What are your thoughts on skyscrapers?

What are your thoughts on skyscrapers?

Are they the future? You could cram millions of people in such a small space with skyscrapers.

Do they symbolize power in a country?

Or do they symbolize a dick-waving contest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJeYe-abUA
youtube.com/watch?v=-pQdjwliLMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Built by muslims

Step it up America

lol no it was designed by germans and built by indians. Arabs rarely actually do work.

They're the glory of Man.

It was actually designed by a Chicago architect. It's purely dick waving, we have no need for a building like that

all of it. Here is a good video about how usefull can they be not just for housing.
youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
and then
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJeYe-abUA

>tens of thousands of people can occupy as little space as possible
>growing cities have infinite land to expand
>people are just going to stop fucking because cities are running out of room

The only place to go, is up.

The arabs just write checks. The actual architecture and project management is always done by europeans or asians.

we should reverse 9/11 that shit

Why do cities need to exist in the internet age?

With telecommuting, what can I do in an office in Manhattan that I can't do in a shack on the side of a mountain in Montana?

What? A collective of offices that need to be stacked to fit in amongst other stacks?
What exactly was that bitches point anyway?

Winner takes all and then collectivizes the losers to work for them??

Only expensive cities like Jew York and LA are at that point. Every other city has a lot of space to expand still

If you down have skyscrapers your pretty much a non country. Only the best keep pioneering and advancing instead of building 3 story brick hovels.

I'm looking at you europe.

desu no

nothing higher than 10 stories is really very efficient at current technological levels. what we should do instead is have lots and lots of mid-sized towers, rather than a few skyscrapers

Montana doesn't have a gigantic natural port to ship trillions of dollars to and from American cities across the Nation. Without large port cities, the cost of goods would go up astronomically. Planes can only carry so much shit.

New York yes. LA no. LA could just continue to expand into the dessert.

Yeah, you just couldn't do insignificant things. Who needs to visit a doctor, buy groceries, or have human contact?

Her point was that one should create what one wishes, without regard to having power over others or trying to fit in. There is no end goal of creation other than the work itself.

>The foist thing

Dropped. Learn how to speak before you make a fucking YouTube video Jesus.

So why do cali fags pay $2000 a month for a box instead of expanding? Lived in Vegas my whole life and refuse to visit anywhere but Northern California

A lot of LAfags commute into the city for work, much like myself living 50 miles north of Manhattan and working there. Isn't complicated really. San Francisco has rents like that though, LA is relatively cheap for a large industrious city. When I was a bachelor I lived in midtown Manhattan and paid half that for a 1br apartment.

Synergy.

Not just in a corporate marketing buzzword sense but in actuality. Certain industries benefit by having close access to professionals in other industries and a creative feedback loop of productivity and innovation is made.

Plus people are attracted to cities where there's opportunity for education, skills retraining, and career growth. If you're in a dynamic or competitive industry you want to be where the best jobs are, or at least where you stand the best chance of getting another job if you get let go or a better opportunity comes along.

Plus soon enough a lot of cars are going to be self driving so traffic will improve as it flows better and more cars are taken off the road to be replaced by shared taxis. Cities are going to get comfier.

they're a necessity for old cities or cities on an island that can't grow "out"

burj al arab (and just about everything else in dubai) is complete and utter dickwaving tho. most of it is vacant

Heh. I've lived in Seattle all my life and refuse to visit anywhere but Las Vegas.

Okay, that justifies enough of a population to staff the port. You don't need several million people to do that.

>visit a doctor
You think doctors only exist in metropolitan areas? That's bizarre.
>buy groceries
Grocery stores only exist in NY, LA, and Miami?

Easy to build giant things when you don't bother with stuff like fire sprinkler systems, and life safety devices.

Buildings are easy.

Infrastructure is hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=-pQdjwliLMA

You need good public transportation if your going to have a city with skyscrapers.

Miami for example is a joke as most of the high rises are unaffordable to the average working class and the metro line doesn't go to enough places requiring you to drive a car.

>appian way

It's a ploy to get us all crammed in to one location so that they allahu akbar us more efficiently.

Why can't Arabs invest in plumbing?

Is the plan to just leave these cities once they're no longer viable and retreat to the wealthy and isolated underground arcologies?

>Vizhshuns foa Eoawth