How do Atheists explain this?

How do Atheists explain this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNDGgL73ihY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there was something that contained everything

it might not have been the only something and may have exploded before but to us it is effectively everything

But how could there have been something if there was nothing?

>Give us one free miracle and we'll explain the rest.

This. Where did the "Something that contained everything" come from?

WTF I love Jesus now

>in the beginning there was god
>where did he come from?
>HE JUST ALWAYS WAS, OKAY??

He wouldn't be God if it were otherwise.

There was only "the word."

youtube.com/watch?v=wNDGgL73ihY

Here, maybe you'll learn something.

the big bang is god creating the universe in a way
it says God made the earth in 6 days and 1 rest day (Sunday), but what is a day to a god who is and will always will be

A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars

All you're doing is adding a magic man to the equation to make it valid

It's the only thing that validates it

>atheist
Ask a cosmologist you retard. The big bang didn't come from nothing, or rather the matter, that has always existed, as matter cannot be created. It did not explode, it expanded in every direction. Of course if there were a point in time that the universe were condensed, we would find background microwave radiation of this, and we have. We have also found where the universe expanded from. The name Big Bang is misleading, as it wasn't big, it started from a singularity, and there was no "bang."

There's a thing of belief - just like the belief in Kek, it's just something nice to rely on.

But to believe events of the Bible actually, literally happened the way they're described... On a basis of nothing but a bunch of church officials declaring so after polishing up one official version of the "Word of God" after the other, selectively picking up the nice parts, throwing it up in the air and seeing what sticks...

It stinks of delusion, pretty much. I respect basic faith, but anyone arguing against actual research with fanfiction written out by meme magicians from centuries ago... it's pretty much going full retard.

Who said there was nothing? If matter cannot be created or destroyed, and matter exists, it must always have existed.

>it must always have existed

Ok, then how?
The burden of proof, falls on the atheists here

>nothing
>out of the blue KABOOM

wtf made it explode?
and why is it 7.5 bil years ago and not 7.6 bil? athiests need to stop pulling numbers and assumptions out of thin air

I don't. I'm not a scientist so I'm not equipped to know what's going on at the beginning of time and I'm quite positive they don't know either. I'm content to accept that I have limited knowledge available on this specific topic so don't feel compelled to make up an answer out of thin air.

But the magic man doesn't exist, as he would have revealed himself by now.

It doesn't validate anything at all, and you're just trying to delude yourself that it does while dismissing every single contraction as "j-just symbolic, g-g-guys!"

Truth is, we do not know what happened before the Big Bang. Still, that does not suddenly substitute proof for a magic sky man.

God operates on a completely different level than us mere mortals, therefore asking "what was before God" is absolutely irrelevant.
We subjected to the laws of physics and die after 80 years, who are we to question the origin of our powerful creator? We wouldn't even understand anyway, as our brains don't operate on a divine level

>magic sky man

You're trying to anthropomorphize God.
Why do all atheists do this? So retarded.

The Principle of Matter Conservation

Throughout history, religion was typically used to explain things that there was no scientific explanation for at the time.

Obviously at this point we have no definitive proof as to how the universe started, and that is the only reason why so many people attribute it to god.

Wtf do you mean "how"? I don't know exactly "how" it existed, I wasn't there. I'm just telling you that "there was nothing" is a false statement because of conservation of mass.

God is an inherently anthropocentric concept.

>Atheists are somehow responsible for this

Computer simulation.

Where did the creator of time it self come from ?something from beyond time?.... humz

>man made god in his image
I wonder why anyone would jump to that irrational conclusion?

so in the beginning there was nothing... and then boom an omnipotent being appeared. and that omnipotent being had nothing better to do than to create retards, after his own image, because clearly god is a fucking retard if he exists and is anything like religious idiots believe he is

God made man*

it can be created or destroyed, einstein debunked this with "e=mc2" and his point was proven by the atomic bomb. what you must mean is "energy".

Why's that?

We're in an infinite loop.

If the universe could come from nothing, then why can't an omnipotent being?

Nobody ever talks about what if a god was in between "nothingness" and the current universe.

It's all hypothetical. Our reality is a series of possibilities, all of which happened at the instant of the big bang.
>What if there was something?
>What if there were two things?
>What if the two things were a slightly different distance apart?
>etc.
The vagaries of dimensional physics allow a series of events to occur across different quantum frames such that we are able to perceive our existence, at least in our particular time path.

So basically there can be a god or not, it doesn't matter since this isn't real. None of this is real.

All atheists start out as nothing and then get bloated, so it makes sense in their tiny worldview.

His answer will be something along the lines of "It's just symbolic, duuude, it's too complex and surreal for you to understaaand".

That just makes you against the Christian/Semitic interpretation of god.

Atheism is against any and all possible god-like entities.

Faggot internet goy sed its irrational! Must be true!

The only way for the big bang to make sense to me is that time is infinite but cyclical. So the big bang the begins time is the same thing that ends time.

As far as my understanding goes, different fields exist which we either cannot comprehend or measure, since our senses are not able to detect them directly, such as the higgs field. It is from one of these fields that the universe was spawned, therefore to us seeming like it spontaneously started. It is true though, that it's literally impossible to measure the conditions before and even one Planck moment after the big bang.

Ok even if you disregard the THEORY id like an explanation for (assuming youre some form of christfag) why the random answers to life offerd by a wandering desert tribe that never cane even remotley close to the success of the other peoples of the day is more believable than the answers offered by the sumerians, ancient hindus, ancient south american empires, answers that are not yet discovered/revealed, or answers lost to time?

Is Stephen Wolfram the biggest autist alive? I think so.

Excuse me, how does the atomic bomb disprove matter conservation? And no, I don't mean energy. Both energy AND mass are conserved in an isolated system.

How to trigger an atheist:
1) Get him to admit that the Big Bang was probably caused by something like an extradimensional being.
2) Get him to admit that such a being would be far above our own understanding or ability.
3) Call that being God

Never fails to trigger them.

Life only comes from pre-existing life.

Now atheists start denying science when it doesn't suit their worldview.

Stating either as objective fact would be intellectually dishonest

Can't wait for more Higgs-Boson discoveries

Untrue. Life is just a chemical reaction. If you have the appropriate conditions, life just happens.

An omnipotent intelligent being isn't out of the realm of possibility.

An omnipotent intelligent being revealing itself as a sky daddy and telling people to do things, forming ideologies for them to follow, along with some paradise gardens, talking snakes, measuring time with Earth's units and all other ludicrous junk? Hardly the same thing.

Which is more likely:
1) A being powerful enough to create a universe when once there was not anything as we know it is beyond our understanding.
2) Reality just happened lol

they can't. Atheism is the most illogical worldview.

>G-god is real!
No he's not
>redefines god
>s-see he's real haha I told you

The Sup Forumsacks are blind burger and you cannot make them see

This guy gets it. A truly intelligent man knows his own limits

refer to

>If you have the appropriate conditions, life just happens.

So the theory goes. We've yet to actually replicate it even to the point that if you left this soup on a lab bench for a billion years you would get life.

>How do Atheists explain this?
how do you explain cumming

>purposely misrepresented view, explained in the dumbest way possible
>logical fallacy in stupid scenario

bazinga?

Good answer.

Why would a magician reveal his secrets when he can keep you in awe forever?

>not knowing what theory means in science
neck yourself, please.

Which is more likely:
1) Such a being revealing itself to any human and handing out some fairy tales in the package
2) Humans making shit up lol

>redefines God
I would say that an omnipotent being which is far beyond our full understanding that created us and everything we know describes God perfectly.

no, they're not in separate isolated systems. the atomic bomb is the result of the nuclear binding energy that binds the atom together, and where did that energy come from? matter, matter was transformed into energy to bind the atom. matter is only a FORM of energy.

Except if you don't get at least a little wise, then it's eternal hellfire.

I find the Big Bang too simplistic to explain why things exist but your Christian interpretation of a god is build on anti scientific nonsense. There must be something before the Big Bang but that doesn't have to be some sentient being that punishes you for bad deeds, it might be some force that hosts the omniverse.

Actually a more accurate way of thinking is to say that in the beginning everything was clumped together into one very dense pro to particle that fell out of stasis and exploded. Stars formed put of the left over gas and debris.

The concept of time is relative to us. Perhaps in reality everything exists as one fixed point; with different points like turning the pages of an infinite book that will forever loop on itself.

Thus there is no beginning or end because time does not exist; only "is" in multiple states all at once and not at all.

The computer system theory is empirically useless but interestingly enough reveals the primary problem with Atheism. Their own rational skepticism is self defeating and they have to abandon it to come to the conclusion that there is no god because empirical evidence is only hypothetically (or locally) true. Once they recommit themselves to actual skepticism they will learn to judge ideologies on their merits. Personally, I see no way for Atheism to produce morality even when viewed from a Darwinian perspective.

you have correctly identified the big bang as creationism in disguise yes.
1 day we shall sahke off the last of that wretched demon, religion.

The theory states that a point of infinite mass and density existed prior to the big bang. The "bang" was less an explosion and more of a rapid expansion of mass from this singularity

I hate atheists too but you are just being willfully retarded, which leads me to think you are an actual atheist pretending to be a religious person in hopes of making your opposition look foolish. Then again we reach the "trolls trolling trolls" conundrum so anything is possible.

>implying God ever revealed himself directly
>implying he isn't a divine truth which we all know, to be found in everything we see, hear and touch
Everything bears the handwork of God, the realization and interpretation of it is all that is necessary to spawn religion, no direct intervention is needed.

Go ask a astrophysicist. Atheism is one answer to one question; cosmology is not connected.

>omnipotent
There's your problem. We don't know if this hypothetical extradimensional being is omnipotent. Humans must seem omnipotent to ants. Barring that, yeah, it's conceivable such a being exists. Doesn't mean I'll cut off my son's foreskin or waste my sundays to honor it.

You keep going with this vague "omnipotent being", despite no one denying the potential existence of an omnipotent being. You literally make a non-assertion, because you know that the moment you start arguing in favor of the actual Christian God or any other, specific deity, covered by any kind of religion, you'll sound absolutely retarded.

Omnipotent being might exist. But prove that anything in the Bible wasn't just something written in the same way that Rowling wrote Harry Potter. You can't. All you have is "an omnipotent being might exist" and "there are things we don't understand". But to you that somehow translates into "Christian God is real and the Bible says the truth!!!1!!".

Perhaps. Then again, as far as OUR universe is concerned, time was created at the moment of the Big Bang. Thus, the term "before" is irrelevant and useless. A better term might be "outside" or "beyond", but I don't know.

I absolutely agree that Atheism is a religion but ideology will never be removed from humanity as long as people are born with frontal lobes.

>Atheism is a religion

Just because something is unexplained doesn't mean we can fill in the gaps with an explanation.

One hypothesis
>Not the same as filling in the gaps with God as we are waiting for it to withstand scrutiny over time
Is that net energy of the universe is 0

>what if BSOD
>m-muh kernel

Holy shit could you not nitpick. Conservation of mass is just a rephrasing of conservation of energy. Either way it disproves the notion that at some point there was "nothing".

>We don't know if this hypothetical extradimensional being is omnipotent

A hypothetical 10 dimensional entity would be.

Religion is a spook

And you know this because? Also don't disregard my second point.

This

Relative to us he most certainly is, how many literal breathing universes have you created?
How many has anyone created?
Perhaps one day we might be able to simulate a living reality, perhaps we are the simulation but no matter the case a simulation would simply be an imitation of the reality we live in. The original would still have had to be spawned by something be it sentient being or otherwise. Why not call it God?

>we have no definitive proof as to how the universe started
and we never will because, in the literal sense of the word, it would be physically impossible to be "outside" the universe. you're either in it, or you don't exist.

after a certain point, the answer changes from "We don't know, but we would like to know" towards something that's along the lines of "We don't care because it's not useful or impactful enough for our existence to know"

> you spend billions figuring out how the universe formed
> meanwhile, at the asteroid on a collision course towards earth ...

Care to elaborate ofc low intelligence people will spout these things as undeniable objective fact but thats to be expected of any ideology I can find some equally retarded christ fags doing similar things

Debating from the lowest common denominators standards does not further the discussion

Though I will admit I was a too condescending,but would you care to give your answer to my actual question?

>Not buying into religion means I believe in a religion

Spacetime, yo.

There wasn't anything before the big bang because time didn't exist.

>How do Atheists explain this?
They usually let the guy in the wheelchair with the robot voice say something about being crushed into spaghetti.

The Logos, you mean.

Because of the nature of the 10th dimension. It's the last one - you can't look any further out, but you can see all the preceding ones "below" you, which encompass all possibilities in all possible universes. Just like we can see and interpret the 2 below ours.

i don't mean to nitpick, i'm just a bit assertive to the big picture. anyways, the real question is not if everything came from nothing or not, it's: why the fuck is the everything the way it is? why are atoms like that? why does sulfur act like that? why is heat like that? you see, these principles were made specific to a point to where there had to be an influence from another independent variable, that being the man upstairs.

Omnipotence is not relative, you moron. Something is either omnipotent or it's not.

Either way, call this being God or Bloorp or Goku but give me one good reason to worship it.

Time did not exist before the big bang, space didn't exist either. There was no before the big bang. In a way, it's kinda like the white a grey checkers on photoshop. You can move the image anywhere you want, up or down, but it doesn't change the fact that the image exists and it's always in the centre.

You can create laws/morality by setting a standard such as wealth creation or welfare of the common man but in the end even under christianity might makes right is the law of the universe

Christianity just holds that after our time here is done we are sent to the being that has a total monopoly on power and then are subject to his arbitration