American Capitalism Delivers the Future (again)

>Amazon wins patent for a flying warehouse that will deploy drones to deliver parcels in minutes
>The U.S. e-commerce giant described plans for an "airborne fulfillment center" (AFC) such as an airship or blimp that would float at an altitude of around 45,000. The airship will be stocked with lots of products.
>When a customer places an order, a drone or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) will fly down and deliver the package.

cnbc.com/2016/12/29/amazon-flying-warehouse-deploy-delivery-drones-patent.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/12/29/amazon-flying-warehouse-deploy-delivery-drones-patent.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sucks I live in Ohio and will never see this in my lifetime.

>enemy UAV detected

I've always wanted a skeet shoot pinata

Good you will be safer when their successors in law enforcement are weaponized to eliminate those with genetic abnormalities or dissident thoughts

N-No goy! You need to pay for the land you store your warehouses on!

fee gibs for niggers and hispanics

>patent
means nothing, they're probably just doing this just in case a certain (((aerospace launch company))) gets uppity and decides it wants a 4,400 satellite internet constellation AND a flying blimp.

apple i believe also patented TV ads that require user input as well, they've never done anything with it.

this is why I bought a gun

so if you shot down the blimp you could get all the packages and become rich?

How the fuck do they intend to keep an entire warehouse airborne?

THE AGE OF THE DIRIGIBLE IS BACK, GENTLEMEN

>using ancient blimp technology

this is just an autistic pipe dream

It only takes one of these things to crash into a building or kill someone before the entire thing gets shut down

>ywn work on a blimp 45,000 feet ASL filling drone with products for consumers
>ywn have your own personal bunk with a computer and internet and a fully glass floor to look down at all the peons toiling away for scraps
>ywn parachute down when you get your 2 weeks leave every 6 months

they don't, but patenting the idea gives them publicity

so they probably won't fly over urban areas

they've had the patent for years, media just dug it up recently

Hasn't this shit been around for like, 3 years now? I've heard about this before.

To all the hurp durp gonna shoot it down people,
isnt this considered mail tampering? Youd be fined and jailed out the ass

Blimps don't pop when shot

>t. Raven Industries aerostat engineer

It's only mail tampering if it touches the US Postal Service, I think. This would be an independent service not unlike UPS.

its actual a federal crime
drones are now counted the same as small planes

>cnbc.com/2016/12/29/amazon-flying-warehouse-deploy-delivery-drones-patent.html
>a fucking balloon

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So even if it isn't mail tampering, it's shooting down a fucking plane according to the law.

>you will live to see air pirates raiding flying warehouses being chased by PMC's

>bright flashes everywhere
>thick clouds appear
>Drumpf did it
>look at your mexican colleagues, only slight humming of engines in background
>you take the warehouse to maximum altitude to escape fallout in atmosphere
>eventually begin opening packages bc fuck it
>keep one that was to be delivered like in Castaway, although the recipient is most likely dead
>still get radiation sickness
>everyone is miserable
>no fast-paced shift work, just silence and caughs
>open hedge
>jump

TFW You live long enough to become a sky pirate and fight against other blimp privateers.

why?

it's not like it's going to be easy to keep it stocked

and the drones are going to have to work a lot harder to generate enough lift in the thinner atmosphere at high altitude

HEY THERE! BLIMPY BOY! FLYING THROUGH THE SKY SO FANCY FREEE!

Amazon is inspired to do great things, They have the only 2 shows worth watching on earth right now. GT and Man in the high cuckle.
they offer tons of shit you cant even get in stores because the stores refuse to have fucking inventory because MUH MINIMUM WAGES SLAVES NEEDED ANOTHER BREAK ROOM

Amazon is STRETCHING YOUR PUSSYHOLE RETAIL STOREFAGGOTS.
BRICK AND MOTOR BTFO INTO OBLIVION.

AMAZON SHALL BE THE ONE TRUE COMPANY

THE WORLD MONOPOLY

>mfw the robot apocalypse is really going to happen, but instead of outright killing humans they just lose their jobs to automation

meatbags on suicide watch

inb4 a drone drops a 85" OLED 4K tv on your car

>you lived long enough to see the age of air pirates

This is a meme like the time Google said they'd give free Internet to everyone. There's no logical way flying a warehouse is more cost effective than putting it on the ground.

>fucking Jews should give me land for free

Love this

Kek

hold on what the fuck

so you can get a drone to spy on your neighbors wife and he cannot do anything or he becomes a terrorist?

we have a similar problem here, our councils now have drones and are spying on us to fine us (for having unauthorised pool with no child safety fencing, even if the person has no children).

it's fucked.

The feels dude. I fucking loved that game. Titan mode is hands down one of the most exciting and fun modes I've ever played in a game. The BF4 one isn't nearly as fun/cool.

Just have a fleet of giant trucks for all the various items, they are on the road at any moment all over the US and launch resupply drones or just deliver directly via drone, and they in turn operate from giant land-based Amazon cruisers, gargantuan warehouses on tracks that plow through the countryside. And the global economy and daily life center around ordering and delivering packages through Amazon. Society is organized accordingly into two castes: Order people and Delivery people. Although the order people are the upper 10% that simply own everything and order shit to all the their properties, as well as rationed supplies to their rental properties in which their quasi-slave Delivery tennents live.