Is being attractive more important than talent when it comes to success?

Is being attractive more important than talent when it comes to success?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Py2fG-NgfkA
youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

sometimes neither is the key to success

Having jewish parents.

Gorgeous

Queen Leslie proves this

Are you implying that if it were not for Kurt being good looking Nirvana would have never taken off?

Yes. You can eventually achieve talent. Looks plateau and will never naturally improve.

>Bee good looking
>Have mediocre skills
>Still succeed

>Be ugly
>Have to bust your ass with skills greater than the good looking person to be on par with him

This is why I'm all for genetic engineering and cosmetic surgery. I got a jaw implant to look more nordic to hide my hispanic side and it helped me significantly.

or just change your name to Goldberg, it even worked for a niggress named whoppi.

Not really. But it helps.

Video killed the radio star

Explain Bob Dylan, Steven Tyler and Billy Joel then user.

THEYRE ALL THE SAME PERSON

CHECK THE DIGTS!

It really depend son what you're trying to be successful at

Bill Gates was never really a stunner

That's objectively true
If it had not been for the frontman of the Melvins being so average looking they probably would have been the big band of the 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=Py2fG-NgfkA

Depends on the field.

I'M SO UGLY
BUT THAT'S OKAY CAUSE SO ARE YOU

just gotta be willing to play along with (((their))) games

No

>tfw you look like Kurt Cobain and people would draw comparisons when you had long hair

>>Are you implying that if it were not for Kurt being good looking Nirvana would have never taken off?

>That's objectively true

No, it's not. When Smells Like Teen Spirit hit, the vast, vast majority of listeners had no idea what Kurt looked like. They just knew the music was amazing and had a new, raw, gritty feel to it.

Remember, this was the end of 80's big hair rock bands and the silliness that entailed.

Kurt could have looked like Joey Ramone and Nirvana still would have been a legendary band, they were just that good.

Nevermind is a masterpiece.

oy here come dat semite, goyim

Nirvana would've never acquired the obsessive devotion of Gen X youth without Cobain's personal appeal. They would've been another Sonic Youth or Pixies that everyone claims to have liked and listened to but rarely did.

If you are at the supermarket and want to buy a can of black olives, which one are you going to select? The one with dents in it, the one with a ripped up label? Or the one that just looks normal.

If you have a superior product, you could look like dog shit, but with competition being what it is in the work force you at least need to look presentable and be able to back your shit up

>Is being attractive more important than talent when it comes to success?

Its largely the reverse when you're young but by your mid-20's it does a complete 180.

Being attractive is way more important that talent once you've grounded accomplishments. People instinctively like things pleasing to the eye around them.

I will say the "type" of attractive you are plays a bigger role than just reaching a high enough rating on the spectrum of attractiveness.

I use the hot,sexy,cute paradigm.

If you're hot you're subconsciously attractive, which makes you respectable enough to tell others what to do.

If you're sexy you're unconsciously attractive, you're confident enough that people want to do things for you.

If you're cute you're consciously attractive, you're endearing and uplifting enough to get people to do things for you.

If you're ugly, you largely dont live in a warped reality and ground yourself in logic to develop your self-esteem.

>objectively true
>when looks are entirely subjective
That's some tumblr tier logic. There's no denying Kurt was talented, he wrote some damn good music and his voice is one of a kind. There are plenty of women that thought he wasn't very good looking either, but would be grinding their pillows to Steven Tyler or Dee Snider. There's nothing objective about looks, and it's not something you can count on for success in something like music.

The reason "Video Killed the Radio Star" is because many bands couldn't get the hang of decent music videos. Just look at Journey, many members of the band were, in my opinion, at least average with Steve Perry being above average in looks. They were super popular but their videos were so terrible it killed their momentum and they ended up being a side joke in Family Guy which brought them back into the spotlight.

I'm pretty sure I've set some sort of record for the amount of times I've beat off to stefania ferrario's instagram.
Goddamn she's fucking hot.
And her trashy liberalism, nudism, casual lesbianism, and desire for sexual freedom just make her hotter.
Why are degenerate whores so exciting?

Depends what you want to be successful at.

yes
its key

The potential to have been a one hit wonder doesn't preclude necesssarily, to being a legendary band.

Nirvana has sustained popularity because teenage girls still lust after Kurt and wear that fucking gay smiley t-shirt.

Their music wasn't broad enough to explain their longevity. His looks and his suicide, which appeals to angsty teen faggots, is why anyone still cares about Nirvana.

good song

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

buggles

to look so nerdy he's an absolute madman
a heart of stone and no conscience

Oh I dunno, he seems to really want to cure diseases & stuff, seems like a good guy no ?

Elton John, Michael Jackson, Susan Boyle..

Elton John looked pretty good back in the day...

>There's nothing objective about looks
There is though.
I mean, sure people have their own taste, but there is no denying Kurt was a handsome man and could attract many people.
If he was bald, obese, and a jawlet with fucked up teeth he would not be allowed on MTV to succeed the way he did. That goes for every popstar.
The big 4 grunge bands were literally filled with male models.
The rest of the Seattle grunge bands were filled with uggos.
Is it just a coincidence that attractive people have more talent? Wake up.

why, so he did, user. gotta admit, he hid it well, but.

hard work
networking
connections with people who network

As a fan of Sonic Youth since the late 80s, I must say the reason they didn't become huge had nothing to do with anything that can be compared to the Pixies or Melvins or whoever. They didn't become huge because they were avant-garde bordering on pure noise rock. They're not the kind of band that most people enjoy on first listen. (although they still gained legendary status and lasted until 2012)
Sonic Youth weren't ugly either. Kim Gordon was super hot and Thurston and Lee were also far from ugly.
SONIC LIFE

Exactly.

If you are in a field of personal ability being directly reverent to an outcome; artist, sports, research then ability is king.

If you are in a field that personal ability is a minor factor then you are almost surely by definition working with a large group of people and then looks are more important for advancement than ability. (as stupid as that makes humans)

Some fields cross over to a higher degree than others. Like politicians and actors, they need both but can get by with just either.

Fucking leaf

Yes. It's the most important factor in attracting and having successful relationships with women too.

I wouldn't marry a girl like her, but I would fuck her into oblivion.

>not really....the richest people in world are ugly as fuck...beauty attracts jealousy in the business world.

I never thought looks mattered much with underground music, Sonic Youth being of the fashionable but ultimately punk no wave scene. Really looks don't mean shit, look at the metal genre, look at the kings of thrash Slayer, fucking hideous melon heads. Doesn't matter!

The "halo effect" is well documented, attractive people are perceived as being better at their job etc than they actually are. This isn't entirely unfair, if someone is built athletically it suggests they have willpower and the agency to make long-term plans and work to achieve them.

I think looks matter to vapid pop music, Nirvana was 12 years of Seattle punk synthesized into an easy to digest package arranged by a group of label suits. They had to have the total package and a photogenic frontman to wail around dramatically in their videos was key.

No.

Have you guys ever watched Nirvana videos on youtube only to have half your recommended videos be Portuguese after the fact?

>Jaw implant

Really dude?

Jaw Implant sounds like a shitty 90s alternarock band

>implying cobain wasn't one of the most talented songwriters of his time

>looks plateau and will never naturally improve
You peak in your mid-late 20s if you don't bald

>built athletically
attractive != built athletically

Over successive generations the good qualities tend to flock together

Life is a series of barters. Those born with good looks require less effort to end up with successful partners and vice versa. This in effect grants their offspring not only looks and talent, but the right environment to nurture with more options. When the child enters adulthood, he or she tends to be more endowed than any of the parents, and thus moves up the ladder in the same fashion when looking for a partner.

Its not always the case though but over time the pattern is observable.

Rareflag is right

>Mike
>Rare

Hooooooo boy

Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend

Oh yea, for sure. I agree with you. Slayer alone is a good enough example. They filled stadiums. Their singer looks like a melted mexican.

Whos mike? Ive been called that twice already

I havent been here the past month or so bar wsg trying to catch up with annual goals.

In the american (((industry))) it is

it's a combination. you don't need looks (Milton Friedman, etc.) and you don't need talent (models)

In his case, yes.

Attractive people don't have talent though, and that's something that becomes apparent as they get older. Look at Mariah Carey's fuckup from Saturday night as a perfect example. Then you have guys like Steven Tyler or Keith Richards that look like old ladies but still have major talent to show for it. Kurt Cobain would still be intensely popular today even if he ended up being fat, bald, and missing teeth because he was immensely talented.

no Kurt, you might think it is, but determination is what gets you where you want to be.

For men it doesn't matter as much but helps. For women being attractive is 90% of the equation.

Being a kike is more important.

Yes, Elon Musk even had to get a hair transplant to hide his natural baldness.

Elon Musk was that insecure.

Nevermind was absolutely their worse album, you fucking pleb

He wasn't talented at all, the charts were full of techno when he got successful, and he was bought by kids who had never heard decent guitar music.

>decent guitar music.
indecency and raw energy was exactly the point though

> he seems to really want to cure diseases & stuff

so spreading zika through gm mosquitoes is curing diseases now?
ok

>techno
>1989
wut.jpeg

reason why nirvana and alt rock in general got popular was because the overwhelming majority of popular guitar driven bands at the time were hair metal faggots.

Take off your tinfoil hat.

>be an Ozzy
>be 10 years behind the times at all times

Yes there was techno in 89, just you never heard of it at the time.

You're right about the hair metal tho.

He was a shithouse lead guitarist, but a great songwriter

Pretty much all the four greats of Grunge had good looking frontmen

he wasn't even the most talented songwriter in his band

mmij