100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement...

>100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings. There aren't. Rather than focusing our efforts on demonizing society, guns, gender or family, we should focus our efforts on getting people with mental illness the help they need. The fact that there's stigma associated with receiving mental health care is a problem. If you know someone in need, reach out and try to get them help. Trying to rationalize an irrational act is futile. Rational people don't go on shooting rampages.

So Sup Forums, do you agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JKRoFoy_Hpc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not an argument.

Mohammed Atta proves you wrong

True but what if by doing the act I would be rewarded as a martyr in heaven? Does that provide incentive?

Rational is not the opposite of mentally ill.

so Dylan Roof is crazy and belongs in a mental institution and shouldn't be put to death?

I don't want gun bans and I don't want mass murder but the problem with the mental health situation is that A) psychiatry is in its infancy B) crazy people often don't know or if the know don't care to seek treatment.

Well you might consider that religion is a mental illness in itself, if you are edgy.

Yeah but the rationality of mental ill people is different than ours, so I guess it could be argued that's not the case.

Depends, you think there is a cure for his mental illness?

Sorry, I don't know who that is.

Wow, there is actually a huge wikipedia article on this guy, will have to read it later.

% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings. There aren't.
Breivik
Dylann Storm Roof
Omar Manteen

>so Dylan Roof is crazy and belongs in a mental institution and shouldn't be put to death?
He shouldn't be put to death because he did nothing wrong.

>there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings
I find this entirely believable.

Terrorist attacks and massacres usually serve a purpose, and many times they achieve it. 11/9 was a fucking masterpiece tbqh.

>implying the unabomber is sane

That's the problem Pedro. Soon rational people will go on killing sprees and that will be the end of the international Jewry and their muslim puppets.

>100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness

What about that white kid that liberals absolutely insist was sane and fit for trial?

Yeah, me too.

You mean Dylan?

Didn't they actually didn't know they would take down the towers?

Well, he did violated the law...

btw the quote in the OP is a Maddox one. Forgot to mention it, hope it doesn't devolve the thread into a Maddox cuck bashing.

ssristories dot org
cchrint dot org /school-shooters/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18690915

>Well, he did violated the law...
So?

>there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings

Going through with it makes you mentally unstable. The rationalization and thought processes are very logical however in many cases.

He was. Listen to him. Makes 100% sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=JKRoFoy_Hpc

>nothing is peer reviewed

muh red pill

>100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness.
This is just an "us vs them" mentality that normies use to make themselves feel safe. It's a fallacy. The same way we look at suicide bombers and think "they're crazy" and consider it case closed.

Sure, it makes you feel secure to think that only people who are mentally deranged, peeing into mason jars and wearing tissue boxes for shoes, are the only people capable of shooting up innocent people, but it's wrong, and it's why mental health checks won't fix anything even though it sounds like a good idea on paper.

If people actually knew that people who commit gun massacres aren't mentally ill, that they were just normal people with nothing to live for, nothing to look forward to in life, and that you too could commit such a heinous act if you too lost your friends, your family, your home, your country... maybe we'd actually be able to save some lives.

But that's a scary thought, so let's just pretend they're crazy. :^)

>mental illness
The most divisive word of the 21st century next to "racist". Not buying it.

BS if that was the case every mass murder would use insanity in court and get off free. People who do mass murder others are completely sane, they are just to influenced by something/someone to do it. Take into example isis, cult members, gang members. They are all sane and understand what they're doing they just chose to do it.

>falling for the peer review jew

You know that peer review just means somebody read it and critiqued the methods.

This is something anyone with a brain can do.

That's fucking retarded. If anything is a mental illness, it's thinking that you get decide what is and is not a mental illness.

If a group of people is trying to kill another group of people and you kill that group of people, you're telling me that is a mental illness? If the only people who are willing to kill people are mentally ill people, then the world is ruled by mentally ill people.

You violate the law and get punished, it's how society works, most of the time, at least if you are poor.

I like your reasoning, you think there is a huge difference between the mental state of a guy that kills few people than the one that kills dozens?

Makes sense, thanks for the post.

Wouldnt they be still incarcerated even if they pledge insanity? here at least mental institutions are as bad or sometimes even worse than prisons.

So how do we make racism (like Dylan Roof's) or Islam a mental illness?

Every Trump supporter or Muslim apostate or white person would be considered "racist" by the sjw liberal regressives

>I have no understanding of science

Thanks amerifat.

>100% of gun massacres occur by people with mental illness. If you disagree with that statement, be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings.

There are devout Muslims who do exactly this.

>If I don't understand something, it means you don't understand it.

kys

That's Ted kyzinsky the unibomber

Didn't take into consideration that your from Brazil. But here in the USA the people who won their plea of insanity go to a mental facility until if said facility believes he isn't dangerous to the public health, usually 2-5 years. Mental asylum here are pretty nice.

But they usually do it because they are religious fanatics, right? That can be argued that's not a rational motive, at least imo.

Thanks, gonna look it up.

Aren't there those that can't be cured and stay in mental health care until they die?

Define mental illness because we're on a slippery slope here, many extremists are mentally ill but not all extremists are mentally ill.

Do you consider soldiers to be mentally ill?
You could say that they cause gun massacres as well as they shoot their opponents. They have orders to keep them in line and the geneva converntion and whatever.

Do you consider criminals to be mentally ill?
They massacre their opponents to either intimidate the general populace or destroy opposition. They do it for purely rational reasons once you've decided to go down the road of crime. I suppose you are familiar with this in your country.

Oh yes. I believe in all of this. Sure thing. Left wing statistics don't lie like CIA shills.

So the Nazis and commies were mentally ill?

Two faces of the same coin

>mental illness
You mean whites

How many of them are on SSRIs though?

Believing in a huge man in the sky that will give you free whores if you kill faggots, you are NOT stable mentally speaking.

Gotta say I'm not sure, what mental illness Maddox is talking about in his quote, but I guess it would be of the kind that is advertised all around schizophrenia, autism you know, the basic stuff. You bring some interesting points to the discussion, I didn't think about that before.

Well, the browns(arabians) also are guilty of those, there was actually a school shooting here in Brazil too, criminal wasn't white.

You got a source for that?

>be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings.

Timothy McVeigh?

Anders Breivik?

Having an unconventional moral compass does not in and of itself constitute "mental illness". Neither do narcissism or anger issues.

Then again, I guess everyone has a diagnosable disorder if you take modern psychology seriously (you shouldn't).

Not entirely. First, that is a very large claim. There are many different types of mass murderers and each has their own perception of morality and varying motivation behind their act of human destruction. Not all of them are mentally ill in the traditional sense. Some of them might be killing people for pure idealistic purposes.

Kaczynski is a good example. I've read some of what he wrote and he is incredibly insightful. His fears over the increasing power of technology in eroding human happiness and freedom are warranted, given how the mass amounts of information passing through networks are rapidly becoming organized by naive techno utopianist organizations (Google is building profiles of users by their habits and searches, for instance, or you know, the NSA's own surveillancd program). And his targeting of people involved with computers, is a rational decision considering that he needed attention for his manifesto and murder would bring it. Furthermore, the deaths of people involved with those projects would hamper progression a (very) tiny bit.

Also, the Google guys want to put a chip in your brain to help you search faster. They're also working with artificial intelligences that if, developed further in the future, will be beyond unimaginable in their intellect. Google is organizing the world's information with their engine, so what would happen if the engine was advanced far enough that it becomes intelligent? Look at what DARPA's doing with the Memex...

If we're talking about the school shooter type, then I'd say mental illness plays a part, but I'd also look toward the idea that these guys felt very alienated from people.

That's mostly what the media says about the muslims though, I wonder if that's true.

Yeah modern psychology is really weird.

>these guys felt very alienated from people
That's usually what happens when your opinions are different than what is acceptable by the population.

>Well you might consider that religion is a mental illness in itself, if you are edgy.
ISHYGDDT tbqh familiatortillia

Do you know what peer pressure means?
Have you ever lived in an environment where questioning fundamental religious beliefs was considered heresy?
Do you consider people who live like that are living in their own culture or a collective mental illnesss?
Do you think you might have some fundamental beliefs that could be interpreted as "mentally unstable" to someone with a completely different life stance?

>implying the guy that got put in a CIA mindfuck program isn't mentally ill

Also the religion question, you might call them edgy but if you genuinely believe in a heaven and a hell since you were very young and you genuinely believe the opponent is the devil incarnate, because everyone around you believes this or a least pays lip service to this.
Do you really think you would act differently in such a case?

Have you ever heard of the Milgram experiment:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

>peopel can be manipulated
>the true red pill is realizing you can be manipulated relatively easy as well
>the best defense to this is to always keep a critical mind to whatever people around you tell you and do
>you have to do this without coming across as lunatic however

>be prepared to make the case that there are some rational, cool-headed people who, after thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons, decide to commit mass killings.

I've rationally decided that the mass killings of kikes, fags, and leftists is a good idea and that the committing of said act is a fine thing.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
That's interesting man, will look that up, thanks for your posts!

This thread has been interesting but I gotta go take a walk, been siting the whole night and it hurts :(.

Ok good luck and don't be fat.

>If the only people who are willing to kill people are mentally ill people, then the world is ruled by mentally ill people.

now you're getting it

>You violate the law and get punished, it's how society works,
Laws don't define morality. All legal systems have been instituted illegally btw.

How exactly have they been instituted?

By declaring it-self under the threat of violence in violation of the system before it.

Its hardly natural to want to kill several humans with no reason. If they have an ideology behind it then that is likely the cause

Well yeah, you can commit a gun massacre from a rational motivation, like to serve a political agenda in a terrorist attack.

Jihadists seem to be doing a better job at shooting sprees now adays than lone mentalists anyway.

Did you read the work of Nietzsche?

Yeah that's what the media keeps saying.

Jihadists don't limit themselves to guns, guess that's why they have been doing a better job.

Are you mentally ill if you want to kill a certain group of people due being brainwashed since birth