If we say that America became the most powerful country in the world around 1918 and Britain was the most powerful...

If we say that America became the most powerful country in the world around 1918 and Britain was the most powerful before that, when did Britain become the most powerful country in the world, and who was before Britain? France is my guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/silverstein.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WVLGwTggO8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd say it was Britain since Queen Elizaben. Before that it was Spain, right?

Reminder that 90% of Manhattan voted for Hillary.

Liz the First was around 1550. But wouldn't Louis XIV's France have been the most powerful in his day?

You only became relevant after ww2

He was the most powerful monarch, not sure that France was more powerful than England though

Definitely france before britain and spain before that, then probably ming china before spain

A better question would be which country will become the most powerful after America?

The American economy overtook the British in 1871, becoming the largest in the world. America was also the world's largest steel manufacturer in the 1880s.

What were the years of Ming China?

I'm not surprised to see the Dutch there

what a pretty memorial to teach us the lesson of the power of insurance scams..

whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/silverstein.html

murder 2,977 goy, get paid $1,545,179.71 per goy..

like cattle.. except he has the opportunity to make shiney new buildings for himself.

good shagetz and filthy shiksa.. you mean nothing to the 8 gorillian killed in WW2.

Amsterdam / Netherlands was a province of Spain for awhile... is that when Amsterdam was the financial capital of the word or before/after?

the one who controls technology

first it was the romans who built roads, then it was the british who build ships

now its the americans who created the atomic bomb..

i say the next big thing will be energy related..

I think the Spanish/Austrian Netherlands was modern-day Belgium.

France was pretty damn powerful in the 17th and early 18th centuries, Spain's heyday ended in the 16th century.

>ships
Nah m8, more like trains, railroads and everything else.

dont fuck with us bitch we will smoke u under the table

oh yeah

>of the world

Britain wasn't an undisputed superpower until the industrial revolution.

Last undisputed power in history ;^)

England started her decline during the second de boer war. It required far more resources than anticipated, and ultimately came at a very high prize

WW1 effectively handed the torch to the US. The strength of the economy isnt everything, btw.

I think the next big thing already was invented, it's shale fracking.. the US is already seeing a tremendous amount of benefit from it.

I don't know this for sure, but have read that other countries don't have nearly the amount of infrastructure required to extract shale successfully, and will have to compete with each other for Persian Gulf/Russian oil while the US is energy independant

>i say the next big thing will be energy related..

Probably Germany then, unless some hot ass country actually invests meaningfully in solar and resolves the lithium battery issues.

Are you serious? Fuckin lol. Shale is the last hurrah of a doomed industry.

stop being so progressive and get a petroleum engineering degree

Mate, just face the fact that you hit your peak just after ww2 and you have been in decline ever since.

I think the US outlasts China, nobody can see the future though

Not if this guy has a say

I know several. Two were laid off over the past year, the third very fortunate to keep his job.

The two who were laid off now consider retraining for other employment opportunities

USA become #1 in 1946
Before that was Nazi Germany 1936-1945
Britain ended as #1 around 1931. Fuck knows when we first become #1 though.

USA will lose power around 2047ish when they become a mullato nigger mexican country, and then turn into Brazil 2.0, and then fall down to around #9

Next power is mayhbe China.

South of South America could have a good shot if they dropped the corruption and soialism

what does this mean? who had the mot during that period?

id argue and say while GB invented the steam engine, america used it much more productively.. your navy is where your power lied.. theres a reason why they say the union jack touches 4 corners of the world or whatever..

>loads of historical resources on the net
>fuck that
>I'll ask Sup Forums

There is a lot of emerging economies, not just China. You also have your demographics problem aswell.
You would need 10 of him to fix the damage that has been done to your country. 8 years is nothing.
We laid over 60,000 miles of railroads in india. Neck yourself you delusional cunt.

What else besides an energy technology could be super powerful? People say AI but I think thats way overhyped.

Obviously controlled fusion would be huge if it happened.. energy too

these are all opinion questions bro

thats pretty interesting desu.. fracking isnt a new practice and is wide spread, what type of infrustructure is needed for essentially the same thing?

US is pretty good demographically. This is where China is in trouble. US is better off than the rest of the 1st world

I don't know enough to say, I'm going off Peter Zeihan mostly

>nazi germany was a superpower for 9 years

was it honestly a superpower if it only lasted 9 years? even at the end of the war so technically you could argue for like 7 years? maybe even 6?

honestly?

cmon now.... germany was good, but it wasnt a superpower late ww2..

Britain was undisputed first after the 1st napoleonic war, so probably some time just before that or as a result of that.

China has some issues too. They have a giant income inequality gap and those huge ghost cities.

Not sure what you mean this is US I'll post China too... China has a enormous shortage of

>and who was before Britain?

Spain dingus.

>when did Britain become the most powerful country in the world

1588 when the Spanish Armada went down.

I'm talking about niggers and spics

Here is China...

the first world has even worse demographics. Check out Italy

congradulations you laid over 60,000 miles of RR in a fucking WC when we did it across burgerland.. connecting the entire country roughly 2.5 times bigger than pajeettown.. by ourselves and for our own personal benefit, not to enslave a bunch of pseudoniggers

take a compliment, lol..

kikes

just remember that it pretty much took on the soviet union, british empire, USA and a whiter brazil, plus pretty much the world

yes there was italy and japan on thier side, but nazi economy and science progression was immense

OK I understand

the next big thing wont be an invention

inventions will be commercailized instantly to every country with lots of money to pay for it

the next breakthrough will be institutional/monetary or in space mining where only few can achieve

whoever breaks the curse of the kike will win this game, with an energy backed currency

Historyfag here. For most early-modern European history, France and Spain vie for control of Europe. The tipping point is generally considered to be the Seven Years War, where an English-led coalition defeats a rival French led coalition of European powers in 1763. The Napoleonic Wars were a temporary disturbance of this world order, but England remained dominant until their empire collapsed in WWI.

Technically, American industry had completely eclipsed that of the European powers and put them solidly on top by the late 19th century, but America's military potential was untapped. The Civil War gave the European powers the right impression that America had no clue what it was doing militarily.

It wasn't until WWI that America's dominance was observable. America was still terrible at fighting compared to European powers, but once their observers saw eight warships being built simultaneously in Boston Harbor, they knew it was the end.

Germany has no future.

yeah and an army smaller than turkey in 1922.

Britain had control of the seas and enormous man power and military tech.

That doesnt mean it was 1st or even a superpower, it couldnt even defeat britain on its own.

That's why Germany started to degrade, not a lot of fossil fuel to harvest, in fact that was partly why they threw some world wars seeking to secure some of those resources but fucked up.

Energy is life, who lives and dies through the 21st century will revolve around fossil fuels, who has them, who can use them and who seeks to control them. In fact that's the entire premise and reasoning behind the man made global warming meme - to control life on earth by consent.

Yeah Europe is enslaved to Russia unless they find a solution for energy. Solar isn't going to do it.

And they don't have kids, only fuck refugees and get abortions

Start of clear British dominance is arguably 1815 with the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo. After that, the supremacy of the British fleet, ownership of global trade, and industrialization let them dominate the century. Germany and the US were at Britain's heels at the latter half of the 19th century, though the end of WW1 definitely cemented the US as #1.

Immediately before Britain, France was most likely #1 with their domination of the continent under Napoleon. Even before that though, France had been a dominant force in Europe from the time of Louis XIV's rule and the increasing centralization of the French state.

I guess Britian was done, when it lost all it's colonies, it use to own everybody. Then it lost the rest of them.

Britain #1 from 1604 - 1775
America 1# 1775 - current

When did Rome stop being the most powerful, and who eclipsed them?

Britain is shit.

If Rome was so powerful then why were they always getting BTFO from Germanics?

when it started training everyone it's secrets. then it ran into bigger guys on the block. middle east, whoever they were?

Spain, Britain, then America. France was always extremely relevant but not a global superpower like Britain and America, and Spain for a short time.

I think after America becomes nonwhite Russia will probably become the most powerful, assuming that they don't become nonwhite as well.

Rome was never the most powerful

>spain
>global superpower

>when did Britain become the most powerful country in the world, and who was before Britain?

After beating Napoleon.

>before Britain

In Europe? Toss-up between Russia and France after the Ottomans were turned back at Vienna. Before those two, the Ottomans after the conquest of the Balkans/Hungary. Before the Ottomans got big, Austria by virtue of diplomatic shenanigans. Before Austria, France again after France became semi-unified. Before that, the Golden Horde in the east had everyone spooked once the Mongols broke up. Before the Golden Horde, probably the Seljuk Empire after Manzikert. Before the Seljuks, the Byzantines until Manzikert, before the Byzantines, the Romans until the sometime around the 300's, and before the Romans, the Macedonians purely by virtue of Alexander the Great, and before the Macedonians, the Greeks by virtue of defeating the Persian Empire, and before the Greeks, the Assyrians, before the Assyrians, the Egyptians, before the Egyptians Sumer/Akkad simply because they were the only really significant people in the area that we know about.

what are you, fucking retarded? Spain was everywhere when they hit their stride.

A Spanish pope coupled with an unmatched navy and a professional army backed by vast amounts of gold.

China was never, and will never, be relevant. sorry

ah the romans. featurin charles bronsin.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVLGwTggO8U

They were "everywhere" because they started first, but couldnt hold on to any of it.
Like any of it at all

Parthians

Underrated post

which is a literally meaningless statement, and why I literally said in my post that they were only a superpower for a short time.

Let me put in a way your third world barbarian brain will understand; if I have sex with thousands of women, it's safe to say that I'm a sexual superpower even if I can't hold on to those women.

> they couldn't hold on to any of it

> 350 years of the biggest empire

> second longest lasting empire

> culture rooted on the planet as much as rome was

lol wtf is this chink smoking

They didn't hold any of their territories because Napoleon fucked Spain over.

>America
>powerful
Good one.

Definitely a power, maybe even no1 but not a superpower like britain or us
>losing to a lesser power
>still try to call yourself a superpower

>owning large worthless tracts of land and shitskins
>couldnt even defeat the english in 1588
>superpower

how many aircraft carriers and space programs does Sustria have again? how many world wars was Austria victorious in again?

>Definitely a power, maybe even no1 but not a superpower like britain or us
Alice Lyman Miller defines a superpower as "a country that has the capacity to project dominating power and influence anywhere in the world, and sometimes, in more than one region of the globe at a time, and so may plausibly attain the status of global hegemony."

This definition certainly applies to Spanish Empire in the 16th century. the world rotated around Madrid. international politics was defined by opposition or cooperation with Spain and Spanish dynastic circumstances

Your country isn't even a country for fucks sake, just the pre-stage to the NWO melting pot global state that kikes are planning since centuries.

Besides, "powerful" countries like America and Russia whose 1% is entirely ruled by kikes, aren't powerful.

> worthless tracts of land

> chinkapoor education

ok shitskinned asian

regardless of how cucked by the Jews America is, it's undeniable that America is the most powerful state in human history.

America is thousands of miles away from Serbia yet the American president made their country submit in totality and accept complete injustices with the push of a button. those are the kind of capabilities that any other country simply doesn't have

though our power is mostly a result of labour from the time that we were 90% white, it's true, and it's going to fall rapidly when we finally run out of borrowed time.

>dominating power and influence anywhere
Except europe where it failed in nearly every endeavour it embarked on.
Sure it could conquer some indians and steal their silver but so could any of the european powers. Spain just did it first like i said

Yep still mostly worthless now

do you see the map I posted?

Spain has control of the Low Countries, Lombardy, and the entirety of Naples and Sicily. these are the wealthiest and most densely populated parts of Europe and a long way from Spain. a country that "failed in every endeavour it embarked on" couldn't make these acquisitions

>Sure it could conquer some indians

it went far beyond just conquering the indians. they implemented their culture, religion, and language over most of two continents and conquered many territories in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

Spain 1492 - 1648
France 1648 -1815
Britain 1815 - 1920
USA 1920 -

This one seems right. But no Dutch in 1500s?

Have hope man
We can still be great

>Israel 1920 -
Fyp

Favorite thread in a while
This deserves a bump
Bump

Spain lost control of most of its european acquisitions as quickly as it made them.
>cant control netherlands
>cant defeat england
>cant defeat france
>cant defend the american treasutre fleet from pirates

Cheeky

im hopeful, i love this country. i just don't think that our demographic trends are going to be reversed in my lifetime.

which is, again, completely fucking meaningless.

Soviet Union couldn't even beat Afghanistan and fell apart almost immediately but they're still considered a superpower.

They were good for their size, but the Spanish definitely overshadowed them.

Anyday you want kiddo

Ussr was considered a superpower vis a vis the US, because it was the only one that challenged it for a while and managed to keep step on most cold war achievements, and of course being the dominant party of the comintern which was very influential globally. Also nukes, and it totally dominated half of europe.
Spain in the 16th century was not able to dominate europe

Hahahahahahahahaha

No