Remember the Echo?

Remember how some people on Sup Forums said that the echo was a privacy nightmare waiting to happen? Well, now it has happened.

>Warrant granted for Amazon Echo recordings

>A murder in Arkansas may change the way people behave around smart devices. A warrant has been issued for an Amazon Echo, revealing that Amazon may retain recordings on a server for law enforcement investigations.
>An Amazon Echo was cited in a warrant related to a November murder in Bentonville, Arkansas. While other smart devices were identified, police have pinned some specific hopes on the Echo for a simple reason: it never stops listening.

>However, it provided investigators with Bates’ account details, including purchases. In addition, investigators were allegedly able to recover information from the speakers but did not specify what type.

rt.com/usa/371984-amazon-echo-warrant-recordings/

It's annoying, it seems like such useful tech but it needs to come from a company with a good privacy policy. However even then it's likely the government would just disregard that, especially here.

wtf i hate technology now

coulda saw that one coming
>bates
oh no..............

Amazon records literally everything and stores it permanently but they will never release full records, even for a police investigation. (((Bezos))) is a master con man and would never jeopardize the growth of his world destroying behemoth by following the law.

Most smart tvs also record every single word you say. If you have Kikebook installed on your phone you consented for them to permanently store on their servers every word your phone's microphone can pick up as well as the contents of every text message and photo you've ever sent (whether you did it with Kikebook apps or not.)

Most people in America would be in prison according to the law given what information the government has access to. In reality no one cares what you do as long as you don't cross (((them))).

link extremely related

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/38322163/

No echo, no smart TV (use a roku), and no facebook app on my phone. I always read the entire privacy policy of every single app I download.

Too many people completely disregard their privacy for absolutely no real reason other than a fad.

>I always read the entire privacy policy of every single app I download.

Autism. Why not just assume you will be screwed over no matter what you download, becuase that's pretty close to reality?

Lol ppl actually buy these.

>A murder in Arkansas may change the way people behave around smart devices.
Lol ppl actually murder.

I do that, as well. As such, I have only downloaded a couple of apps on my smartphone (which I just got my first one in September).

I've downloaded 1Blocker, Carrot Weather, Yummly, nook, my bank's app, and plague inc.

Numpu

>it needs to come from a company with a good privacy policy
>privacy policy
So you do not mind being slave as long as master promises to not beat you?

Only way such technology can be used is when data either NEVER leaves your administrative domain, or leaves in encrypted form. No 'good privacy company', no 'cloud', no 'we are totally ethical :^)'. Only server in your basement.

What if Amazon and Facebook are government fronts? Having devices that can eavesdrop is no accident.

Autism. By that measure you might as well never touch an electronic device, governments can bust open encrypted messages and they even have vans which can decipher speech inside a building and keystrokes.

Good, privacy is degenerate.

Facebook
Siri on Apple
Cortana on win10 (and everything you type)
Google
They are collecting everything.

It's no surprise that these owners have relationships with CIA and NSA etc. We have to assume all these "private" companies are all just outlets for govt spying.

>helping solve a murder case is a bad thing

The mental gymnastics lolbertarians will do to justify their paranoia...

... says the bong who relinquished all hope and expectations of privacy years ago lel

>must undergo compulsory genital mutilation at birth
>police gaining access to recordings is a step too far

kek
get your priorities straight

Probably deserved it. Most murder vics do.

FYI: The US gov can watch your screen on win10 anytime they please.

Fan fact: 4th amendment was inspired by need of protection from British blanket unwarranted search and seizures. Eternal anglo can't stop themselves from peeking into other people houses 200 years ago and now.

That is why I only trust the Japanese.

They just want to make waifus, not spy on you.

He has a point here burger boy, not like you can say anything.

>japs
>not a US puppet state