for tesla.

And Lucid!

keep smoking the herbal jew, eventually we'll bake you for good

Thank you, Tesla needs to change their 'autopilot' branding to 'driver assist', it's far too misleading for the average consumer. It's not self driving, not even close.

it's not cool though. i don't look forward to having a robot drive me around. the routes won't be my routes. i'll be stripped of my freedom! what if i have diarrhea and need to speed home or don't want to run over a cat? or when "my" car swirves to avoid hitting a drunk bum in the road and smashes me into a tree? i don't want that. all the jews will have my locations and dates and times of all my comings and goings. i'll have even less privacy than i do now. robots are the devil.

>nuclear boob
You know there's two reactors there, right?

It bounces the radar under cars, so it goes under the first car and into the second car to track it

This meme needs to die along with you

>the routes won't be my routes
I'm sure you'd be able to program your own routes at some point.

>or when "my" car swirves to avoid hitting a drunk bum in the road and smashes me into a tree?
It would probably see the tree and avoid it too.

I'm not advocating for self driving cars, I'm just interested in how well we've gotten computers to "think" so far.

"S" key is sticky. Sorry, brometheus.

Is the person in the car the flipped okay? I would be scared if my car flipped like that.

First you start your comment being rude and suggesting I'm ignorant so I will just ignore that part, no real argument there.

Never claimed Tesla implements all the shitload of research you would find out there, but most of the technology has basis on that research field (duh like anything other piece of tech). I think recently NVIDIA did some stuff with self driving cars and a fully trained neural network by humans, fully self driving cars still on purely academic level at the moment not something you see on the streets.

Kill yourself

You're a stupid fucking retarded dumbass idiot moron