Can modern humans even make something like this?

Are we even physically capable of making architecture/statues like pic related anymore.

I see so many corner shops and tiny humble buildings from before 1920 with such intricate detail. Not even the most expensive palace from today can compete. Do skilled artisans like the people who made these works of art even exist anymore? Could we reproduce pre 1920 architecture even if we wanted to?

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349
youtube.com/watch?v=4NL1imQON5E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyOVmHLNOs&t=76s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Calatrava
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic related, built in 2008-2010, kazan, russia
rate

Seeing as everything has to be done yesterday and cheap.

Probably not.

They don't get built anymore because it costs a lot more money and a lot more time to sculpt it.

It's simply cheaper to build a pile of shit and call it "Brutalism"

Pic related, enjoy this disgusting pile of vile diarrhea

Looks like a pile of shit tobehonest

Just like your streets

Amirite?

Thanks, I know what that means from you.

Quite an honor

Yes its possible but most architecture schools have completely abandoned classicism and its nearly a dead art and people will have to make new schools

>Modern buildings
>cheap

Only cheap ass plaster built American cuck homes, yeah.

There are plenty of talented artisans around, it's just it takes a lot more time and money to build something like that.

You would be surprised what can be accomplished when there is money.

This was started in 1910 and finished around 1990.

While im against the whole mcmansion thing could you be so kind as to describe said cuck home?

The interior is still not completed.

pretty cucked desu

Honestly anything with siding makes me want to barf

I'm serious. It looks very hastily put together and out of place. What is it?

Thank you. This gives me hope.

Olomouc plague memorial. If you'd actually look at it from up close the detail is astounding

Is that a tree in the middle? Beautiful.

plaster/cardboard homes senpai. And the thing that drives me crazy is that these "houses" can be overpriced simply because of the land value surrounding said house

pic related is what my crib looks like

See

DESIGNATED SHITTING TREES

reminds me of our Pestsäule.

literally from my hometown. I've never been inside the alien bubble. they told me it's reserved for parties and such.

That's actually kinda cute

based russia
here you can see more new classical buildings:
skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349

That's not how you hang drywall

Primarily built out of wood and other shit materials, mass produced

Literally just commieblocks but low density and easier for tornados to completely destroy

it's not as bad as the brit tries to make it look.
it was part of a major modern art project along with the Mur-Insel (a bridged isle in the river right next to it where they host shows, concert and it has a Cafe too).

That's because Britain's best architect was an Arab Woman and you guys never appreciated her. Fuck off now.

>anything with siding

Spoken like a faggot that's never had to paint the entire exterior of a house or pay someone to do it. Even brick houses are just a brick facade anyway.

pic related btw.

Is it really so bad? I don't think it is.

Yes, when Liz dies based King Charles will usher in a new age for traditional architecture in Britain.

better

Stop pretending to know shit about architecture Pajeet, you know only shit.

>skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1022349
I love that thread, especially all the kitsch Chinese garbage.

Cowardly Xenophobes. I have a degree in Arch from Princeton and you have small dick syndrome.

at least he can contemplate the art.

Timestamp else LARP

The Kunsthaus is pure cancer. The architect should be shoot then hanged

czech m8

This reminds me of a story I read recently.

> Be King Ludwig of Bavaria
> Accused of being 'mad' for spending your money on shit
> One of those shit is a beautiful castle
> Be in huge debt
> Your relatives hate you
> Your life is a chaos
> You probably get assassinated

The problem with leaving impressive heritage for future generations to enjoy is that you need to sacrifice a lot for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NL1imQON5E

Victorians.

yes

his ancient church beats your ancient , only one solution.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyOVmHLNOs&t=76s

the world went from looking like a world to a gigantic chip board

>t. fatass too lazy to get a ladder and a bucket of paint
Worth it not to live in an ugly siding covered shitbox

>Xenophobes
You say that like it's an insult. How does it feel knowing your people aren't capable of building a first world country and you have to run to white people to teach you anything advanced?

I don't feel. I reason, unlike Americans.

Nice try, Doxxer

funny I dont remember a sand hoe designing big ben, hadrians wall or stonehenge

there are modern buildings that cost a lot of money and are utter shit. See pic related and other buildings by Santiago Calatrava
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Calatrava

since this thread is about art, culture, and history, maybe I can lend a hand.

PhD student in the History of Art at a top western university (home for the holidays); speciality includes architecture.

AMA

Yes! Every craftsman would absolutely love a project like that. However, most projects now days are all about cheap & fast.
I imagine US auto workers feel the same way about putting cheap shit together. My new truck: Handle breaks off in my hand while opening the door. Paper air freshener melt the plastic. New transmission @ 30,000 miles. New engine @ 60,000 miles. Welcome to the world of cheap shit.

If I had a millions of dollars and wanted to build pic related, who would I call?

meta

Fuck you

really made me think

depending on where you are, probably a real estate agent. That's a strange admix of style.

Honestly, stone masons are probably your best bet. The know-how is not lost but people aren't trained in those styles anymore. Generally though, I don't know much about this. Art, history, architecture is what I know; the practical means of building I don't know much more than the average person.

introspective paintings of artist's studios are really quite something else.

Do these things even have electricity? I'm sure they were comfy in 1790, but modern homes require space. You're just stacked like sardines on top of one another in creaky, old homes.

also I legitimately truly want all pajeets to fucking kill themselves on cam

no exaggeration, I would literally grow out my sideburns and kiss menachem's prayer shawl on my way to the cuck shed every day if it meant the extermination of every single one of you

i have no idea how people do it.

> reason

The only LITERALLY SHIT tier country speaks of reasoning.
> My name is Ranjit and I dream of becoming a reasonable taxi driver in US of A.

> Nice try, Doxxer
You can give timestamp without exposing yourself you ''Princeton'' retard, hahaha.

Here's an abomination that was added onto the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto

Fuck you

Of course since that was all restored pretty recently.

Great town by the way, really charming staro miasto, including the weird animal surrealist fountains

Nowhere to get food on a sunday night though

More like a degree in street defecation

This image gives me hope lad

That was Howard Roarks work asshole.

No architecture is dead. Modern architecture slew it.

Do you like niggers?

>pierre is inexplicable upset at someone focusing on making sure leftists and marxists don't fuck up our collective culture

pourquoi?

I'm sure it takes at least a century.

Now it would be some postmodern pattern welded piece of diagonal shit that celebrates interracial babies or some fucking shit. They're tearing churches down in protestant countries.

I'm on Sup Forums, what do you think?

whats your opinion on russian architecture?

Commie blocks look like the russian soul.

P O O

You don't have to include your name you fucking moron

Just a pic of your degree, blank out the name, and include today's date written on a piece of paper

Or we'll just assume you're a professional street pooer, your loss

impressive how we have so many bydlo in our country yet at the same time make these masterpieces.

First pic on top left of collage is one of the nicest buildings I've ever seen.

I swear to god the only explanation to this shit is the fact that it's all done in 3D and architects apparently can't create anything more complicated than a cube in 3D programs. Even a beveled cube is too much for them. If you're making cubes with spots that say "plant a tree here", you're pretty much a genius

>Nowhere to get food on a sunday night though

I grew up in a small town. Although it sucked for some, I miss it when we had a sense of community. This wasn't like 50 years ago, this was in the 90's. Then an advertising firm moved in and chain restaurants started moving in and turned into commercial hell.

I love the mixture b/w Imperial, Baroque, Rococo and neoClassical. Art Nouveau staircases are the only nice addition of 20th c architecture, but I have zero clue how prevalent it is in Russia.

Russia gets glossed over in most schools that don't have a Russian department.

Nope

Same reason we dont produce masterful painters anymore. People take life for granted in these easy times and thus are uninspired

you sure that's not in India it looks like a pile of shit

Thank you Ivan

>image is copyrighted

God I fucking hate that thing. If I was a mummified ancient Egyptian king I would not want to be anywhere near it.

Fucking commies ruined a lot of awesome architecture. Literally ruined it, demolished amazing buildings and built brutalist cubes on top of them. We had awesome stuff happening before the commies came around. I do like a lot of modern churches though, seems like we're reconnecting to those sensibilities from the days of monarchy.

Most modern architects are accidentally "too cool for school." They're all trying to be one of the cool kids and get way too artsy with it. Just look at the Scottish Parliament building. Good God. Who the fuck thought "3rd world shanty town" was a good design theme? Scotland should have built for itself a House of state that was a cathedral of white marble and high vaulted ceilings, a cathedral of governance. Now they're stuck with this shit.

>that tree
Does it bloom or what?

>that twisting dome
neat

No, apparently atheists only know how to build blocks of concrete

THIS

everything looks like shit to you

How can Europoors even compete?

russia is the last remnant of western civilization

Modern architecture can be alright when they keep it clean and simple. Nips do it right these days, this isn't a Nip house though

The problem is that it takes centuries to build something like pic related. Construction of the Florence cathedral started in 1296 and finished in 1436 for example. So you'll never see anything like it in your lifetime even if people WANTED to make such buildings again.

Nobody belives you LARPing on my website faggot