What is the fucking point?

What is the fucking point?

Statistically speaking we don't even fucking exist.

What, 100 years you may live if you're lucky?

Hell, let's be generous as fuck and say humanity as we know it exists a billion years.What is that on the scale of trillions of years?

How long until the head death of the universe? A trillion, several tens of trillions of years? We don't exist, we never existed and we never will exist.

So what's the fucking point? How fucking senseless

Inb4 babies first existential crisis/nihilism seriously though, why not just swallow a fucking bullet?

Ultimately it makes difference.

What a fucking curse to conceive of our own nonexistence.

Other urls found in this thread:

htwins.net/scale2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe#Controversies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> head death of the universe

>What is the fucking point?
Whatever you want it to be. Usually what will make you happy and is sustainable.

>Statistically speaking we don't even fucking exist.
So?

>What, 100 years you may live if you're lucky?
Yeah. Better make sure your time here is as happy as possible. You've only got one shot, after all, and each year seems to pass faster than the last.

>Hell, let's be generous as fuck and say humanity as we know it exists a billion years.What is that on the scale of trillions of years?
Less than a percent, but in the scale of human life, that is, what, a literal ten thousand lifetimes, which isn't nothing.

>How long until the head death of the universe? A trillion, several tens of trillions of years? We don't exist, we never existed and we never will exist.
Pretty sure we exist. That's how we are doing what we do. Your relativism thus far does not refute anyone's existence.

>So what's the fucking point?
Already answered.

>How fucking senseless
Ok, to you. I don't get caught up on the stuff I can't control. Seems even more senseless.

>Inb4 babies first existential crisis/nihilism seriously though, why not just swallow a fucking bullet?
Well, it DOES sound like you've hit your first existential crisis, because this post sounds borderline panicked.

>Ultimately it makes difference.
Everything you've typed up to this point contradicts this sentence here.

>What a fucking curse to conceive of our own nonexistence.
You aren't the first one to conceive of it. You just haven't moved on to realizing that your conception of it makes literally no difference, and actions based on that realization will not make anything better, and will likely leave you in depression. In a life as short as yours, you don't have the luxury of time, so don't waste it depressed.

>Ultimately it makes difference.

Then why swallow a bullet?

There is no point. Upon realizing this you are now liberated to live your life according to standards which you set for yourself. You may choose to be happy or unhappy. I humbly request you stop bothering others with your hackneyed, half-baked nihilism :^)

You exist.

Isnt that a pretty awesome reason to live?

You seem depressed.

I think the human experience is a blessing.
Make what you can out of it and try not to shit on those behind you.

Is this /r9k/?

came to post this.

>I think the human experience is a blessing*****

*only if born in certain parts of the world
*and certain time periods
*and without diseases

don't fall for every stupid science thing you here.

>What is the fucking point?
To produce offspring

bump

ugly person detected

If you don't like it, kill yourself, not being edgy. Actually kill yourself.

Or, quit whining, find something that makes it worth it

Superman isn't a millionaire, he's a mediocre reporter.

Winston Churchill
Adolf Hitler
Donald Trump
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Bob Marley
Richard Spencer

and on and on and on. Just cause you're one person with a finite lifespan doesn't mean you can't change history or make your mark upon it.

Man up, cuck

>To produce offspring
More like the next generation of slave labor for the kikes to use.

666?
dont believe what this guy said

Typo obvious I'm drunk
blah blah typos and faggotry. I only have one shot that does't exist.

Harry my first experience I'm a n oldfag I'm just getting more and more sick of this bullshti as the years fly by faster than ever
Sometimes I imagine myself as a old fag (or even older graybeard and shit) and that I'm looking back as at a remembrance of pat time s and its fuckign scary cause he simultaneity and I almost feel like I really am that old fuck and my life now is just a memory. This has happened tons of times since I was a little kid and I really think time has no meaning I am born I am I exist and I am dead and its all the same thing time means nothing I m now as I was then and all of it is nothingness.

Ian happy so far as I conceive of the concept but nonetheless for what purpose? if I were dead I would be as happy as I am alive.

yah probably noose looks nice but it'd be bother for my landlord to dispose of my shit

I think so too regardless how shit my life is its an experience and that is something exept ultimately it isn't.

ur mom is r9k and i fucc her wt mah giant cock its fat and harry last night m8

nah m8 it all is cause y not its something better than nothing even if it is nothing

I'm very attractive I've been told far too many times to doubt And I've never put forthany effort towards dating a girl oe getting laid yet do nonetheless buy magic I guess if I'm ugly but they say I am irresistibly tempting and whatnot but they all have fiancees the whores they just want the dik fucc women.

maybe i will fuck it but then my landlord would havre to deal with my shit and that would be inconsiderate of me you know

yeh but girls still whore regardless

Willa ynoneknow who those fucks ar in a t thousand years/?

this nigger gets it fuck being slave were a bunch of fucking peasants off with their head gas likes race war now better free an dead than a comfy slave to kike faggots.

ah yes page 1032. The ole. Were never gonna score.

underage

>Typos and faggotry.
>Harry
>bullshti
>no period after "faster than ever"
>"pat time s"
>"fuckign"

Yeah, you're one to talk. Anyways, if you want to live a hollow life and meaningless existence, refusing to even try and justify your short time on this earth, then rent a gun and buy a bullet. Seriously. All you can do is infect other people who would otherwise live a happy life.

Your mentality is a cancer, much like Communism. If you aren't going to fight, but let it fester, then kill yourself.

underage like gen x muffugga u faggot old as fuck lmfao u even born yet? millennial sin fck u fag leftist vote clinton like bitch wtf y u not go

This is the inevitable, irrefutable conclusion of philosophical naturalism.

As an atheist myself it's disgusting to see other atheists say "it has the meaning you give it". Stop being pussies and accept the reality of nihilism, atheists.

Any "objective" meaning is illusory unless some sort of transcendent reality exists, that's for sure.

>what's the point

The Happenings bro, the Happenings.

What kind of a retard posts like this? You really must not have nothing to do. I never waste more than a minute to 3 minutes of my time on 1 post.

u8 didn even rea mt shit fag niggerni said don't want bother my landlord with dead and shit cause then has to dispose of m shit and clean carpets probably

>So?
This is not an answer, people. Stop using word this to dismiss a question.

>noreligion.jpg

I do pray for nuclear war it will be great fun. Why experience peace and stability when one can experience nuclear annihilation and holocaust? If you survive, congratulations you get to be part of the 10% and with such a massive increase in per capita resources life will be great. If you die, then who the fuckl cares? Not you;, you're dead.

why do you talk like a retarded hood nigger

We ultimately don't exist under naturalism because the self is necessarily an illusion.

Because I am a fair bit intoxicated having smoked the pot drugs besides the two bottles of wine I have drunk in the past little while.

Typing in such a state can be a light bit of a cunt if you catch my drift mate.

Statistically speaking has nothing to do with anything that happens in your life? Statistics are good when looking at the macro, but borderline useless when examining the micro.

Therefore, "So?" Yes. I dismiss the point, because it is absolutely irrelevant when examining an individual life, which is what he is discussing.

There is no point. No matter how much you accomplish, how much you change the world or how much you enjoy your life in the end it doesn't mean a single fucking thing. When you're gone you're gone, you won't be sitting on some fucking cloud watching the world and you won't be looking at an eternity of nothingness, you will simply cease to exist and you won't even know it. There's really no reason to give a shit about anything

Butthurt nihilism isn't the final red pill; Christianity is. Or you can stay butthurt and sad in your mind that doesn't exist, grow a narly mustache, seclude yourself from the world, and die of siphilus, a lonely, pathetic man.

Exactly dibs speak truth. When you're dead u don't exist, ehrn u font' exist never existed so being that u do exist this is but an ephemeral state so really it's not real cause eu don't exist so who the fuc, cases?

>Statistically speaking we don't even fucking exist.

Spoken like someone who never passed stats.

sage

>Being this weak to suffer in the face of nihilism
Try actually reading nietzche, you fucking worm.
Take control of your life and make it better than anything anybody has ever conceived of.
If you don't like that idea, shoot yourself and make room.

D-DELET THIS!!!!!!11

> Baby's first nihilism post
As the great Warrior poet Beta Ray Bill once said, "if there is nothing in life but what we make of it, then let us make good"

Imagine being aware of the totality of existence from the beginning of time. All of it.

Nigger I have a master of science of computational geophysics modelling that shit is all bout stats ut fuckign nigger say that to my face u retareded ungraduated undergrad faggit

>being sad or disturbed that nihilism is true is being weak
Yeah no

I have been used to b big into esotericism and experienced godhood/oneness but it did nothing4 the nihilism,

It is.
Either shape up and make the best of what you have, and then make it even better
Or fucking kill yourself since it clearly doesn't matter

Anything in between is pure weakness.

4 wt purpose u fagit
purposelessness is greatest cancer u dumb nigger
y do anything when there is no point?

O could in lottery for billion of dollars and that ould b deferent my life? not a god damn thing

if nothing matters why would i kill myself self? To ya I should acknowledges purpose in existence and thus contradicts whole purpose of killing oneself but the way cause u say whole purpose is to die but 2 dies contradict purpose of no purpose u fuck

Your point is that we don't exist because of the tiny time we're actually alive? Well, I think like this, if you're gonna live for a moment that's so brief according to your logic, why wouldn't you enjoy it as much as you can? Why thrown that little span of your existence away? Hm.

Because I'm imagining I'm old and die and then I am and leap forward those years. I remember those intervening but are they even real when I was just a h ild then I'm old and kill?

And what is life? Slave away as stupid peasant for some lord? Spend time slaving queasy, and 4 what purpose?

It's all so meaningless.

We can produce an offspring that could produce an offspring that could produce an offspring (etc. a million times over) that would be in relation to us what we are in relation to our bacteria foreforefathers. I.e., participate in creation of cosmic beings that will roam the Multiverse.

That's basically the only significant shit we can possibly achieve. Though the chances of that are miniscule: most of us will only produce more hairless monkeys who'll eventually die off in an asteroid clash or a self-induced calamity.

Other than that, yeah, everything is pointless. Money, "power", fame, inventions - these are nothing.

Join us Op and start your training. You will turn into an apathetic nihilist turbo robot who is not swindled by pussy. Woman, friends, family, hobbies, religous beliefs, will to live and kill yourself , idols and people you looked up to will all be removed from your life. Its a harsh path to follow but has become salvation to others.

How do you even have the will to live?

That's because you're living unnatural life, a life that is defined by your capacity to acquire commodities.

Go innawoods. Seriously. Find a nice place to hike and camp- it doesn't take money if you're clever. Throw away your consumerism and go nuts. You may die, sure, but what's the difference?

There is no point

htwins.net/scale2/

OK u all miss the point.

Say ye, oh so wise as ye are, what then is point? If we live not 4 long inconsequential Y not 2 live as U please and have good?

But considering the vast inconsequentiality then what point can having a good life have? In such a schema the very concept is ridiculous and has no meaning.

Things ar pointless so live well? What is the purpose of living well given that all means nothing? What is well? What is language itself given that language does not exist?

Its not the struggle of what to do or insecurity because of what one perceives as the point born lack thereof but being that there is none then how can meaning be derived at all? What is life, what is good, whtat is is, and what s it to be and 2 conceive of such concepts?v

If life is meaningless one cannot assign arbitrary meaning for there is no meaning even abitrary means naught nor does any meaning assigned push further for how can one assign what does not exist?

>How long until the head death of the universe?

isn't real

fundamental particles are immortal

Look up "sunyata"

2nd law

I know this civilization was a mistake i want 2 into the old but need money and fascist government demands my profitability despite my own wishes and thuds as are we all I am but a slave a fuckig worthless peasant property of the state.

>htwins.net/scale2/
>imblying I have flash installed

Yeah, guess you're right OP. Guess there really isn't a point. Hmm, really makes me think. You should dwell on this a bit longer :^)

>2016
>not using the Adobe Jew

The only thing that is immortal is my dick stuck in your mouth for eternity. Try philosophical your bitch mouth out of that.

>fascist government demands my profitability

m8 they literally give free shit to people who are absolutely worthless. Seriously, just go for it.

>kill urself

it would B hassle 4 those around do't want B inconvenience cause would that not legitimize existence 2 bopper opted nu such?

>I'm so enlightened because my 80IQ brain managed to process that there are a lot of humans on earth and there has been a lot of them that died in history

congratulations timmy

It's weird when people have an existential crisis and instead of descending into cool and good hedonism they become nihilists instead.

Happenings are fun.

Things that don't exist still effect reality.

Today, all day, you should keep that in the back of your mind to see what I mean.

whew lad

"Max Planck wrote that the phrase 'entropy of the universe' has no meaning because it admits of no accurate definition.[18][19] More recently, Grandy writes: "It is rather presumptuous to speak of the entropy of a universe about which we still understand so little, and we wonder how one might define thermodynamic entropy for a universe and its major constituents that have never been in equilibrium in their entire existence."[20] According to Tisza: "If an isolated system is not in equilibrium, we cannot associate an entropy with it."[21] Buchdahl writes of "the entirely unjustifiable assumption that the universe can be treated as a closed thermodynamic system".[22] According to Gallavotti: "... there is no universally accepted notion of entropy for systems out of equilibrium, even when in a stationary state.""

chairty is beneath me m8 i live or die by my own hand

I want nothing but 2 b not interfered with

superman is a millionaire? isnt he like a reporter? batman is the millionaire

> muh black pill pessimism

If you want to read some good shit on all that check out conspiracy against the human race by Thomas Ligotti. Also read quotes from Emil Cioran and Peter Zapffe.

But really, no one likes a sulky, woe-is-me in muh self-loathing bitch. It's fun to read about, see it in shows (like Rust Cole in True Detective s1). If you choose to live like that though, it will be an indisputable regret and shame you will experience in the final years of your life.

Actually, a life without any semblance of dignity is basically what you get down that road. I won't suggest you commit suicide because my little brother recently did and 8 years ago my best friend did. It sucks for the survivors.

heat death consolidation until big bang what is different? either way we r gone and not existent.

Does it? what is it like? The only thing I enjoy is my own imaginings. What if I did? Hoe would people respond? What would they think or feel? would such feelings be intense? Would they hate me or be sad and love me? My own mind is more real =than what is real.\
\\\

apathy is a hell of ad rug

Life itself is a mystery. The world and the universe around us is compelling and interesting. Our consciousness with all its levels, is mysterious. All we know is "We don't know", and that is both beautiful and terrible.

Open your mind to the possibilities. Listen. Communicate. At your worst, learn to calm yourself. At your best, try to ease the suffering of others, so that they too can listen. Live a life that is a testimony to whatever higher power may be behind this grand scheme. Be noble. Choose the more difficult path. Keep your chin up. Breathe and listen. Do good.

If there is a big bang cycle, it's just another crazy episode on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.

So just because our collective existence will not change the fabric of the universe we are supposed to die without trying to make this life one worth living, be it for ourselves, our loved ones, or our fellow men?

Perhaps you should swallow a fucking bullet you cuck

That we don;t know is itself a beauty, one ruined by knowing. But to not know is horror and death and we will strive endlessly until we do thus ruining it all 4 everyone 4 ever.

>i live or die by my own hand

>fascist government demands my profitability

lol, no you don't. That's the entire point of the thread. You're too chickenshit to do anything different than live the wage slave life.

What kind of a retard posts like this? I never waste more than a second to 3 seconds of my time on

So you do make a difference... To what purpose? You will be dead and forgotten long before, and thus did you even make a difference? You cannot be sure being that you will be dead.And assuming you did, before long, what a century at best, all that may have been effected by your difference also will be dead.Everyone you ever knew or whoever so much as heard your name will be dead; the second death. There is no point to any of it .Even good or bad have no purpose to the point they are meaningless, is bad not good?Say your whole life is horrific suffering, is that not good in that you exist to experience it? Notice the past tense, as that is key. You existed, I existed; existence existed, but all is gone even now and nothing is, or rather is not, because what meaning to is or is not at this point?

We are already dead and furthermore were never born.

The metric expansion of space is probably bullshit, so don't expect a big crunch.

The future universe may be dark and many atoms will be heavy due to star life cycles. However, perhaps we will find a way to manufacture lighter atoms (hydrogen) using fundamental particles, then build stars out of the hydrogen.

You're right (partially). We do actually exist. We are totally insignificant in the grand scheme of the universe or even our galaxy or local star cluster. Nothing any human has done or will do will matter. However, the same can be said for a star going supernova. Obviously it's significantly larger than all of humanity, but it still doesn't really matter. There's also the fact that something mattering is purely opinion based. Nothing objectively matters. It's up there with morality as something with no objective basis.

> why not just swallow a fucking bullet?

I may not matter or have a significant influence on my planet let alone the universe, but I still want to live. I want to do fun things and continue to be healthy/alive, therefore I make choices in service to those ends. That's why I don't kill myself. Same reason why I don't rape and murder people (ignoring the legal ramifications). I see it as morally wrong (even though there is no objective basis for this), so I don't do it and would fight someone who does.

>lol, no you don't. That's the entire point of the thread. You're too chickenshit to do anything different than live the wage slave life.
>implying I am employed

Jokes on you faggot, I have an MS and am currently doing a PhD. Jobs are for suckers.

Where will you find such lighter particles when gravity is but a tenuous imagining?

E=mc^2. There will be plenty of dark mass.

Once we have energy in some form, we can manufacture the quarks. For example, you could get quarks from the heavy atoms. The total amount of energy in the universe is constant. I don't see how we could use it all.

It's not really a matter of using but rather collecting it. At some the matter is so disperse that said collection of energy will require more energy than is extant.
Besides the whole entirely more meta argument everyone seems to be missing in the first place.

you are a boy taking one of the hundred steps between adulthood and being a man.

>it gets so much worse than not being special.
>this is Sup Forums and you should be whining on your facebook for attention instead of Sup Forums's gutter.

Please go be a little faggot somewhere else.

>Statistically

Shut up that is not what that word means you fucking faggot.

>boohoo life is short

Exactly what makes it important. You ever think that maybe shit would get fucking boring after a few hundred cycles of repeated history? Living forever would be shit and torture.

>why don't i just kill myself

Just do it. I've wanted to. We all have. But we push on because we are not finished here yet. Maybe you are. Maybe you have nothing to contribute so fucking off yourself pussy.

>omg the universe will end

Everything dies. It would be cruel if it didn't. And what makes you think the universe ending is even specail? Who even says it hasn't died infinitly before and will do so infinitly again.

It is a sand box game dude. Like minecraft. Go fucking build a castle and stop being a little bitch. Maybe you are just an empty person and your reality is a reflection of who you are?

I'm not some attention-starved whore who absolutely needs to be at the center of all attention at all times. I'm perfectly fine with "not mattering".

That gun's perspective is all kinds of fucked up

>At some the matter is so disperse that said collection of energy will require more energy than is extant.

Gravity pulls it together for us.

"Gravitationally bound systems have negative specific heat—that is, the velocities of their components increase when energy is removed. ... Such a system does not evolve toward a homogeneous equilibrium state. Instead it becomes increasingly structured and heterogeneous as it fragments into subsystems."

If yo think it is a matter of not being special then you, boy, have missed the point entirely.

On sa different but related matter, is mediocrity not a particular effective evolutionary strategy? Those who rise to far are bound to be taken down, executed along with their lineage most like, but your run of the mill bumblefuck? Do they not reproduce prolifically?

it's called eternal return OP

there odds of this universe are obviously > 1 so over an infinity amount of time this universe is going to come into existence infinite times

You are going to live the exact same life for eternity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return