Is Duolingo good?

is Duolingo good?

Other urls found in this thread:

lingvist.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's effective.

Good is a different question. I know some of the guys that were involved in its creation, and it's the usual story with that sort.

I use it to learn Portuguese and it's quite useful, but - of course - it cannot be your only course, add some Memrise etc.

You should be on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

However, no. It is not.

As someone who has learned a foreign language up to nationally certified fluency, I will say you need to use a variety of sources. Never just one. It's entirely possible to learn languages online and then practice in person or with textbooks alone and then practicing by talking and reading with people but you HAVE to use multiple sources. They will all present slightly different interpretations and views of grammar concepts unique to the language and you have to see each thing in many different contexts and different explanations to fully understand what it is and when to use it without sounding like a walking dictionary.

Go to another board though.

Eto dom.
Eto moi dom.
Eto Tom.

No it's not.

This. I know four languages and i need many different apps to show me my many mistakes to correct myself and become perfect.

>I know four languages
American, British, Australian and English?

In my opinion it tends to be too easy to be effective.

Check out italki instead

Italki is free?

No, you have to pay about $5-15$ per lesson depending on the teacher. But I reckon it's a lot more effective than Duolingo

gracias, senor

i find it way too retardedly specific on some things
also wrong board

Eh. It's okay. It doesn't give near in depth enough explanations for grammar.

It's also waaaay too easy. There are TONS of lessons that will explain a principle, but then give you absolutely no questions that test it.

>tfw 290 day streak

¿Por qué vivir?

Not politics.

...Spanish? You want future employers to send you on business trips to Mexico?

Yes damn it, yes.

I'm learning German from English (because Italian to German is not yet available), it's quite effective as a learning tool but as others have already said it should not be your only tool, for example it doesn't give you a lesson on all the German pronunciation quirks, which you should absolutely learn.

That said, Duolingo works best on iOS because you have access to two companions apps, one for flash-cards quizzes and one for conversational bots.

Si senor taco

>tfw learning french
I want to be multilingual: spanish, english and french

I speak Spanish and English and more or less Italian, but trying to learn French would push me to the absolute limit i think

try this:
lingvist.com/

see:

Je sais votre est un chien betê

Fuck off! Not your personal army. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH; REEEEEEEEE

Like every other program out there it's lazily slapped together by code monkeys who have just digitalized a fucking dictionary. It's laughably literal, and barely useful as a supplement.

You went for the bottom of the barrel joke there

>still no japanese duolingo

I hope there is rule 34 of that owl.

WANNA

It's nice to use in the bus or while you wait, but it's not enough to make you fluent. Also, they're SJW cucks. In the German course they added a lesson on religion and it had stuff like Islam, mosque. People started commenting REEEE and they removed all the comments and locked the comment section. Of course.

Can someone shop a penis ejaculating on that humiliated, crying face of his?

> In the German course they added a lesson on religion and it had stuff like Islam, mosque.
I don't see the problem IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE.
Germany is cucked beyond belief but getting angry at words is the best ammo you could give to leftcucks.

I saw some people complaining on their forum that their Norwegian course contains some example sentences about gay "marriage" and stuff like that.

Thanks, polebro.

It's some Esti or Finnish Duo-like website, but they have only 4 languages, still, from what I saw in their French course, it has some grammar explanations etc.

Yes it's four for English speakers, I took a few minutes to start Spanish, seems good but I'll withhold my judgement for some time yet. There's quite a lot of grammar up.

You tell me

This 100%.

Use multiple language apps/websites, watch videos in the language you want to learn, play video games in that language, read websites/books/articles in that language, make flashcards, begin to think in that language. Pretty much devote yourself to learning it.

Though, the most effective way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in a country that speaks it.

lel

>that fucking smile and glasses
top kek

>Looks interesting
>Start a Dutch course because the Dutch are fucking bros
>Check comments on one of the questions
Watch out Nederlander. They're coming!

It's crowdsourced and the people who make it are native speakers of the language. Check out Polish, there's none of that shit, and in Hungarian the comments are allowed to bash "sometimes, i am a man."

>learning esperanto