What's it like to have a really high IQ? (145+)...

What's it like to have a really high IQ? (145+). My IQ is around 125 and I am bright but I look near retarded and slow compared to people 140 and above. How does having a really IQ shape your political beliefs? How does it shape your social life? Are you really better off because of it?

>Are you really better off because of it?

Yes. High IQ people rule the world.

shut up faggot

I have a 87 IQ.

Good luck with your existential crisis and never ending search for meaning.

Me, I'm all about the pussy. I drink beer and work in a factory. I have attained my highest purpose and surpassed all my goals.

I am too smart I keep myself in illusionary chains so that I cannot.... hurt others.

I'm 143 and feel dumb

>87
That's too random. You're lying.

No. Ignorance is a bliss. Be thankful, its a heavy world to shoulder.

Well for one, I don't get bored.
Secondly, I take a lot of drugs to prevent me from becoming too political.

ITT: People stupid enough to think freeiqtest.net is a good IQ test

It's low 80s. way to break my balls.

It is a really shitty situation until you begin to believe in God.

I got tested many times as a child and they say IQ doesnt change all that much as we age. The way I feel now its probably lower.

IQ is not something static. If you're sleep deprived, or going thru something ur IQ will drop, Alternatively, taking stimulants will increase your IQ.

Apparently, I have a 146 IQ, but I don't really feel it's helped much.
I read quickly.
I make a lot of smartass commenrs.
That's about it, honestly.

I did a whole bunch of different ones & kept getting 137, and I don't consider myself particularly smart either, do they all give overly optimistic results ?

Some do, my official IQ is 123, but all the online IQ tests I took before ranged from like 93 to 147

im 290 and man it hurts

you couldnt understand, brainlett

I believe it's been shown that the smarter a person is the less connected to society they are. Which leads to depression and lonely nights.

Very Sad Many Such Cases

I have an IQ of 137. I don't think I am able to utilize my intelligence very well. My thoughts are a complete mess, it's just memories constantly coming up and random ideas floating around my head with no clear direction.
Honestly it feels like I am schizophrenic.

Sometimes I come up with great ideas, but I have no control over it. My brain is like a car without a driver.
There's a lot of complexity to the human brain. We all have different connections in our brains, for example autistic people, they're all fucked up because their brains are literally wired differently.
IQ scores are very general, it generally means that you're smarter if you can score higher, but different brains lead to different results. You might have an IQ of 150 and be great at maths, or you could have an IQ of 150 and completely suck at math while excelling in verbal skills.

damnit
this is why you smart mother fuckers are so dumb

I've never taken an official IQ test, but I know I'm in the 130's. I'm horrible at English, besides it being my native language, I take a few moments to think of words and I have difficulty understanding sentences sometimes, and even misinterpret them completely.

Your political views and social life are irrelevant, but there is a pattern with intelligence and social skills, or a lack thereof. Yes, you're better off with a high IQ.

You are simply able to process more information.

IE you have the ability to unlock advanced shitposting with more brainpower. Imagine yourself being able to shitpost in 5 or 6 threads at the time instead of just one.

Tested a few times, mine goes between 134-139.
Honestly depends on the person and their upbringing as well. For example, I realise what I am but due to economial conditionsI am unable to change much in the ways of the world, which torments me endlessly.

What I generally found out about higher functioning people is that they accept reality based on facts, and less based on emotions. Ergo I would declare that the "liberals are high IQ" is just a meme, since they live in mass- psychosis nearly all the time.

To break all the mumbo-jumbo down here, if the person is able to mold themselves and change their worldview based on evidence and not just experience they are usually of higher IQ.

Higher IQ means a better chance at life, provided you are otherwise healthy. If you are not, have bodily defects then you are left to torture yourself for years. For all those who are in this position, seek self-reflection and the truth. It will help in the long run.

Have you tried learning other languages?
I've had problems with speaking Latvian all my life. It's very hard for me, I always go blank and can't remember simple words, but I taught myself English when I was 10 years old and never had difficulty speaking English.

Being connected with "society" can cause someone to be depressed. Being completely disconnected with nature can cause depression.

So all the Canadian shitposting comes from one guy with an IQ of 280?

I tested at 142 when I was a teen.

Two things happen in the workplace: People start leaning on you more heavily and those that have the unfortunate combination of being both dumb and prideful become scornful from being proven wrong ad infinitum.

It's more of a problem than you'd think. Imagine playing Morrowind when you know about potion exploits, or Battlefront II when you've mapped out all of the glitched areas that let you noclip into the walls and snipe people.

You're smart, so you get lazy. You stop developing yourself, even when you should be working hard. And then other people who may not be as talented become more accomplished, and you look back and realize how much you've lost just by being arrogant and thinking that your talent was a match for other peoples' skills.

Smart people don't value IQ. They value accomplishment. Go out and do cool shit, and don't worry about what your IQ is.

I have an IQ of 185(Mensa) and I see everyone around me as morons. I specialize in nano-technology.

Exactly this

Of course there are different types of intelligence. A few people seem to excel at everything, but many smart people are good verbally but not with math, etc.

One very annoying aspect of this is that every fucking gifted artist and musician thinks they are automatically brilliant about other topics, and their fans support them in this silliness.

You realize that MENSA is another intelligence test, right? If you pay $70 a year just to call yourself a member, you've failed.

>I am unable to change much in the ways of the world, which torments me endlessly.

The Curse of the Subgenius. Praise Bob!

My IQ is 137 and even I feel like a retard sometimes on here. but that's mostly because i was raised french and am flabberghasted when I see how much articulation most of Sup Forums has.

It's bait

I took an IQ test in the first grade and it came out to be 97. I plan on getting another legit IQ test done later, but I am fully trusting the results of that one.

I am in college now and am considering various occupations: Air force pilot, programmer, etc.

I do know that I am very capable of organizing my life and planning things out.

The guy could be unrivaled throughout history in crochet. Charging people 3k for a pattern and $30 of material doesn't mean he can change the world.

>Smart people don't value IQ. They value accomplishment. Go out and do cool shit, and don't worry about what your IQ is.
This. I've never taken an IQ test but I'm smart enough to already be aware of this.

People with really high IQs are anarcho-capitalists, because they realize it's the only philosophy that is 100% consistent and requires zero cognitive dissonance.

your EQ is way more important when shaping your political beliefs but in general as well
you can have 150IQ but if you have low EQ you will end up as a pile of depression that can't accomplish anything in life

This

school was so fucking easy for me until university, I never learned to work hard

I still get by with minimal effort but I cannot into rigorous work ethic.

Oh and im in engineering not some meme degree

idk what my IQ is but i assume it would be around 130

There's a qualitative difference for some people after 140 or so, from what I've heard. My IQ is pretty high, in the 150s, and the main difference I notice between me and most people is intuition. I've noticed high IQ people tend to be more intuitive and clear headed. They tend not to get hung up on taking people overly literal and understand what a person is trying to articulate through their idiosyncrasies. This is my primary way of roughly telling someone's IQ. I notice a lot of peolpe from 115-130 tend to be obnoxious as well.

140 here, easy to manipulate people that's about it

Meditation helps

This. Life is still tough, and since you can do lots of things really well I have found it difficult to find a stable career. Ended up settling because all my friends were buying houses with boring jobs and I was still bumbling around "exploring" and having fun.

Smartass comments are fun and entertaining but being able to see the extreme stupidity in people, everywhere, is irritating.

I know, but a pet peeve of mine is people asking me why I haven't joined Mensa or the Prometheus Society or some other club for autists with too much cash.

>They tend not to get hung up on taking people overly literal and understand what a person is trying to articulate through their idiosyncrasies.

That's an amazing way of putting it, people with IQ tend to be really good at seeing what a person is really communicating

Which test is accurate at that level? The one I took only could go up to 160.

When you guys with higher IQs see questions like this, do the answers just come? Is there actually very little thought process being done? My brain process is weird because I look for a generally overly complicated solution that completely overshadows the much more obvious one.

I heard programmer is a bad occupation to become

Anyone can become one, and thus there is a horde of people begging for freelance moneys and those who get a legit job at a company tend to be badly treated and badly payed

>Me, I'm all about the pussy.
Same here, got 77IQ but I fail to communicate in the right way with the people around me so it's becomes a struggle to get things done.

Iq means nothing if u have no motivation. Also successful people with low iqs pay people with high iqs to do the hard stuff.

You have to be careful not to read too deeply into things.

It's an unfortunate fact that people are, by and large, really fucking shallow. Once you strip away the talk about celebrities and the weather, they don't have much left to carry a conversation on.

I'd rather converse or otherwise deal with people who don't need their words parsed through the idiot-filter.

What IQ test are you guys using? I have yet to take one and I'm not convinced any of these free online ones are sufficient sources

Yes that's easy as shit

I detected a pattern almost instantly
~10 seconds to check that its happening everywhere, then the answer is really obvious

I've tried meditation for a few months and didn't do much.

All it did was help me figure out what are my conscious and unconscious thoughts, and how to shut down the id when it's bringing up concern, fear, loneliness or any other undesirable emotion.
I recommend meditation to people, but it's not some magic cure for all. It's simply a good exercise for your mind.

Sadhguru is my favorite poo in the loo.

That isn't how you spell 'manipulate'.

Crochet? I hardly even knit her!

d?

Agreed. I know a lot of facts and trivia about a million things that most people don't give a fuck about. I have to dumb down my vocabulary to be understood sometimes. I don't think a high iq makes me superior though, sometimes I envy normals because they aren't worried about shit all the time.

D, right?

Yes.

Is it D?

This. Also, i'm also never bored. I can always keep my mind occupied on a subject and actually become proficient at it. I also take lots of drugs. It is very hard to have many friends. We are all little Adam Scotts. We know many things and people will despise us for it. I try to hide my intelligence as much as possible. Hence, the drugs.

high IQ people are generally lonely and miserable as fuck

i have around ~135 but I'm a social recluse all around, people bore me, things bore me, I'm work and perfection obsessed

underlying i still have the primal need for human contact, happiness is elusive

161 here. when i was in the military, i was told i was too intuitive for my own good.

i'm also paranoid to the point of agoraphobia. i can't leave my house unless i'm with someone

Oui

>test officially at 130 at 18
>spend a few years drinking, doing drugs, eating like shit, being a general retard
>test again at 25
>110

wew

I just try to find patterns, which I am sure those tests are all about, and if my current method doesn't work, I try a different approach

The X checked boxes are reversing their positions and then make a diagonal line
On the lowest row, it just starts with the diagonal line , so the answer is d

When in doubt, use the answer that looks the least fishiest

>be smart
>but not smart enough to be *really* smart
>give up on ever trying to do anything meaningful because breakthroughs in this age are only possible by mutants - people who are at the 99 percentile

I'll never do anything worthy of remembering but I'm ok with that.

Starting from the available answers and using a process of elimination helps too

Hi everyone, IQ of 161 here. While some of you may think I'm superior, I'm sure some of you don't. For the ignorant plebs that choose to deny reality I'm going to use my superior Canadian intellect to convince you to let me cuck you. But if you are too stubborn like the children you are i will use my Muay Thai training to forcibly dispose of your worthless asses and go ahead with impregnating your women with my superior Canadian seeds. It would be a true gift to your lesser bloodlines.

pattern. easy. I'm convinced that can't be hard for people with lower iqs though. then again, normal iq people literally seem to have learning disabilities to me and it's real difficult living in your mediocre world. like being 7'5" and living in today's world constantly having shit in your way to just walk down the street.

here's an example. at work everyone wants to explain new things 5 times and make me do shit slow so I can "learn" it. then gets all offended and insecure when I figure it out in a few minutes and it took them a month to get it down. then they start a bunch of drama to get me fired before I take their job. just a bunch of faggoty retards.

the answer is D
the black is the pattern you're looking for, not the boxes

A is also correct, but D is more correct

EQ is a juke made up by women

yep

I'm not up there as high as you and I get around fine in public, but I always can't wait to get home and turn off the static of being out there.

Came pretty easy to me... I'd imagine if youve been predisposed to other puzzles similar to it youd be quicker at picking up on the pattern.

I'm hesitant to believe mot numbers that people give because I am sure "IQ" is a pretty volatile measurement.

How did you guys go about getting your IQ taken? Are there other ways to gauge your intelligence in a reasonably objective way?

It is A

Pretty simple, it's just a matter of only using the data that the question gives you to piece together a solution based on precedent.

Even then though, we sometimes overthink things or are simply not of the mind to find the answers to specific questions. As you go up on the IQ scale the subjects skills both widen and specialize.

A school psychologist tested me. They were mad as fuck because I refused to be in their little 'program', though.

are you fucking stupid

High IQ people just need to be left alone.

Initially they will try to help average IQ people, fail, and then get disgusted at every single person because they cannot fathom the fact that people cannot understand something so 'simple' (but simple to them, for average person it's difficult) so they become reclusive, and rarely talk and go to their exclusive clubs where they meet other people and can finally talk to someone who understands their ideas.

When they are more mature they understand the world for what it is, and realize that it's not the people's fault they're lower IQ than him, so that's how he adjusts.

These High IQ people if malevolent sometimes become serial killers too, and CEOs who ruthlessly use their charm to manipulate people.

If Benevolent they become scientists (initially at least) and philosophers.

I don't know my IQ, but I found that question to be extremely easy.

I noticed the pattern immediately, took a few seconds of comparing the two examples in the final sequence and then confirmed it was D.

I can't imagine the answer will "just come" to anyone. There's always a thought process. You're talking about people with high IQ, not literal psychics.

>a fucking imageboard is packed with geniuses
Is your selfconfidence really that fragile?

Low iq scum detected.
The answer is C/D

Isn't it generally agreed upon that IQ is mainly just the epitome of circlejerk culture?
I don't see Mensa solving any of the world's problems, let alone having any sort of legitimacy in society.

Here's the funny thing about EQ.

People with higher IQ score higher in EQ tests.
Have any of you actually seen an EQ test? It's a complete joke.
The trick to the test is to bullshit your way trough it. It doesn't measure anything. It simply asks you questions like ''do you empathize with other people?'', just say yes.

Emotional intelligence tests are a complete joke.

Wow sorry I made a typing error.
Anyway it's a fucking joke, you can't measure it and it's generally just unscientific bullshit.

I actually score relatively low on IQ tests, like 110-120 range, but I don't feel stupid. In school I was usually the "smartest" kid in the class, and on standardized tests I scored in the 93-98 percentile range. I'm very good at retaining information.

150 here and I'm kinda jealous. Ignorance is bliss

are you seriously telling me people generally have a difficult time to find the answer to that question?

This is easy as fuck, honestly.

It's not really easy per se but it's just a process of elimination, which answer looks the least retarded. Hence D

Honestly I always hated tests and math because I prefer being creative than logical. Like why can't I make up my own answer?

A is not correct. All the boxes in the last row move from right to left one position. The X boxes will be in the top middle/center right/bottom left. The line boxes will be in the top right/middle left/bottom center.

Discover pattern
Test pattern on both complete rows
Complete final row using the pattern
Check if answer matches with available answers.

That depends. If you have a low iq and are ugly, white, and have a shit personality then your life is gonna suck. However, if your'e a Chad, and dumb as shit, life's gonna be pretty good either way.

Took me a few minutes to get D, and I only got it because of elimination. How do other people get it?