Just got done with reading brave new world by huxely. It seems pretty based

just got done with reading brave new world by huxely. It seems pretty based

>government controls us through the things we love, not the things we fear like in Orwell's 1984
>we need a social and political hierarchy of people according to their abilities to make a society work
>savages are best left alone and shouldn't be integrated into civilization

Yeah and you'll probably end up as an epsilon. But you didn't think of that did you? No, you probably think you're going to be an alpha, or at the very least beta

it doesnt matter. Even the Epsilons are happy.
They enjoy being exploited. Thats the whole point of the system.

Huxley had to put in shit like forcefully retarded Epsilons and government creches to make the Brave New World seem even kind of bad in parts.

you end up in different sections of the hierarchy based on chance. Your preconditioned before you are even born to become the perfect citizen for that class

>No, you probably think you're going to be an alpha, or at the very least beta
i would be happy no matter what because no matter what class you are in you are designed to enjoy it. Also I never said I wanted to live in that world. I just thought the concept of the caste in which huxely presents it is cool

gets it

Is it bad?
They are happy with what they are. Thats why the system works so well.

this

Yes, it's far more accurate in predicting the modern world than 1984. Mankind has an infinite appetite for distraction, and the relentless march of consumerism in the West is the root of all of our problems.

No, it's just supposed to seem bad. Normal people usually feel grossed out by the idea of growing babies in jars and injected their brains with alcohol to make them retarded. It's supposed to evoke physical repulsion in the reader in contrast to the Feelies.

Epsilon semi-retard detected.

Cool m8 you read a high school book. Go finger your asshole some more I guess

>le muh consumerism
cucklick kikeshill detected.

Delta detected.

Epsilons are made from alcohol soaked embryos, they are so retarded they like doing their shitty jobs, like the elevator guy who gets all excited when he goes to the roof because he gets to see the sun.

>genetically modify embryos to fulfill all roles in society
>based
>not living in a fascist society where everybody is equal and all jobs are considered good and decent if it helps improving society united under Christian morale
I'm disgusted

holy shit. years ago my parents used to call me an epsilon semi-moron and for ages i wondered what it meant or what the reference was. now i know.

>Normal people usually feel grossed out by the idea of growing babies in jars and injected their brains with alcohol to make them retarded
oh that part didn't gross me out as it satisfied my boner for eugenics.
A-Am I autistic?

No, you're a Progressive.

>everyone belongs to everyone else

society that promotes promiscuity. No social hang-ups about multiple partners. No STD's to catch. No babies to accidentally have. No marriage/LTR. People are taught sex is fun and they should have as much as they can.

Sounds bretty gud 2me.

Gamma detected.

It is hell
For it is content society
Just waiting for something outside of it to destroy it
Species that evolve perfectly for one small environment will die. See 99% of species up to now
And Earth is a small island in a huge physical universe

Savage detected. You can keep the Balkans. We don't want your mudhills.

>warning against consumerism is being a kike

Nice try, shill

The idea that there is no escape from society no matter what you do horrified me in that book. Shed a little tear for the protag

There is always a choice, even in the Brave New World. You can be a hermit on a savage reservation and no one will stop you, Alpha-.

Except when the bands of tourists come to photograph you.

NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Huxley did one thing horribly wrong, and that's making John look like a retard. His conversation with the Controller didn't convince a soul that the Controller was wrong.

The Controller was right, savage.

;-; I imagine them all to be chinese

I know.

Perceived happiness through ignorance and slavery is still bad.

What's the point of society if you don't get any means of control yourself? Even the top-tiers are slaves and there's no point to anything.

There's only conflict because the main character was a genetic fuck-up.

>implying there's a point to anything

at least I have some choices, albeit limited ones.

There's nothing in Brave New World, they're all slaves to their cummies

Half of their time is spent on vacation, going wherever and doing whatever they please. They choose to go to the countryside, because that is what they are trained to do and they do not choose to differ. No one is stopping them.

>just got done with reading brave new world by huxely.
how is 9th grade, faggot?

>this Jewish reasoning

JIDF must have a batch of new recruits fresh out of the heder.

I didn't get that. One of the world leaders said they needed the lower castes to do the dirty work the Alpha's wouldn't do (as proven with the experiment with the 100% alpha island). But later he said that they didn't want to use machines to do the work because he wanted to keep the epsilons occupied.

Beta detected.

Explain using your superior burger education.

Remember in the beginning where they describe how clone batches are kept together as single work groups, which the clones differentiated by caste treatment to make them Gammas, Deltas, and Epsilons? This is the foundational unit of the Brave New World's society, in place of the family. Each work group is sized according to the clone batches possible through the process.

Machines can replace Epsilons, but they can't replace Deltas or Gammas. Just as the Alphas rely on Betas, Deltas rely on Epsilons. Each caste is not simply a production group, but also a consumer group. The economy of the Brave New World is calibrated around the supply/demand of each clone batch.

You can't remove the Epsilons without re-calibrating entire system and, realistically, not all of them can be replaced with machines that work as well as a person, so you would still end up with a few Epsilons per clone batch, but now too few for them to form Epsilon social groups.

You can have no unhappy people at the cost of retards or you can have a few unhappy retards for the sake of having less retards. In my experience, people who hate the Brave New World tend to hate retards.