Increasing Minimum Wage

I believe that a majority of this board is against increasing minimum wage as a result of it leading to large corporations easily outcompeting local businesses.

My question is in regards to the implementation of this policy.

Do you believe that the minimum wage will be increased dramatically ($15 minus inflation) soon? When?

What would the effects of such a policy be?
Would the inevitable loss of jobs and mass protests resulting from such serve as a form of a "redpill" to the common worker--for the average McDonald worker who barely knows how to layer cheese on a burger?

You can already see the effects MC Donald's jobs get modernized.

It will naturally once regulations are removed and all businesses become more competitive

Not everyone likes fast food made by robots.

You prefer fast food made by filthy, lazy teenagers?

>more inflation
>uncapacited workers can't access to low paying jobs, thus hurting they capacity to access to skills and better jobs in the future

Yah but its about the workers you can already see shit like this starting. lots of people gonna be outta work. Basically raise the minimum wage and Private business squeezes out jobs. You gotta keep labor cheap.

What would the effects of such a policy be?

>As Canadian that has large minimum wage in >our society, the 11$ minimum is killing the >local, small businesses. it nearly impossible to >survive 2 years with all the regulations and >50% of wealth being taken by the government, >and in return, you get horrible policies, medical >care and so on, as well as corruption, and loop >holes causes the Large corporations to get >away from paying taxes.

I'm just saying that human interaction( good or bad) and truly personalized goods hold more value than cookie cutter bullshit. Corporatism is trending downward

Kick every illegal out.
Make it a stiff penalty to hire illegals.
Let's raise the minimum wage to where only American citizens get the money. Not some squatters from Mexico turning high school jobs into careers demanding ridiculous money.

Yah but if your already going to Mc Donalds then its game over anyways. You want something good go find the small burger place in your neighborhood run by some "Food Savant" where you may or may not get diarrhea the next day.

Why couldn't regulations like this be just for large corporations? That and diversity quotas and discrimination lawsuits, etc.

>large corps
so all McDonald places are mostly owned by smaller corporations that pay royalty to McDonalds inc for the franchise ... is mcdonalds suppose to pay minimum wage or not?

If you don't like the way McDonald's does business don't eat there

Fuck.
I'd say only truly independent businesses would be exempt but it would be hard to codify and there would be lots of loopholes probably.

If you eat there anyway you are a cuck

I'd say that not many users responded to this question appropriately. Here are two users (not all) that answered in the desired fashion.

so new...
also
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

What's wrong with corporations?

because they dont exist in small towns you drunken Russian faggot, for example oregon has already passed a $15 hour min wage, being implemented over the next couple years and the town that im in currently in is 90% small family businesses that hire college kids at min. wage. and were already being fucked. my town is sinking fast, not as many jobs, cutbacks ect. ect.

>because they dont exist in small towns you drunken Russian faggot
So what?
>oregon has already passed a $15 hour min wage, being implemented over the next couple years and the town that im in currently in is 90% small family businesses that hire college kids at min. wage. and were already being fucked.
That's how capitalism works and you just elected pro-corporation president, cry more worthless piece of shit.

>Russian intelligence

Go back to the vodka vlad, you have nothing of value to add here

>>Russian intelligence
Excuse me..?
Also
>lefist
>talking about economy

>Excuse me..?
you're excused for your lack of intelligence.

Also
>implying
>No idea of the context of what the conversation is

>for your lack of intelligence
>says incompitent redneck from small city

Lower minimum wage causes wild deflation instead of increased productivity that results in lowered prices, it causes stagnation because no one industry has enough money to invest in innovation, and it's all around degenerate. Why would Sup Forums be in favor of it?
If anything we need a higher minimum wage so Paco, Tyrone, and Cleetus are priced out of the market -- their skills can't justify $15 an hour and thus they will never be able to support a family -- and mega-corps are incentivized to pour money into R&D of AI.

Oh yeah, and who gives a fuck about local businesses? It's the McDonalds of the world that have enough capital to invest in innovation.

Most of the people losing jobs are ethnics. A minimum wage is inherently eugenic.

That was the original purpose for a minimum wage and it didn't work.

There shouldn't be a minimum wage at all. But if there has to be one, it should be a living wage as you described. Having a minimum wage that's set, but is too low, artificially keeps wages down.

Businesses don't have to offer competitive wages because they offer just enough to keep everyone below the poverty line. It's enough money to keep people from complaining but not enough money to actually live off of.

If you can't afford to meet the gov's regulatory standard you shouldn't expect to do business, leaf.