What is the best religion to govern a nation by and why that one?

What is the best religion to govern a nation by and why that one?

Other urls found in this thread:

tertullian.org/fathers/jerome_chronicle_03_part2.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/0614.htm
ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf03.iv.iii.xxi.html
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEsearch/SEsearch.php.
pnas.org/content/94/16/8380.full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christianity, because it is true

Good is defined by what God wants, so Christianity would be best by nature

Estoteric Kekism :3

Filthy christcuck

There's ample proof that it is true, you know. Like how all sorts of ancient non-Christian sources report the darkness and earthquake that scripture states took place while Christ was on the cross:

>"And the sixth hour having come, darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour"
- Mark 15:33

Non-Christian ancient historians reported this darkness and earthquake, though they tried to explain it as an eclipse:

>in the fourth year of the 202nd Olympiad, an eclipse of the sun happened, greater and more excellent than any that had happened before it; at the sixth hour, day turned into dark night, so that the stars were seen in the sky, and an earthquake in Bithynia toppled many buildings of the city of Nicaea

- Non-Christian Roman historian Phlegon reporting the darkness as an eclipse. Read it here: tertullian.org/fathers/jerome_chronicle_03_part2.htm

>This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls...an eclipse of the sun

- Summary of the non-Christian Roman historian Thallus reporting the darkness as an eclipse. Read it here: newadvent.org/fathers/0614.htm

>In the same hour, too, the light of day was withdrawn, when the sun at the very time was in his noon blaze. Those who were not aware that this had been predicted about Christ thought it an eclipse. You yourselves have the account of this portent still in your archives.

- Tertullian telling us that this event was recorded in the Roman archives. This can be read here: ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf03.iv.iii.xxi.html

But there were no eclipses at this time. Look at all the total eclipses in the world from 30-40 AD here: eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEsearch/SEsearch.php. Nothing even near the region.

So it is impossible for this darkness to have been an eclipse. Not to mention eclipses don't cause and have no association with earthquakes.

huh, that's actually really cool

Makes sense when you think about it - I should've thought to look for reports about His great works like that

Kek. Disregard the thousands of other deities worshipped by man, mine is right

Christianity!

Fuck off with your meme Christnity is the true religion

You're filthy

Christianity, the Byzantine empire was literally a 1000 year reich

>disregard the thousands of scientific theories before mine, EVOLUTION IS RIGHT BIG BANG IS RIGHT MY FEDORA IS RIGHT

>having this childish of an understanding of what christians believe

I hope and wonder how Kek is going to take care of us meme vets..

big bang was developed by a catholic fyi

See No other deity ever came down to be with His people and proved it with miracle after miracle that're attested in the historical record like Christ did.

God made us with a religious instinct. Humans naturally seek to worship - sadly, in most cultures, legends built up over time about there being other gods, or false teachers invented them and lead people astray.

But only teacher could ever say "watch, I have power over the heavens and the earth" and made the sun go dark and the earth shake.

I can't believe the hard-on so many people have for evolution. It doesn't matter even when you show them that it is mathematically impossible for all the types of proteins to be the result of mutation, they'll just "muh scientists muh academia muh groupthink"

Yes, Christianity... How funny, like when great Roman empire started to turn Christian, and suddenly fallen apart. Good old times with Christianity. Best religion to govern state is atheism (secularism).

No (((Religion))) is good, deism is the ultimate redpill

>suddenly
1000+ years

I think on a community based scale, it would be Christianity. Strong values tied to your neighbors' well-being and family values that keep them tight-knit. Larger governments I couldn't say

> when great Roman empire started to turn Christian, and suddenly fallen apart

Great revisionist history there

What brought Rome down in the end was the Germans, and by the time they sacked Rome they were Christians too. Rome had never been able to defeat them, it isn't surprising that in the end they defeated Rome.

Plus Rome wasn't great in any real sense of the word. The meager glories of Rome were only had by the ultra-rich who built them on the back of an immense slave population and forcibly subjugated nations.

Rome was great if you were one of the few ultra-rich, Christianity started making things better if you were anyone else

a fucking portoriko
>Best religion to govern state is atheism
like in SSSR

Also he didn't seem to notice that every country with an atheist majority has a birth rate far below replacement level, including his own.

Atheism can't even form a self-sustaining community, how could it ever govern?

Catholic because it governs itself separate from the state and holds government leaders accountable spiritually for their actions. Orthodoxy is basically a tool of the state but it has safeguards to protect somewhat against tyrannical monarchs, but state protestant churches are a joke. Just look at the national Lutheran churches, they sacrifice years of tradition and morality for gay marriage and female priests.

>tips fedora

pop-culture, it brainwashes it's people into not caring about what ever happens and helps stable ideologies enter the land.

Kekism is probably the best religion for everything. It is anarchistic rebellious and chaotic. And always in the service of lols and happenings.

>Catholic
pedo

Least worst would be either of
>Christianity (including Orthodoxy)
>Shinto
>Buddhism/confiscianism/taoism (inb4 not a religion)
>European paganism

Evolution (unlike Big Bang for instance) is a fact that happens all around us. Denying evolution would be like denying gravity.
>but its just a theory hurr durr
Theory never becomes law. Law describes things happening, theory explains things happening.
Theory of evolution by natural selection is the best one we currently have for explaining the occurance that is evolution.

The Law of Large Numbers makes microbes-to-humans evolution impossible. As pnas.org/content/94/16/8380.full notes, “Since most mutations, if they have any effect at all, are harmful, the overall impact of the mutation process must be deleterious”.

The Law of Large Numbers states that as your number of trials grows, the average in your sample will grow closer to the true average. Since mutations overwhelmingly erase genetic information, over time their effect will only be deleterious. Even if you have one that adds information (and, keep in mind, we’ve never observed this despite the untold plethora of mutations we’ve seen), it will be a fluke that cannot compensate for the much greater loss of information.

If your average is that you subtract more than you add, then you will inevitably see a decrease as the process continues.

So evolution cannot be right that we see an increase in genetic information over time.

Mormonism

Kill the non-believers and babtise their bodies. Facist state of Deseret when?

That's quite interesting. I never thought about it that way