For those of you not from the anglophone

For those of you not from the anglophone

>germany
>sweden
>turkey
>russia
>macedonia

ect ect..

why do you all speak english. why is english so important to you. did you learn english just for Sup Forums? are you forced to learn english in highschool? Did you learn english on your own at home?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inb4 OP cant speak english... I speak Acadian (combined french/english)

Anglo culture dominates the weak german one.
We are forced to learn english in school, but the language itself isn't that difficult to learn so it's taught all around the world which makes it usefull I guess.

>implying german is difficult

English is the international language of business. Also, it's a Germanic language so it's very easy for us Swedish to learn.

As a native speaker I can't really judge that. There are a lot of foreigners who complain about it though, so there have to be people that are having troubles learning this language.

Because the US is the only superpower, and they dominate the entire west, so learning their language is very useful

Okay so its not even really a talking point... I would feel like in the non anglo countries there would be SJWs singing "muh oppressive english" and english would be banned in school systems
its funny how everyone hates the Anglo man and his countries while simultaneously striving to be exactly like him

Fuck your half non-language. Next your gonna say creole is it's own language.

You literally can't trust any native English speakers opinion on language learning or linguistics.

They don't even understand the practicalities of tonal and gendered languages.

they're lazy

As a native english speaker, learning german in high school and university really enhanced my understanding and awareness of english grammar. A lot of the quirks of german syntax and structure are more subtly implied in english.

ah oui toi facile que ton meme fou et besoin massive gets pour ton fete plusier du monde.

Because everyone else on the internet speaks it, DUH.
It's the same reason why babies start speaking the language of their parents, not some alien language.

We learn it because it's easy and almost everyone else speaks it, so you have to learn one language instead of dozens

I learned engish in school and i can't imgaine my life without it.
It lets me shitpost daily with people from all over the world and actually get a fucking job.

I learned English because it's the international language, not because of some weird pol ideas. It's simply a useful thing to know. I also speak Russian and Hebrew. Would like to learn another language later on. Can't know too many, they're so useful.

English is the world's Lingua Franca, so why wouldn't you speak it?

>combined french/english

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY

Because nitwit, developed european countires realize that English is the only real option for an 'international' language. The most powerful country in the world since colonialism has been an english speaking country. That exported english all over the world and made sure it was the language of international business. English is the second language of every country that matters. Eventually everyone will speak english unless china finds a way to completely overturn US hegemony before we develop Strong AI.

>when your country got cuked b both france and ritain

TOP KEK
O
P
K
E
K

nationalism

>are you forced to learn english in highschool?
In regular school, from first grade. It's important to learn English, it's a world language and every device in world use it by default, most of movies and songs are in English.

Our Jewish overlord has spoken!
HAVA NAGINA HAVA

i heard english is fucking easy when you speak german

German being difficult is a meme, I don't know where it started, but it's not as difficult as it is made to be.

probably by someone who speaks only one language and tried to learn German.

Stop looking at my flag goy.
And remember that knowledge is power.

Sauce on op.

how much do cell phone data plans cost in Israel

Asalam-mu-alei-kum, English derived from Arab, a Muslim language. Technically, Arabs (Muslims) invented English

Bump

Fuck off Mike

I have no Idea where the picture came from sorry. I think its just one of those ladies at Renaissance fairs

Reminder that Sup Forums has always been anti-racism and pro-Israel. Racists can go away please

Real language died out when the irish raped us all, now we just evolved a retarded dialect of english, some people speak retarded irish.

Next.

When for example africans invent a superior computer and/or OS, I'll start learning swahili. Till then, English is the language of the information age.

Some language had to be the lingua-francia of the planet earth. Might as well be English at this point.

It's modern lingua franca, we learn it in school because it's something that's going to be useful to us. Like computer sciences that's being taught these days. It's not a trend just practicality. Sure you could argue about globalisation, cultural imperialism etc but it's just a useful thing to know.

She's too attractive to be at a ren faire

t. regular attendee

Why does that white cow is even holding a rifle blank case?

I used to live in Texas.

I'm learning german as my 5th language, the hardest thing for me is "der/die/das", the rest is just the usual stuff, its not really hard, but definitly harder than english.

remove "does". the fuck I wrote.

I weep with frustration at the completely pointless system of referring to objects by whether they have a penis, vagina or neither.

I thank all the waves of conquerors and migrants whose conflagration resulted in the conception of the singularly brilliant word "the."

have some respect

you probably do not imagine how vulnerable we are

regarding English: it is modern Latin, pretty useful to know and to communicate in many countries

I speak 4 language

French, English, Quebecois and Franglais.

>tfw literally cant tell if your being sarcastic or not
This is what people unironically believe.

Being a nerd, Internet really improved my English. Before the Internet age, I spoke pretty shitty English like the majority of the people in Austria, but now I'm almost on a native speaker level.

At least one good thing about hanging out on shitty online pages.

>ect

Macedonia is a country? That's what Soros is telling you?

>ect

>tfw literally cant tell if your being sarcastic or not
>your
Here's you're (you)

We basically learn it by ourselves naturally here.
All the movies are in their traditional language (english) and are never translated, same with tv shows.
I started going on the internet and played vidya (WoW, CS etc...) some year after we started with english education in school.
And yes, we are forced to learn english. We started with english education at age 9-10 in my school.
I learned english better and faster on the internet and in videogames than I did in school.

You all learn British English though, what you said makes no sense

Fakegreece is a country? That's what Fakegreeks telling you?

I'm not advocating for permitted-invasion as is happening in Current Year, I'm just summarizing my understanding of the origin of "the" that it was a result of people compromising among languages owing to the fact that only a plurality of the population spoke any given main language on the island.
Whatever, because I just love "the" from the bottom of my heart.
>t. semi-unsuccessful German student

>ect

Fucking leafs I swear to God

But no, I did not learn English just to shitpost. The truth is that English is the easiest language to learn, you would literally have to be retarded to not be able to speak it at an intelligible level. That's why Spics who live in the US but noooo no hablo Ingléééées should be deported outright, legal or not. If you can't learn English, you're basically not worth anything.

>those nails
Disgusting.

English is the most important class in high school altough education is shit, personally i learned it by myself. Also fuck islamism.

More like French who got fucked by the Eternal Anglo desu

>why is english so important to you
now i can chat up your mom and other canadian sluts

>All the movies are in their traditional language (english) and are never translated, same with tv shows.
this

faggot

>anglophone

All vidya was in english back then, you can get books in english cheaper and I like these parts of the internet better. A boy must do what a boy must do.

10/10 common languaje, would recommend.

The Albano-gypsy diaspora is strong in this one.

Though we learn English in school, influence of English in Russia is pretty low. So only 10-15% of people can keep conversations in rudimentary English at best. Personally, I learned English myself because of personal wishes.

English in high school, plus movies and tv aren't dubbed here. Young males in most countries learn at least some basic English because of video games.

I learned English mostly from playing video games.

A lingua franca is the gloablist's dream.

Fuck Acadians. Either speak french or speak english. Dont fucking mix the two.

- Quebec

>why do you all speak english. why is english so important to you. did you learn english just for Sup Forums? are you forced to learn english in highschool? Did you learn english on your own at home?
I learned English both from playing video games and in school.

Almost everyone in every country ends up learning English at some point because most influential media is in English. It's generally a pretty good "standard" language because accents don't impair pronouncation too much, so that you can understand anyone who speaks it decently.

also what said, German internet culture is so fucking cancerous with no exceptions.

>why do you all speak english.
I needs it for academia and menes
>why is english so important to you.
because
>did you learn english just for Sup Forums?
jesus, no
>are you forced to learn english in highschool?
broke no sweat on it
>Did you learn english on your own at home?
I never learned it purposefully, it just stuck.

Have you ever thought that the transgender problem originated from America where you do not give a sex to everything?
Also, you invented a difference between gender and sex.

I do not understand "where you do not give a sex to everything?".

There isn't though, I can't see anyone complaining about the cultural dominance of English and American entertainment, not in my country at least.

I learned it by browsing the web in NEET mode.

we all got cucked by the eternal anglo in the end

>I feel like in a non anglo country people would hate an english takeover
>I can't see anyone complaining about the cultural dominance of English and American entertainment
>FUCKING ITALIAN
>IN THE ANGLO SPHERE

how are articles hard? You have the same in english, its just not that appararent but you dont say "Earth is doomed, /he/ is ridden by a terrible disease called humanity."

most words are universally called by the same pronouns anyway in english and german

Die Erde
The Earth(female)

This thread gives me such a fucking hard on.

God Save the Queen.

In French, as well as in many languages, every object or concept is either masculine or feminine.
For example, here are masculine words:
Le soleil (the sun)
Le stylo (the pen)
Le pont (the bridge)
Here are feminine words:
La lune (the moon)
La règle (the rule)
La porte (the door)

Some languages even have a neutral gender for some words

Sauce on this qt

Germany got Anglo'd

>Asalam-mu-alei-kum, English derived from Arab, a Muslim language. Technically, Arabs (Muslims) invented English

Wait, what?

I really don't get the point of that, as a native english speaker. Why should objects have genders?

When will you actually learn English, OP?

>did you learn english just for Sup Forums?
That and vidya

They shouldn't, it's a load of bollocks.

>words having gender

hahhahahahahahaha kys

is that like tagalog? a bastardization language?

You should not believe that we (wherever we might come from) are the stereotypical german Internet users, we're an elite (I know cringy) for sure, most Germans are like most people, really stupid and ignorant, I doubt even 30% of our voting age population could tell you when WW2 took place exactly, believing that those same people would be able to converse in English the same we do on this website would be retarded. The most interesting part to me is how bad Americans are at english.

To get back to the point, I spent a lot of time with videogames(online), hobbies(that I had to use the internet for) on the internet growing up, I also love movies and watch them exclusively in the original language(even if its cantonese, which I like actually), so it kind of came natural to me, I would be terrible at English if it wasnt for my interests, and I dont spend a second on german websites.

Shit just rubs off onto you, thats how language should be right.

>tfw there is no concept of grammatical gender in Hungarian
>tfw there are no transgenders

i was forced to learn it because i couldn't finds subs for my favorite tv shows

North Rustico (kinda) checking in.

gas the kikes tbqh

I learn english from mr bean

I understand why it's confusing from an American point of view. But read what I wrote again : the transgender problem originated from an english speaking country where gender and sex have different meanings.
My theory is that gendering things is a natural thing to do (we can see that because almost every language does it), and that not doing it results in LGBTQBBQAUJ?DJHDJD++ bullshit

the social justice warriors hate him, click here to find out why

france needs to evolve its language to accomodate for all 6 gorillian genders

"he is gay"

"she is a faggot"

there, we have genders in english, what the fuck are you talking about franco?

we just dont name shit like THE FUCKING MOON into a female and the SUN into a male... that is some retarded desert religion shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
This is the cause of transgenderism, also the jews