twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Netherlands

Are you fucking kidding me?
Only 30 million people speak netherlandish

They were probably the best colony.

Belgium

PLEASE DONT BE SERIOUS PLEASE DONT BE SERIOUS

>only invaded one nation

Oh, you think there's more people who speak netherlandish?

I was scared for a second there

>Country

>I was scared for a second there
Do you know Poland is the only nation who tried to colonize and failed?

Why did HiroshimaNagazaki flip the German flag?

>Only invaded one country
The heart of Africa, taken away from major forces like France and GB by pathetic little Belgium: predicting their future of being cucked by lesser countries.

Besides we colonized them in late 19th century when land wasn't up for the taking. And based Leopold killed lots of dindus while doing it.

America.

wow. More people speak ebonics than a former world player... and the people who originated it have provided nothing to the world but their approximation of the english language. Because they have been put on a pedestal by the (((media)))

Now you are aware that America's soft power is the hostile dissolution of other societies and cultures and replacement with McDonalds and Rap.

Great Britain

Yes indeed, we aren't even a real country and still managed to achieve more on an international scale than mighty Poland, how does that make you feel?

this

1492 is wrong. The colonization of Danes did not start until 1721 (Denmark and Norway went to trade here ultimately wanted to colonize it much much later)

Before that we traded with Netherlands and other various countries that took their time to visit.

I don't know about that, but I know what country made the worst: Portugal.

I would agree if the French didn't exist.

didnt some people from norway/iceland/denmark just move over there over time.
it wasn't really "colonization" but small amount of immigrants/traders settled there every now and then.

Britannia!

Not really. Siberia and Canada. Kalaallit were in war with Canadian Inuit before they ultimately arrived here. Some as far from South America. You can actually tell where Canadian Inuit settled, it's mostly Qaanaaq and Tunu, they have different languages up there. We had (West Greenland) had the same language as Siberians (we still use Nuliaq, it was Nuhlia for wife, don't know if Siberians still use those languages.)

Scandi came much later, Erik the Red arrived here from Iceland, then Hans Egede (both Norwegians) that resulted in colonization since Denmark needed blubber for light and also needed some trading.

It depends on your criteria on what 'best' means, but I think the UK and Spain accomplished their goals better than other nations.

The UK wanted places to satisfy their economic/social needs while remaining as 'British' as possible, so they got rid of their religious nuts in America, of their prisoners in Australia and so on, and despite revolutions and conflicts a commonwealth still exists.

Spain wanted to get gold and to convert people to Catholicism. They did take the gold, and you can see that the former Spanish colonies tend to remain very Catholic even to this day.

If you had stayed in the empire you could have been a first world country. But no we wants independence nows you ebin european. You weren't ready yet. You've made your bed monkey now sleep on it.

ok cool to know.

Spanish colonies were the better colonies until the nineteen century.

British colonies were good since the twentieth century.

The UK kept control over the most countries, the biggest colonies and for the most amount of time, no competion, the UK wins it

>implying you would still exist.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I gave the country away freely you dumb fuck.

Cofe time any time

for god's sake, when will people realize Mussolini conquered Ethiopia!?

Belgium never invaded it though, based Leopold II just bought/took it because he wanted to have colonies like every Western power. At first he wanted to gain the Philippines, but it was quite impossible to buy them. Also both he and Leopold I tried to colonize Hawaii before the US came, and there were several attempts at setting up colonies in Central America, the Pacific and in Guinea prior to the Rio Nunez incident.

Also nobody really wanted the Congo Basin until very late, that's why Belgium could keep it.

If you're Chirophobic, that is

Why can't you and Luzemburg reuinite with the Netherlands?

Because as much as Flanders dislikes Wallonia and vice-versa we both hate the Batavians more than our counterpart. Also Belgium became independent before the "linguistic culture" meme became widespread, our main goal was to be united as a Catholic country against retarded protestants before the French speaking elite went full assburgers.

Luxembourgers hate Dutchies too btw, they made them lose their last big clay and treated the Burg like a colony until 1890.

curland failed aswel
leopold II actually had a deal with spain to buy the philipines but spain lost the spanish-american war and lost the phlipos to the US

Netherlands is Catholic you oaf.

Germany and UK

Argentina.

We make Uruguay wich is pretty chill

>non of them speak German

Britain improved every foreign land it ever set foot upon

you mean the brazillian empire?

A lot of Namibia does. I went there for a hunting trip and most whites understand you. Many blacks too

Also true, thanks for adding this m8

Only North Brabant and Limburg are Catholic you spastic child. Dutch Limburg got cut from Belgium for purely strategic reasons (the Maas) while Northern Brabant became Dutch in 1579, long before the rest of modern day Belgium. Even then it wasn't considered a province, but rather a second class "State" under federal rule aka a military buffer zone against the Spaniards.

kek

>American education
They don't even speak Portugese.

>Botswana
>Central Africa
>Congo
well meme'd

Less than a third of whites speak German, and many just understand it because they speak Afrikaans. Also most blacks who speak a bit just do it because of German tourism.

namibia does not officialize german.

I wonder.

also
>Crete
>Puerto Rico and other nearby islands
>Falklands
>the Gambia
>half of Papua New Guinea
retarded map

>and many just understand it because they speak Afrikaans

You do know Afrikaans is dutch right?

It's meme Dutch. They have a lot of different (more archaic) spelling rules, a kinda simplified grammar and many loanwords from English and Indigenous languages. It's pretty much the same degree of difference as between English and Scots.

>Brazil invade our land and then lose it
So?

We still are the creator of Uruguay. We are the Virreinato del Rio dela Plata

citation needed

We tbqh, Tobago and someplace in Ghana or another of those African countries with the first letter being G, I know 2 is all we ever had, but hey, I can't be bothered that much

>It's pretty much the same degree of difference as between English and Scots.

The grammar between afrikaans and Dutch is exactly the same, the pronunciation is exactly the same, and more than 95% of vocab is similar.

implying you even had an empire.

>the pronunciation is exactly the same
Not at all. Listening to an Afrikaans speaker is like trying to understand an old Zeelander who hurt his chin in a terrible accident.
>The grammar between afrikaans and Dutch is exactly the same
No.
>and more than 95% of vocab is similar
It's pretty recent, of course it has most of vocabulary as it's mother language. Portuguese and Castillian have around 90 % of similar vocabulary despite having diverged for at least a millenia.

GB No doubt

Made 2 of the best countries in the world - USA and Australia

>empire
???

wut, no need for an empire to have colonies, a duchy is enough, literally everyone but a plebian had colonies during those ages

As someone who's half Mexican, I fucking swear Mexican Spanish has more differences than Castillian Spanish
youtu.be/uI49IqDCgg8?t=8m

Langfocus is a retarded source m8, I've found lots of mistakes almost every video. The guy doesn't do shit but learning the first few caracteristics of a language.
I'm half Flemish and half Portuguese, I fucking know when someone is talking differently.

quote from one of his viewers:
"Dutchie here. I can understand Afrikaans speakers almost perfectly. We usually poke fun at Afrikaans, saying it's "Dutch for dummies" because of the simplifications, but it's all in good fun of course. Actually, I do think the simplifications make a lot of sense and I think Afrikaans is an easier language to learn because of it. I think it's a really interesting language that's especially fun to learn for Dutch-speaking people, because it just sounds so familiar to us."

Ours were the only lasting white nations (no, Mestizo half-breed shitholes don't count)

What's that for an argument? I also almost understand Afrikaans perfectly, as I almost understand Latin American Spanish perfectly. It doesn't disprove anything of what I said, even less since you just quoted a random Dutch speaker in a fucking Youtube comment section.

It's just different accents with different words, sheesh

Korea

Britain, obviously.

YOU HAD NO COLONIES

Best Korean Best Post.

capitalism

holy fucking rare

kim jong un is that you

YOU MEAN WHEN YOU WERE PART OF JAPAN!?

We remained loyal until the last second, senpai. Please notice us!

holy fuck you madman,run,kim is coming

I don't wanna be the typical 'muh empire' Brit, but we easily have the best colonies. No competition

Why are you so mad? I know being in denial is a recent trend for the likes of you, but please acknowledge the facts

>acknowledge the facts
I refuse to believe that the claim you made is a fact.