Modern Art

Does anyone have any info on modern art being linked to money laundering? Pic related sold for $43,845,000.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-does-one-launder-money-using-art-work
hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/art/214699-guide-to-laundering-money-art
theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/european-business/economists-urge-tighter-regulations-to-curb-money-laundering-in-art-market/article26217852/
nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeum,_Samsung_Museum_of_Art
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably just a money scheme. A way to transfer alot of money without suspicion.

Have there been any famous instances of this? Or even links between criminals and modern artists?

quora.com/How-does-one-launder-money-using-art-work

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/european-business/economists-urge-tighter-regulations-to-curb-money-laundering-in-art-market/article26217852/

well worth it.
that blue is pretty fucking blue
and the stick, man the stick. that stick!
I'm literally shaking

I like the one on the right the most

nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html

>According to the air bill slapped on the crate that arrived at Kennedy International Airport from London, an unnamed painting worth $100 was inside. Only later did federal investigators discover that it was by the American artist Jean-Michel Basquiat and worth $8 million.

This one sold for $40,402,500

>laundering

isn't all money illegal when you have "too much"?

Actually kinda pretty. You can see structures doing shades in different form. This painting is pretty, but not $40,402,500 pretty though.

I actually preferred the left

>tfw your local art gallery unironically bought this for $1.8 million

Silly.

>$57.3M for some heroin nigger doodles

Thanks, interesting articles.

>“The tax laws in art make it basically legal to not pay taxes on art. If you’re a serious art buyer, you just get a good tax accountant,” former New York-based art consultant Beth Fiore tells Hopes&Fears. “If you show newly purchased works in certain museums then you never have to pay taxes on it.” Edward Winkleman of Winkleman Gallery maintains that his gallery keeps fastidious records of all transactions and pays taxes even on cash sales. But he admits that, “the state generally wouldn't question what is reported.” He also tells us that individual sales don’t need to be reported, only the totals for each quarter. Hypothetically, someone could buy millions of dollars worth of art without the IRS knowing, and then later sell those works for a “legitimate” profit that looks clean on taxes.

Pic-related sold for $6'000'000'000'000'000'000'000

yes, why do you think podesta has a bunch of weird undisplayable art

No problem.

Pic related sold for $21,362,500. My sister painted something similar for her kitchen.

>jew flag
>unironically not hating modern art
>talking the price down
checks out

Turn it 90 degrees and you got a very neat country flag. get will decide the name of the new country.

Eurabia

dude
i can just take a shit on a piece of paper and i could make up hundreds of "artistic explainations" on why it is worth 100,000,000$
something that takes a few seconds to make should not be worth so much

העולם הוא לא שחור או לבן אחי. גם אלו שקונים את החרא הזה עושים את זה כדי להלבין כסף.

זה כבר ברור, אין סיכוי שאנשים אוהבים חרא כזה

Redpill me on Banksy. Why does he wear the mask?

Is he involved in money laundering or is he just a savvy artist?

חחחחח כמה אנשים אתה חושב מנסים לתרגם את זה עם גוגל?

Imagine the insurance claim if those happened to catch on fire :^)

he's extremely mediocre

He's a sellout pleb tier stencilist. He wears the mask to give himself anonymity originally for legal reasons but now bc money.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder, and if someone is willing to pay dozens of millions for literal shit on a canvas, noone has the right to judge him or the guy who put it there.

Are you literal communists or what?

ALARM
ALARM
JUDEN CONSPIRING RIGHT IN FRONT OF US
GET ZYKLON-B

None of you retards know anything about art or the art market, these threads are hilarious, it's like watching a bunch of screaming chimps throwing shit around at the zoo, carry on.

refugeenia

Most likely this.

Good job Israel

What a priceless work of art.

$$ $$$$ $$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$ $$$$$ $$ $$$$$$ $$ $$$$ $$$$$$$$$$ $$$$ $$ $$$$$$

Then instead of contributing nothing how about inform us..?

Is this an excuse to post /ic/ memes?

חחחחחחחחחח אתם הומוים Sup Forums

:^)

I'm in the 'art market' in NYC. I am pretty deep in it. It's money laundering FOR SURE. It's a degenerate culture and I was put in place to destroy from the inside out. 2017 is gonna be huge RED PILL for the arts, believe me.

אוי ווי!!! חחחחחחח

pic related sold for $1,870,000. It seems to be making fun of modern art.

That's a great work of art though.

What's gonna happen this year?

The value of a painting is artificial, that's literally it. You can buy an "expensive painting" from a friend in Nigeria and write off the losses on your taxes. Then your friend secretly gives you back the money and now you have money that isn't taxed.

Burgerstan

Nah. Its a maid that "cleans" behind the painting. Wall behind it looks just like behind the canvas.

No cared who he was until he put on the mask

the exposing of the art/music fraud. I will personally bring down many of the 'art/music' schools in NYC by exposing the fraud that they are involved in. When that goes down, you'll know my name, for sure, and I will be happy to come back on Sup Forums and share the inside info. The next step will be exposing the laundering that is going on in the art world and the political manipulation going on in the CREATIVE music scene (jazz, avant garde, modern music, etc).

>tfw to inteligend too lige traditionul ard

Some day, when Merkel arrests me for my Nazi and merchant collection, I can honestly confess, I got most of them from Israelis.

You are not trying to frame me, are you?

Whos the artist?

topkek

Good luck, user. Definitely keep us posted. You're doing God's work.

Kek.

Art of the Deal has a small paragraph sort of related.

Its less money launder and more tax evasion by falsely making an artists name worth money because you and a few buddies paid stupid amounts for the art, then donate it to a museum asa tax right off.

muh dikk

Got screenshot?

Was it made in MS paint

Your going to be kill, good luck.

What's the best way to shut down the corruption? Stop tax exemptions for art donations?

People itt are over-focusing on the money laundering angle, which is bad but also relatively new.

The main reason art prices have ballooned up is that wealthy people have tremendous incentive for them to do so (because buying objet d'art is basically like a stock or real estate purchase that is tax-free if you do it right).

Investment portfolio managers for the rich will have these kinds of art investments as part of any rich person's investment strategy. There's very little downside and it's a very liquid investment.

K i found why. Bcuz a jew who's rejecting the bougoisie decided to paint abstract art in a empresionist way. That's why. Didnt read all the wiki, but art isnt define by the artwork but by what it represents or who it represents. In this case ........ well...... i let you racist fucks decided hum.

>thread about money transaction schemes
>Jews actually activelly discussing and sharing research

kek

Bryan Adam's Heaven

>art being linked to money laundering

Why not at leats we are doing research. Not a blind peasant. $$$$$ its almost free real estate.

>tfw working to be an actual artist
>see modern art bullshit get sold off for six gorillion dollars each
This bugs the fuck out of me. The whole point of modern art is to redefine what we call "art" in the first place. If the market gets so flooded with modern "art" like this, soon actual art is going to challenge our definitions of art.

What in God's name is that? I'd understand people enjoying Mondrian or Malevitch perfectionnism, but this shit is just awful

At least you don't have to worry about the Stasi cencoring and jailing you.

But maybe it's worth it, some Stalinist dissident artist said: at least the communists took us serious enough to censor us, today we just get ignored.

Would it be worth it to post some Hitler memes on the HQ of the NGO run by former Stasi Anetta Kahane?

Should have just made some crude phallic objects and said there is a "deeper meaning"

The reason it inflates so much is because people are willing to pay for things. Like whenever you buy something you also have the power to sell it and it might get worth more with time or less so it's more of an investment rather than just something you consume as compared to more normal products.

Tuvalu

Well they all have a better background then you. You fucking lazyfuck, go get known in your community first then you migth sell some of your miserable painting.

It's called the art of tax evasion.

pic related sold for $67.5 million

If it's the one by Shlomo Shekelberg then I find it underrated

Art won't feed you or your family bruh (at least not in my shitty cunt). Have you tried going to Architecture school?

Pic slightly related, I wanted to be a """cartoonist"""

MALLORCA
A
L
L
O
R
C
A

The nose knows

Its called pure libertarian. I buy what i want. Its my money.

Whos the artis dumbass

wtf i love modern art now

You'll see shit like this especially in countries like South Korea, where inheritance is supposed to be taxed but executives from chaebol companies use art to circumvent the rules. I think Samsung is even involved in the art trade nowadays.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeum,_Samsung_Museum_of_Art

You you wanted but had no sense of own style. This is waifu awful. Stop wanting to b jap you cunt.

Cy Twombly

i honestly came to this conclusion on my own a few months ago

i can't honestly figure out how people could have such shitty taste and pay millions for it...then I thought about money laundering and exclaimed THAT'S IT!

ICE
Islamic Caliphate of Europe

Holy shit
Modern art is a fucking scheme
The nose knows