Was Macedon part of Greece? Or not?

Was Macedon part of Greece? Or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE
perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Arr. An. 2.14.4&fromdoc=Perseus:text:2008.01.0530
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love Macedon and I love Israel!

Every fuckin day without fail this fuckin post. Shorter daylight hours is making the shit posters frantic and manic, they can't won't stop.

kek, that cunt going on about no McDonalds and Alex wasn't a Greek really did a number on you

>can't won't stop
youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE

Alexander the Great, king of Macedon, 356 BCE - 323 BCE: "Your ancestors came to Macedonia and the rest of Greece and did us great harm, though we had done them no prior injury. I have been appointed leader of the Greeks, and wanting to punish the Persians I have come to Asia, which I took from you." (Alexander's letter to Persian king Darius in response to a truce plea, as quoted in "Anabasis Alexandri" by Roman historian Arrian, Book 2.14.4
perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Arr. An. 2.14.4&fromdoc=Perseus:text:2008.01.0530

Of course it was !Macedonia was the reagion that Alexander was born and not the country that FYROM slavs claim. Also AMA /pl/ i'm really bored

What is FYROM!?

FYROM stands for Former Yugoslavian Republic Of (((Macedonia))). It was part of Yugoslavia when the soviets annexed it, and have nothing to do greeks. Not a single ancient object was found to justify their claims, but they still want to cause trouble in Grek diplomacy

This quote proves (((literally))) nothing.

Phillip established the Corinthian league in preparations for his invasion of Persia under the guise of a "panhellenic" crusade in order to pacify his Greek allies.

Ancient Macedonia may be in modern Greece and parts of FYROM(through Phillips unification) but it does little to explain how the ancient Macedonians actually viewed themselves.

Which is why this debate is retarded.

>Which is why this debate is retarded.

>Which is why this debate is retarded.
No it proves that FYROMians like you like to steal history for personal gain. Can you please tell me the similarities of your people with ancient Macedonians? In Anciant greece every State was a different country but they were all Greeks and not Slavs like you. Modern FYROMians were spawned as nomadic barbaric tribes during Byzantium Era and were almost annihilated if it wasn't for the Arabs (The Empire count handle all these enemies together, so they let them install in that area). Do you know any history

Macedonian-American here. Where my grandparents are from is still Greece legally. But they speak a different language and have a different culture than their fellow Greeks.

That's because today's Macedonian people arer slavic people, not Hellenic people like ancient Macedon was

Can you please find another name instad of Macedonia?
>But they speak a different language and have a different culture than their fellow Greeks.
Of course they do user, cause we have nothing in common, not even history

you are a genius

diaspora?

what's that?

diaspora refers to all the greeks/everyone that has a greek family and lives abroad

Hey we never did get a good answer last time I was in this thread, what kind of fast food chain would Alexander have eaten in? I'm pretty sure 5 guys but someone made a really compelling argument for KFC.

Alexander would be a guy only eating at home from his yiayia