The Drug War - will it ever end?

Newfag (and possibly cancer) from Sup Forums, here. I just finished watching this film for the first time, and it's left me stunned and in need of a cold shower. I'm not sure how much of it is true and how much "Hollywood power-fantasy", but the magnificence of it has left me extremely shaken as well.

Since I don't trust the opinions of those meme-spouting morons at Sup Forums, and I fucking hate Reddit, what's your opinion of the drug war that's been going on in your country for decades, now? Did it really start all the way back when Nixon reigned? Did U.S. Government agencies really train the Mexican cartels that are seemingly near-impossible to eradicate?

My apologies in advance if I seem like "newfag cancer" here, but let's face it. I probably am.

>tl;dr: Any solution to the "Drug War" in the U.S.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, when all the Carrie Fishers die

That movie is literally comedy gold, everybody in the theater couldn't stop laughing when it became Splinter Cell and many other things from this flick.

PROTIP: Most of the shit in this movie doesn't make any sense and is pretty much retarded.

EXAMPLE:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhHwgDAM8uU

>implying US forces are allowed to shoot in a foreign country with thousands of witnesses.

You're just an easily impressed retard, many other things are pretty much retarded and it's obvious that Villeneuve didn't investigate before making this movie.

>how much of it is true and how much "Hollywood power-fantasy"
It is a Hollywood power fantasy, if you believe that this movie represents anything remotely close to the truth then you are newfag cancer, m8.

>tl;dr: Any solution to the "Drug War" in the U.S.?
Stop buying drugs.

Which would, of course, explain all those awesome Liveleak videos of cartel members doing ghastly things to people.

>Muh-Mexico is okay! [trumpet playing intensifies] Everything is alright! [tortilla chewing] There are no drugs coming over from us, we swear!

its not supposed to be a documentary but a entertaining hollywood movie at the expense of dead mehikons, while eating popcorn.

>stop fucking buying drugs
so much this

>meanwhile you actually believe this flick is a serious representation of Mexico

I bet you also think that all cops in the US are a threat to every single American and everybody shoots each other every single day, after all, you saw it on Liveleak too.

You're dumb as fuck but then again you're a retarded Australian so you're most likely shitposting.

>Any solution to the "Drug War" in the U.S.?
Bomb them to Oblivion

i dont think it will end.
there are so many VIPs involved in the drug trade that it wont die.

fuck off. i love splinter cell
>tfw ooh it's dark, I bet i can hide here and kill this nigga and he wont notice me.

Alejandro/Medellin is a graduate of the "School of the Americas."

This is the only thing that explains his skills. He went to the USA's Latino Assassin School.

- Colombian
- Probably got some scholarship to the US
- ended up recruited by the CIA
- got trained to be a deep cover CIA spy and assassin
- ended up burned or disavowed
- became a cartel hitman
- got family killed
- went back to CIA to kill narcos

We should simply make all drugs legal.
Drug war is now gone.
The side benefits being massive numbers of degenerates and niggers kill themselves with heroine.

>imblyign Zetas don't regularly off people dressed like operators in the middle of the street
>imblyign CIA SAD has to play by ANYONE'S rules
These are the same motherfuckers who currently control the opiate trade in Afghanistan and ran all the drugs in and out of Columbia to suppress the communist revolutionaries in Central and South America in the 80s under the DEAs noses.

Nice fantasy, brah.

You should totally write a book about it.

Everybody still remembers the last time the CIA pulled something like that in broad daylight with thousand of witnesses without creating an international conflict.

This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die.

The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.

I thought he was a former prosecutor?
What evidence is there that he worked for cartels before the CIA operation?

Trump is a real-state man, ¿how do they operate?, they have a house they want to sell, let say it is worth 1mil by itself. The real-state man will say to the buyer, "it goes for 4mil" knowing that he won't get that much, that he is exaggerating, but also that the buyer will negotiate. the buyer will say "I will give you 500k" knowing the house is worth more.

The real-state man won't get 4mil, the buyer won't pay 500k, but if the real-state man is the better negotiator he will get 2mil, if the buyer is the better negotiator he will pay 1.2mil.

¿See where i'm going?

Trump does not expect us to o pay for a yuge wall with machine guns and detectors; He want's our government to negotiate with him for solution to the border problems.

Plural, problems. You know the problems you have in the US I will not mention those, but I agree that they exist and should be solved.

Our border problems are derived from the entrance of enormous amounts of money and weapons that end up in the hand of the Cartels. The Cartels are the biggest treat to Mexico right now, making the border impossible to penetrate without supervision would make it impossible for the Cartels to get their profits and weapons, thus weakening them substantially.

We should cooperate with Trump's plan of making the border impregnable.

Making the border impregnable would solve most border problems for both countries, it just has to be done in a more cost effective way than to build a 30 meters wall with high tech detectors and machine gun emplacements all along the borderline.

I would keep the high tech detectors however, the cartels often dig tunnels