Why does Sup Forums love to boast about the 90s?

Socially and economically, why was it better than any other decade?
youtube.com/watch?v=zbmfQ8pB0Bs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPD_RHVFlys
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA
youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE
youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ofrqm6-LCqs
youtube.com/watch?v=8N-qO3sPMjc
youtube.com/watch?v=cAby-osXccU
youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=hPD_RHVFlys

i was happy and had friends to share moments with, and i didn't have to worry about anything else

Early on it had some cool toys, that was it.

more than half way there and nothing has changed. I just watched Home Alone last week.

death metal was at it's best

Because we are secretly 30year old man children who know that was the greatest times of our lives

Because I could get my dick sucked at a music festival without worrying about someone taking a video.

this plus autism

it was the last decade before the collapse officially began on 9/11/2001. lo-fi computers and tv also made for comfy feels. techno amish is the way to go. technology was best in the late 90s and thats where we need to stay

1982 master race reporting

inb4 the time capsule was/will be vandalized by some millennials for nothing other than 5 minutes of twitter fame

It was a good time. Smart phones and social media didn't exist, women were fresh, music was great, TV shows were entertaining, video games weren't dumb down like today, everyone was happy, it was a fun period.

t. born in 1997

GUYS REMEMBER WHEN MTV WAS COOL AND ABOUT MUSIC DURING THE 90'S AND NOT JUST SOME LIBERAL PROPAGANDA CHANNEL? NO? ME NEITHER!!!

9/11 is when everything went downhill

>105436271
My friend gave me a container of GAK for Christmas.

NO BRAKES ON THE GAK TRAIN

People seemed more active and talkative and generally enthusiastic about everything.

Everyone looks like a fucking zombie now and their social life exists solely on their fucking smart phones.

I refuse to fucking own one simply because I think people look stupid when their face goes slack with their chin against their neck. I want to violently attack people using their fucking phones.

Fucking snitch culture, total separation!

does this image trigger anyone else?
t. absolutely fucked childhood

I was a kid and didn't give a shit about politics or the economy. That's why it was based.

There's nothing amazing in that 'time capsule', basically just a bunch of materialistic goods, and honestly there are unopened gameboys out there that collectors own that are in just as good condition as what was put in there.

This is the day the 90s really ended.

>Sept 11th 2001
>The day the 90's ended

Doesn't quite seem right.

do you guys remember how much we talked about race in the 90's?

yea neither do I

Symbolically

> women
90s women were at the perfect intersection of maturity and neoteny. All we get now at best are girls who can drink and vote.

This so much. It was as though 70% of Earth's fun was riding in those planes. Things are fucking gay now, and I don't mean homosexual but gay like a 90's kid knows.

Speaking of which, this is a fascinating video
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
(blacks and whites reacting to the OJ verdict differently)

And has that comfy 90s atmosphere.

THAT WAS OURS, GIVE IT BACK, BITCH ! ! !

> lo-fi TV
The past few years have made me realize that not everything looks better in high definition.

Doesn't jive with me.

>What is Rodney King and LA riots
>What is "Million" man march
>What is ganster rap flourishing and talking about murdering police

You were too young. That's why you didn't talk about it. But it was fed to us on a daily basis in the form of elementary school programs, cartoon and education children shows (Captain Planet, PBS, CBS ect) ect

I had minorities in few of my classes ... and they were Canadians just like me, because there was not so many of them that they had to try to fit in with the rest of us.

>why was it better than any other decade?
Because it wasn't the 80s
>Phil Collins
>Shitty auto design
>Bad clothes

Alright you fags, let me FUCKING relay something to you

The 90s carried on into 2006 (right when i got into middle school)
And thats when everything went downhill
When did obongo take office? Thats right

The end of the 90s era

>cocaine
>automatic guns

Bitch i was born in 1985 and I remember all of that. It was par for the course back then. Not all this hyped up shit about non-issues

If you were in middle school in 2006 how much of the 90s can you really remember?

>Obama got elected in 2006

American intelligence

death metal had its only good band still existing

well i was born in 96 so obviously im the embodiment of the 90s and i should be reserved a seat at the 90s kids round table

The Cold War was over. The crime rate stayed to drop. Huge tension relief.

The economy did great on the whole. Jobs were plentiful. Gas was cheap.

kek, no kid.

I was born in 95 and I do not consider myself a 90's kid. Whenever people on my kikebook share a 90's kid meme I cringe.

Since when does Sup Forums boast about the 90s?

The 90's was a cesspool of degenerate Progressive thought that laid the foundation mindset of your typical SJW 25-35 millennial of today. If you think it wasn't, then you were cucked hard in blissful nostalgia.

wew that's telling

i was unaware of how unfulfilling and unpleasant life would be without basic social skills and apparently still clinging to some sort of hope that things would work out for me because i was intelligent.

really wish someone had told me about autism when i was a kit

>The crime rate stayed to drop.

Is this a joke?

The internet hadn't homogenized all creativity, so interesting new things were constantly being created or discovered.

youre right, i was shittin you.
But atleast the early 2000s werent bad, maybe its because everything was spill over from the 90s or something

I was born in '85. I remember a thing or two about the 80s but the 90s took me from age 5 to 15 - that's a 90s kid.

You are a rock solid '00s kid.

This is actually very true. Everything really has been shit in the West since then.

t. 1985fag

I'll admit it was blissful at the time, nostalgic in memory, yes. Looking back at it now, it was the final days of death throes of America

>Embodiment of the 90s
Bitch, 1990 reporting. You don't remember shit.

pretty much. the shock of 9/11 left a big void in the culture of the early 2000s so we were exposed to a lot of 90's stuff to fill the gap

The millennial SJW kids certainly came from that time, but degenerate progressiveness and its foundation faaar pre-dates the 90's lol.

It did though. It peaked in '94 then began to steeply drop afterwards.

Back when you could diversity in TV shows and no one gave a hit

Could any other decade have produced the smash classic hit Steal my Sunshine by Len?

youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA

People were so fucking happy then

gak

gak in sisters hair

gak would not come out

gak got sisters cut short

30 years on its still short

thank you based gak

Anyone born after 1993 can fuck off with "hurr im a 90s kids". Your only real 90s experience was watching re-runs from popular nickelodeon shows in the late 90s, fuck off.

> "What's 9/11?" the song

Because it was the last few moments of glory before nationalism became something to be despised by the average liberal citizen.

That's cause you jive nigga

?
short hair is disgusting.

Those sealed Game Boys are worth upwards of 2 grand now. What do you think they will be worth in 30 years?

youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

Will the Trump era bring us a based renaissance?

youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

>A coco from South Auckland is the voice of the 90s

This was the one thing I miss the most.

As a kid I never thought about race. I was colorblind and honestly it was ok. It seemed like people assimilated back then. Everything is so divisive now it's sickening.

man the 90s in America fucking sucked. Corporations really did fucking neuter your music scene

youtube.com/watch?v=Ofrqm6-LCqs

I had a long TLDR post I was writing but I truly think that it was regarded as a great time since no one was addicted to technology yet and society just operated differently.

9/11 + Smartphones fucking ruined the world.

fack off mate

youtube.com/watch?v=8N-qO3sPMjc

I have never boasted about the 90's, and I was born in 86. I just think that the sub-generation "iY" (The millennials who have no memory of life before the internet) are weird. I have more in common with GenX, the Boomers, or the Greatest Generation than I have in common with the latter half of my own gen, and I'm not the only person I know that feels this way.

as I said... colorblind

Kennedy's assassination is probably the precise moment in history that ruined the world.

I was ok with this. It sucks that when they grew in numbers they started refusing to assimilate.

I am from Europe and when my family came to Canada my father said "we are Canadians now" this just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

You have people coming into the country for only the economic benefits that do not want to become Canadians culturally.

When have you seen Sup Forums boast about the 90s? That's tumblr shit we like the current year around here.

well played

'86 here. Well said
Can you elaborate? Heard everything from Kennedy being a pinko who was soft on commies to the last proud American standing up to the shadow govt.

I always forget how long Vice media has been around

2001 was when the big lock down of digital media really went in to overdrive.

Prior to 2001 it was very easy to back up your data, practially all software was simply protected by a CD-key with no internet access required to fully activate.

Within months of sept 11 dozens and dozens of the largest software titles began introducing online activation or installing shady root-kits to bypass such software.

If you look for it there is a frighteningly enormous void of software from 2002 through 2012 where the software is simply unactivateable.

After 2012 almost everything was moved to the cloud.

It happened very quietly and almost nobody realizes it, but we not live in a world where a tyrannical world government could simply revoke all cloud software activation and stripping the world of the last 20 years of software technology.

Once they conquer the file-sharing problem, you should be very, very scared.

last one im drunk

youtube.com/watch?v=cAby-osXccU

You're just reinforcing my point with your shitty 15 year old girl music.

the (((cloud))) happened

Read this.

tldr me burgerbro

'85 here. I feel like I relate to Gen X more than Gen Y but I also know that I'll never truly belong with Gen X.

I would, if it was in high enough resolution to read it you shitcock.

teenybopper music was somewhat tolerable in the 90s: youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms
Shit's been full jew'd since.

God Niggers and Muslims are going to find that capsule and destroy it I am calling it. We have to preserve this thing thats last visual on humanity was Joey Lawrence.

I'm 21 and I silently lurk on pol because you racist old farts are the only people who make sense to me anymore. I don't know what happened guys. I really don't.

Back in the day I could jack off three times a day.

>you racist
Keeeep lurkin lol

I never said that you felt like you were a part of Gen X. I don't, either, any more than I feel like a Boomer.

I can just sit down and have a conversation with these people without feeling like I'm talking to someone from Timbuktu.

Gen iY is just out there, man.

Everyone I know has told me 9/11 changed the workplace and world as a whole...

Everything just seems so superficial and plastic now.

Just childhood nostalgia desu

Right click "open image in new tab"

Here is your (you)

Because thats when white countries were still white. The US opened their borders to non-whites in 1965 and Canada in 1971 but you didn't really start noticing it until about 2000. Now we are minorities in our own cities.