UH OH ITS A /LIT/ TIER THREAD

Post books you've read and recommend that don't go along the pol narrative.

Rules: No Communism/ Marxism

Other urls found in this thread:

jordanbpeterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Peterson-JB-Maps-of-Meaning-Routledge-1999.pdf
amazon.ca/True-Myth-Black-Vikings-Themiddle/dp/1466960035
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jordanbpeterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Peterson-JB-Maps-of-Meaning-Routledge-1999.pdf

these are all such treasures about REAL HERstory

Please tell me that's a shoop.

I read Gates of Fire after I saw Mattis talking about it. It was pretty good.

I wanted some not bullshit recommendations, but all I'm getting is Kangz

amazon.ca/True-Myth-Black-Vikings-Themiddle/dp/1466960035

what's in this book that detracts from the Sup Forums narrative?...

WE

>imblying there are any non-bullshit recommendations

>books that don't affirm the Sup Forums narrative
>factual books
choose one

Woman destroy civilizations

VI-KANGZ

I feel like pic related does a legitimately good job explaining the phenomenon behind a lot of recent conservative male political movements, from the manosphere to the alt-right

Also, on a more academic and less pop sociology note, Society of the Spectacle, by Debord.

>inb4 REEEEEEE Marxism

It's Situationism. Different.

Book? You can't fool me into looking at the paper Jew.

>Raised to expect unparalleled social and economic privilege, white men are suffering today from what Kimmel calls "aggrieved entitlement": a sense that those benefits that white men believed were their due have been snatched away from them.
>When America's white men feel they've lived their lives the ‘right' way – worked hard and stayed out of trouble – and still do not get economic rewards, then they have to blame somebody else
> Kimmel argues that they should walk openly and honorably alongside those they've spent so long trying to exclude, in order to be happier and healthier.

>white men have the foresight to see that forced diversity, multiculturalism, displacement-level immigration and current race-mixing trends will inevitably lead to the extinction of the white race
>you aren't allowed to be angry at this
>angry white men should learn their place

It's a thread asking for books that go against the Sup Forums narrative. What were you expecting?

10/10 book, incredibly cynical but shows you why so many rulers seem incompetent at a glance, and why the national interest is just a meme

FULL BLOWN SHIT but I'm still angry

This is on my 2017 read list already. One review says it's the prince tier, I'm skeptical but still wanna read it.

>THE FALL OF PUBLIC MAN is a book in the great tradition of sociological scholarship. Sennett writes first of the tension between the public and private realms in which we live, arguing that different types of behaviour and activity are appropriate in each. He argues that the barrier between these different realms has been eroded, and that this breakdown is so profound that public man has been left with no certain idea of his role in society. Sennett sees the development of the city as the single most important element of the social change he describes, and puts his argument in its historical perspective through an analysis of the changes in our built environment from the 18th century to the present day.

Sennett is a lefty like his dad, a member of the commie party, but I took a lot from this book. Read it before Sup Forums tho, time to revisit it come to think of it.

I'd say it definitely is, you won't regret reading it

A reasonably unbiased and well sourced book about pre contact injuns.

>implying the few women leaders in history of note weren't exceptions to the rule
>implying there isn't a rule
>implying these women didn't find success because they acted more like men then women, i.e. competently and with reason rather than acting on emotion
I don't really buy too much into the Sup Forums meme that women have no place leading society but c'mon now, its extremely easy to fit the book in the OP image into the Sup Forums narrative or to dismiss it as being an exception to a rule. Admittedly I only looked at a general synopsis to see what content and figures the book covered but still

Some more non-groupthink recommendations to piss people off.

On white working class politics:
>Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
>What's the Matter with Kansas: How Conservatives Won the Heart of America

On African-American politics:
>The Souls of Black Folk
>The Fire Next Time

On Islamic politics:
>The Koran: A Reformist Translation
>No god but God

I was expecting a book like that to come up, that doesn't mean I can't respond to the content of the book.

on that note, the fact that you consider that the book does a "legitimately good job explaining the phenomenon behind a lot of recent conservative male political movements" implies that you yourself believe this load of horsecrap.
White men exist in an eternal victim culture? Please, white men are successful in the world because they don't assume they have privilege, they actually go to the uni and enter the skilled workforce. They actually enter business and become entrepreneurs rather than expect it all to fall in their lap like women and blacks do, which is where the real victim culture lurks. And when a white man does fall prey to victim culture, and entitlement, he actually goes nowhere, just like everyone else. There isn't some magic mechanism that guarantees that a white man can sit on his ass and still become wealthy (except the lottery or inheritance, but these are both rare exceptions). The societal trend for white men is that they expect to have to become educated in order to become successful and wealthy, and that they expect that have to work to move up in the world, rather than rely on political mechanisms to do this for them.
You are now aware that when feminists and blacks say that white men rely on the government and internalized structures to advance themselves, they are in fact projecting.

No Communism/Marxism sounds like my kind of thread

Sure, I'm not saying it's generally true. It's just an exception which fits against the common narrative.

I like you, you can be spared from being RAKED.

>implying these go against the Sup Forums narrative

>No god but God
>The Koran: A Reformist Translation
The descriptions I've read of these make them sound like Islamic apologism bullcrap that is removed from actual Islamic culture and values so they can market a "good, enlightened Islam yay!" to Western intellectuals who want to virtue signal.

>Rules: No Communism/Marxism

I just started Jacques Ellul's Technological Society and he is very gracious towards Marx, I think we should look at Marx aeperately from the Communist horrors his ideology spawned, because he has contributed a lot to philosophical analysis of economics and society.

Either way I suggest "The Technological Society" by Jacques Ellul.

>Revisionist bullshit

Fuck, didn't read OP, that book supports Sup Forums narrative