Whad does Sup Forums think of Neil DeGrasse Tyson?

Other urls found in this thread:

np.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/4bwshx/why_are_people_so_mean_to_neil_degrasse_tyson_on/d1daa05/?context=4
thefederalist.com/2014/09/16/another-day-another-quote-fabricated-by-neil-degrasse-tyson/
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=youre_not_a_nerd
thefederalist.com/2014/10/02/neil-tysons-final-words-on-his-quote-fabrications-my-bad/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3mtDC2fQo
youtu.be/ycJeht-Mfus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's a faggot

statistical outlier

i hate all pop-sci celebrities.
did that nigger even accomplish anything noteworthy other than championing the movement for taking away pluto's planet status?

My astro professor in undergrad said he has made no significant research or impact to the scientific community. Basically media time and books are why he's famous. He's working at an observatory ffs

Narcissistic, close-minded, has great charisma but isn't that great of a scientist, acts smarter than he really is, and needs to shut the fuck up about politics and just run his faggoty planetarium no one cares about.

He's a fucking meme.

It's a shame Cosmos only had like 2 seasons while garbage shows like those duck hunting faggots have like a dozen

uninteresting. dumb. extremely cheap version of sagan. nigger.

A nigger in a suit

hes a nigger doesnt actually do science just a shilling little bitch thats says the earth is a pear and that whitey devils are responsible for climahoax and fuck him lets lynch em

>My astro professor in undergrad said he has made no significant research or impact to the scientific community. Basically media time and books are why he's famous. He's working at an observatory ffs
at least sagan worked for NASA and was involved in real exploration projects. this dude is a cheap imitation and runs a planetarium.

/thread

Product of afirmative action

he works at a planetarium not an observatory. ffs learn the difference. he's still a hack though.

this. he let his fame get to him just like all the actors that think normal people give half a fuck about their political views.

i'll take the advice of an economist or an actuary or an accountant any day. they look at the world objectively with feels instead of reals.

We were a small college club with around 10 members and on a whim one of our members emailed tyson's agent to see if we could book him. We found out it would cost 40k (it raised to 50k in December of that year where I think it still might be) for his speaking fee plus expenses to have him come to our college for 1 day where he'd host a small lecture, a press meeting, dinner with up to 6 people, and the main lecture and a book signing time permitting. We decided to go for it, and spent a year where our club exclusively worked on bringing him in.

When he arrived, myself and others introduced ourselves and our fields of study. He went after first of us in humanities or soft sciences pretty much relentlessly from the get go. We're all used to the philosophy major working at McDonald's joke, but he wasn't trying to be funny, and spent the ride from the airport making repeated comments about the uselessness of our majors. Additionally he spent about 5 minutes trying to show that logic was stupid but he was citing logical rules and Occam's razor.

The small lecture was him bragging about how famous he was, and how easy it is to pull yourself out of poverty or etc. The dinner was for leaders of other clubs so helped us raise money. He took the piss out of how one student held her fork, and was impossibly smug when giving advice to physics students.

The main event was a terribly boring lecture consisting of fart jokes and fan service; teasing the upcoming TV series he was in and not much else. He spent a quarter of the time reading Sagan's blue dot, which is nice but shouldn't have cost us because it wasn't his material.

He left at about 2am, and we were all exhausted because we had spent the day busy setting up and tearing down. The whole affair cost nearly 85k. The additional money being for locations, personnel, air fare, Tyson's hotel, catering, etc.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, who came to our university, gave a crappy speech rife with lame fart jokes, was rude and disrespectful with the people who organized the event (there were a couple campus clubs working on it for about a year). He equated one of the group's member's philosophy major as a degree in mental masturbation.

We were so pumped to hear a talk about the universe, astrophysics, black holes and dark matter, and instead he gave a speech on debunking lame pop media science misconceptions such as the "supermoon" because the organizing club is known as a skeptic/secular humanist society. He then basically said he did us a favor and that we "owed him one" for that.

He delivered a private lecture to our group and members of the campus physics club in which he realized he had said something witty, whipped out hsi iphone, and spent the next fifteen minutes trying to come up with the perfect wording for it to post it to his twitter. In the middle of a lecture we spent a year's work and $55k total to organize.

What did you expect from a nigger?

Should booked Mike Tyson instead.

I saw Neil Degrasse Tyson at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

stupid cosmos nigger

except this time it's not copy pasta, some plebbit users complained about being scammed by the nigger

Holy shit that sucks user. Can you at least give us the name of your school?

So this shits from plebbit? Do u have the thread?

from plebbit lad, brits don't say college

The only thing he does is communicate ideas well. That's why he's famous.

literally a joke. Got his phd and ran off to use it as a ticket into the media world as le science man. He dun nuthin for science in terms of papers/research

np.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/4bwshx/why_are_people_so_mean_to_neil_degrasse_tyson_on/d1daa05/?context=4

WTF am i reading.webm

lol

Welcome, newfriend.

Newfriend? Ive been here since 1998

as a scientist I fucking hate him
he acts like an expert in all fields but he most definitely is not, and I have more respect for my physics prof at my small state school than I do for him.

he's a hack fraud entertainer and I will never respect him nor his research

He's in my city right now. Apparently his in laws live here.

I'm sorry his father died today.

Smug asshole who fabricates quotations and stories and is unwilling to acknowledge flaws in scientific practice despite claiming to be "rational." But at least he's actually a published scientist and Ph.D unlike Bill Nye the Bachelor's in Engineering Guy.

pol hates science and truth

He's a living meme.

>who fabricates quotations and stories

Do you have a source for this?

Smooth voice, more of a science popularizer than a scientist now (if you follow science then you'll probably find hist books boring), and gives political opinions on twitter that show that he doesn't follow politics. He's probably cool to kick it with though.

Poor man's Bill Nye.

So he came twice?

see

He has a phd in Astrophysics. He makes a lot of good points and well known for BTFO'ing lunatic religious people.

Lots of hate here

>Source

Theists tend to not have these.

>He has a phd in Astrophysics.

He's never done anything with it. He only has a few papers to his name.

>He makes a lot of good points

Like?

>well known for BTFO'ing lunatic religious people.

Like when? All I've ever seen him do is mock out of context quotes from scripture and point at things in the bible that he perceives as awful and gawk about how awful they are. And bash on Ibn Ghazali for stupid reasons and show he clearly didn't know what he was talking about.

Outlier.

Also, not a particularly notable scientist. He is to science what a Jon Stewart is to news. He is a popularizer, a shit-talking wiseass to make people who don't know what a hypotenuse is feel smart for sharing his shit.

He has not made any notable contributions in ink, though nobody who can get a Physics PhD is "dumb."

5 seconds and Google. You can find many more. "Neil Tyson phony" to start.

thefederalist.com/2014/09/16/another-day-another-quote-fabricated-by-neil-degrasse-tyson/

Blue pills are always pounding this guy like he's going to bring forth some Nazi hate or something. You'd need to find an actual black scientist to do that; but then, you'd need to have an interest in actual science to find one.

thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=youre_not_a_nerd

found one. tip harder.

thefederalist.com/2014/10/02/neil-tysons-final-words-on-his-quote-fabrications-my-bad/

He's actually quite redpilled on race.

Nigger.

A very entry-level ''scientist''. All he can properly do is demonstrate basic physics in front of a bunch of kids. He is very obviously a token - part of the trendy ''nerd'' culture. Le black science man

This is one of my favorite lectures and really made me like him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3mtDC2fQo

If you like him it's worth the watch

youtu.be/ycJeht-Mfus

A shadow of his mentor, Sagan.