Lyft Wants to Start Tracking Your Driver's Racist Habits

gizmodo.com/lyft-wants-to-start-tracking-your-drivers-racist-habits-1790605316

>A two-year study from the National Bureau of Economic Research recently found that Uber and Lyft riders with “Black-sounding” names waited longer to have trip requests approved than riders with “White-sounding” names. Now, Lyft has announced a new measure it’s taking to curb racism: a hidden score measuring driver discrimination.

>In November, Senator Al Franken wrote an open letter to Lyft’s CEO, Logan Green, and Uber’s CEO, Travis Kalanick, asking them to address racism on their platforms. On Wednesday, Sen. Franken released both letters. In its response, Lyft said it will start tracking driver cancellation and quality of service for drivers in poor, minority communities. From the letter:

>Also, moving forward we will enhance our regular thorough review of ride cancellations (as noted above), by including a focus on cancellation rates and quality of service in “minority census tracts” as defined in 12 USCS § 4502 (a census tract that has a minority population of at least 30 percent and a median income of less than 100 percent of the area median income).

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=243_1482527162
liveleak.com/view?i=fad_1461504906
nbcnews.com/news/latino/uber-driver-saves-16-year-old-girl-sex-trafficking-n701241
youtu.be/RJAlsEmNt1I?t=55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unconstitutional. they should be sued.

this is actually hilarious. if trump hadn't won i'd be curious how far down the rabbit hole really goes

BM/WW in pic

Every time

just let them be fucking racist. i don't want to unknowingly socialize with or tip a goddamn white supremacist.

>Judaism
Oh boy, who could have guessed

No more shekels from me then.

Companies who do this sort of things like this need to eat punished financially in order not to create incentives for this kind of crap.

>Whitey doesn't want to be killed
>Lol fuck you, ya racist
>O.ok I'll do it
>Get robbed and murdered after picking up Jamal

Guess the FUCKING WHITE MALES will be quitting, and Jerome will have easy pickings jackin the white girls ride

Lyft driver forced at gunpoint to be driver for crime spree
liveleak.com/view?i=243_1482527162
Uber driver used for drug deal. Orders them out of car, they demand a REFUND for the ride
liveleak.com/view?i=fad_1461504906

Found those in 2 seconds. Luring people into "minority census tracts" in order to rob/exploit/kill them is pretty common. Google pizza delivery driver shootings/murders.

Damn, sounds like that movie Collateral

wow babby learns about al franken

enjoy the ride

Best case scenario the dude jumps out without paying, worst case he kills you and steals your car. Stop being so racist america.

>the dude jumps out without paying
Not possible.

You have to add a payment method before booking the ride, and the ride is automatically charged afterwards.

Asians and hispanics are pissed.

They do realize their drivers are mostly Indians, Chinese, Mexicans etc. right?

Will the be keeping metrics on how many white drivers get shot in the face by some nigger? I think not.

Now they have to go into dangerous ass areas to pick up niggers.

That's funny

>mfw I exclusively use Uber spanish or do pick ups at USC to avoid the groid

Exactly, and as we all know only whites are racist.

Why cancel on your nigger clients when you can listen in on their niggery and report it to the police afterwards?!

nbcnews.com/news/latino/uber-driver-saves-16-year-old-girl-sex-trafficking-n701241

If niggers just selected reasonable names like everyone else they would not be having to deal with this kind of shit.

>lose job
>lose wife
>pay alimony
>have to greenlight
>become a lyft driver
>get mugged
>get shot
>die

>Senator Al Franken
>CEO, Logan Green
As if you even need to check.
Also OP
>linking to jewzmodo
Step it up faggot

>unrelated current year pic

Just a distraction. Softening the blow for when they later announce they're replacing those racist drivers with the driverless fleet.

>it is undeniable Sup Forums is always right

Can anyone really blame the drivers for not wanting to pick up nigs?

Saton trips of truth

>r/atheism
kek'd hard.

And they wonder why uber is winning

Franken is just a commie

I'm an app driver. I never pick up niggers. They fucking smell like shit and they're fucking loud and they need their own ghetto nigger car service

Lol
I use lyft in my area because it has less brown drivers than Uber.

This is stupid though, the drivers should have the right to refuse service to anyone with no repercussions. Especially potentially troublesome customers.

Checked.

When it reduces the chance of being the victim of a crime, people really should have the right to discriminate who they invite into their car.

>tfw black crime is whitey's fault.

...won't be long before this backfires on them horribly. Stupid PC politics. BOOM! It's gonna blow up right in Lyft's face like Demarcus and Antoine blasting a .45 in their face. Just wait.

don't photoshop me or my waifu ever again

>A two-year study from the National Bureau of Economic Research recently found that Uber and Lyft riders with “Black-sounding” names waited longer to have trip requests approved than riders with “White-sounding” names
DAS RAYCISS!!!

Imagine this

>You know that blacks have much higher crime rates than whites
>You know you are much more likely to have something happen to you if you pick up a black person
>A black and white person each call simultaneously
>What do

This is on par with that versace retail nigger code issue.

I do uber/lyft in the bay area occasionally and you will often see large "surge" areas in oakland/richmond (nigger areas) all the time because drivers dont even want to go in there.

On my first day I dropped of some people near a ghetto area and got a request for a pick up. I didnt really notice I was in the ghetto but when I pulled up I was this nasty black crackwhore looking bitch and I noped the fuck out of there.

$15 an hour isnt enough to deal with niggers in your own car.

>not wanting the succ from a descendant of the Ancient Egyptians

Let's first see (((Al Franken))) or any other other limousine liberal working as an Uber or Lyft driver in the hood. No bodyguards, no camera crew, nothing.

youtu.be/RJAlsEmNt1I?t=55s