Why does america consume so much anti-depressants and other medications? Here in Europe...

Why does america consume so much anti-depressants and other medications? Here in Europe, at least Norway people may take an Ibux or a Paracet for pain, but only people diagnosed with depression actually use any stronger anti-depressants etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PD_MuT76jjE
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3534107/I-joyous-don-t-feel-sad-felt-Disney-employee-reveals-s-like-suffer-depression-working-happiest-place-earth.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe our doctors are just better at diagnosing it.

Probably the culture or changing doctors until you find a doctor that gives in to your whining.

This is why I wish Robot Doctors would hurry up and become mainstream.

Robot Doctors would feel zero emotion so no amount of whining would convince them to prescribe unnecessary medication.

Also, replace pharmacists with Robot Pharmacists too.

And reduce the Over the Counter Drug market.

I feel like the OTC drug industry should never have happened.

Yeah ban OTC medication. We need to stop the epidemic of aspirin abuse.

No other country makes it legal to advertise prescription drugs on TV.

A patient is not suppose to ask a doctor for drugs. Only in America.

Well probably half or more of americans use some kind of medication, either being anti-depressant medication or anti anxiety, also pain killers.

I doubt that many americans have serious disorders that they need Xanax or Vicodin or whatever.

All those celebrities that died from abuse of medication somehow found a shady corrupt doctor or pharmacist that let them get access to pain killers in bulk.

What the hell are you talking about? Scandinavian countries have the highest rates of antidepressant use in the world, you guys easily have us beat.

Although at least you all have good excuses for it (long, dark winters, Muhammed cucking your pure white women, etc.).

I take 6x the daily recommended therapeutic dose I'm so fucking happy rn

This is just my opinion but a significant amount of depression in America may be due to lack of Vitamin D or should I say sunlight.

Some states have weather and climates that make sunlight really difficult to acquire.

So yeah, lack of sunlight, shitty diet, and probably lack of exercise can contribute to depression.

Doctors aren't interested in being your personal gym trainer though.

I take atarax for anxiety and feel great now, or at least manageable.

However i do have to say i had to go to multiple doctors because the first two were REALLY pushing heavy doses of antidepressants and shit like trazadone and i would say "im not depressed though and i dont have sleeping issues" and basically their response would be "trust me"

We do overmedicate here in the US. But id say its more over diagnoses.

I always got the impression that the western states used it more. Like Los Angeles. From popular culture it seems like a very big thing to pop pills on the west coast

It doesn't help that there are popular songs, movies, shows about casually taking Prozac.

Because it you're not constantly smiling as an American, you're considered clinically depressed.

Do you have efexor in america?

That shouldn't be a problem if you're huWhite. That's why we have fair skin.

youtube.com/watch?v=PD_MuT76jjE

>1:03 is an example of the normalization of drug usage in a normie show

has anyone else seen an anti-depressant user get early onset dementia?
I'm hoping it's medicine induced and not genetic

my mom was diagnosed with dementia at 58 and now at 60 she's laid up in a nursing home has no idea where the fuck she is most of the time

Why do you ask this question with an already made up mind that the Americans are wrong about this? the USA produces more medical research than the rest of the world COMBINED, I rather trust an American doctor than an Europoor doctor, maybe Europeans consume less drugs because their healthcare systems preach austerity due to poverty and unability to make profit.

I wonder how many Disney employees are depressed.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3534107/I-joyous-don-t-feel-sad-felt-Disney-employee-reveals-s-like-suffer-depression-working-happiest-place-earth.html

You must have turned bipolar and be feeling brain zaps by now.

Well I actually am diagnosed with bipolar, did you consider the population difference between Norway, and America?

Yes we do, one of my ex girlfriends took efexor regularly.

Big pharma is a beast and it's coming for you next.

Ahh okay. I thought it was just for the norwegian or at least european market. It's the most population anti-depressant in Norway.

>only people diagnosed with depression actually use any stronger anti-depressants
gee i wonder why so many americans use anti depressants cool sweden?

Why not? Exist in a numb fog until your death. Life can be really shitty when it hits you at full force.

Americans pretend to be Christians but they're lying. They're actually Buddhists, trying to minimise suffering in a pointless life. I don't even think they're wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Pharma Lobbyism...

yeah that too...

Why are you lying on the Internet?

Because mental health services are either too expensive (USA), or have ridiculous waiting lists (Canada).
So the doc just prescribes you some pills to stop your whining.

225mg daily user here.

We have to be keep being good goys working to make the chosen some shekels.

i know that pic. below it there is a huge warning : american data was not surveyed. but it also stated that burgers consumption was way off this chart.

Spot on bro. What do you do when you're part of a hyper-capitalist society and you've realized possessions don't make you happy?

Nihilism
They've been living in this manipulating system way too long

doctors prescribe it as a wonder drug. Psychiatry is still in its infancy, and it will take a few decades until we start treating the actual problems, rather than band aiding the symptoms over and over with temporary fixes that add tonnes of side effects.

They're also very cheap compared to other medications.

Can someone redpill me on adderall and adhd meds?

if you take them as a kid, your mind gets used to the drugged up state and you're much more likely to use hard drugs as an adult

they're the real gateway drug

How does it work for you?

>Psychiatry is still in its infancy, and it will take a few decades until we start treating the actual problems
This is the funniest concept. The "actual problems" are that people's parents sometimes literally don't love them, they get physically assaulted by sociopaths who surpass them in life, and everyone around them dies.

The "actual problems" are life. Psychiatry is useful but it can never make "progress".

What nonsense. Those aren't the problems psychiatry addresses at all.

Underrated post