Why are European flags either three stripes that just differ in color or size or a cross ?

why are European flags either three stripes that just differ in color or size or a cross ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Simplicity is the key to a great flag. Your flag is overly complicated bullshit. czech em

this desu

this. You want the kids to be able to draw it and stuff, if you have a fucking eagle or something like the roman empire or mexico then no one is going to draw it accurately. That's why the swastiska nazi germany was so cool. It was powerful and simple.

So you admit the UK flag and the American flag are abominations?

because we achieved it by blood and honor.
removing soon bros

UK flag is not complicated.

the us flag is, the union jack is perfect, its not overly simple but its not too complicated.

basically its good if it works in small scale and large, the amount of stars in the us flag means it cant work in small scale. as generic as striped flags are, they can.

>why are brazilins retarded , don't have have aryan visigoth , Etruscian and phoencians DNA?

Must be all the arab raping and mixed african with south american mixed DNA

youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM

Daily reminder

lmao
>turkey
>europe

>tfw you used to have a badass harp flag
Fucking french and their shit flag design

draw it for me. it shouldn't take long

they removed the coat of arms so now the look like shit

tfw when Sup Forums is full autism now
all the flags you see with 3 stripes get their origin from the Tricolour which is connected to the enlightenment and revs of 1848 literally take a college level European history class kiddo or just search it on wikipedia

Ottoman empire is most of you consider "southern Europe"

Rejoin the UK and you can have your harpy flag. The Irish harp is still on our money and heraldry.

Why is your flag so gay?

Can you legitimately not draw the Union Jack?

What's complicated about the Union Jack?

HEY LISTEN UP EUROLOSERS

THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER IS THE GREATEST FLAG OF ALL TIME

HOW CAN EUROLOSERS EVEN COMPETE

Prefer the UK ones separate tbqh, Union Flag is basically London flag.

>has stolen flag from east india company
Your flag isn't even yours you dimpy cunt.

Your flag is a joke, like your country. It looks like a fucking circus commercial. Very fitting, I must admit

Done with paint and took like 5 minutes. Not that had desu

You're so cucked you added the Scotland flag to yours! Can't even dominate kilt wearing SNP liberal loser Bremainers!

Basically it's a lack of creativity and vision. Stars and Stripes is where it's at. But it would be cool if there was like a mongoose on it or something. "The Fighting Mongooses" is what they'd call us.

Using only words, describe this flag to a child that has never seen the flag. Make sure they get the proportions accurate. Can they accurately replicate it as they could a tricolor flag?

lmao some Magyar shitskin talking down to superior Anglos

Shame you didn't keep a better flag.

Your flag has the ugliest color shades imaginable.
>maroon
>white
>dark green
You're also gay

Who said he was English? and you think the Union Flag is the English flag? Is this just b8 or are you that stupid?

We have stars, because unlike your "empire," our future is looking bright!

>USA
>Anglo

Because we invented flags and thats how flags are supposed to be.
Now fuck off

Are you retarded? You can barely notice the proportions on a regular Jack, let alone on what a child would draw.

The red and white stripes were to fill the gap when the Union Jack was in the top corner to signify it was a British Colony (same as the East India Company flag). The stars for each state is overly complicated, 50 stars? How many. Let me count... 1... 2... 3... 4... I give up. Fuck sakes, it made sense when it was just 13 stars to represent the 13 original colony states but this shit is ridiculous now. But it's better than a leaf.

Your flag says "order and progress"
kek

Your country is pretty cool, and the flag is a plus

>U.S. flag
>overly complicated

13 stripes and a blue square with stars on it is not too hard to draw. I could do it in 3rd grade.

Crests within the crest and a bunch of MS Paint castles. No thanks, Joao.

>England and US argue over who's flag is better.
They're virtually the same, shit we're basically fucking cousins for fucks sake. So it makes sense our flags are similar.
>red white blue
>stripes

Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!

What are you going to do, add a cross everytime you add an irrelevant mountain "country" to your disunited kingdom?

No need to be jelly.

Because the Danish and Dutch flags are the earliest flags in the world

The Danish flag is a cross
The Dutch flag is a tricolor

Most flags in the world are based off of these designs

I think Nepal is the only one not based off of these

However, it should be noted that Royal Crests were used before Flags and they were much more complex

Well, I guess that settles it.

Cos we are not shitskin wankers with something to prove like pakkis or bakkis (Brazilians)

Generally three colours represents the divides in the nation. You need history for that..

>Colgate arguing about who's flag is better

Albanian eagle is very simple to draw.

Our flag is one of the few things I really like about my cunt. Relevant to the country's surroundings and has an actual backstory.

>English
>White
fucking muslims are dumb man

Well I love our crests and most of Europe.

But its true we must make flags simple in order to meme them.

I think a couple of colors and complex central symbol can make a good flag however. Just replace the central thing with a single color when needed.

But I wasn't arguing that at all, I was simply answering OP's question

No need to be so insecure user

Your flag is a counterfeit of ours with a cross and blue background

>Y-you gay meanie, how dare you defile muh flag that looks like a child's pajama
Kek. It's so easy to trigger the

>You can barely notice the proportions on a regular Jack, let alone on what a child would draw.
Well we just had an adult get it pretty wrong. I doubt a child would do much better.

Because the European countries where old enough for the simple flags not to be taken.

It's a little too busy. I agree, the adding stars was a neat idea until manifest destiny and V-Tech kicked in. We could stand to exchange some of those stars for good ones like they do on soccer kits. 5 gold stars could suffice for the 50 regular ones.

cuz they are uncreative faggots

You whole country is a failed attempt to counterfeit western civilization though.

>Being this much of an autist

WHY ARE BURGERS SO EASILY OFFENDED AND UP THEIR OWN ASS WITH THEIR SHIT FLAG/COUNTRY?

dude you live in like one of the most irrelevant countries in the world, no ones triggered your just a mudslide decadent bitch. And all that is okay, you just have to accept it and move on

Englands flag is older than both

No it isn't, it always comes out looking like a bug when drawn by hand

Memes aside, if you don't include London (that has no English people in anyway) we jump to 95% white. We are also actually European, unlike you, colonial mutt. Thats the reality mr 50% mix and dropping.

Symbolism must always be there, and in the Portuguese flag its important.

The betrayal theme, the conquests, the explorers etc. Each symbol as meaning.
I love the colors of the German flag, dark colors with hot mix well, like black and orange are striking.

And they can put the Eagle if they want.

>British east india company flag

Also, that's my upload from last night's Queen thread. Glad you saved it. We're coming home!

You had Western Civilization in your hands and you traded it for debt money

the flag of england and denmark have the same origin

they're basically the same, but denmark inverted the colors

Flag are not made to be fancy. They are made to be recognized in the battlefield or in a sea battle.

Not an argument, friend. It's drawn incorrectly. It's a very complicated flag, with very precise detail.

I havequinbuble dig1ts, please
if not dud5, then Donald James Trump shall win the Brazilian Presidency

>If you don't include the muslim caliphate, we're totally Christian!

Your image doesn't expand to a good size. kys fag

Tricolour = Equality, Revolution, Diversity, Secularism, Multiculturalism, Atheism
Cross = Tradition, National Identity, Patriotism, Christianity, Heritage, Conservatism
Cross > Tricolour

>counterfeit

They are the very best of Europe and some of the worst exacerbated by Freedom.

Fuck off Turk.

i always liked the bavarian flag

america has the shittiest flag

You're right, those Scandinavians truly care about tradition

and those damn Russians fucking hate Tradition

fucking idiot

If someone pointed to my drawing and asked someone else what it was, they would know.

Of course it's not exact. I drew it in 5 minutes.

Get yer head out yer arse.

Gives me a headache everytime i see it.

Because of common history

>A leaf

>lines

A Britbong

>104989549
try the flag of noord-brabant

I like the betsy ross myself.

13 is a powerful number.

But the current one is okay, a good alternate would be putting the Eagle in there.

they're some of the best flags wtf are you on about

UK flag is just a combination of three cross flags. American flag is just a striped merchant ensign with a blue field.

Should have went with this. It's a better story and message to roaches.

This one is better. The bavarian one seems trippy as fuck.
WE

WUZ

>American education
>I-it's too complicated! I-I can't d-draw it!!

CALIPHZ AND SHET

a fucking leaf is a fucking right

>Quadroon can't handle casual bantz from magyar

Time to move forward amerifat

The three stripes are all based on the Dutch flag.

It was the norm to use Royal emblems.
But when the Netherlands became a republic it had to come up with something else.

>autism