Sup Forums book club. Why don't we do this?

Why don't we pick a book from the pol booklist each month, read it and have weekly discussions on them?

I JUST finished Camp of Saints and am dying to talk about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

polbooks.wordpress.com/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks
jrbooksonline.com/pdfs/camp_of_the_saints.pdf
strawpoll.me/11996145
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've read it before and am "that guy" that puts it every book thread. Spoopy isn't it?

polbooks.wordpress.com/

The problem with book clubs is that we're all dying to speak about those things which happen to interest US at any given moment and not necessarily what other people are interested in. Perhaps I'm not interested in Camp of the Saints right now. But all people with unorthodox views should be real well and, in fact, better read than most, as they will be called upon to defend their opinions much more than people who simply absorb the current ideology.

no shit, maybe you subverted me you faggiot. thanks for the subversion.

mandatory. thanks.

We could decide by vote, or general sentiment.

Just finished that myself user. Amazing how it was written in the 70's but predicts the fall of the West. Was a kind of sad ending though. Guess that is what would happen.

BTW, going to read Death of The West next.

Well, the only way you can do a book club seem to be to say "I will be reading this. Is anyone else interested?" and you grab what you can. Basically, you don't form a "club" than then select a book AS A CLUB. Rather, you select a book as an individual which you know you're gonna read no matter what and then you invite people along for the ride. There is then a club for a book, and not the reverse.

I think it's the only way to have people committed to the reading. Otherwise people get more or less coerced into reading something they don't feel like reading because a plurality of the people voted for a book they didn't feel like reading. You may even end up in a situation where a majority of the people are committed to reading something they don't wanna read.

You're welcome. Prophecy aside it is a great book and it reads like itnwas written yesterday. The author even touched on soulless Asians with the hapa wife and libtards screaming about how white people all came from the brown people.

It is literally Sup Forums the novel, but people would rather LARP about Meditiations.

Battlefield Earth, the ultimate red pill

Also very good. If you want something a little more American-centric, check out Suicide of a Superpower. Death of the West reads like a sequel to that, and is a broader stroke.

True, I was surprised he wasn't thrilled what happened to his wife. Maybe if they got to the Ganges Fleet and it happened he would have cheered.

I made a thead earlier about it. The best way to call it is 'weaponized altruism' , like pathological altruism but directed, concerted and purposefully concocted by leftist subverters.

I also love how much he both hated and loved the Church.

>mfw he predicted a Marxist South American would become Pope and betray the church and europe

Anyone else get a perverse sort of satisfaction reading about the bastion of the west at the end? Those guys felt really alive. Their humor and sentiment about it all was so... Western Civilization. Just a bunch of chaps not taking the end of the world too seriously and willing to go down in a fight.

Read it a few months ago, depressing as fuck.

>Anyone else get a perverse sort of satisfaction reading about the bastion of the west at the end?

Yeah, it was a real big "I told you so" along with some good bantz. Kind of reminds me of the sentiment and attitude of The Comedian in Watchmen if you have seen it.

currently reading these two, anyone interested?

>mfw they got Switzerland

those guys had top tier bants. It was like watching Constantinople fall from the inside, which i believe was the point.

Tell me more about these.

Been reading a lot about French Indochina lads. Read Devil's Guard before pic related, great read but questionable as a depiction of real history.

Looks great, gonna add it to my list.

Thanks m8

I found it depressing and inspirational, it isn't like the battle is over. But mostly how accurate even some of the details are. Still an amazing read and one of my favorite novels, politics aside.

Europeans don't need to read it, they're living it.

I like the Constantinople analogy. I always likened it to this:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

That's true, but Raspail scaaaaaaathingly fucking dissects the entire leftist ideology. He calls them 'mind masters' inverting all values and manipulating our best trait which is our altruance (allowing us to cooperate and create humane societies) while also taking away our fierce warrior spirit.

He also describes perfectly how the Church was one of the biggest useful idiots. A god damned south american marxist of all things. Really makes you think

Butbthey don't have to have thebsame ending, that's the frustrating part.

It's a great idea, take the initiative guy. Those Sup Forums monthly book downloads were done by just one guy. Just create a professional looking Sup Forums book of the month template before the 1st of January and then choose a book. And post it every day for a week, then it will probably take on a life of its own. I could imagine it being an ongoing discussion from the outset as some people would have obviously read the book already. One ideas I can think of is that you could post an ongoing straw poll within the monthly thread with 10 options for the next month.

>South American Marxist

Also a Jesuit, which are essentially he Freemasons of Christianity

>taking away our fierce warrior spirit.
Is Bane ever wrong?

>Just create a professional looking Sup Forums book of the month template
Tell me more about this. I am pretty good with the cyber but i'm not sure what kind of template i could create. pic related

Yet he was the bad guy? More subversion. I truly believe that.

Was he really? Shit, haha

> the Church

Which gets into the whole Second Coucil bullshit, which was VERY controversial and fresh at the time, especially in France. It really reads like subversion, and without putting on tinfoil, is hard to talk about. But, it probably is the worst thing to happen to the Church in modern history.

Be with the last sane people of "the West." Have some great food and laughs. Stand tall to the onslaught of villainous traitors. The part that was touched on that really got me was how there were countless flyers ready to bomb a hand full of resistance while not accepting their own fate.

>Still an amazing read and one of my favorite novels

I agree, it is also one of my favorite novels. The sad reality is that Raspail has said that if he wrote TCotS today he would be imprisoned. Modern literature is simply not allowed to describe the realities presented in the novel.

Though if I could mention one gripe about TCotS, it would be that he never names the Jew, but I realize that if he did he probably would never have gotten published.

>Tell me more about this. I am pretty good with the cyber but i'm not sure what kind of template i could create. pic related

Get to work Goyim. Let's all give it a go and post what we make. Also we can agree on Camp of the Saints as the inagraul book of the month. We can start putting forward nominations for February. I will say Hamsun Knut, Growth of the Soil.

I'd actually be on board, but wouldnlike to make a suggestion from experience. Make the book announcement the month prior. So February's book is announced on Jan 1, that way you have time to buy, watch for sales, or are just busy.

And if you finish a book early, move onto the next. I know I can't be tje only one who has crunch times at work.

>But, it probably is the worst thing to happen to the Church in modern history.
Apparently, and please dont ask for a source but try and google it yourself, the current antipope was dissuading the youth AWAY from traditional mass despite them having a greater disposition to do so. In other words, the youth want the pre Vatican 2 lifestyle and this marxist hue wants to lead them astray.

>Be with the last sane people of "the West." Have some great food and laughs. Stand tall to the onslaught of villainous traitors. The part that was touched on that really got me was how there were countless flyers ready to bomb a hand full of resistance while not accepting their own fate.
Exactly. 100,000 soldiers mobilized, 15 stayed loyal. They somehow had the willpower to bomb their own, and not the invaders of the hooligans?

I didn't want as many feels as those last few scenes gave me. I knew it was going to be a badass when the professor at the beginning just outright blasts that faggot leftist in the chest in the first chapter. I was hooked.

>I didn't want as many feels as those last few scenes gave me. I knew it was going to be a badass when the professor at the beginning just outright blasts that faggot leftist in the chest in the first chapter. I was hooked.

Same. Thought it was going to be a rougher read. That first part with that legend. Amazing. BLAH BLAH MAN! WE ARE THE PEOPLE NOW. "Oh, let me get my hat..." Ha. After that I really got into it. I pictured myself after my kids move away, fending off the horde. I guess the modern version would be us shitposting as well.

>Get to work Goyim. Let's all give it a go and post what we make. Also we can agree on Camp of the Saints as the inagraul book of the month. We can start putting forward nominations for February. I will say Hamsun Knut, Growth of the Soil.

Sounds good. Camp of the Saints as inaugral book. It's available on the pol list.

What do you have for a template? That's where i'm stuck. Just Sup Forums book club with the cover? Something a bit more snazzy maybe?

My idea is to have most of our books be right from the recommended reading list, that way many poltards are on the same page.

>Jew
Well he mentions the the Church issues, whichcwas (and is) considered kikery. Fun fact, the Second Council is considered heresy by some traditional Catholics, like Mel Gibson.

>jail
There's the truth right there. It would be banned so quickly. It is no mystery that this book was praised when it came out and afterwatds, then in the 1990s it disappeared.

Raspail was such a great writer, but no kne talks about him because this book would resurface.

>Same. Thought it was going to be a rougher read. That first part with that legend. Amazing. BLAH BLAH MAN! WE ARE THE PEOPLE NOW. "Oh, let me get my hat..." Ha. After that I really got into it. I pictured myself after my kids move away, fending off the horde. I guess the modern version would be us shitposting as well.
That's exactly how i felt. I thought it would be a slog, one of those books you are forced to read, and then BAM motherfucker, a good commie is a dead commie now let's listen to some Mozart while the world burns. So damned good.

Besides its polemical nature it's also just a damned good novel. Engages you the whole way. Cool characters the whole way. Lots of sardonic and laconic wit.

I'd be fine with that. My biggest constrain is time. I've also been itching to reread CotS, I usually do every fews years. Was about to start Dune, but I can wait on that.

A Sup Forums book club would be really nice. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who doesn't read as much as they should. It would be nice to talk about them as well.

understood. I need to ponder on this some more. I wanted to gauge interest and there seems to be interest, Very cool.

Glad to hear.

Most people want the pre-Vatican 2 liturgy. My mother is super Catholic and all her church friends talk about this. Most traditionalists think it is subversion, so I believe what you say is definitely possible.

It's like what Ford said about the Protocals. I don't know if it real or not, but I know it is acting out the same way. I'm paraphrasing obviously.

>Sup Forums book club
Would be nice. I'm starting to get into reading and self-improvement myself.
>Mfw going authoritarian right over the years has slowly made me a better person, especially the more authoritarian I go

Well threads come and go here very quickly. If you would like to ponder on it, you should name a time (like to the minute) on the subject.

Maybe work out the details on /lit/, then come back here whencall the wrinkles are inroned out? That way we won't have to worry about thread sliding as much.

>That way we won't have to worry about thread sliding as much.
This has been a huge issue for me. I've made this thread like 4 times in the past few days. Good idea.

>Mfw going authoritarian right over the years has slowly made me a better person, especially the more authoritarian I go
>tfw you want to better yourself the more you want to be part of something beyond yourself

funny how that works!

Man I loved when the European guy blew away that demoralized subversive cuck with his shotgun.

The good guy knew he was going to be over run by shit skins in the morning no matter what he did, but he could still kill that commie faggot that evening.

>reading and self-improvement
Remember to switch it up. Don't read stat book after stat book, etc. Just like at the gym, switch up your routine, keep yourself interested. I started reading some sci-fi (Heinlein, Asimov) just for variation.

Also remember, it is not about motigation, it is about discipline. If you have to start finding reasons to convince yourself to do something, you have already lost. Best of luck.

If you haven't really read before, I highly recommend this book

A redpilled book about becoming patrician and the western ideals, mostly through reading and learning. And the faults of the average normie.

It will make you want to read.

Yeah. Once we get book 1 down, times we will meet/vote we can have our discussions here so we don't get b& by those marxist fags. Then we can just maintain a schedule here after the first month. Keep the day of the week and time of day the same every month.

truly the best part of the book involved him.

it's so important to not just read autism books. reading creative, imaginative books is important too. I like CotS because it's a mix of both.

That's a good point. We'll keep this thread alive til it dies, and afterwords i'll start making final moves. I can't make any promises because tomorrow is new years and half of you goys better not just be sitting here all night like i will be (am alone this year)

>Man I loved when the European guy blew away that demoralized subversive cuck with his shotgun.

It doesn't have to start on the 1st. We can meet back here on the 5th or 10th and pick a smaller book for the first one. CotS is not even that big.

How about this: we meet next Friday at this time 10pm EST on /lit/ and we hammer out the details. I really will put a reminder on my phone for it.

And like I said earlier, we can come back here and make annoucements once the details are hammered out.

And when do we meet? Each Fri, or will it be sporadic?

>How about this: we meet next Friday at this time 10pm EST on /lit/ and we hammer out the details. I really will put a reminder on my phone for it.
Sounds good. I will do the same right now. Writing it down before i put post.

Done. Let's do Camp of the Saints 100% though. I think every polack should read it.

Well, I am bumping. If thisnthread dies I will come back next week at the specifics above and try to finalize something.

that's what we will discuss. Probably each Friday, same time, same format. Then we start on the next book ever, 3-4 weeks however the weeks fall with the months.

Yeah, I've already downloaded the PDF.

If anyone wants the PDF you can get it at
jrbooksonline.com/pdfs/camp_of_the_saints.pdf .
Tell me if you have a better PDF though.

Okay. Sounds good. I agree about Sup Forums reading it, it really is that good and accurate. So /lit/, Friday the 6th, at 10pm EST. Sounds good. Think about a book 2 , and which days/times are good for you for meeting.

copy. i'll keep bumping this thread for getting the word out.

I will dump oc i made now

I will be sure to include the appropriate links for sure. The Sup Forums wordpress mega dump will be in every general we will make.

Kt is easiest to do it based on day of the week. Most people's Tuesdays are going to be consistent, but if you all meet on tje 15th it could be on a busy day of the week, etc. Consider Holidays, while meeting on the 3rd of every month seems good now, it could be an issue in July.

From my experience, it is easiest on a weekday closer to the middle of the month using the day of the week (2nd Friday of the month, etc.)

Noice and saved. Got my alarm set, on MST hence the time difference.

whoever is there first makes the thread?

Sure, np. I'll use the CotS cover for familiarity.

i'll end up making a template like new zealand said. It'll involve the book cover and some other stuff. I am excited.

Redpill me on Houllebecq

Me, too. I have friends that are avid readers, but they won't read this type of stuff.

I've only read submission, it's the most decadent and depraved book I've ever read, but it's also strangely red pillled, it's written by a leftist who has been broken by reality.

It's certainly more depressing than CotS, which despite the west falling is exuberant I'm doing so.

/lit/ had a right-wing reading list thread the other day, with a chart and everything.

>he fell for the VAPORWAVE is the alt-right aesthetic meme

that thread was a joke user, and this is an embarassment. nu-80's aesthetic has no place in a traditionalist movement. take your memes and fucking trash them please. especially the ones where you mix evolian slogans or actual "art" with this shitty nu-male aesthetic.

Thanks. I'll look into that list.

>evalion
don't mention that shabbos goy ever again

Fight me in real life. Or shut the fuck up. It's an idea that people like, it's okay if you don't. Reaction is the way of the future and memes like that reinforce it, just like fashwave does.

Get with the times, make something of your own or get the fuck out.

Start by removing the Potok novel. /lit/'s definition of "right-wing" is different than Sup Forums's

This is my shitty attempt at a template. So we need something like this I think.

I also made a poll with some book suggestions for February. What do you guys think?

strawpoll.me/11996145

>The Chosen
>Chaim Potok

Holy fuck that reads like a fake Twitter account. Yeah, I'm going to have to vet that list. There are some good ones on there, just from glancing.

>strawpoll.me/11996145
Nice, keep up the good work.

>tfw my local bookstore refuses to carry knut hamsun books because "muh nazi"

>strawpoll.me/11996145
thanks for following through my man. I like this idea. looks good. I voted.

i will continue my fashwave dump because fuck the haters

>#74
Jeez, how many are there? Did you make them yourself?

Holy crap thanks for this user.

>my bookstore refuses to a carry a fucking book to sell that a customer wants
What? I shouldn't even act surprised anymore.

I made them all myself and no, it's false abundance.

Before I forget, we should think of some universal topic starts for discussion. Like favorite/least favorite part, underlying messages, what the authornwas thinking, etc.

Only since it is Sup Forums have some redpilled subjects/questions

We only need like 3-4 questions for it to move the conversation.

Yeah, there are a lot of these around, but that one is actually really good. Best one I've seen on Sup Forums so far.

>Complains about our nice art.
>Posts Anime

Kill yourself.

>Before I forget, we should think of some universal topic starts for discussion. Like favorite/least favorite part, underlying messages, what the authornwas thinking, etc.

that's a great point. Some basic questions to get the ball rolling. And not retarded shit like "was it the jews hurr" but constructive questions "how did the ((( subversion ))) take place" as an example for CotS since subversion was one of the main thematic elements.

thanks user.

>false abundance
Nice, like the history of the name SEAL Team Six

I was in there earlier this week and was actually looking for Growth of the Soil. They didn't have it, so I asked one of the guys that works there and he said they don't carry works by "fascist, racist" authors.
It's a small independent bookstore in a majority liberal town, so it's not like they're hurting their business by refusing to carry the works of a dead Norwegian most people haven't heard of, but still.

>Nice, like the history of the name SEAL Team Six
Exactly. I've learned a thing or two about subversion.

Exactly. All book clubs do this, but it would be nice to be Sup Forums related, or else what's the point?

>fascist, racist
But I bet they carry Che. Hypocritical fags.

thanks for the pdf link.

I see the modern SJW in that leftist that professor shoots dead. ideologically they are part of a continuum, and if many SJWs don't explicitly believe they desire this future, the direction their actions take - the targets they're aiming at - are doing nothing to contradict that impression.

>I've learned a thing or two about subversion.
Me too, I got you to read CotS, didn't I? Jk.

>said they don't carry works by "fascist, racist" authors.
This triggers me.

>I see the modern SJW in that leftist that professor shoots dead. ideologically they are part of a continuum, and if many SJWs don't explicitly believe they desire this future, the direction their actions take - the targets they're aiming at - are doing nothing to contradict that impression.
I respect that good (dead) commie more because he was straight up about his intentions. He did not hide behind anything. He was very intent on wanting to destroy our civilization and our people.

>Me too, I got you to read CotS, didn't I? Jk.
haha you got me, too true, too true

I'd like this I've always wanted to get involved in a book club. Set up some sort of web page or forum then so we can keep track of the book each month. An imageboard isn't an ideal place for it except to advertise it.

Ok Call of the Saints, will read, what date will we discuss by?

Hammering out the details next week, but Camp of the Saints will be book 1. Since it will be January's book, at the end of the month, most likely.

The details of talking about it are above if interested.

Talking about when to set up the discussion/Feb book, not talking about the Camp of the Saints.

I networked with an user before Christmas about starting a /rpg/ Red Pill General thread here regularly. We would make an essential pastebin of information to bring newfags up to speed and have lots of links all the time like TrumpGen does.

The Book Archives as well as the Book Club seem like an important part of this.

We can't afford to sit around complaining about the state of the world anymore. It is time to take what we have learned, apply it to our lives, as well as organize real change from the ground up. (Trump isn't going to save us) The drastic changes that need to happen to save the west must come from within.

meeting next friday, the 6th of the non current year, to hash out. This was to gauge interest. But get the book, download the book and you'll be ahead of the curve.