Why is it wrong to hit your children these days...

Why is it wrong to hit your children these days. Back when kids were scared of catching a beating from their parents they didn't act like animals

Your kids will hate you.

I get nothing but respect and obedience from my children.

You loose a shitload of credibility as a parent.
You need that shit later.

desu men who were beaten by parents usually are more manlier and shit, they dont grow up to be cucks

So your dog hates you for all those times you hit him for pissing on the carpet?

when i was a kid i would always prefer the temporary discomfort of a couple of smacks to longer lasting punishment of having a toy taken away or something similar. smacks are low tier punishments for minor disobediences.

So you beat your kids? I know a lot of people who were abused by their parents and they all despise them. Some never even went to the funeral.

only if you hit them for no reason.

little shits know when it's well deserved

I don't have a dog and would not beat it if i did. Maybe water spray to the face.

What constitutes hitting? Spanking is permissible sometimes but not punching your child in the face or giving them black and blues...

they won't respect you, they will hate and fear you, which is very different

you have all the right in the world to hit them, but then don't ask why they ran away and never came back to visit at their 20

dogs need to be hitted so they learn, kids not, unless you are a subhuman without knowledge on how to properly raise your son

justifiably hitting your kid is not even remotely the same thing as abuse

you are on par with the dindus who complain about their child being murdered, neglecting the fact he was killed by a homeowner in the midst of an attempted home invasion

Because we don't want them to end up like you, I'd rather have entitled and confident shits than socially retarded reclusive shy losers desu

because most people don't have kids anymore so if you hit your kids chances are you are confused and beating someone else's kid or a midget

There's a big difference between abuse and proper rearing. My parents beat my ass for the longest time and I hated them for it until I grew up and realized that they only had my best intentions in mind.

just for clarification i'm talking about slapping/spanking, not closed fist type shit

>Back when kids were scared of catching a beating from their parents they didn't act like animals

But that's wrong you retard

Yep i can see that.

your job is to build them with steel in their blood, not to have them like you
you can't forge steel without a hot forge and solid hammer blows

If you are a subhuman animal who gave birth to an animal child that must be beaten into submission then you probably should not have children

I rarely got spanked or hit but I did on probably 10-20 occasions

I remember I called my mom a bad name, got slapped

I hit a ping pong ball at my dad and it hit him in the face, he punched me in the stomach (not too hard)

I punched him in the stomach once, he punched me back (again not hard). told me not to pick fights I can't finish (A VERY IMPORTANT LIFE LESSON MANY ARE YET TO LEARN)

one time I threw an ice cube at him and split his hand open, he punched me in the stomach

I have a great relationship with my dad and we still cycle together 6 days a week. I intend to raise my kids exactly how he raised me.

beating your kids is for people who do not know how to raise a child and have emotional problems themselves.

This

Beating your kids for no reason or stupid shit doesn't work.
When the kid somewhat understands why he is justifiably beaten, he angrily accepts it in his mind and tries to avoid fucking up.

But when kid is beaten for no reason it only provokes hatred, anger and resentment.

Kids should be taught harsh discipline like in the military from very young age so they won't become mommy's special snowflakes (neets).

based dad
thanks for the uplifting story

it doesn't matter as long as they learn disobedience = pain
then they will do as they are bidden

also through seeing the advantage conferred by power in action they will be motivated to acquire power

>exactly as he raised me

This is the problem. Spanking parents beget spanking parents.

An association between the parent and violence is made, albeit mostly unconsciously, every time you hit your child. Doubly so if they are under 4ish. Hard to love and trust any adults as a small child if you're wondering where the next slap or spank is going to come from

Kek

from experience they have a strong sense of obligation and loyalty to you because they're your kids (remember: in the wild if they didn't love you they'd die), they will prioritize anything you say above anything anyone else says until they're 14-15, at which point they will start to seek independence and will fight back if you try to control them.

if you beat them before they're 14, you REALLY better hope that they like you or they're weak cunts, because otherwise they will leave you the moment they can.

this is okay-ish, i have doubts about the punch in the stomach with the ice cube though if you were a teenager it's probably alright. if you like the man that's awesome.

"beat my ass" is quite a charged term and you probably shouldn't use it when you're referring to slapping m8.

i've tried to bring up the concept my siblings had of "playing" to some people i know, and they all had the same view of hitting your kids that you do. to them, "beat my ass" means "i fucked up and they smacked me on the ass", not "i was minding my own business, i didn't see them walk by so they came over and slammed my head into a frying pan".

to 99% of people this distinction isn't needed, but to the 1% of people like me you're probably best off keeping this in mind m8. not asking for you to start respecting pronouns or any of that shit.

doing that will result in your kids being incredibly scared of you but putting up with you out of obligation, shutting down the moment they hear your voice, or leaving you completely as soon as they can. do you have kids, and if you do are they over 15?

I'm starting to get a grasp that Sup Forums is that kid in high school that was really liberal to spite their parents, then went through their mid-20s acting like they've embraced all the shit they hated that their parents did/say.
>muh gotta hitcha kids, I got a ass beatin' as a kid, and boy I turned out to have respect

Remember Sup Forums, beating your kids is nig tear. Just go look on twitter where nigs brag about their "ass whoopins" they got as a kid

only something an autist would say.
it makes them more aggressive and teaches them that violence is a good way to solve problems, all this niggers and arabs get beaten by their parents, think about it you retard.

It's mostly niggers acting up. They probably need beatings.

spics get beatings and they aren't nearly as violent as niggers.

Same reason why "muh refugees" "muh black lives matter" "muh feminism"

Your kids won't hate you. My parents beat me when I needed it and it bloody well did need it. I love them more than anything because today im a based bro who doesn't stray and cares about his people.

nope but it was how I was raised
no I will have no shit from anyone, am very dominant in company etc

because I learnt the value of power - all that matters is the man at the top of the pile
and I will allow no other to occupy that position in any situation if i can help it

very welcome

the thing is I never wondered when my dad was going to hit me, because I was never abused. I was simply reprimanded when I did something aggressive towards him.

I wouldn't get my ass kicked if I stayed up late, didnt eat my veggies, or my dad had a bad day at work . I would considered that to be full fledged abuse

I',m 25 now, he's almost 60...but guess what? if I punched him in the stomach next time I see him, I'd expect he'd still punch me back.

even crazier, it's still not abuse

>Hard to love and trust any adults as a small child if you're wondering where the next slap or spank is going to come from
Except your argument is pretty much refuted by the very person you were quoting. You're confusing "hitting for no overt reason to the child" and "hitting with a lesson involved."

Look at the cases the guy you quoted stated:
>Insult someone, get hit
>Hit someone in the face, I assume on purpose though I can't tell for sure, get hit
>Punch someone, they punch back
>Throw something at someone and it injures them, get hit.

Do you want your child to go around insulting people and just seemingly randomly hitting them?

Kek this.

All the retards in here

>I was beat as a kid and now I'm based AF
>I beat my kids and they definitely don't think about murdering me in their sleep
>to my kid I am GOD himself, yet I abuse my power (physically and mentally) to lie to him and hit him when he (expectedly) makes mistakes that any child would make as they are still learning how to operate in this Hell on earth we call reality

nah I was still young. I mean I was being a little prick, I deserved it.

even if I didn't, I can't say I blame him. he was minding his own business and suddenly got pelted with a shard of ice, which drew blood. I might lose my cool too

Hispanics make up about a third of all violent criminals in America. It's hugely disproportinate to their population.

then you're either misrepresenting how your parents treated you and are the typical Sup Forums "i take the establishment and go waaaaay in the opposite direction" user, or you've turned into the exact same type of person your parents were. there's also the possibility you're lying, but who would lie on the internet?

me and you come from the same environment most likely, it's just that you have adapted to it in a different way. you have absorbed the lessons of your parents and have become like them, i tried to disappear and not cause a fuss but then got angry and cut myself away from them.

i'm sure you're not going to actually take my opinion into account, that's fine, just remember that you're damaged. you are necessarily blind to the damage that your parents have caused you.

Your dad sounds like a fucking nigger.

If my kid accidentally hurt me by doing something stupid I would educate him with WORDS as to why that was wrong and how it hurt me.

Only niggers hit their children.

If you are smart enough to not hit your kids, kudos.

All of the degenerates in this thread should be castrated.

I was spanked and hit by my mother whenever I did something bad as a child but it stopped when I was like 12, now I'm 19. I hate her but she's just a bad person outside of that as well, and a poor parent. The thing is, she doesn't and has never spanked my younger brother and he is the biggest shithead ever with absolutely no discipline, I always feel like punching him in the fucking face to show him his actions have consequences and he can't run his mouth and be rude to other people whenever he wants

it's not so much damaged as forged into a successful model to exist in the world
It's not like I have anything to do with my parents anymore, but I can't deny it was effective at making me self sufficient

>it's not so much damaged as forged into a successful model to exist in the world
yes, by being completely and utterly egocentric, only considering the views of others when it helps you. you don't have healthy boundaries, you do not "respect your own wishes above the wishes of others", you disregard everything that does not help you immediately. there is no middle ground, either people service you or you use them.

this is not healthy. you have become a monster.

my dad had blond hair and blue eyes, still works out daily at close to 60, has phd in electrical engineering from UCLA and has been employed by the same company for 30+ years. he is about as far from a nigger as you could possible get.

you sound like you're weak. just because 5 year old me could take more 'abuse' than present-day you, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with my parents. it does however mean that you are the human equivalent of a giant gaping vagina.

but these are just subjective value judgements

in the objective standards that counts I have:

>overwhelming confidence
>zero self esteem issues
>earn a good salary

and am generally successful
you're advocating disregarding a working strategy just because some people will judge it on subjective criteria
(which they will anyway, people love to have opinions)

>t. neets who are afraid of mommy beating them

In 18-19th century there was corporal punishment in schools were if children misbehave and act like spregs were beaten to fucking pulp so they won't disturb the studies and education.
Mostly kids behaved and were properly highly educated and were taught respect, discipline and to fear their superior.

Today most teachers don't give a fuck if kids yell and run around in their classes...
Misbehaving, not giving a crap about teaching and teachers and yell about vidya all day.
That's why we have alot of autist neets like you one the streets this days.

FY It wasn't an "accident".

he was in the yard doing something, and I started throwing pieces of ice at him. he told me to stop. I didn't. eventually one hit his hand and split it open.

I was fully aware I was not supposed to be doing that. I did not intend to split his hand open. I was aware I hurt him. elaborating on why I shouldnt have done that wouldnt have changed anything. punching me wouldn't change anything either.

I agree in that instance he didnt NEED to have punched me but he was just fucking pissed, I dont' blame him. if you're going to apply that logic (when is it 'necessary' to hit your kid?), there is never a justification for punching your child, unless they pose an imminent and physical threat to your well-being. I think there are plenty of times aside form that you can make a case for physical punishments.

The threat of violence is important tool of maintaining order, in the household or anywhere else. My dad never hit me, but I never had any doubt that he would if it was warranted, and that helped keep me in line. Like any tool, violence is useful when necessary and not wise to overuse.

you know you're hiding a scared self hating little boy behind that show of confidence tho, you want to break your kids because you were broken by your parents and you're too scared by your parents to get back at them

If you have to resort to violence to solve a problem with a child and are unable to outwit, manipulate, persuade or trick them into behaving then you have failed as a human being

I come from a big family...9 kids, dad worked like crazy mom stayed home and took care of us...mostly boys...we were fucking terrified of my ma...she beat the shit out of us (99% of time well deserved) taught me a lot of important life lessons.

>big family
>hated parents cause i always got the shit beat out of me for being a jackass
>moved out at 17 bitter and mad at them
>learned how fucked the world was over next year
>realized most people act the way they act because never beaten
I called my parents and apologized. We have been close as shit ever since.

Most serial killers were severely beaten, keep justifying ur abuse tho

This. A parents job has nothing to do with snuggly fee fee and being bff. It is to make the strongest smartest children possible. Physical Well said.

most serial killers were also raised by single mothers who used to dress them in female clothing

Bump

so the only thing that stops a woman from abusing their kids is a man around, they are vile and they'll make their kids vile too, if you've been raised mainly by a mother i have bad news 4u

Problem for another thread.

>Most serial killers were severely beaten for no reason

Fixed it for you mahomet.

We got real pandemonium with "stressless upbringing" in Poland. Kids make drama in shops, office or street, back in my day that woould be ended by quick 3 staps on ass and little cry, now I have those insuferable little shits running in my store with glass cabinets each worth 200$ and when they fuck something up their stupid mother-cunt will propably blame this shit on me.
Remember Sup Forums beat your kid if he/she deserves it. I will.

how to spot a cuck 101: stress caused by his wage-slav nigger-sallary job must be relieved by aggressing the weak, such as his children. Real man are steady. Calm. Don't let this frustrated faggots ruin the upbringing of those, on which shoulders the future of our civilizations lays upon, our children that is.

He has good reason to be fearful of a potential $200+ dollar loss that is of no way his fault. May be hard for you to understand as you have nothing worth that much.

Every ghetto black family hits their kids when they get out of line. They turn out great right?

t. I have reading coprehension problem or Im just fucking troll

I bet its the second. 2/10 made me reply.

Behavioral therapy sells

everyone pro-hitting your kid is an autismal fuck up and should give their kid to someone who isn't mentally retarded.

I understand that they act up and your insecurities for the day get a let-out, but all that is your own goddamn fault.

You shouldn't have to "trick" your children. If they respect you they won't try to push you to see what they can get away with.

But respectable people never are the ones having kids.

you want your kids to respect and love you
not fear and hate you
but you also don't want them seeing you as a bank
beating is what niggers do
spoiling is what lazy parents do
you need to be stern, honest, and bond with your kids and make

never seen a kid who actually respected their parents end up a fuck up

why is it wrong to best up white people?

my dads voice is really deep and loud, so whenever i did or threatened to do anything bad he'd raise his voice and i'd just shit my pants kek

trust me, when you're pissed at your kids and start hitting them even if they did do something wrong they're not gonna think they did something wrong
a good punishment is one that is communicated so they know why they're being punished
beat a dog for peeing on the carpet without showing them it is just gonna make them think you're just hurting them for no reason

Redpill: Due to the differences in individuals, some will have completely positive outcomes, while others will get completely fucked for life by being disciplined physically. I personally would not take the chance of completely fucking over my kids.

people are less "individuals" than you think, especially children

Being smacked was always more of my parents most serious display of disappointment than a physical punishment. I was spanked with a rolled up newspaper, so it never hurt that much. Before my spanking we would sit there and talk about how I had really screwed up to force my dad to resort to such a punishment. After the spanking we would have a second talk and I would decide what an appropriate related punishment for my action was.

One time, when I was already grounded, I went and found my gameboy and started playing it. That earned a spanking and we talked about how the purpose of me being grounded was not for me to find my stuff to get around the punishment. From then on when I was grounded my shit was left in plain sight in my parents' room and I knew not to touch it.

Good parents turn any punishment, including spankings, into a learning experience.

It's not one size fits all. I didn't care if they took away toys because I just started reading books and then enjoyed that, but the fear that my old man would hit me smartened me up real quick. He barely ever did though. Just made a big show when he was pissed off.

Back on planet earth:

Spare the rod
Spoil the child

Children who aren't disciplined corporally often grow up to be massive whiny pussies, and liberals.

>Grew up with an emotion driven father, who used to slap or beat me for bullshit reasons, not exactly a straight up violent man but it still made a good portion of life with him feel like walking on eggshells.
>Resented him more and more as years passed, spoke to him less and less.
>Completely cut all contact with him when I moved out.
>Still get messages from him wondering why I'm not in contact with him and how he'd want to know what's going on with my life etc...
Fuck him, he had his chance and he blew it.
I agree that there are some people who are simply so damn dense, that they need violence to set them straight, I actually know couple of people like this myself.
But it sure as fuck doesn't universally work for everyone and far too easily becomes a tool used in situations where the parent just happens to have a shit day and jumps to violence because of it.
It should be avoided in all situations, because it only breeds massive resentment in anyone with more than 4 functioning brain cells and can cost you your family.

>Children who aren't disciplined corporally often grow up to be massive whiny pussies, and liberals.
there is literally zero evidence of this

Beat that kid's ass.
I don't need another spoiled brat growing up to try and rob me, either by strong arm force my wallet off me or by pushing government taxes for programs their parents can afford for them.

It depends on the child.
Whenever I did something wrong as a kid I was never hit because I geniunly felt bad everytime I did something bad and I always apologised

Whereas my brother always provoked my father and needed to have his ass beat in order to keep him in line.

i have occasionally hit my children when they were younger, i told them everytime that it was a product of anger and frustration, they always understood and accepted my apology. if you have children try to never strike them and if you ever do, make sure you explain why it went that far and why you are a retard.

>doesn't realize he's acting just like his father by behaving like an emotionally driven child

You are your father's son

Look at the states that ban it and tell me again I'm wrong

correlation is not causation dumbass, show me an actual study

If you can't put your kid in line without beating him/her, you are a weak person(Because you need to use force on a creature weaker than you to make it do what you want) and shouldn't be raising a child.

>believing you can raise kids properly without hitting them when it's really neccesary

good luck with your gay, unemployed and delinquent kids

They're plotting to leave/kill you.

Idk nogs beat their kids all the time and you see how they end up

How is not wanting to be in contact with a person that treated you badly a childish thing to do?
That's far from random impulsive emotional behavior.
I bet that you think that just because someone carries the title "family", you should put blind value to it and their behavior should be completely forgiven and accepted.
Never understood that way of thinking myself.
Let's say this was some random person you've been living with, would you want to stay in contact with a person like that?
Hell no. There's zero incentive to do so.
So why would you accept it coming from someone else?

>why is it wrong to hit your children
It always was. Spanking creates slaves. Also, if you can't discipline your child without violence you're a lousy parent.

Nothing wrong with spanking for minor disobedience (I don't wanna take a bath) or even using the belt on their asses for the big fuckups (setting the house on fire). But straight up beating is abuse

it's not about beating them, but children basically become hysteric and they need something physical to stop them in their tracks so they can get their senses back. Children literally don't know the difference between reality and their imagination when they under 8 and often it's the only way to bring them back to their senses.

>mfw libs think a simple spanking, a very light slap on the face or a really fucking violent belting for the really bad things is "beating the shit out of your kid"

>mfw weak minded people with weak parents believe they need physical violence to be put in place
Literally nigger tier thinking.

Yet another burger with reading problems, no wonder your country is such a joke.
Where I said "beat your kid for luls and giggles"??
Beating is punishment, you dont carry a punishment without sentence.

This, beating is last resort.

>parents fed me
>intend to feed my kids
parents shouldn't feed their kids because an association between parent and handouts is made

If you're not a retard you can raise a child without beating & without it becoming an animal.

The ones that learn violence from a young age are the ones that grow up to be animals.

All it did was make me scared of my dad.

>kid drive you mad
>you beat some sense it to it
>start apologizing

cuck

I think it was always wrong. It indicates alot of lack of understanding and intelligence in the parent. It was more accepted in the past. Now days our violence is more condensed and inward, which isnt a whole lot better though way say it is.

Hey crumped, Ive seen your great parents in action, when after 10 min drama boung boy spit his mother in face for not buying him some shit.

Yep not animal, no no, it was young biritish gentelman.