What is the average age on Sup Forums?

What is the average age on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11995072
poll-maker.com/poll937604xF89E430f-39
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm 20.

I'd guess 25

dunno but if you were to make a legitimate average chances are you'd get digits.

I'm 25. Seems about normal maybe a little above

Why don't we find out?

strawpoll.me/11995072
strawpoll.me/11995072

desu this is a good idea

Statistician here. Not going to bother addressing the selection bias any poll here will have (lots) since this is for curiosity's sake rather than an attempt at actual demography, but your poll should have equal age brackets - if you're going to lump 30-39 etc. together you should lump 20-29 together too. Ideally you should just have each age separately.

Also 34 here. That should drag the average so far up a bit.

27, still cute boi tho

>21% is underage
oh

Thank you Mohamme- I mean Sven.

>Not going to bother addressing the selection bias any poll here will have (lots)
I had to look that up. So it might not be truly representative. Surely the more answers, the more representative though.

I was thinking people could answer dishonestly though, that's probably the biggest threat to its accuracy.

>your poll should have equal age brackets - if you're going to lump 30-39 etc. together you should lump 20-29 together too.
I presumed most people here would be in their 20s, so I thought it would be good to separate that out, to see if it's mainly early 20s, mid 20s, late 20s, etc.

But looking from the results so far, there are far more oldfags here than I thought.

most retarded poll ever, can somebody make a good one?

Praise be upon Him!

I'm aprove this massage.

I'm 58. My nephew told me about this website. During Christmas I started telling him about how the Jews basically run this country and he knew all about it. You all give me hope for the younger generation.

I 90. Hitler was a verrie goede man.

Jesus Christ I can't believe there are so many underage cunts.

No wonder this place is so shit.

The fuck is wrong with it you cunt?

Danke mein Freund

Are you ACTUALLY 58? I find it difficult to believe that old people would come to this place.

Don't you have, like, a job? Aren't you have a lot to lose in case anyone found out you came here?

Seriously I just don't believe that old people would come to Sup Forums.

Hahaha top kek so funni xD

I'm 12 and what is this?

23 years, income 75k.

I use pol as an alternative news source. Always knows about shootings first

I made a couple graphs based on the results so far.

Also I calculated an average age, but perhaps the statistician - - or anyone really, can tell me if I'm being stupid?

Basically I decided to approximate each 10 year age bracket as the mid-point age for that bracket. So 35 for the 30-39 bracket, 45 for the 40-49 bracket.

This meant I lumped all 20-29 votes in together. And same for 10-19 (I am assuming there is no one younger than 10 browsing Sup Forums).

Then I just found the mean. And it came out as 26.

So there you have it. 26.

I'm 18.

So glad that I came to this website on early age. I have learned a lot from you guys. I was going to do an arts degree at Uni but thanks to you guys I am now in Chemical Engineering.

>under 18 and 22
And zero surprises were had that day.

What do you do for a living?

Good man. I wish I had discovered Sup Forums early enough to help me.

I started coming here when I was 18 (25 now) but it was too late to change my degree choice - I had already done stupid humanities A Levels.

I hate myself. But oh well. Glad that you have chosen a better path, my friend.

You're not going to make it. Drop out right now.

I'm personally pretty surprised that there are:

a) so many under 18s and
b) so many oldfags (30+)

I always thought that Sup Forums was almost entirely populated by 18-29 year olds. People finishing school, at university, or in their first jobs. And I would definitely expect Sup Forums to attract lots of under 18s, but I always thought that Sup Forums was generally a bit older, mostly 20-somethings.

Updated graphs, and an updated average age: 24.82142857.

Nine

That's not much better, user.

>Les find aut

49 year old checking in. Sup Forums native. Praise KEK.

No, taking the middle of the brackets is not a good assumption to make. Also if you really assumped equal distribution you should use 34.5 not 35.

Question - are you bothered by the fact that Sup Forums is incredibly young? See graphs here: Clearly we (young people) are here because we're starting out in life, we're full of confusion and rage, and we don't know where to turn. And we don't have responsibilities like old people with families and well-established careers do.

So, what brings you here? And does it bother you that you're speaking to a bunch of dumb kids?

i am 12, what is this???

>Young
>22

It used to be 16-17's you'd be considered young. Teens. That's the age people fought wars.

At your age Alexander conquered half the world.

You should be confused, because you are entering the real world, but you're not young, you are a young adult.

You are an asset and at the perfect age to be presented with all sorts of worldviews.

I'm 27 myself

>No, taking the middle of the brackets is not a good assumption to make.
It's the BEST assumption I can make isn't it? There's no other way to calculate it.

>Also if you really assumped equal distribution you should use 34.5 not 35.
Nope, I already went through that dilemma myself.

30-39 doesn't finish at 39.0, it finishes at 39.999999 (that is, 39 years and 364 days old). So it is a full 10 year span. And the correct mid-point is 35.

What you'll learn is that, probably much to your chagrin, after a certain point there's not much difference. Confused at 18? Guess what you probably still will be at 38.

Responsibilities make things even worse. See the divorce rate.

Thinking that people who are older/more educated/wealthier/etc. than you are less fucked up is a naive perspective. Hang out around Sup Forums a bit longer and you'll see that first hand.

And you are wrong about why most people are here. I say it's for the lulz. You say it's because we're all angry and confused. You're sounding more and more like some jewbook refugee who has swallowed the MSM bullshit and still believes it.

lurk moar

>asks your age
>you give age AND income

You don't need to pretend here user.
We'll still treat you like shit.

Better poll. (Strawpoll sucks and doesn't let you have enough options.)

poll-maker.com/poll937604xF89E430f-39

Everyone here is underage jew boys from long island

>At your age Alexander conquered half the world.
Very different world though, wasn't it?

>You should be confused, because you are entering the real world, but you're not young, you are a young adult.
Young people are still naive, and surely an older person would think "why am I talking to kids?"

I'm 37.

i just turned 22 the other day and im a khv neet help

Do you have many peers who think like you?

>doubting someone's age

You really do need to lurk moar. There are tons of oldfags who come out of the closet every now and then.

God you'd have a stroke if you knew the number of females. But that's just not possible in your little image of what this little clubhouse is, is it?

And this is the reason I usually never come here on weekends. Sleep well.

I'd be a little concerned if a board full of memers were in their late 30's

I'm 18 but browsed when I was underage

>Thinking that people who are older/more educated/wealthier/etc. than you are less fucked up is a naive perspective.
Well I talk to my grandma, who is in her 80s and has had a wealth of experience in life - growing up in Wales, living through the war, toughing it when there was rationing and no central heating, getting married in her 20s, raising 3 kids while my grandad was off at work, getting a job herself, etc. - and I think "yes, she is clearly older and wiser than me, she has experienced tougher things than I haven't, and she has born tough adult responsibilities that I hopefully will at some point too (obviously mine will be a bloke's responsibilities, but I just generally mean parental responsibilities).

So I disagree with you - I think more experienced people definitely ARE wiser. Although "less fucked up" - no. That's something else entirely... being fucked up depends on whether you had a shitty family or not, I guess. Or whether you're just an idiot.

>Hang out around Sup Forums a bit longer
Mate, I have been coming here for years and years and years, and very very frequently too. So please just make an argument instead of appealing to time.

>And you are wrong about why most people are here. I say it's for the lulz.
Okay, fair enough, it is indeed a cathartic release that you can't get in society.

The question still stands, you're 49 years old, don't you think "why am I talking to kids? Why aren't I getting on with my life? Why aren't I talking to people my own age?"

>lurk moar
I bet I've been here way longer than you have you fucking cunt.

That's my whole point. Why do older people come here? Don't they think "I'm way too old for this kiddy bullshit"?

>Average age
No fucking idea.
>My age

Been on this Burmese carrier pigeon image repository far too long.

Not even.

When you're young, you look at adults milling around and going to work and think "Wow, they're so mature. They have all this important shit to do."

It's not true. You know how many of my fellow "adults" are fucking retarded? MOST of them. They're 30, 40, even 50, and they stagnated. They cling to old high school and college stories of their glory times, or they are only capable of talking about their fucking job, or their children. They have no hobbies. They have no self awareness. They'll parrot whatever garbage is hot in the media, or the news. They're deathly terrified of their reputation and having a dissenting opinion.

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums especially, is a steam valve. I can say what I want and I can read posts from other people that are actually being honest. I don't care if people want to troll, or shitpost or meme it up. That comes with the territory.

>this guy thinks he's been here way longer than anybody else has
I've been here nearly a decade, so maybe you should stop making this stupid fucking argument as if you're some sort of Sup Forums tough guy? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Unless you've been here since the mid-2000s, then no, you haven't been here longer than me. And if you have, then I don't give a fuck, because I've been here for fucking years.

>There are tons of oldfags who come out of the closet every now and then
Yeah, does that mean I believe them? Do you believe it when some cunt says he's earning £1,000,000 p.a. and driving a Lambo too? HAHAHAHAHAHA

>And this is the reason I usually never come here on weekends
So basically you're just avoiding my fundamental question, which is WHY come here as an older person? Why the fuck are you getting so rustled? Is it because you're a 49 year old failure who has nothing better to do with his time?

Mate, I'm in my 20s, I have an excuse for coming to a site like this, but you... for you it's just a bit pathetic to be honest man.

>over 80
>12
>13
>14

I literally don't believe this for a fucking second.

>Yeah, does that mean I believe them? Do you believe it when some cunt says he's earning £1,000,000 p.a. and driving a Lambo too? HAHAHAHAHAHA

>i'm a wendys chef and make $100k/yr

i miss those threads

Because this is probably the only decent place on the internet where you can discuss politics without getting called racist/sexist etc etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with older people being on here. As long as the average age is under 30.

I'm not exactly sure what "important business" older people have that needs attending to. I come on Sup Forums instead of reading the paper or watching CNN.

I'm honestly surprised that this opinion is coming from bongs too; I'd assumed you'd be a little more understanding with all your CCTV and BBC licenses and all that garbage. People just want to express themselves without being thrown in jail for hurt feefees.

>When you're young, you look at adults milling around and going to work and think "Wow, they're so mature. They have all this important shit to do."
>It's not true. You know how many of my fellow "adults" are fucking retarded? MOST of them. They're 30, 40, even 50, and they stagnated. They cling to old high school and college stories of their glory times, or they are only capable of talking about their fucking job, or their children. They have no hobbies. They have no self awareness. They'll parrot whatever garbage is hot in the media, or the news. They're deathly terrified of their reputation and having a dissenting opinion.
>Sup Forums, and Sup Forums especially, is a steam valve. I can say what I want and I can read posts from other people that are actually being honest. I don't care if people want to troll, or shitpost or meme it up.
I get what you mean. I get all that.

But do you not still think "shit this is mostly just teenagers and 20-somethings stuck in university or shitty jobs, most of them are still fucking virgins for Christ's sake, posting childish cartoons on here"?

Everyone has to let off steam but surely by the time you're an adult you think "right, I've really got to take responsibility now - if I need to let off steam then I'll play sport, or I'll go for a beer with someone, or I'll just watch a black-and-white movie and drink beer, or I'll just masturbate in the bathroom"?

If I'm still here by your age I'll probably kill myself. No offence.

>two 12-year-olds on this board

People today grow up slower. People have kids and whatnot at a later age. This isn't exclusive to Sup Forums. If you go on reddit you'll see even more older people on similar subreddits.

I've used Sup Forums since I was 11 (19 now), so I believe it. That's why I put it in. I don't believe that there are 2 plus 80s.

See above. Also could be trolling like i think the above 80 responses are.

we have to watch our language now

>tfw we are redpilling the youth

feelsgoodman.jpg

No offense taken. I think it goes back to what you mentioned earlier about being naive.

What exactly is "taking responsibility"? Sports, jacking off, and alcohol don't let me vent my feelings about the government dicing up our country to fucking migrants. They don't let me hear the opinions of other people, even if I'm aware a lot of it from this board is going to just be hugbox/echo chamber vindication from a lot of posts (although not all of them).

There is no "adult responsibility" that makes everything else go away. Even with a good job, a woman, and kids, the world is still going to shit, and your co-workers are still going to be fucking mouthbreathers, and now you might have to worry about your kids getting bluepilled or your neighbor being a fucking terrorist.

I understand your dread for the future, but I frankly don't see the magical alternative that you're going to escape to by the time you're my age.

I come here because this is one of the only places where I can be myself without a mask and enjoy the company of others that want that same thing. Maybe that's sad, but believe me, I've looked elsewhere and haven't found it.

Yes, there's going to be underage shitposters. Yes, there's going to be some guy lying about his Lambo and his billion dollar inheritance and two foot long cock and three supermodel wives. And there's going to be cancerous memes and newfags. I accept that those things are all part of the price that comes with this kind of freedom of speech and anonymity.

just turned 18 i came here because i find richard spencer attractive and want muslim cocks in my ass

I remember an user posted in a thread asking us to delete a youtube video in which he was made fun of in gta v i think. He definitely sounded like he was 12 years old. I don't know how these kids find this place.

>strawpoll.me/11995072
To be fair under 18 and the oldfags are weighted inappropriately. Ranges would be better under 20, 20-25, 25-30, 30-35 etc.

I think you see whatever you are. I can spot the oldfags a mile away.

I came on here since I was 14 and now I'm 19 so

27 introduced by my dad in my teens.

And nearly everyone I know is on Sup Forums so there's really nothing to be lost being on here. People openly referenced Sup Forums memes and discussions at Christmas Eve dinner.

I'm 26 going 27 soon

that's pretty sad

A bit of a shithead, aren't you?

So do I my friend.

That's very true, but I would have thought that older people would be put off by the memes and everything.

And especially since older people, I think, are less averse to being racist in real life. They'll just do it with friends down the pub. Knowing when you should say it and when you shouldn't.

Even with my mates now (mid-20s), we all know that everybody is racist deep down. We're not kids anymore, we've realised that. Some of them are more blue-pilled than others but I can say way more racist stuff now, it's all a bit hush hush, wink wink, that sort of thing. And I would have thought that effect gets stronger the older you get.

>I'm not exactly sure what "important business" older people have that needs attending to.
Proper careers (I mean, I'm NEET, but even when I had a job, I wasn't fully swamped by it, because I was just a junior. Not laden with responsibilities.)

And FAMILIES. Do you have a family? And if not, why the fuck aren't you getting one? When you're in your 20s you've still got some time to chill out. But you don't have time to fuck around anymore once you're in late 20s.

>I'm honestly surprised that this opinion is coming from bongs too; I'd assumed you'd be a little more understanding with all your CCTV and BBC licenses and all that garbage. People just want to express themselves without being thrown in jail for hurt feefees.
Mate I'm not fucking naive. But just read what I said above, that's why I'm surprised older people come here.

sure. Being totally accepted for the person you are on Sup Forums is sad.

>It's okay user. Daddy will come home someday.

wew lad

>People today grow up slower. People have kids and whatnot at a later age.
I know, but surely when you get to 30 you think "I seriously need to sort my fucking life out now"

>If you go on reddit you'll see even more older people on similar subreddits.
Yes but that's REDDIT. People are LOSERS there. Those 30 year olds are probably fat neckbeards who play board games. My impression of older 4channers is that they're people whose wives have left them and they've hit a bit of a stumble in life, seething with rage at their wife, wandering what the fuck to do next. Maybe I'm wrong though.

>There is no "adult responsibility" that makes everything else go away. Even with a good job, a woman, and kids, the world is still going to shit, and your co-workers are still going to be fucking mouthbreathers, and now you might have to worry about your kids getting bluepilled or your neighbor being a fucking terrorist.
Fair.

>What exactly is "taking responsibility"?
I asked in my other post so I guess you'll respond to that first: do you have a family? That's what I mean, really.

That guy was a wanker so I treated him like a wanker

Updated graphs. And my new average age is 24.07643312.

This time I used the same method as here - - except for the 20-29 bracket. Instead of using the mid-point of 25, I actually calculated the mean of the 20-29 bracket (since I have the breakdown for each age), and it comes out as 23.5. I may as well use that, since I have it.

>And nearly everyone I know is on Sup Forums so there's really nothing to be lost being on here.
Interesting

>Only 50-59 year old here.

Nice. Wear it as a badge of honour.

I just asked other older people this, but why do you come here, hanging out with teenagers and twenty-somethings?

And how did you find here? And how long ago?

30 here

Anyone under 25 needs to fuck off back to Sup Forums or /soc/

About 2 years ago, son committed suicide and he had Sup Forums throughout his search history (me and wife wanted to find out what caused him to do it). As for why I come here it's because it's very close to his sense of humor.

I quite like them actually.

This is next-level fucking shitposting

Fuck off NZnigger

Whatever Chav-nigger.

64 here. I've heard this place is ironic.

Now its starting to make sense as to why.

I am 12 year old and what is this?

Well as you can see in pic, there are a hell of a lot of under 18s, it would seem. Unless everybody is trolling.

And if you want a more digestible breakdown then look at these graphs: If you're not bullshitting/trolling then I'm sorry to hear that mang.

Surely you'd be pretty angry at this place if it managed to cause such a tragedy?

16, have been watching porn on /gif/ for over a year until i discovered pol

He had depression since around 12, common on the mother's side. Don't blame the place but perhaps it made it worse.
Wait is he black? Why does he have a Chinese name? It'll help him migrate here I suppose.