i.imgur.com/URO0gWU.jpg
>Al Bab Dec22
i.imgur.com/KD3eNIN.jpg
>Aleppo Dec22
i.imgur.com/FlnmmT3.jpg
>Palmyra Dec18
i.imgur.com/G2AmOFe.jpg

Developments Dec30
>12 hours into ceasefire; Syrian Army continue operations in E Ghouta and Wadi Barada
>IS stopped water flow to Aleppo
>SA liberates new village in west Palmyra, 50 terrorists killed
>SA attacks jihadist stronghold in W Idlib
>Jihadist refuse to surender last bastion on W Damascus
>FSA breaks ceasefire in N Hama
>Rebels disrupt gas flow to millions of residents in Damascus to protest Wadi Barada clashes
>Turkish FM: Coalition began Air strikes in Al-Bab for the first time
>Egypt to send troops to Syria for peacekeeping operations
>Turkey: YPG should not be involved in Syria talks
>Egypt’s govt approves transfer of islands to Saudis
>Houthi forces capture military base inside Saudi Arabia

Other urls found in this thread:

alternet.org/world/prominent-us-journalist-syria-serves-mouthpiece-violent-extremists
youtu.be/NI9xvf4v_AY
youtube.com/watch?v=5N5vUVo7iSk
youtu.be/lVlgMEFu1PI
heavy.com/news/2016/12/isis-islamic-state-amaq-news-my-father-told-me-video-syrian-arab-army-saa-turkey-turkish-soldiers-mass-execution-gay-man-thrown-full-roof-execution-full-uncensored/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

previous thread

Reminder that Jews are white, based and the real master race.

G-d's chosen people will always win in the end.

checked

No.

anyone got the "you watch the streets, we'll watch the skies" with Saddam, Putin, Qaddafi and Assad?

Reminder that the eternal burger lynched Saddam 10 years ago as of yesterday

>Bilal Abdul Kareem is from New York City and claims to have enjoyed a career as an actor, an anti-AIDS activist and a standup comedian before parachuting into Aleppo. CNN’s Hala Gorani has branded him an “independent journalist” and praised him for his courage. He was named Al Jazeera’s “Personality of the Week”
alternet.org/world/prominent-us-journalist-syria-serves-mouthpiece-violent-extremists

Harambe is 10 years old too, normie.

bump

shutup Saddam killer

Uncanny 1/2

Uncanny 2/2
>Is she Putin`s gal?

bump

ONUR SUICIDE WHEN?

NAO!!!!!

Exclusive pic asma with gypsybro.

And here is Asma with /sg/

Bashar is wtf?

Here is your medal polishbro

>medals lol

>bump

Why does FSA always try taking Assyrian towns? Is it because they're the nicest and most peaceful, unlike their Islamic hell holes?

I hope soon

>tfw we wuz bros

if it suits the story, any town can become shia/christian/assyrian/hospitalian in a minute

Asma shoes are pretty sweet

>>Houthi forces capture military base inside Saudi Arabia
youtu.be/NI9xvf4v_AY

Sandal-wearing houthis are pretty based. Check these barefoot revolutinaries tho. Saudis are fucked. Barefoot fighters everywhere. No place for burger or doc martin boots, mothafuckas.
youtube.com/watch?v=5N5vUVo7iSk

hahahah, bahrainis all wearing palestine flags. topkek based mofo`s

>post-modernism

Where is everybody?

>coalition finally hits al Bab
Obama should never have lifted it. Supporting both the Turks and YPG, you might somewhere there because they cant credibly acuse you of being against them - only of being naive about finding peace.But when Obama abandons military support for the Turks, who are providing him an airbase and safe territory to stage military ops in Syria, then Erdogan, as irrational and stupid as he is about handling the kurds, can credibly claim the US is backstabbing them.

Obama is going down as the worst president in burger history.
>Trump sides with Netanyahu
cricket
>Trump sides with Putin
oy vey traitor!

My fear with Trump is that he might be too naive or corrupt due to his business interests to recognize Putin is not actually on his side, he'll just try to manipulate him.

trump is an idiot. 2017 will be fun.

goodnite /sg/

There is some hope. His aides are all neocons as is the Senate. Since he doesnt know what he's doing, they may well manipulate him to their point of view. Theyve already got him fervently anti-Iran.

While true, there is a thing to understand about him. His militant/agressive posture is not offensive. He just percieves ex-USSR space as our territory. Any operations/revolutions/powerplays are treated not as foreign actions on foreign soil, but foreign actions on domestic soil.

As such if he just leave ex-USSR space and Syria alone trump can have a real ally in putin on isis, on UN, on w/e he wants really. Putin is one of the most pro-west politician we have in upper circles of power, he is just utterly paranoid about regime change in CIS or even possible attempt in Russia. He won't be able to split us with China, but the less dependant we are on them, and under current sanctions regime we are very dependant, the more restrained chineese will become.

The real issue is Arctic. Because RF is in a position to grab it and claim it as property cause LOL muh shelves. That would be the real test of relations.

is that a weed plant?

The problem is, it is not possible for Putin to have his pro-Russian, former-USSR buffer in Europe because Eastern European states are sick of Russia's shit. Ukraine will not go down without a massive fight, and the rest are all NATO. So if he insists on fighting about this, there's no way to avoid conflict.

>This is truly what deluded cold-war neocons actually believe will happen

>A Better Tomorrow
A Better Tomorrow with some good music
youtu.be/lVlgMEFu1PI

Well unless there is no NATO. But that would be a really bad idea.

>Ukraine will not go down without a massive fight
That's the thing. You are looking at it from ideology/influence standpoint. That's wonderful and all but EU is screeching right now. Neither they nor NATO will admit ukraine for variety of reasons from russias actions in crimea, to inability to clean it up over 3 years, to individual states hesitant to invite it.

This whole "ukraine is tired of russia" is a western dillusion based on ideological principles, and that's how it was sold to ukrainians. Thing, is - there is no ideological difference.

Whereas in reality what you have is a state so corrupt that despite Russia dumping billions of dollars into it for a decade, then EU dumping more billions into it for 3 years, it's still a de facto failed state.

And that's even before we go into economics. The way EU works, if UA joins it, even if just as a priveleged partner right now. RF will cut off trade. And at that point UA economy becomes unsustainable due to quotas. They are already having to sell to china/india to compensate, and that aint working. Even if they join EU somehow, they will just become another colony like Romania/Bulgaria/Greece.

You have a war hero that spend time in RF prison for "killing russian journalist", let's not get into it, arguing that the revolution failed and that unless something is done about it they might aswell invite Yanuk back, Because 3 years later they still don't have enough evidence for a court on him. Bastrad hid his shit well.

Where did you get the idea I said Ukraine was entering the EU? Because that's not what I said.

Fight with whom then? Fight what for?

They've already proved theyre willing to resist the Russians militarily. All Im saying is, Putin would need a sneakier way to get Ukraine on hisnside at this point, unless he wants to use a very costly military solution.

idiot.
Problem with any country from Eastern Europe joining Nato or becoming part of western block means by deafault anti russian . Russia doesnt want that.If ukraine decided to go away from Russia ,but didnt went towards west and Nato ,Rusia wouldnt care that much .

Your so biased as usual. Just remember your information comes from a twisted MSM perspective and isnt at all reality on the ground.

>hey've already proved theyre willing to resist the Russians militarily
No, they're only willing to fight local militia and Russian irregulars(Cossacks) and rather poorly at that.
If they were willing to fight the regular Russian military then there would've been a campaign to retake Crimea, but there simply wasn't. If Russia is indeed a paper tiger as many say, then that would make Ukraine an origami swan.

The MSM just shills for the rebels, I dont listen to them. Stop assuming I do, you people seem incapable of realizing that it's possible to not believe the MSM and still not be on your side.

Damn right Im biased. And dont you dare suggest/sg/isnt.

You mean donbass? Nah, you have no idea what you are talking about. Donbass was never about claiming territory, otherwise actual army, the ~50k man we have stationed in the region would have gotten involved.

Donbass exists to embarass, undermine, delegitimize and force few concessions out of UA government. It really is a civil war that escalated into a proxy war. Watch Vice Russian Rulette series if you want a good idea at how it got started.

Absolutely different tactics were used in Crimea and Donbass.

In crimea large number of unmarked uniformed SF were rapidly deployed to secure military instalations and a large number of surrender offers was made. Among defectors was THE admiral of UA navy.

In donbass civic protesters took to streets, seizing official buildings. Some done by the mob, some by locals, some by hired, presumably by russian/local oligarchs, thugs, some by rag tag bands of ex military man, etc.

The reason donbass is as it is now because UA gov responded to it as if it was another crimea, IE miliary action. Which it wasn't. Putin/Rusian military only got involved later and mostly acts as a supplier of volunteers, arms, supplies and equipment, not as a combatant. Basically a proxy war, just like west is supplying government forces with shit.

Thing is - there were thousands of defections on government side due to mismangement, which prevented it to this day from removing the insurgency.

Crimea wasnt worth it since the Russians would have started a full sclae war to retake it. But Donbass is low intensity, and an all out invasion would be them fighting for their survival.

They have fought Russian troops, they do it every day and though they are not as operationally skilled (see Debaltseve), tactically they have still been able to kill a lot of Russian troops.

why FSA or ISIS havent been capture this place? it would cut the aleppo road and assad could eventually get BTFO.Aleppo reconquest

You're assuming again, and writing a wall based on it so you can prove me wrong. I didnt say Donbass. Donbass is not an attempt to drive to Kiev, clearly.

Nah, I'm pretty sure at this point you are just making non arguments and whenever you are rebuffed you declare that you didn't mean it.

I dont care what you want to think. You're assuming, and you're incorrect.

But believe what you will. No one here ever entertains my opinions and I defintely dont expect it to start with you.

>No one here ever entertains my opinions
If you really do have them, which I doubt, you are failing utterly to express them. As to entertaining them I just provided, as you called it, 2 walls of text to "entertain them".

Kiev without Crimea or Donbass/Luhansk is worthless. For various reasons, some which were already stated by the katsap.
Literally the entire central Ukraine is a worthless shitpit. What matters is Crimea, Black Sea coast, east with the industrial complex and west with their farmlands.
And then the farmlands are only worth shit for a country that can a) make massive investments into them and b) actually has the need for or ways to sell what they produce.
Which means that as far as the region goes, those parts are also worthless unless you make it a German, US or Chinese colony.

And at this point it's not about waging muh war, but about slowly waiting for Kiev government to die. Which it will on it's own in the next few years because it's a fucking black hole of corruption and mismanagement and there simply isn't enough EU money to fill it.
Eastern Ukraine is there to cause lasting strife, it's a frozen conflict which prevents Ukraine from joining any larger organisation and receive more aid than they can now and which they desperately need to cope with Crimea and the east not being there anymore.
This here humorous depiction basically explains Russia's strategy there.

What you're talking about isnt what I was talking about. But if you want to talk about what you're talking about regarding Donbass: you're right. Your assessmemt is right, other than to say the Russian Military is not a combatant. They are, theyve tried to cover it up but hundreds of soldiers do not just suddenly start dying, which I believe was also addressed by VICE when they interviewed Russian widows and veterans organizations about soldiers who were iust showing up dead, among other evidence.

>Crimea wasnt worth it since the Russians would have started a full sclae war to retake it.
This is true
>But Donbass is low intensity, and an all out invasion would be them fighting for their survival
That would only be true if Russia's plan was to annex the whole country and not just the Donbass, which is a more likely short to midterm goal for them, and if the Russians did mount a campaign to take the region I have no doubt the UA would be made to retreat in short order like the Georgians were in 2008.
>They have fought Russian troops
I know, but not a regular Russian force, not to sell the Cossacks short (they are the best troops of the separatist army)
>though they are not as operationally skilled (see Debaltseve)
An understatment
>tactically they have still been able to kill a lot of Russian troops.
You might want to quantify "a lot", I know the New-Russian militias got the shit kicked out of them constantly, but I never got the impression that the Ukes did very well against actual Russian irregulars.

And Putin played that game well. He'll get a lot of Russians killed for it, and already has, but he's 'won' that phase at least.

About half of all "Pro-Russian" casualties are Russian soldiers. And I would not call Russian Marines, Guards and Paratroops "cossacks".

>vice also stop spamming the thread u fuckin autismo

Your perspective reminds me how sad the whole affair is. This isn't me crying crocodile tears, just saying how pointless and yet inevitable the whole thing is.

I actually think that conflict in the east persists due to Kiev's stubbornness, not that of Kremlin. Because I think that's literally the only thing keeping Poroh in power. But that's such a hair splitting exercise that I don't think it matters overmuch.

Eh, I have no question that russian personnel is involved. My point was that they are not a majority, and that russian army itself isn't there. Just adventurists willing to risk their ass for extra pay coupled with some SF personell as advisers/specops.

You are way overestimating this. There are plenty gangs kremlin can mobilize to fill the battle lines if need be. They wouldn't be wasting actual military personell in large numbers, and sending conscripts is just a joke.

How serious are the Egyptians about 'peacekeeping' and what do they get out of it exactly?

There's been talk amongst portions of our foreign policy elite/pundit class (at least the parts that have stopped hyperventilating about Trump) about repairing relations with the Russians and using them as a counterweight to the Chinese in the Asia-Pacific. Any thoughts on that?

>Any thoughts on that?
As I said above, you can tie up china's hands by making a friend out of russia, because let's face it china is using russia-west conflict right now as a cover to expand it's influence/control in asia. But a full on sinosoviet split 2.0? I'm not seeing it. There is too much trust between Kremlin and Bejing and to little between Kremlin and Washington. Obama brought it down on himself.

Killed how? Under Minsk agreements Ukraine can do fuck all about Donbass without getting smacked by actual Russian army while the west can't lend official help.
In a year or two Ukraine will collapse and fall back into Russian orbit. No Russian deaths needed, the only issue being that the country is absolutely eroded andbroken by then.
And why? Because of a chimpout months before the elections. A chimpout caused by the president refusing to sign a deal which some western media outlets consider a fucking shitshow damaging to the country.

Not "officially" there, but theyre definitely not volunteering for it.

By "about half" I am referring to the report that listed over 2000 Russian military deaths in a business publication (talking about goverment veterans' benefits payouts) before it was censored. Of course, the original was archived. The Kremlin is tight-lipped about it of course, there is no way to prove the number (2081 I believe) was correct (it would be higher now) but it is the only one we have to go on. Which is a rather high percentage of total pro-Russian deaths which, if Im not mistaken, are closer than not to 5000, and were about 4400 at the time.

>About half of all "Pro-Russian" casualties are Russian soldiers.
Wrong, Russian nationals yes, but not "servicemen"
>And I would not call Russian Marines, Guards and Paratroops "cossacks"
As you shouldn't, because both are separate entities operating in much different capacities.

Well more than 2000 already died but I guess he might see that as 'low'.

can anyone answer please

>Obama
I should say neocons, rather.

Interesting, dunno how credible, but interesting. Tho I would, again, challenge your point about them not being volonteers. If you think in a country full of violent revanchists bastards who feel betrayed you cant find few thousands volunteers to go kill the "traitors" I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Thanks for the report info tho. It is interesting.

Yes I know the government insists they're volunteers outside the Russian military but that's as much a load of crap as when Mao rebranded the PLA going into Korea as "volunteers" to attempt an illusion that it wasnt the PRC itself fighting.

Your pundits and "elites" are way behind. Ukraine, Syria are (were) used to cause Russia to bend the knee and help US take out China. US needs Russia to make it as painless as possible.
And Russia signalled, over and over again, that they won't be a junior partner and that they will want a slice of new world order after the confrontation betweeen USA and China is concluded.
To do this, they need to side with the winners and be an independent actor in the conflict. US wanted them to be subservient. China didn't yet, so now Russia will start the fun times on China's side.
Which side they finish on is anyone's guess.

And this stuff is older than Ukraine even.

DAILY REMINDER THAT ROJAVA IS THE BEST PLACE IN SYRIA

NO DOUBT
O

D
O
U
B
T

Give me a couple dats fornwhen I get back tomy computer, I can give yout he archive link. It's the only source Ive ever bothered to save because I got sick of people in Ukraine threads insisting beyond all reason the Russian military wasnt fighting in Ukraine in an almost equal capacity to the rebels; well that or theyre really good at getting the few they do send killed, I think the former more likely though.

Its clearly a tree of some kind. Not a "weed plant".
Google images could have answered this for you though, friend.

But it's the Americans estimating this death-tole, not the Ruskies.
> I got sick of people in Ukraine threads insisting beyond all reason the Russian military wasnt fighting in Ukraine in an almost equal capacity to the rebels
They're not, domestic militia are the bulk of the separatist fighting force, while the Russian regulars are spec ops at best.
It's not "beyond all reason" just beyond you ability to admit when you're wrong.

No, it was a Russian business publication referring to veterans benefit payouts and it mentioned that over 2000 soldiers' had become recipients of death compensation since the start of fighting in Donbass. It was censored but the original was archived. Western estimates were actually much lower, like 700.

The casualty rate suggests that Russian military forces make up just under half of the forces in Donbass. Only natural given it's not just Spetznaz we've seen rumors of but Paratroops, Marines and Guards as well.

Kek

>Paratroops, Marines and Guards
Why would any of them be wasted tho? You can just push a Russia Stronk guy trough basic, promise him salary and veteran's benefits and you can get thousands of "disposable" militants. We aren't a small country and during 90s pretty much everyone who wasn't in academia/politics was involved with a gangs.

I consider myself to be fairly savvy when it comes to geopolitics and international relations but I've never heard of this explanation before.

It seems like the West just didn't understand how seriously the Russians would take the ousting of the Ukrainian government.

The American Deep State, the Israelis, and the Gulf Arabs have wanted regime change in Syria for decades, with Libya being a sort of trial. I don't see how doing that would somehow cause Russia to align with the United States down the road out of fear or weakness.

hey guys weaponize your autism again and see if you can find this location pls:

from this video
heavy.com/news/2016/12/isis-islamic-state-amaq-news-my-father-told-me-video-syrian-arab-army-saa-turkey-turkish-soldiers-mass-execution-gay-man-thrown-full-roof-execution-full-uncensored/

they tried and succeeded multiple times in cutting the khanasser ithrya highway. It's mainly empty desert with a few small villages and outposts. No chance to hold it against someone with airsupport. As you said, it's aleppos lifeline, so the SAA actually has a reason to invest the manpower to hold that part of the desert.

>West just didn't understand how seriously the Russians
You have nooooo Idea. Watching population go berserk overnight, that was a sight to behold. All over a few viral anti-russian videos from Maidan.

Westerners often come to Sup Forums and ask to defend Putin over his adventurism in Crimea. What they do not comprehend is - at the time population would cheer a fullscale invasion. Jets are cooled off since then, but yes. A sight to behold. And kissinger of all people understanding this, and noone listenting to him, still amuses me/

>Doing it for free

Fuck off, CIA.

fuck you cunt you wanna see slimes get the palm oil or not?

>for
>FREE

CIA unpaid

>Damn right Im biased. And dont you dare suggest/sg/isnt.
No-one ever suggested /sg/ isn't buased. Difference is, unlike you, /sg/ isn't an utterly deluded amoral fool.

Mind you I don't understand any Russian whatsoever so everything I read is fed through a Western filter of some kind but I've gotten the impression that your population was being psychologically readied for war for the past two years or so.

I didn't vote for Trump (or anyone for that matter) but I don't think most people in the United States realized what kind of abyss we were looking into if Hillary was elected. The hysteria that the liberal media has whipped itself into the past week over the "Russian election hacking" ought to be an indication in and of itself. What do normal Russians think about Trump?

something

That's a lot of factory-made mines.
Which region does it come from?