Who the hell funds spacex?

Who the hell funds spacex?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches
rt.com/usa/264065-musk-tesla-government-subsidies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DELET THIS

NASA

Elon Must. He got most of his money from co-founding paypal and solar city.

the big R probably

The American people fund, it same with Telsa,and any musk shit.

>get seed money to start it,get profits from taking goverment bonuses instead of giving it to the people

The Bogdanoff Twins.

its funded by investors, they just get goverment subsidies or tax cuts. the goverment isnt just giving them money. the investors put up hundreds of millions, in return they get cheap space cargo travel. witch with a goverment contract stands to make billions

isn't spaceX team plagued with "muh diversity"

Goberment. It's Americas advantage in next generation warfare that includes space, as satellites will become prime targets for knocking out communications, however with a quick reusable rocket, America can replace satellites quickly.

no it isnt, in order to qualify for whatever the gov gives them, they must work under the rules of the gov. they can only hire americans as anything else would be considered spyng. elon talked abought how they wish they could hire foreign scientist who are experts

The Culture

foreign? lmao
aren't the USA the very best as it

Us, the American taxpayers

NASA, the air force, quite a few satellite tv companies, a few mobile companies, and I would assume a few misc. and international companies in need of a satellite in orbit.

sure we have great scientist, but lets say this one guy is the best at rockets in the world. we cant hire him because hes hungarian or some shit. also the stem community has a huge h1 b1 visa problem. almost like 70 percent of the stem majors are foreign born.

GEE... I WONDER WHO?!?

the irony of this post is delicious

investors and contracts, including government contracts

no. you guys have a fundamental misunderstanding of how spacex is funded.

it's a private company, not a state run company. they can accept CONTRACTS (they do all the time) and they can accept TAX BREAKS, but they can't accept direct funding. giving away money for no return is a big no-no in government. there has to be a specified contract detailing what the government is spending, what it's spending on, and what it gets back and in what time frame.

the truth is

C I AYYY

checked, also you mean they are pooinloos

I think the logic is the same as paying a soccer team (or any other sport for that matter).

Pure marketing and image association with no direct returns.

>although I dont remember of seeing any sponsor brands on their latest rocket.... maybe because success is still not guaranteed, but who knows in the future

Well then indirect funding through goverment organizations. Still though sattelites will be highly valued in a future war.

poo loos, chinks, slavs, russians, the list goes on a on

its investors on a private company. but elon musk said that because they are a rocket company, it is classified as some sort of state owned intellectual property, the technology could not be disclosed to the chinese or russians as it would help them fuck us

Happy new year Dr. Kaku. Have you ever produced a fully functional electrolaser?

no. not just government organizations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches

NASA is a pretty large customer, but there are a bunch of companies who also launch through spacex.

good news too: hopefully within the next few weeks spacex should launch 10 satellites for Iridium (from vandy, california, polar), and it looks like they're planning to do a pretty quick turnaround for echostar-23 (from florida, GTO). it looks like they're aiming for less than 2 weeks which is awesome, but this is all dependent on FAA clearance.

then in february we have the first launch with a previously used stage from a prior NASA mission, and maybe, just maybe, the first falcon heavy launch, with a reused stage from a prior falcon 9 launch too! oh, and a crew dragon test.

stuff is looking up. hopefully there aren't any more vehicle losses.

ITAR you're talking about. same thing applies to all military contractors, it's why you can't buy an F-16 that isn't completely gutted of everything bar the airframe (and you can't buy an F-22/F-35 etc at all).

I've been interviewed by spaceX before, and I know 6 people who work there.

They are all about face. All of it. The people I know are all fairly good GPA (3.2+) and have a massive ego, and love to brag. But moreover, that's all these people have. They all talk a big game, and while they have booksmarts, they can't problem solve their way out of a cardboard box.

This in turn creates a corporate culture that is competitive instead of cooperative, everyone is trying to one up the other guy instead of working with them.

Again, this in turn makes the recruiters that go to colleges extreme assholes. Spacex recruiters are the mostly agreed to be the most disrespectful people at any career fair, and I've personally seen them give back, or even crumple up people resumes in front of them, and push people to the brink of tears.

The only people not phased by this are the people who can talk a big game, and this the cycle repeats.

But all that's fine and dandy, but the worst part is less the funding spaceX gets (none from the government, but all their launches are insured) but rather the engineers it puts out. SpaceX uses up and burns out engineers at an alarming rate, and the worst part is all the engineers put out all have the same mindset: its better to get something done fast that get something done right. That's what their Amos 6 blew up, that's why the challenger shuttle blew up, and I'm waiting for their first manned flight to blow up and people to die so they are finally accountable for the toxic engineers their shithole of a culture is putting out.

I've convinced a lot of my peers who have received offers to turn the offer down; people who leave spacex are worse off for the future than they were before they joined.

Came to post this.

Elon Musk, NASA, other investors and shit.

That being said, Tesla is pretty damn cool and Musk is bro tier.

Private Equity with a heaping helping of subsidies

t. Musk Internet Defense Force

Fags. They have deep pockets, those butt pirates.

I can't believe these guys are real.

Rockefeller?

goy i work for -5$ an hour in a trailer outside of spacex, i can only eat discarded carbon carbon

please give me another few (you)s so i can pay for the existing bill and request that i get payed a cent an hour

thank you goy

As a matter of fact, "most" of it came from SpaceX. Government contracts and subsidies boosted his wealth exponentially.

NASA is paying them about 2 billion in contracts to supply the ISS. Too tired to look up the number of flights and actual contract.

Before that, it was Elon Musk. A founder of Pay Pal IIRC. He is very good at getting government money for his personal projects.

It's called subsidies you redditor, you know, the sole reason why Tesla is post-ironically still operational. Imagine getting injected by BILLIONS of subsidies and your company STILL ending up underperforming for the quarters and being basically the most volatile stock in the US market

Nah man. Musk doesn't stand for that shit so it's all Asians and whites.

There are a bunch of roasties though. A lot of tech companies hire them to keep the engineers orbiting in the office.

that's basically the summary of everything i've heard about working at spacex. they take you in as an intern (most of the time unpaid), give you a project to create something that will actually go on a production rocket, then force you to work for little to no pay 70 hours a week or more (with no paid overtime), and they reserve the rights to your creations so they can kick you out after you're done and never pay you a cent for your work.

and then after this happens, you're not allowed to give many details about what you worked on, so you have to avoid doing what you gained some experience with at spacex. and since it's pretty damn hard to gather 15 interns who did something x years ago to answer for a fault, there's a ton of completely black box level faults creeping around in the entire organization, just waiting to kill some poor cunt.

besides that you are given no recognition, family is treated as something you should cast aside in favor of work (i will give musk this though: he did the exact same thing and he's done it for years, so credit to that level of dedication, same with the working hours).

i predict a RUD with the first falcon 9 stage reuse, most likely falcon heavy's debut, and probably one of the manned flights. i can't see spacex pulling off the ITS without having a 5% casualty rate.

no, that's not how subsidies work. tax breaks and contracts are different.

a subsidy is giving a company money simply to do something, a tax break is taking less money away from them. a contract is setting up an agreement to do something specific within a certain time frame etc.

spacex relies on contracts, tesla relies on a combination of tax breaks and state level contracts.

if you can't grasp the difference between a state giving a company money to build a factory and the federal government giving a company money simply to exist (hint: lockheed) i can't help you.

You just described apple corporate culture from 1988-2008.

They did pretty damn well for themselves.

Challenger blew up because NASA got used to flying the shuttle beyond its "safe" operating conditions and they didn't want to disappoint the US President because it had the first civilian teacher in space on it.

It wasn't a matter of doing things fast. It was the problem that they predicted that the shuttle would be unsafe past certain bounds, but NASA slowly normalized the unsafe conditions because nothing happened in prior launches so the designers must have been being overly cautious and there is more safe envelop left.

fucked up slightly: a subsidy is giving a company money to keep shit "competitive". spacex and tesla don't take subsidies. they take contracts.

apple has never made rockets. they can afford to fuck up 10,000+ products per batch. spacex can't afford to fuck up more than a few times in a row, hell if they fuck up this RTF with iridium that might put them in dire waters. if they kill people with their manned flights and the falcon 9 itself is deemed the problem, that's falcon heavy, falcon 9 and any crewed dragon completely gone along with propulsive landings on ground being gone until the problem is fixed.

remember samsung's problem with the phone battery exploding? this is 100x worse than that.

>spacex relies on contracts, tesla relies on a combination of tax breaks and state level contracts.

heeeeeellooo MIDF

rt.com/usa/264065-musk-tesla-government-subsidies/

Totally valid point.

But they aren't making enormous numbers of products mass assembled and won't for decades yet.

Yeah if they blow up another rocket they are likely fucked but musk has captured the imagination and loyalty of a generation of autists.

Setting up your company as "the cool kids" is the reason he can offer a salary about 60% of what they could get elsewhere.

Nothing is done on accident user, especially with sums of money this large.

> Among the examples cited by the paper was a $750 million solar panel factory in Buffalo, New York, which Musk’s SolarCity leased for $1 a year.

state incentive, not an argument.

>The company will also not pay property taxes for a decade, amounting to $260 million in savings.

tax break, not an argument.

> Tesla is getting $1.3 million from Nevada to build a battery factory near Reno

state contract, not an argument.

>and has received more than $517 million from other automakers by selling environmental credits, known as carbon offsets.

from other automakers, not an argument.

none of these are subsidies.

>But they aren't making enormous numbers of products mass assembled and won't for decades yet.

yeah that's the thing, there's a lot of money involved with a few products that are very fragile. if one company loses a satellite worth $100m, both rocket insurance companies and other companies willing to pay for launch services will take that risk of vehicle loss into account.

>Yeah if they blow up another rocket they are likely fucked
i wouldn't be surprised if they could lose a few more rockets and survive simply on a cash basis, but IMO if they fuck up twice (or, as i said earlier, have a massive failure with something intrinsic to falcon 9 for example the COPV that needs a complete redesign) we'll start to see them unravel.

>Setting up your company as "the cool kids" is the reason he can offer a salary about 60% of what they could get elsewhere.
agreed.

>Nothing is done on accident user, especially with sums of money this large.
eh, a lot of what's gone wrong has come down to employees fucking up.

well he can cut their salary just for the fact youre working for nasa without quite climbing that hierarchy and if you are passionate you can take your experience further.

is there a reason they didn't want to admit a fault in the latest (previous) explosion for the longest time?

if you're talking about samsung i have no clue

with spacex though, these companies have to go through a lot of legal bullshit to determine the cause of the accident before they can go running their mouths. i believe a (short lived) line of investigation was somebody shooting a fuel tank in the rocket from the ULA building near the launch pad with a .50 BMG rifle. they have to cover everything.

plus if they point fingers and turn out to be wrong, that can end up in libel lawsuits.

holy fuck they're more monstrous than i realized

Shit

I think he meant Rothschild user. Rockefeller is R-junior.

The goyim.

>straya and turkey don't know about the corporate powerhouse that is big R