NYPD to allow Sikh officers to wear turbans, keep beards

>To promote religious accommodation, the New York Police Department has decided to allow Sikh officers to wear turbans and maintain beards.

>The decision was taken to encourage inclusiveness and promote the minority community to join the "greatest police department" in the US, a senior official said.

>Notably, there are currently 160 Sikh officers serving in the NYPD, he added.

repository.inshorts.com/articles/en/PTI/127739be-094a-4125-801f-c68d16ff80cd?utm_source=inshorts&utm_medium=inshorts_full_article&utm_campaign=inshorts_full_article

Other urls found in this thread:

indianexpress.com/article/india/air-force-personnel-cant-sport-beard-rules-supreme-court-as-it-junks-muslim-mans-plea-4427848/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

poo in loo

i actually think it's a cool idea that there are special uniforms for cops that tend to a specific community (i'm assuming there's a specific sikh community in NYC that is policed by these guys)

Sikhs are bro tier

a sikh is our defense minister dummy

You mean that pencil pushing faggot that played the race card when told to fight Al-Quaeda and tried bribing them instead?

What a turncoat faggot.

sikhs are cool

Considering the Sikh are REMOVE KEBAB in cultural form, this is fine. I've not once met a Sikh that didn't abide by the laws and social standards of the country they live in.

NYCfag here, ive already seen sikh poo cops in turbans

If it doesn't get in the way of performing their duties effectively, who cares?

Sikhs are based allies.

We have virtually no cultural problems with Sikhs and they absolutely despise muslims.

Sikh's are good guys - who cares.

Sikh are REMOVE KEBAB in cultural form
Where did this meme come from? I'm a Paki Muslim and all my closest friends are Sikhs, they come over and eat alongside us, and I do the same, and we share more similarities than Hindu Indians do with them but collectively we hate the gora more than anything.

So? Sikhs are fucking based and deserve all the respect of this world.
You see, people aren't actually racist. People hate who wants rights without giving anything in return. Incidentally, most of those people are black or muslim.
Sikhs on the other hand are awesome

They are probably second/third generation Indians who were raised in US, Try messing an Indian Sikh after telling him you are a Pookistani.

It's cool idea, I like it.

Don't let the skin color confuse, Sikh's aren't violent muslim animals, can't really see a huge problem with this.

I'm surprised this wasn't the case already.

No fuck all the browns I'm in a town infested with these filthy Indians they are ugly people inside and out

>Pookistan

Kek, agreed Sikhs are based. Although as a Cop, I don't think they should have "special" uniforms. The purpose of a uniform is to look like everybody else. It opens up a can of worms. A NYC Cop can now claim he's a Pastafarian and wear a strainer on his head, a Female Cop in a Burka, et cetera.

That's fine, Sikhs are okay by me. Let them wear their dumb towels.

Do they let them carry the Kirpan too? That'd be kinda cool. Walking around with a scimitar as a cop would be badass.

>le sikhs are based meme
When will these faggots learn that there are no based minorities?

It only seems that way as long as they are few in number and help you fight other, worse, minorities, but as soon as they are comfy and numerous in your society they will start demanding more and more from you until you can't appease them anymore.

There are no exceptions to this rule. It's only a matter of time.

They're better than mudslimes.

All Sikhs I've met have been absolute bro-tier.

We had a similar problem in IAF and this was the response

>Muslims in IAF can’t keep beard on religious grounds: SC
>Emphasising the need to “maintain discipline” in the Indian Air Force (IAF), the Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that Muslim personnel cannot keep beards by citing religious grounds.
>The court was hearing two separate petitions, one of which was filed by Ansari Aaftab Ahmed, an airman who was dismissed from service in October 2008 for growing a beard without his commanding officer’s permission and refusing to shave it off despite being warned of disciplinary proceedings.
>Ahmed had said that keeping a beard was a facet of his fundamental right to freedom of religion, and sought equality with Sikhs.
>The IAF had maintained that “all Muslims do not carry beard. The practice of growing and keeping beard is optional and sporting a beard is not universally recognised in the religion of Islam. Therefore, it cannot be said that Muslim religion prohibits the cutting of hair or shaving of the face of its member.”

indianexpress.com/article/india/air-force-personnel-cant-sport-beard-rules-supreme-court-as-it-junks-muslim-mans-plea-4427848/

Sikhs are good kebab removers. They will be the last to go.

>inb4 (you)'s from butthurt paki's and hindus

So it's an enemy of my enemy thing? What happens when muslims are dealt with? Do you think sikhs will just roll over and peacefully coexist with you?
No, like any other minority they will demand hollywood diversity quotas and other social justice shit from you like any other "oppressed" group. Trust me, they'll find reasons to complain and be a victim.

I've always respected the Indian Army and Air Force. They're a real force to be reckoned with and they protect their smaller neighbours i.e. Bhutan

Sikhs are pretty bro tier honestly. I don't have a problem with them, they hate Mudslimes more than anyone on this board.

This is funny coming from the Brazil of Europe

Russia is the most multicultural country on Europe, without those Siberian divisions in WWII you would be speaking German.

Nope, their dads are first gen cab drivers and we're all chill, I speak Punjabi so that's less barriers too. I don't even know why Pakistani's and Indians hate each other tbqh, stop caring about getting involved in those pissing contests you guys have over there everyday and maybe sonething good will come out of it

Sikh cops are best thing what can happened with NY.

Why is Pakistan so messed up

[citation needed]

Illiteracy, poverty and corruption

Slippery slope though isn't it? How long till female officers in hijabs? It will happen. Once you give one group special privileges then everyone gets them, or some Jew lawyer will be suing the NYPD for discriminating against Islam.

Got literally no problem with Sikhs. One of the better religions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Is this to say that regular NYPD officers AREN'T allowed to have beards?

Either let everyone have something or none, don't make it a special allowance

>they will start demanding more and more from you until you can't appease them anymore.
Sikhs aren't entitled whiners, they will be fine.

Yeah we provide all time security to Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan and partial security to Bangladesh.

>I don't even know why Pakistani's and Indians hate each other tbqh,
We love peace and our army. Your nation attacks them both by sending and funding terrorists on Indian soil, Pookistan invaded us 4 times, this is why we hate them.

Pookistan spreads fake propaganda about how evil India is and how India invaded them 4 times in their schools and are torturing the muslim community living in India, so this is why they hate us.

See here ->

>terrorist have infiltrated NYPD
>let them wear towels to make them easy targets low key.

>Title says:
>NYPD to allow Muslim officers to wear turbans, keep beards

What would have been Sup Forums's reaction?

>This is funny coming from the Brazil of Europe
Did I say that i approve of russian social order? Nice ad flag tho retard

>Sikhs aren't entitled whiners, they will be fine.
You could say the same about asians 20 years ago, now they are a pretty huge portion of SJWs and vote overwhelmingly democrat.
See a pattern here?

negative obviously

just like if it was
>NYPD to allow female officers to wear turbans, keep beards
>>NYPD to allow criminal officers to wear turbans, keep beards

Man, whats the problem?

Sihks are our bhoys. Been fighting the Muslims as long as us.

Got that Ghandi bitch, too.

Fuck me, this is straight Comic book shit.

Well done lands. Captain Nemo is your defense minister.

I also like how you guys would fight China if provoked. China is dumb but they'd probably win in a battle

Bro if we're gonna keep it 100 you can't deny there isn't just as much anti Pakistan propaganda in India too, I've seen it first hand and India isn't all that innocent either when it comes to invading or attacking. I'm not saying Pakistan doesn't do anything, but claiming India hasn't done a single thing to provoke is retarded. It just goes back to the pissing contest the politicians have with each other, most people wouldn't even give a shit if the media and politicians weren't forcing them to and us getting along perfectly fine over here is an example of that.

My advice would be to give Kashmir independence from both countries and just make it its own state, so that this fucking autistic screeching on both ends tones down a bit

They have no business living in our civilizations. Who cares if they hate Muslims. Why do we need these turbaned aliens again?

if youre a good minority you get to have things like that

Sikhs are compatible though

Will only help police officers establish trust with more communities.

Sup Forums I'm guessing without reading any posts in this thread is literally shaking because they're wearing the wrong hat and have facial hair.

Sikhs are nature's kebab removers, so it only makes sense to include some of them in your security and policing forces in the face of a global increase in terrorist attacks.

>Asians are compatible tho
>t. you 20 years ago
see graph

Why protest them if they do no wrong and bring nothing but good things?

They defeated us by outnumbering and outgunning us in First Sino-Indian War, but we were better prepared in Second Sino-Indian War. So, we took our revenge.

Nothing wrong with Sikhs.

Doesn't that conflict with separation of church and state? Making a concession entirely based on religious beliefs is fucking retarded. What's next? Muslim women will be able to serve in Burqas? Get real.

Lies, I had Sikh friends and they hated you dirty fucks, they had so many fights. The Paki's nearly always lost too, truly the weakest race i've ever met.

If I had me a muzzie problem I'd want some Sikh coppers.

You're right, fuck Cossacks.

You have a Pooki Muzzie problem, London is ruled by one.

Doesn't matter. If you open the door for one, you'll be opening the door for the rest. You're setting a precedent and it'll bite you in the arse sooner or later. That's what happened to you inbred retards and the nazis. Now you have to deal with sharia courts. kek

Russian chaim is the worst shlomo. History agrees.

They allow this to a certain degree in Norway as well. Pretty cool

>hindjews hating based sikhs

Whats new? Fuck off back to your literally shitty country

This is absolutly inacceptable. If you don't like the uniform, leave the force. Simple as that. I'm a LEO myself, and this shit comes to my country (it will probably be the hijab around here) I swear to the flying spaghetti monster I'll patrol the streets wearing a traditional pasta colander, just to see where the tolerance ends.

to be fair he probably didn't want to send his countrymen to their doom/have them disfigured horribly by ieds

Yeah NZ Police does this too. I would demand to speak to an officer from my culture if I got pulled over by one of these cunts.

It's a bit different for us with our history, we've been fighting alongside Sikhs and had them in the BA since the earliest days of the raj. And why I don't mind them, our local Sikh boys help keep the slimes in check.

>give kashmir independance so that we glorious pookistani can then lowkey invade it or at least plant our sleeper cells

fuck off ahmed, stop fooling yourself. if you're a muslim, don't even try to seem like a good person, I know all about taquiya and that shit you pull.Anti pakistani propaganda in india isn't a cause, its an effect. I long for the day india purges pakistan of you disgusting kebabs and reclaim what is essentially indian clay.
At least Muslims in india aren't killed like insects like pakistani fucks do with hindus.
Trust me, none will be spared, be it women or children, old or disabled,once we take the southeast asian front on the day of the rope, we're purging all you mudslimes.

The turban has been part of Sikh military uniform since 1699, that's the difference between burkhas and other religious headgear. Sikh soldiers wore turbans in the British Army and still do so to this day.

Fuck off. It is called a 'uniform'. If you can't abide by the regulations, ESPECIALLY if your religion over-rides your duty and obligation, then seek employment elsewhere. Special snowflake faggots...why don't they instead get 'special permission' from their temple/priest/goatfucker/shiva allowing them to shave and no turban while on duty?!?!?!

Law and Order: Bodega Patrol

Are you drunk? We never hated them.

You have been fighting alongside all Indians communities during the times of Raj.

/ourguys/
/brotier/
/fuckmuslims/

Other poo posters and history may disagree with you. And sikhs are special in the case of the british raj army. Sikhs were 2% of the population of india, but represented 20% of the forces fighting for the British, they have a reputation for military valor and bravery. Punjab was one of the last areas in India to finally capitulate to the British.

Winston Churchill even made a famous statement about sikh soldiers specifically post ww2. Gurkhas and Sikhs are highly celebrated

What I am saying is Indian volunteers were largest during the world war 1 and there were plenty of Indians fighting the world war 2 too. I am not questioning the valor of Sikhs but those men died for you too.

I'm OK with this, Sikh 's are pretty based. They come here and work hard, and they're much different than the muzzies.

The sikhs and gurkhas also stayed loyal during the sepoy mutiny. Not denigrating other Indian soldiers, but my britbro is right in saying they are celebrated, especially the gurkhas.

Truly dealing with a Khalistani Sikh..

>Brazil of Europe
L O fuckin L

If they're Sikh why don't they wear medical masks?

Sikhs are brotier

Well pretty mich either this or they can't be cops.

sikhs are the best arabs, encourage them and we might se change into the muslim comm

what about the Sikh religion?

Is it literally a religion of peace?

they're not Arabs you dumb nord

>sweden
>nord

>pencil pushing faggot

Dude served 3 tours in Afghanistan and 1 in Bosnia, where he was wounded in the course of duty.

What have you accomplished lately friend?

Agreed.

Sikh's are a different thing. Like they have to wear the turban and keep a beard to be a Sikh. They also have to carry a sword.

There would be a problem with me supporting this and not a Hijab but the Hijab is forced by oppression while the Sikh stuff isn't

That's jains, you arse

Because he is an actual racist

And even then they will still serve. There was a case of a us ranger who shaved etc to get in, but was petitioning to be allowed a beard.

Why don't you work on Christmas?