The Rise of Battletech

With this prototype, the era of Gundam-style warfare will soon commence:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAR73ocFcv0

What effects do you predict this technology will have on politics?

How can it be used to stop the Eternal Jew?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4
youtube.com/watch?v=TeI_vGmi6t8
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.techtimes.com/articles/92478/20151007/u-s-military-to-deliver-its-first-bulletproof-weaponized-iron-man-suit-in-2018.htm&ved=0ahUKEwj3hqXh46LRAhUI3YMKHRT0D4kQFgg1MAI&usg=AFQjCNEOnnv822z5JLQ4JbPybE8cjTcPQQ&sig2=1gKL_H3wYYNe9xKB2AmdKw
archive.fo/pfFAb
youtube.com/watch?v=xsYdl5PjIlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3CWr3ZUQJeo
youtube.com/watch?v=XfBDKK-aZ0E
youtube.com/watch?v=rEby9OkePpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're cancerous fucking filth. Kill yourself.

Why are you on this board, Canada?

I have freedom, you don't.

Why not do something more your speed, like be legally required to wear a strapon backwards and inside-out, with the dildo shoved up your ass?

>With this prototype, the era of Gundam-style warfare will soon commence

No, no it won't. If you look closely, the "walking" is a simple repeating pattern worked out mathematically for that frame. They are no closer to solving that problem than anyone else.

>What effects do you predict this technology will have on politics?

None, a bi-pedal tank is utterly and completely worthless and happens to have a high price tag. A bi-pedal tank will never happen. At best a robotic android soldier is possible in the future, if you accept Asimo as a proof of concept.

>How can it be used to stop the Eternal Jew?
........I suppose you try to convince them it's an amazing technological leap in weapons development and hope they invest. When it turns out they're utterly worthless no one will buy them and they go bankrupt.

>With this prototype, the era of Gundam-style warfare will soon commence:
A single shot from a tank would reduce that to debris, what exactly is the advantage of it?

I think weaponzied mechanical infantry will definitely be a thing in the future, but it won't be normalized for a long time. Also, they might not necessarily be "gundam-style" suits but cyber enhanced soldiers kinda like a cyborg

The advantage is to mount mini-guns on the shoulders and to ventilate rioting niggers.

Here is a demonstration of the gun technology:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvHMbN_epe4

Niggers do not have anti-tank technology.

How can this not be armored and made into an anti-nigger platform!?

Or an anti-paki platform!?

>The advantage is to mount mini-guns on the shoulders and to ventilate rioting niggers.
And how is that better than mounting those miniguns on a car, just like the vehicule mounted miniguns currently used by military all around the world, which would move faster and be more cost efficient than your retarded mech?

>Niggers do not have anti-tank technology.
They wont need it.

£150's worth of high quality chain from a decent hardware store, tied between some lampposts, defeats $200,000,000 bi-pedal tank.

Remember the Ewoks, you don't want that shit happening.

Zero point in making a walking bot

A "body" on a tracked or wheeled vehicle is the best for fuel consumption, easy of manufacturer, and ground resistance (which allows armor)

>Or an anti-paki platform!?
Pajeet pls

The mech - with sufficient development - can access irregular terrain, and with sufficient armor can inspire fear as an invulnerable humanoid killing machine.

I'm a former tank gunner. The M1A1 tank. Meaning I have years of experience operating the tank and maintaining it. Your bipedal tank idea is the stupidest shit on earth and you deserve to be flogged for making this thread.

>see picture

You can make it larger to pilot a human if you want

This is the realistic approach to a "torso" style mech

swarm bots are the future, not mechs

you can buy mini quad copters 2 inches long for $15 as toys. the applications are endless
Make them solar powered and give them an explosive payload and just send them off

precision

This shit is LITERALLY never going to happen. Ever. It just doesn't make sense you weeb.

I'd say exosuits to extend human performance are more likely to come out sooner than gundam style mechas

Something like this clip from the Edge of Tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=TeI_vGmi6t8

No legs means no vagina.

how many petawatts would it need to make a leap like the one shown in the misleading op's pic?

>The mech - with sufficient development - can access irregular terrain
I doubt they will ever be able to move that well in irregular terrain, this retarded argument is the same people try using to justify spider tanks, which would also be a retarded idea.

>with sufficient armor can inspire fear as an invulnerable humanoid killing machine.
I think a tank moving your way already inspires enough fear, don't see a point in this.

Touché.

Your tank is widely regarded as legacy hardware and not optimized for urban scenarios.

This will do.

Exosuits ∴ niggers BTFO

Gundams.in space make some sense, moreso than thanks anyway.

Oh man, a spider tank would be such hot shit!

oh please, that thing could be knocked over by a wet fart

No tank is optimizable for urban scenarios.
Do you have actual military training and wartime service experience?
That legacy technology tank will turn your fancy electronic shit into scrap from 7+ kilometers away.
You are a teenager aren't you? Lol.

That thing walks like an old man with arthritis. It's going to be quite a while until Gundam style warfare is even close to being a viable option.

However, there have been many advancements made in exoskeleton technology that show far more promise.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.techtimes.com/articles/92478/20151007/u-s-military-to-deliver-its-first-bulletproof-weaponized-iron-man-suit-in-2018.htm&ved=0ahUKEwj3hqXh46LRAhUI3YMKHRT0D4kQFgg1MAI&usg=AFQjCNEOnnv822z5JLQ4JbPybE8cjTcPQQ&sig2=1gKL_H3wYYNe9xKB2AmdKw

It would look cool, but it would have to be extremely light weight in order to actually be able to move through rough terrain, otherwise it would simply be an overpriced piece of shit.

Also, landmines placed on rough terrain would wreck the shit out of them for less than 0.00001% of the price of the tank.

>that link
archive.fo/pfFAb

Mechs will only be a thing when we find a way to provide energy to sustain it and all the parts magically become 1000 times less expensive.
In the day and age of nuclear warheads and drones I dont see that happening

mechs are cool toys but they have no military value

that's not impressive at all though...

see
TALOS is probably the closest it will get, and that even has a lot of serious design issues (power, namely).

Gundam is an anime, and it's not realistically going into a form of warfare, which is what you said. Even when you move the goalposts to talk about urban operations, it's seriously flawed, as has been pointed out already in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, Marines in mechs turns me on, but it's not happening

Wonder how that gundam would do walking through so good old fashioned concertina wire?

>You are a teenager aren't you? Lol.

Nope, I just believe in the future.

And the future will furnish tools for a race war.

An exosuit carrying miniguns would be a pretty good idea.

This will be useless until new metals can be mass produced. As previously mentioned it will be ridiculously expensive, and because of the quality of ALL available metals, it can easily be defeated in open environments by RPGs (such as in shitskinistan) due to lack of armor capabilities, it simply has too many weak spots in it's design to withstand anti-tank weaponry. Plus it's counter weaponry is already widely available and cheap. So say it's being deployed in an urban environment, then you come back to the previously mentioned issue of the legs being bound or otherwise put off balance, which would make it fall and render it completely useless.

So, lets recap.
Pros:
-It can walk over some obstacles
-It has the fear inducing effecting of being a giant robot

Cons:
-It's expensive
-It's sensitive and vulnerable
-It's top heavy and has narrow surface area for weight support, limiting the size of weaponry that can be used
-It's defeated by inexpensive and easily produced weapons
-It can be defeated by homemade weapons
-It's outclassed in almost every aspect by traditional tanks

conclusion: It's fucking worthless.

It won't furnish men with the balls to use them.

respect the robot

We elementals now boyz

>ignores the part of other user's post where he talks about military experience

There's a reason we don't use miniguns in warfare. It can make something into swiss cheese, but it's imprecise, a waste of ammo, and completely fucking useless when a different weapon can deliver the same amount of hurt in a fraction of the bullets used and barrel heat generated

I mean cool, you're like 20 or something, but it doesn't make this anything less than a retarded pipe dream

Man I would love to buy one of those
Once they are completely operational of course

Pros:
-put some rockets on the robot and it becomes a death machine
-will demoralize the enemy because it's a fucking gundam in real life
-is a stable financial investment

conclusion: it's the future of warfare

Something this big is only going to be a sponge for mortars and tank fire. It would have to be exceptionally fast and maneuverable. Exo skeletons that make men only a bit larger but much stronger and faster is where it's at. This wont do anything a tank or airplane can't already do better.

Sorry but imitating the human figure is a waste of time.

If I was an evil mad scientist, I would look at the bodies of insects for inspiration.

Giant Robot Centipedes make more sense on the battlefield than walking human robots.

The Centipede's body is more fit and much more suitable for combat while instilling sheer terror.

Giant Robot Spiders wouldn't be bad either.

Make them Spider Tanks, Jumping Spider Tanks.

it looks cool, but has no real use other than looking cool.

If anything the main use of this would be for search and rescue operations, construction, and entertainment. It has no real military of law enforcement application.

Could be used in space though, so that could be helpful.

But no, mech-warfare looks cool but unless we're fighting giant space bugs or hordes of zombies it has no combat potential at this time.

Give it thicker armor to protect against Anti-Armor weapons, increase mobility and energy life, and MAYBE this could be useful, but it'd just be a more mobile heavy weapons platform and we already have that, it's called a helicopter.

>tonks vs robutts
Here we go again.

>imagine the amount of drugs that thing could send to the US

You know thats one thing I never got, I mean for fuck sake we were rotating minime barrels every 200 rounds, but no so scrub tells me oh dont worry you can fire forever. Bitches don't understand hardware is expensive and needs maintaining.

i hope you don't mind me posting this civilian helicopter

It doesn't make sense.
Its cool as fuck but they could easily trip unlike tanks.
Titanfall 2 is my favorite game of 2016 but once you get inside a Titan nothing makes sense anymore.
>super advanced and expensive machine
>only has 70degree vision
>has cameras on top of the chassis but can't see if there's someone on top of you

Yes. This to some degree.

the jumping spider tank would crush itself upon landing, or would be so lightly armored it's more of a jumping dune buggy with guns.

Robot Centipedes might work, but it'd still face serious problems when it comes to mobility.

>"Commander we've jack-knifed the Robopede again"
>'Damnit, that's the fourth time this week!'

The humanoid form is primitive and limited, ditch those limits and create a kill bot for function alone and most importantly don't be one of those fuck heads who thinks every machine much be able to handle very threat. Sure they can have counter measures but things are built to achive specific goals, there is no univercil design that can never be countered.

>Korea making anime real

>is a stable financial investment
thats where your wrong kiddo

Also 1 rpg could disable these tin cans.

and a RPG-7 warhead cost around 300 bucks

>not optimized for urban

TUSK I/II would like a word with you, user.

RPG-29 proof on the sides; ranges too close for Metis-M/TOW-2A and higher.

I'd hate to have to take one on.

Nature is a great chemist but a shit mechanic.
Also, given advances in telecommunication technology there is no reason to make a robot that carries a human inside outside of very specific scenarios.

>talking about tanks and urban warfare
>moves goalposts to air platforms

i acknowledge we use that shit in doors and in some planes like the a10

when on the ground in a firefight, that shit doesn't fly, pun intended

Use it for city fighting

Wire in the sprockets molotov into the turret. Done deal.

For a walking war machine why would you ever give it only 2 legs?

The only thing that thing looks like it could accomplish is a load-assist. good try though.

Atlas when?

This

Armored Troopers are the only realistic mecha, and I say that as an ardent /m/an.
>Double human height maximum, to the point that they can be fucking air dropped
>Rocket skates give them massive speed boost
>Extremely agile, can dodge enemy fire faster than a traditional vehicle could react
>Extremely customizable, standardized parts can be added and removed as needed
>Can be repaired and serviced by only the pilot
>Extremely weak, explodes in 3 shots maximum even when piloted by the autistic MC
>Variants for all terrains
I could make a case for Dai Guard, but only because it's a glorified paperweight that barely functions and it was only used because it was the only thing that could precisely target an enemy weakspot

Is this one of the most effective drone designs?

>same 'always balanced' setup as asimo from over a decade ago
>doesn't even have proper hipjoints

This is a total failure.

hips should be lifting up and moving forward with the leg - it would kill all that retarded sideways motion and be significantly more fluid.

It also needs to be dynamically unstable.

These gooks are doing it wrong

>no self contained power source
another 10 years then

Asuka best girl

korea/japan are going to be the next superpower if they keep this up

that's a funny way to spell Rei

Late to the game.

the thing is the wrong gooks are doing it. If they handed this technology to the Japs and said "we have to have this technology to defend our country" then the Japs would take it and make real life mechs in like 10 years

kill yourself

SOON

>yfw saudis will buy an army of robots to control europe

That thing sounds like the AT-AT Walkers from Empire Strikes Back.

youtube.com/watch?v=xsYdl5PjIlQ

we could just make internal combustion powered power armor with gyros .. it'd be easy to build even though loud and expensive

servos, not gyros
>oops

Weeb, time to put the anime down and come back to reality. Mechs aren't going to be remotely worth shit in warfare. End of story.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CWr3ZUQJeo

I don't think mechs will ever happen, but rather machine enhanced humans.

Another video:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfBDKK-aZ0E

Something seems fishy about these to be honest. I think it's fake.

It's not fake, it's just shit. It's the same technology used to make those Asimo robots, just blown up in size. It can't turn corners or walk up stairs even. A humanoid form is terrible for a robot anyway. Quadrupedal robots may become a thing though.

youtube.com/watch?v=rEby9OkePpg

In fact after viewing again I would bet on them being fake and a promotion for some upcoming movie/game/show/something or other.

And it's not so much about the mech itself (which still looks fake) but the way the people are standing around, viewing their computers, the extra set of legs, the general setup of the lab, etc.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

Just make the thing a dual-purpose spaag/afv. Besides, its not like you cant turn change the rof of rotary guns.

So true but sadly is overshadow by fake and gay military realism like Gundam, and code geass

So you want a highly specialized piece of kit, a maintenance nightmare, expensive as hell.

THEN

you want to stick it on top of the biggest "shoot me" target in warfare in history?

As opposed to a highly specialized piece of kit, a maintenance nightmare, expensive as hell on top of a slightly less "shoot me" target?

Yup. When gear is that expensive and a pain in the ass, you stick it somewhere it aint gonna get fucked with. So back at base, in the air or god forbid the navy.

>Niggers do not have anti-tank technology.
>what is an RPG-7

Underestimating the enemy is a very stupid thing to do

It's entertainment. Easiest way to spot a newfag on /m/ is if he actually cares that robots can't exist in real life

The best robot shows are all the least realistic anyway

Besides, something of that size would be working on a "pop and shoot" principle, exposing itself briefly to fire then ducking or returning to cover to avoid return fire. Either a high rof or powerful weapon would be necessary to guarantee effective fire on target in the brief window of opportunity. The size would also enable it to act as a concealable radar and AA weapon in once package, being able to rise above possible nearby obstructions (like trees) and then quickly return to the cover of them.

It's definitely fake.

>you stick it somewhere it aint gonna get fucked with.
Kinda defeats the purpose of it if you keep it in places where it will never need to be used. Ideally it would serve as a force multiplier to infantry units, engaging both ground and air soft targets, while being able to traverse the same terrain as the infantry. Of course the entire idea is incredibly inefficient, but there's nothing wrong with it other than there being better ways to do the same thing.

What truthfully is the point of Canada?

>Kinda defeats the purpose of it if you keep it in places where it will never need to be used

Yes but that never stopped military paper pushers angling for a political career at the end of their service, did it? One of the biggest factors causing the Navy to resist replacing the A-10 has been that since they were tough and cheap, the Brass actually let them USE them for their intended purpose, they were worried that if they adopted the F-35 or other tech in the same role, that the Brass would keep it sitting in the hanger because they were too scared to get the paint scratched.

That's kinda started to trail off, now that the A-10 is costing so much to maintain, but the idea is still there.

>The best robot shows are all the least realistic anyway

This is pre-gundam shit fag.
Mobile suites are used in construction of giant space colonies, building etc since they just bigger humans,

>They're still using metal
Carbon polymers can't be that expensive to use, can they?
There's gotta be more practical materials than heavy-weight steel, right?

Can any material engineers/chemists chime in on this? What's a more practical lightweight material for robot structural development?

It's more likely that any kind of exosuit in combat would be used for the equipping of higher caliber weapons. Sure, a standard infantryman's rifle can do a lot of damage, but a .50 caliber anti-material rifle can do a whole lot more. You can't have that caliber in a standard rifle because the recoil is too much: it would break your shoulder, if not shatter your entire arm.

However, give an exosuit-wearing soldier that thing, with a design that allows for the absorption of recoil, and it's stable.

Plus, a legged exosuit will be usable in mountainous, uneven, or forested terrain where other vehicles could be easily halted or slowed down.