Bitcoin reaches over $1000 on Jan 1st 2017

Have you taken the Bitcoin pilll yet Sup Forums? Ready to give the (((banks))) the final 'fuck you'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6iIhooV8UY
falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/
youtube.com/watch?v=O4D6wjdhGxY
bitcoinwisdom.com/
bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd
coindesk.com/groceries-bitcoin-egifter-walmart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=G6iIhooV8UY

Happening.

I sold all mine the last time it was up to a thousand

boop :^)

hi /biz/

trying to pump and dump again I see

anyone else remember when people were shilling BTC and claiming it wouldn't top out until 10k+?

This puts things in perspective.

you sound cocky, kid

u cucks are way too late
If you wanted bitcoins, u should have bought them years ago.
Now the price is higher and will fall sometime soon again
Same thing with stocks, you dont buy stocks when they're doing well at a high value, you buy stocks at low value with the potential to flux up and trade

well far be it from me to stop you from suckering rubes

tfw youll never be able to buy sub 1000 ever again

10k top out is ridiculous, but we could see a top out of sub/2k it may stabilize at around 900 tho

Sure but you know what really puts thigs into perspective was that the same month that the US government raided silk road and confiscated all that bitcoin the government decided to legally see bitcoin as alternative currency.

It's only partly for the money, the political implications Bitcoin has are huge. This form of money has never happened before. Free from big bank printing or grabbing gov hands.

>and will fall sometime soon again
Only if serous change of legality of bitcoin and enforcement of prohibition will happen.

>prohibition of cryptocurrency

>prohibition of cryptography
falkvinge.net/2012/07/12/in-the-uk-you-will-go-to-jail-not-just-for-encryption-but-for-astronomical-noise-too/

I was taught to buy the dip.

>because prohibition totally works guis

>this time its different xD

bitcoin mostly has worth as a trade medium for illegal activities. That's why it's afloat right now, it's essentially all dirty money.

My law lecturer at university actually said there is no concrete law in russia right now prohibiting cryptocurrency.

This is old hat, more companies are starting to accept Bitcoin, Steam is actually accepting Bitcoin now.

People who use Bitcoin for illegal activities put money in, buy their drugs or whatever and that's that. The price right now can't be kept afloat by the darkweb. It's rich chinese businessmen hedging against Yuan devaluation, it's rich poo in loo's hedging against rupee devaluation, it's venture capital boys.

Apart from that the Winklevoss twins are still working toward getting the Bitcoin ETF approved.

>nocoiner cucks when they realise they missed the boat, again

I bought a bunch at $180 and have hodled ever since.

Might sell a bit in a few weeks.

Good goy :^)

>tfw you just have $25k lyin around
Shit I might as well some of these

e-coins based on real gold are the true future and red pill, bit coins won't be able to compete with that idea

the problem, obviously, is that making it happen actually requires a state like liberland with a developed society and strong defences against foraign monkeys

>law
>in Russia

Pick one faggot

>muh goldbugz

Im just waiting for the crash and make some bucks when the stock goes up again >:)!

The price is high right now, don't get burnt. It's a long term thing.

This was me about 2 years ago. I had bought a lot and then it went up. And I said. "I'll wait for the crash." Still waiting...

>because prohibition totally works guis
Post cp. Pro tip: you can't because yes prohibition works if done properly.

True. If I was a borshtfag, I would be careful about it, and not get drunk on hubris.

When the crackdown comes, it won't be nice.

idealism vs realism
fiat vs objective value

bitcoin is surprisingly and extremely useful and therefore valuable, yet, it's nature is completly abstract, which doesn't mean it's not real tho, but it's not user-friendly for the crowds, it still takes a leap of mass faith

That affects our subjective natural view of bitcoin's worth, while backed with gold, it would add all the qualities that make gold perfect as money, while keeping al the good shit about e-money, without even sounding like a pyramid scheeme to newfags, because there's no inflation nor profits for pioner users but it's own service

there wouldn't be inflation and those who sustain the network could still profit from people paying ridiculously small fees for their transactions

If you have guts to argue why this isn't better than bitcoin, do I'm interested

Bu the way, russiabro, that picture was debunked ages ago when it was first posted. It's completely made up.

bitcoin is going to 100k EACH you retarded pleb buy now

and btw, obviously that system would make that gold even more valuable as it would be objectively more useful

>you had BTC in your MTGox wallet

Just fucking kill me Sup Forums

How about legality? Cold circulation for monetary purposes is heavily regulated. Is it even legal to issue private money backed by gold in Spain? What does your Central Bank law say about it?

How do I into technical analysis? Or is it just a meme?

I had BTC in there too. For no apparent reason I took it out 2 weeks before the shit went down. Pure luck on my part.

That looks weirdly delicious.

It doesn't actually matter that the price is $1000/BTC

People thought that as the price goes up, there would be widespread adoption of BTC but that was not the case.

So the price can keep going up or go down. It's still going to only be used by Chinese people evading capital controls.

What am I supposed to do with BTC? It serves no purpose for the average Joe.

BTC is going to need some kind of moving force to get above $1000. People want to buy whole BTC and it gets harder after $1000.

BTC is going to bounce around $1000, until it stabilizes around $800. Then if there is a pressure like some kind of news it will go over $1000 and stay.

>the political implications Bitcoin has are huge

Only for third world countries and only because first world countries help third world rich people to escape capital controls. Bitcoin is just the medium they use.

Here's what I would tell you, user.

Check out Purse.io.

It has changed my life. Over the past 3 years, I have been buying stuff that I would normally buy on Amazon, except for a 35% discount.

I then took then reminder, and always bought bitcoin.

Let's say that I am very happy about this decision right now.

Even if you don't want to keep Bitcoin, getting 1 35%-40% discount on stuff is good, no?

The entire cryptocurrency space has become cucked after 2013. Every crypto/fintech startup had bold objectives, but ultimately are lame shills for the traditional banking industry.

Do not expect any existing cryptocurrency companies to put users first or value libertarian ideals. It's all business-to-business (bank) these days.

Also, Bitcoin is a piece of shit. You should shill for something moderately interesting like Zcash.

>buy bitcoin, an inherently valueless asset, when it's at the top of a bubble
>buy gold and silver, an actual commodity used for money for the entirety of human history, when it's artificially depressed

pick one

Someone on plebbit bought $20,000 worth of BTC when they were $1,000 or so in 2013 last time, then it crashed.

I own both. And I love Bitcoin more.

Sure, they might not be able to do their groceries directly with Bitcoin but vendor acceptance is growing thanks to services like BitPay.

Also if people would want to spend it on things like shopping they can use a Bitcoin debit card such as Xapo.

The purpose it serves for the average Joe is that of no inflation, cannot be seized by government or used in bailouts, can be transferred quickly and cheaply anywhere 24/7, to name a few.

If you look at the big picture Bitcoin can benefit us all by circumventing the printing of money backed by nothing.

Using kike currency

The boom happened when China bumped the prices from 200 to 1200

After that it has been a kike controlled currency

then are you are cucked

I'll probably put like $500 into bitcoin one of these days. Not gonna risk more than that.

>gold sucks because it's value doesn't represent it's acquisition cost
>HUuuur Bitcoin is Gold 2.0
>Bitcoin is Gold

retards

Support, resistance and simple channels are like 90% of it user. Ignore meme indicators like MACD or Bollinger Bands etc.

Basically expect the price to follow a rough sine wave inside a channel (may be up, down or sideways) defined by peaks and troughs. Once the price clearly breaks out of a channel, zoom out to a further time frame to find the new channel.

It's called diversifying, Burger. Look into it.

Why doesn't Sup Forums start its own cryptocurrency? Like Sup Forumscoin?

> cannot be seized by government or used in bailouts

My recollection is that the FBI recovered the Silk Road idiot's Bitcoin. It's actually trivial for governments to hassle Bitcoin companies with certain regulations. At the end of the day, a fiat currency has to go in, and come out. And the traditional banking industry still controls all of that.

what you call a channel is like a tunnel ? do you have this in picture

Because that would require effort.

And it would be called Kekcoin.

Duh.

>next happening like Munich massacre some time this year
>turns out shooters ordered guns over the dark net and paid with bitcoins
>EU moves to ban bitcoin trade
>faggotcoin drops back to 2$ per piece.

Usually that ends up in a pump and dump copypasted shitcoin with no developers.

No it doesn't, this graph is incredibly deceiving

read as I've said already, making that brilliant solution for best moneywaifu actually requires an independent structure that can defend itself, for example, it would take an actually functional and developed state of liberland to make that service possible because other governments are gonna to obviously get cucked by it

well, the same risk of government "war" against btc that is going to get focused on phisical companies that provide services of trading paper currencies with btc

e-money is enemy of all states, it breaks their scam/matrix

Yo-yo-coin would be a better name for it.

No, not kekcoin, may I suggest the name " kekels".

>A spaniard defending a XVIII practice.
Wasn't it part of why your country was fucked up?

technical analysis for newbes: youtube.com/watch?v=O4D6wjdhGxY

Oh FUGG you're witnessing history, it's about to cross over 1000

It's growing, we are past the point of death for blockchain money anyway, it will maybe not be BTC but decentralized e-currencies will win.
The only real problem in a middle term future are the quantum computers that could make the bitcoin worthless but we have still decades before it happens.

bitcoinwisdom.com/

bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd

1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HIT 1000

I think it would only "freeze" all the value, until a next network starts with new technology backing up ownerships as it was previously

it's not that bad

ty china

what? do you miss your gold conquistedbro?
my country was fucked up by recalcitrant statism

They have no legal basis to ban bitcoins, if they do it they ban Paypal or Steam e-purse in the process.
,Even if they did it this is absolutely impossible to apply until we go total dictatorship (and in this case it will be the least of your problem).

Also I agree that the current value mostly comes from pure speculation.

You guys should go over to /biz/ to see how delusional they are about bitcoin.

They literally think people with a few bitcoins are going to be millionaires in 10 years. LMAO

I can see 1 BTC getting to $15k in 10 years and if the dollar ever collapses $100k +

dude, wake up, governments behaviour is basically stepping over legal basis
UE is already playing with baning pre-paid visas due to it being a tool presumably terrorist are using

if they keep using trucks they will start making regulations, just wait and see
that's how bureaucrats reacts, they're predictable m8, kek dixit

The majority of bitcoin is held by less then a few thousand people.

That's assuming that they all still have the private keys, yes.

hosts of btc trading will be hunted down tho, won't be so cool

Bitcoin has been nothing but a hideaway for Asian market manipulators. It's been going on for years and every time the Chinese get scared the price of Bitcoin rises. It will be high for now but it's going to crash hard after the latest round of pumps go through.

All the alt coins as well are pretty much entirely dependent on Bitcoin and offer little to nothing new in terms of scalability, security, privacy. The alt coins are just there for the pump and dumps and the poor saps left holding the bag.

At some point soon governments will regulate crypto currencies severely and no matter what one claims over the other if the technology is to be adopted it will be adopted as an instrument of the government and not as some piece of open source from the wild west of the internet.

That does not even start to delve into what crypto currencies are used for. They are used to store wealth, accumulate wealth, or purchase things on the dark web. The few entities that do accept crypto currencies for non nefarious or illegal purposes in no way can cover what crypto is actually used for.

For that reason alone any type of digital currency adoption will never be Bitcoin or any of the alt coins.

Just like with normal dollarydoos?

Already happened a million times. They never go anywhere "why would I buy this unheard of cryptocurrency when bitcoin exists?!?"

Not really.

Fake and gay

I'll buy into the bitcoin meme as soon as I can buy a gallon of milk using bitcoin, until then it's just another losing cause.

Anyone wanna help a poorfag out? I've got 23$ in bitcoin so far, I don't afford to invest anything at the moment. If any of you richfags want to brighten up my day here's my address 15EcZ9HfXcbshvk5(Remove this)5QYd1MXbuuaJ78Tb8E

sent :)

coindesk.com/groceries-bitcoin-egifter-walmart/

gold has no objective value

you can already buy milk using gold bruh

If you buy 10 bit coins now you will be in the top 1%
In 30 years time or something that could make you a millionaire
I wish i had some disposable income to throw at this as a very long term investment

So where's the best place to exchange BTC for USD these days? I think I still have 1 or 2 BTC lying around, and at $1k each I think I'll just unload them.

the only use for bitcoin is buying drugs and moving money out of an area where the banks are shut down though

I'll take some of your hand ;)

I use Bitcoin for buying my laptop at 30% off on amazon. And exchanging for local fiat currency when traveling to meet other Bitcoiners.