Mmmm, yeah, drain that swamp

Mmmm, yeah, drain that swamp.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38494455
web.archive.org/web/20120316002126/http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20101003/EDIT0501/310039939/1044/LOCAL08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what you're saying is he doesn't work for them anymore. Really makes me think.

Yes, getting rid of government jobs is part of draining the swamp.

This is still Obama's Congress, you know.

Obama's republicans?

At the very least they aren't Trumps.

Except Dune Capital was started by Soros with $500 million given to Mnuchin. He is also a pedowood movie producer

(((ethics committee)))

But he doesn't work for them anymore.

Gonna have to register a truth check right here

Kek

lügenpresse

Drain the swamp into the white house.

Fight the kikes into having a protected Israel.

If only we listened to the current year man ;_;

I even helped Trump with my triplen get on election night

Trump said he would drain the swamp. The house Republicans, lead by king neocon Paul Ryan, has made no such pledge.

Takes two to tango with this government

>ethics

sounds like lefty cuck bullshit desu senpai

So could we see a fairly rebellious or at least fairly mercenary republican House and Senate during Trump's actual term of office?

Anyone got a reputable non-fakenews website I can read more about this on?

I fully expect vox to be lying through their teeth reporting this, so I need a better source.

I wouldn't call them "rebellious," they would still be following the traditional Republican leadership. Congress has only ever fell in line with the president when it suited them and seeing as Trump is an outsider to the Republican Party, they have no reason to "follow his lead".

They're going to be replaced by the new right. Republicans are on their way out.

What did they even do?

"The proposals, tabled in an amendment to House rules by Congressman Bob Goodlatte, would weaken the body's oversight of matters such as conflicts of interests and financial impropriety.
If the new rules package is voted in - as is likely as the Republicans have a clear majority - the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) would be renamed the Office of Congressional Complaint Review.
Under the proposals the new body would no longer be able to receive anonymous tip-offs, nor have a spokesperson, and would be under the supervision of the House Ethics Committee. Accusations against lawmakers would not be made public, as they are currently.
Any referral to law enforcement agencies would have to be approved by members of the committee."

Donald Trump drained the swamp with nuclear waste.

Oh and:

"While House Speaker Paul Ryan and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy were reportedly opposed to the amendment, Rep. Goodlatte - chair of a House committee - introduced it anyway."

Looks like they merged a democrat-created "independent" ethics review body with the pre-existing house-controlled ethics review body.

Basically just centralization, but the merged ethics board doesn't allow anonymous tips and doesn't make accusations public.

I think democrats are kicking a fuss because it removes a weapon they were going to use against republican house representatives. E.g. it's a vehicle for liberal racist/sexist/bigot shaming rhetoric.

Which just happens to make it more difficult to investigate misconduct, easier to hush-up such investigations, and near impossible to bring criminal convictions as a result of such investigations.

I still don't see how this is related to Trump.

Republicans don't have the majority and Trump would have to sign it.

>office overseeing ethics

What the fuck is that even? Even Finland doesn't have that. Just binged it.

I was being facetious, darling. He probably wasn't even aware of what's happening.

But even then, how do the Republicans not have a majority in the House?

lot of good this independent office has done the last few decades huh? Where were these guys with the 600k cuck shed Bernie received? or any of the Clinton shit?

how is this related to Trump

Although it would mean that Trump's party is at direct loggerheads with Trump's campaign promises.

And at the same time it prevents liberals from using it as a cudgel to run public anonymous accusations as 100% verified truth.

CNN can't go, "An anonymous report from the House ethics committee alleges Rep. Literally Who raped 12 kids" as a headline news report now.

They're not getting rid of ethics oversight, they're getting rid of the weapon democrats created out of it.

It was only set up in 2008.

"The OCE was created in 2008 after a series of embarrassing scandals, including that involving lobbyist Jack Abramoff who was jailed for conspiracy and fraud."

"Other notable cases in the preceding Republican-controlled Congress were those involving once senior Republican Representative Tom DeLay (whose conviction for money laundering was overturned on appeal) and fellow Republican Randy Cunningham, jailed for eight years in 2006 for taking bribes."

And what have they accomplished? Plenty of scandals since '08.

web.archive.org/web/20120316002126/http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20101003/EDIT0501/310039939/1044/LOCAL08

was this the ethics com. that did a great job investigating Hillary? or was it the one that said trump raped 19 women 2 weeks before the election?