Organic / Natural Food

What is your opinion on organic and "healthy" eating? Is it all just a liberal stupid tax, or do you think that there is justification for buying organic?

Other urls found in this thread:

greenmedinfo.com/article/large-scale-bioenergy-crop-expansion-results-levels-chemicals-environment
march-against-monsanto.com/scientist-who-discovered-gmos-cause-tumors-in-rats-wins-landmark-defamation-lawsuit-in-paris/
ecowatch.com/france-russia-ban-gmos-1882096221.html
loc.gov/law/help/restrictions-on-gmos/russia.php
seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/monsantos-gmo-corn-banned-russia/
globalresearch.ca/its-official-russia-has-banned-gmo-products-commitment-to-organic-food/5414961
enveurope.springeropen.com/
enveurope.springeropen.com
cropwatch.unl.edu/glyphosate-resistant-common-ragweed-confirmed-nebraska
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

organic foods are just virtue signaling

"organic" food can be just about anything because it is a marketing term, not a scientific term. Additionally, there is nothing wrong with existing GMO food products.

There is no such thing as orgatnic food, there is food, and then there is GMO garbadge.

>also scienctists

But there are genuine believers in organic stuff that buy their food and eat it alone without showing off to anyone.

most organic stuff still has pesticides and shit sprayed on them, unless you're some asshole growing tomatoes in your back yard. then neighborhood kids piss on them at night for fun, next thing you know you're eating pissmatoes

A lot of "organic" foods do taste better, like tomatoes and corn, but that's just because they have to come to market faster because they have a shorter shelf life. If the price points were the same I'd go organic every time because the money tends to stay local, but as long as they don't put chemicals that turn frogs gay in my food I'm not going to complain.

Just support your local farmers if you can.

Nah, that's 100% false. You need to past a rigorous USDA Certification process in order to label your shit organic, at least in freedomland.

i'm concerned about the bees and other pollinators.

but turns out it's mites fucking up the bees. but maybe pesticides weaken their immune systems so they can't fight the mites off. who knows yet?

What is it about GMO foods that is garbage?

but then they can say, 'well, I only eat organic tofu'. its the smuggest form of virtue signaling. the same jagoffs who decorate their houses with the boxes their iPhone came in

There's nothing "healthy" about organic food. They use many times as many "natural" pesticides in place of synthetic ones. It's still poison.

I like to buy local food that's not sprayed with a bunch of shit nor designed by some company so that it can be sprayed with a bunch of shit and survive.

The problem I have with GMOs is not the technology but the operator
Many of the large GMO companies are ultra jews

GMO's ARE NOT SAFE!! THEY ARE DANGEROUS!! IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE DANGEROUS!!

Organic and nonGMO is the way to go. ANY Scientist who says they are safe are sellouts to Monsanto and others like them. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE UNSAFE!!

>regular food is good even though its the product of thousands of years of selective breeding and cultivation by humans for desirable traits such as size, taste, resistance to disease/pests, hardiness, etc.

>GMO's are bad because scientists take a shortcut and directly add the genes they want instead of spending years breeding a particular plant.

Luddites, everyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, but do you have any sources on that?

They taste like shit and can fuck up child growth so they become fuzz faced teens before their balls even drop.

All food in the history of humanity was organic until we started spraying artificial chemicals on things in recent centuries.

I don't think organic is retarded at all, but it becomes more practical to buy the non organic unless you have some extra money.

I applaud the farmers who go through the organic certification. It's a pretty long process but if you can wrestle more money away from liberals and hippies you're fighting the good fight.

In a decision making under uncertainty matrix, it's the job of the GMO folks to show with high-quality (RCT) evidence that their intervention is safe. There is little personal payoff for GMOs and there is a low BUT POSSIBLY BIG risk of adopting them at a personal and societal level. Everyone just calm down in here!

Yes, resistance genes for herbicides they were already using will cause corn to prematurely age children, and it's totally not just you incorrectly remembering how things were when you were younger.

Yeah, fuck organic, fuck our soil, who needs dirt.

it's shit and uncessary

Huh, looking it up, you're right. Wasn't always the case, and I remembered from back before it was

Dont argue with the burgers on this, they are extremely defensive of their obese ways.

*low risk of big downside

What risk

>scientists say

"scientists" have become religious mouthpieces to a large segment of the population.

>the "scientists" say this so you must comply!
>science is absolute! Do not question the science!

But we have safety standards that exist for a reason. Supposedly, the pesticides are in small enough of a quantity that they have no discernible effect on a person. At least in the US, we have the USDA which regulates pesticides in all our food.

Plus, nobody ever said that organic foods don't have chemicals in them as well. They just happen to be "natural" chemicals, which is really not that big of a distinction.

i've grown nicotiana rustica for pesticide use.

it's wild tobacco with super high nicotine. you'll get sick if you touch the wet leaves for too long.

sun-dry the plants and pulverize into a powder, sprinkle the powder onto your crops.

seemed to work very well. but i'm sure it killed all my bees, 'cause my zucchini plants failed to pollinate. i had to pollinate the blossoms by hand with a paint brush.

GMO's are no different than non gmo's. Its just a more direct snd technologically advanced form of breeding. Its the same shit we've done for millenia.

Whether or not a particular GMO plant is bad or good depends on what genes were modified.

>getting diet advice from Sup Forums
>my bed has already broken underneath my 400 pound hacker body

All the evidence suggests that if you get over a certain amount of all the vitamins and essential minerals and have enough calories but not enough to get fat you're fine.

There are some things you can do like getting too much of a certain mineral or whatever but generally this is rare and should be taken on a case by case basis.

The main things that impact health and longevity seem to be avoiding malnutrition by eating a balanced diet and exercising.

Anyways, free range eggs are less likely to have salmonella and grain fed eggs taste better.

Organic isn't real. it means jack shit, but generally organic food is slightly higher quality, not that that would make you healthier because the chemicals inside are the fucking same with slight variation, just that it might taste better.

GMOs can be good or not, anyone who hates GMOs unironically should fucking kill themselves. Suppose we genetically modified a tomato to create a perfect recreation of an extinct varietal. It's totally a perfect recreation. What then is wrong with it being a GMO?

Fuck yourself if you think GMO is always bad or always good.

(((organic))) products that you buy at the (((supermarket))) are usually no better than the pesticide infested shit you can get for half the price.

If you want real good stuff buy it from a local farmer that you know first hand, and buy it fresh.

End of argument.

The same faggots who tout the climate change horn are generally the ones who are opposed to GMO's I guess science is only good if it fucks over oil companies

Forgot to mention.

The MAIN thing that influences health and longevity is genetics.

Fuck as far as we know, the main thing that influences exercise is genetics.

Pesticides are really really bad for you, a lot of the time containing chemicals that don't go away after washing your fruit and vegetables or even boiling. That shit can even be found in breast milk after women have eaten or been next to fields where they have been used, and if the baby drinks that, they can be severely fucked up and farmers constantly develop cancer from being around that shit.

This board is really annoying about certain things. Everyone wants to be edgy and a part of the RIGHT WING DEATHSQUADS so they don't care about the environment. But we all need to realise (((they))) are killing the world and the only reason is greed.

i wish kids would stop urinating on my tomatoes

> t. 4channeckbeardtendies dietician

>liberal stupid tax
>buying organic
>buying

Too stupid to figure out how to grow tour own? Protip: It's essentially free.

Fair enough, but this was published in the National Geographic, if it makes a difference. It isn't your average run of the mill bullshit article.

Organic makes sense for vegetables and fruits that dont have s thick skin or shell. For example organic manderines or nuts is a waste of money.

Free range eggs are best since the egg nutrition depends on the hens diet. A better more natural diet of foraging instead of soy and corn makes better eggs.

For meat, same story. Grain fed meat is better to get in lean cuts as the toxins and undesirable crap in an animals diet will accumulate in the fat, not the lean muscle tissue.

On the other hand, if a cow is fed grass (esp grass finished, meaning its not fed some corn mix a few weeks prior to slaughter) then its better to get meat with fat as the fat will be rich in omega 3's and other healthy stuff.

>hurr durr everyone has the time and space to grow all their own vegetables, potatoes, grains, meat and dairy

>hurr durr I'm retarded

That's not a GMO you fucking Mongoloid.

Liberal stupid tax.

The only thing organic advocates hate more than GMOs is evidence, as evidence is a tool of the rich to oppress family farms.

There are specific organic foods that taste better, tomatoes are famous for this, but generally yeah.

GMO crops are genetically altered to produce their own pesticides. That means that no amount of washing will get rid of it. The food has poison in its DNA.

TL;dr Poison=bad

Again, GMOs have nothing to do with spraying shit. Jesus Christ it's like nobody bothers actually fact checking.

>>also scienctists
This is an important reply

How does the koolaid taste?

Organic is the new Bio-shit

>Crop dies if you spray Glyphosate on it
>Monsanto develops roundup ready crop so they can spray Glyphosate on the crop to manage pests and such
>Organic certifications include restrictions on pesticides and GMOs.
>Guys GMOs have nothing to do with spraying shit!

>to produce their own pesticides

no you dumb fucking idiot it's altered to be resistant to only monsanto pesticides like round-up.

GMO when done properly are identical to "organic" foods
the real problem with GMO is the (((companies))) in control of the food supply which can do stupid, stupid shit like put a patent on certain plant genes, and then do even more retarded shit like self-terminating seeds that will create a plant that isn't capable of reproducing.

> trusting Sup Forums niggers with science
gettin' real tired of your bullshit

Organic natural food is obviously better for you.

The question is, do you have the money and discipline to eat it?

This compilation is a sample of the scientific references including over 2,000 studies, surveys, and analyses that suggest various adverse impacts and potential adverse impacts of genetically engineered (GE/GMO) crops, foods and related pesticides.

gmofreeusa.org/research/gmo-science-research/

What the fuck are you on about? Are we talking about GMOs or the practices of the companies that make them? Monsanto is an ethically bankrupt company, we all know this. But that doesnt make GMOs as a concept just as bad. GMOs will only ever help humanity if they are taken out of the hands those large companies. Hell Golden Rice was a major step in that direction before Green Peace terrorist (most likely a plant from groups like Monsanto) destroyed the research fields producing it.

>Organic natural food is obviously better for you.

obviously not

Bio faggot reporting in. Nature does genetic transformation. It's called horizontal gene transfer. There are genes in fungi from bacteria and genes in plants from fungi and even genes from bacteria in you. Evolution has been doing this for billions of years and it has not been a problem, in fact such genes persist because they enhanced fitness. That being said there is a certain measure of unpredictability with this kind of manipulation because the relationship between genes and phenes is complex and not 1:1.

On organics the more important difference is not GMO but fertilization. Conventional ag uses fertilizers which deplete soil while in organic you have to build the soil if you want to be successful. Organic's brightside therefore is probably more ecological and less nutritional. That being said plants with rich microflora (more common in organic systems) can have higher nutrient content in fruits and more antioxidants/2ndry metabolites in leaves.

It's called round up ready and it is among the most common GMOs at present. It comes from a mutant weed that proved resistant to the herbicide round up that is now inserted into crop species.

>Its the same shit we've done for millenia.

Utter bullshit. No matter how hard you try you can't mix a pig with a soybean through natural processes.

Calling GMO versions of plants "substantially equivalent" was merely semantics to railroad approval through the FDA. Note that although they argued it was the same it didn't stop them from applying for a patent after FDA approval.

Glyphosate is toxic and unfit for human and animal life.
>greenmedinfo.com/article/large-scale-bioenergy-crop-expansion-results-levels-chemicals-environment

Scientist Who Discovered GMOs Cause Tumors in Rats Wins Landmark Defamation Lawsuit in Paris >march-against-monsanto.com/scientist-who-discovered-gmos-cause-tumors-in-rats-wins-landmark-defamation-lawsuit-in-paris/

In the case of corn they are actually right, I remember writing a paper on this and they put a bacteria gene (bacillus thurengiensis I belive) into the corn that makes it produce its own pesticide, and it is given immunity to an herbicide.

I'm pro GMOs, just playing devils advocate here.

The only people who are skeptical about GMOs are within the same dullard group as those who think nuclear energy is forever harmful.

Eating healthy is good and fine, but GMOs have nothing to do with that at all, they aren't less healthy or anything. Avoiding high fructose corn syrup or overly processed foods is a lot different than thinking that all soy or corn products will give you fucking cancered because some of their genes have been modified in a lab and the resulting strains were bred en masse.

>GMO plants take less time to grow
>use less water
>produce more crop
>are resistant to insect damage, meaning that pesticides that harm other animals no longer need to be used
>these are somehow bad things and scientists are evil

>(((scientists)))

The fuck are you talking about? We have been doing this since agriculture was invented. You eliminate weaker strains of plants that have traits you don't want, it's simple. The end result is a plant bred to the specifications of the planter.

Its thuringiensis. So close.

t. dumbfag

>GMOs are safe scientists say, dont belive those scientists
>there are more than two genders and homosex is not a mental disorder, scientists say so its 100% fact

Really fires my synapses

I'm tired of hearing the word "scientists"

>one of the authors is called "Love BJ"
Fucking incredible

ok

Nobody in the scientifi c community has said transgender and homosex ISNT a mental disorder. Not any reputable think tanks anyway.

t. "genius"

Only non-scientists treat science as some kind of infallible truth. The scientific method requires that actual scientists be skeptical of what other scientists say.

Dude you are factually wrong. HGT events which are cross domain are documented. Hell I literally read about 27 of them in a genome sequence publication yesterday. It's basic biology. The problem is not that we're doing it, the problem is that we are doing it in relative ignorance and at a much higher frequency than what HGT occurs in nature.

In theory. In reality we are still looking at the same wasteful and herbicide dependent systems where GMO is common. You want to see real progress in agriculture, read how India is using symbiotic bacteria and fungi in place of pesticides.

Basically this.

Tell them that Roundup doesnt enter their food. They cant possibly fathom such a simple process, its beyond the majority of the scrolling neckbeards who subsist on #MLG food.

You're thinking of 'natural.' Anything that claims to have natural flavoring or ingredients is bullshitting you. Certified organic is real though, insofar as you care about that sort of thing.

>You want to see real progress in agriculture, read how India is using symbiotic bacteria and fungi in place of pesticides.
Got any names for what i should be looking for?
I'm genuinely interested

Bacillus poo

It's not the fact that the foods are genetically modified that's the problem.

It's the earth-scorching bombardment of herbicide that the plants are genetically engineered to survive that's the problem.

Like what if the main market cereal crops with the roundup ready gene were wiped out suddenly by a plant disease? It would take the better part of a year to replant those fields and in the meantime most of the population would starve to death.

Scientists don't say there are more than 2 genders, this is literally a huge part of what drove me to the right.

They have found biological reasons that cause homosex, and transgenderism, but they haven't found any evidence that there is a physical phenomena that causes people to identify as tumblr genders.

I'm pretty socially left but the day the government of Canada started treating talking about the idea that certain genders don't exist as hate speech, that's when I decided maybe the holocaust didn't happen.

As an Apache attack Helicopter I'm deeply offended by your genderphobia. I'm going to call the human-rights tribunal on you.

France + Russia Ban GMOs
>ecowatch.com/france-russia-ban-gmos-1882096221.html
> loc.gov/law/help/restrictions-on-gmos/russia.php
> seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/monsantos-gmo-corn-banned-russia/
> globalresearch.ca/its-official-russia-has-banned-gmo-products-commitment-to-organic-food/5414961

in the EU we have the "Bio" seal, which get's heavily checked and controlled.

It means its 100% organic food, no pesticides, and artificial fertilizer.

You can really taste the difference in an apple that was grown organic or that was grown conventional.

It`s really astonishing that small things like natural fertilizer etc can have such an huge impact on nutrient levels and taste.

I grow my own food, mostly just carrots, onions, apples, berries.

I never had better carrots in my life than the one i grew.

They have much stronger and overall better taste then the shit you get in the market.

Idk how it is in the US, but in the EU "Bio" or organic, means it's actually 100% naturally grown, and you can taste the difference.

Unless the produce is gmo'd to be ultra high in nutrition and vitamins, I'm finna take a pass. Ill spend my ebt on the freshest produce and finest grass fed free ramge chicken.

European Scientific Peer Group Republished study: long-term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerantgenetically modified maize

>enveurope.springeropen.com/

articles/

> enveurope.springeropen.com

/articles/

>time and space

Yes, clearly too stupid. Even in your rapeugee infested country there is enough space around your home/apt for some potted plants. If you plan it out well you can get 3 months supply of fresh veg from a 3mx3m space by only putting in 2 hours work per week. Too bad you fell for the 'gardening is so hard' meme like a good guy. Now go enjoy some (((high fructose corn syrup))).

The only thing dangerous about GMOs is that they've created such a surplus that we started feeding Africa and their population exploded to meet the supply like every other base animal.

Also isn't glyphosate getting phased out due to it actually turning out to be toxic? and that's why Monsanto is for sale for like -5 dollars right now?

Scientists say asbestos is safe
Scientists say radiation is good
Scientists say smoking is good
Scientists say salt is bad
Scientists say fat is bad

There are no long term GMO consumption studies, safety cannot be guaranteed

And I prefer food not doused with herbicides and pesticides, if it can kill bugs, then what is it doing to the microbes in your body? Also organic food takes a lot longer to spoil, unlike produce from conventional 'dead' farming

Why is autism so common now?

And this is why there's suddenly a new "GMOS ARE THE FUTURE" push. They want to sell their seeds, even though the patent on the seeds is meaningless without the poison that goes with it.

>There are no long term GMO consumption studies, safety cannot be guaranteed

literal fake news

cropwatch.unl.edu/glyphosate-resistant-common-ragweed-confirmed-nebraska

Whoops. This is why shit like that needs to be regulated. Forcing the hand of evolution never turns out well.

>GMOs can be good or not, anyone who hates GMOs unironically should fucking kill themselves. Suppose we genetically modified a tomato to create a perfect recreation of an extinct varietal. It's totally a perfect recreation. What then is wrong with it being a GMO?

Is it safe to eat? Show me the results of a generation of consumption

If GMOs were tested more strictly, I'd be less concerned, but that is not what is happening

This

There's still conflicting info on tuna fish, and people still think eggs are loaded with bad cholesterol

GMO - Jews
Organic - Jews jewing Jews

Same shit different smell