How should we deal with rural and suburban retards who build stupid shit like this?

How should we deal with rural and suburban retards who build stupid shit like this?

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

send all urban people to canada

That's pretty horrifying.
Require a better use of space by buildings, and require each building to have a lot more green stuff.
Also require variation to prevent too much homogenity.
And simplest: Stop designing living space as if we're a race of cars.
Make it for people, not machines.

Looks like a nice suburban development with growing trees and compact lots. You want to see sprawl? See Atlanta or Nashville suburbs.

That's probably Arizona or somewhere similar. There's more green there than you'd see naturally.

Not defending it, but just thought I'd let you know.

That's not stupid it's efficient.

t.
Irrelevant Shit Hole

fuck you nigger

Does anyone know that location? I'd like to see it from a google streetview level. Maybe it's not as bad when you're inside it.

This look pretty good desu

WTF are you gassing on about?
Literally no one gives a fuck. Your "existential crises" should have tought you that, faggot.

What's wrong with it?

It's just where the government farms tax payers.

werent you in another thread asshole

werent you in another thread asswhole

Did someone say efficient housing?

It's just as soul-less, and impossible to find the exit.

This.

Does it really matter if they're arrayed vertically or horizontally?

Oregon's property prices are artificially high because of urban growth boundaries. You still have to fight terrible traffic to get out of town, and it still takes the same amount of time. 30 minutes of doing 20mph, or 30 minutes of doing 65mph. You pick.

Why no parks? It is not like you don't have enough room for them.

if anything this place is just a milf factory

Look who it is again...

They're made for cars, so they are made for machines. People just so happen to operate machines

This looks horrible. Not because of how it is aligned, but because of the lack parks, government buildings, commercial buildings in its vicinity.

>it's a europoor leaf fag thread upset that ameriashits have lawns

>inb4 only suburban and rural retards voted for trump

I guarantee if you zoom out they are all there

People who live in suburbs don't go to parks.
Only people who live in cities appreciate them.

Land developers buy a lot of land and squeeze houses onto them. That's why they all look the same. Building parks does not net more money in the short term. Sure, a park might increase the property value a bit, but there's plenty of land to build houses on so why bother?

Plus, judging by the extremely flat, previously completely undeveloped area, I'd guess this is in the Southwest, which requires a river of sprinklers to maintain open green spaces.

>Souless and hard to navigate for outsiders

That's pretty much an accurate summary of a council estate. I mean you missed substance abuse, alcoholism, casual attitudes to violence and misery but yea.

Build a lot more housing in the city
A lot more.
And keep homeless fucks out of the park.
For some reason mothers don't like to take thier kids to parks full of dirty homeless men.

Who would want a house made out of wood?

I've got my 5 acres and live 6 miles from town.

Fuck off. We're full.

THIS

literally no fucking community centers within 10 miles of me.

My Father grew up in row housing, migrated here in the 1970s. Looks comfy af desu senpai.

To live door-by-door with your neighbors...ahhh that would be the life.

Looks nice, but I don't like touching houses that much.

While I like the size of houses they build for this type of thing in America, I would also hate living there in a way, i'm sure it's nice and has nice people, but it's the kind of area that'd make me feel like I work a 9-5 job in sales

I can't explain it well, it just seems so.. mediocre in away

We should 'deal with it' by removing government distortions and regulation and allow a free market in building and land-use. People will naturally adapt these suburban areas to be more sustainable and walkable and economically robust.

A few of the government distortions to eliminate:
Mortgage interest-rate tax deduction
Minimum parking requirements
Height caps
Zoning
setback requirements
restrictive building codes
density restrictions
finance restrictions on mixed-use buildings
federal money for local roads

This is why you get your government to mandate green space development when a housing development is larger than a certain size.

American suburbs are pretty damn comfy. The picture shown looks like a late 80s style. These days you get more space and green belts and parks. McMansions are freaking really comfy, no joke. You feel like a king! You get a den, study, library, computer room, you name it!

A neighborhood like that pic provides good starter homes for young families. This urge to move into tiny apartments in cities is one of (their) tricks. Also rural living is not feasible for most people.

>Not a single small market
>Not a single newspaper stand
>Not a single bar, club or any other meeting place
>Not a park or place with actual tree
>Not a school, hospital, dentist, anything
>Only houses for miles
>Need to go EVERY FUCKING WHERE with a car.
>Traffic probably sucks if every go out to work together

God, living in such place must be terrible. I live in a rather small city and nearly everything i want is 1-3 blocks away.

>mandating government interference

Are you in the wrong place?

American houses get their shit kicked in by hurricanes because they're made from wood. Brick house master race

> To live door-by-door with your neighbors

absolutely _fucking _disgusting.jpg

Hurricanes dont affect the vast majority of Americans...

From personal experience it has its benefits. You tend to know more neighbors and get invited to more parties. Bills are cheaper too as you can siphon heating from the adjoining houses. However, occasionally you do hear your neighbors fucking.

I live 50 miles north of Manhattan, on an 3 hectare plot. I'd rather live in row housing than have inherited this stone Goliath. 20k in taxes alone per year.

neutron bomb

Suburbs are awful cattle farms for drones.

A man can only be truly comfortable and know himself if he owns his own land with no immediate neighbors.

Until then you are forced into a hive mindset with no room of your own in what looks like internment camps.

Excess worthless population.

I like the idea of many children for mine to play with. All they have is each other. The closest neighbor with kids their ages are 20 minutes away across town.

i live 30 miles outside nyc. quit crying bitch nigga

>muh free market

You know nothing about urban planning, sorry.

I am fucking European, even the far right here are left wing by your standards.

>Free health care for all

I can watch this all day.

Darwinism.

took a drive

through the sprawl

>reddit spacing
Not even read all that shit

There's a difference between urban planning and urban policy. I see the suburbs more as a result of public policy choices that shape the incentives for planners, but obviously trends and ideas within the urban planning profession can be independent drivers of change.

get the fuck out of their way

We don't want that faggotry.

We have too much of it already.

> witty repartee

you have erased the (()) part

BTW weren't you in another thread?

>fucking leaf and liberals believe this is bad

>20 minutes away across town

You must spend half your life cutting the grass on your massive housing plot.

>canada doest want more faggotry

What a fucking nightmare.

Thanks.
I dunno much about Arizona, might be that indeed.
Yes, but you could also try to make it enjoyable to non-car-bound people.
You know, people that might want to walk every so often, maybe that would like being able to go somewhere without the need for a car.

That's why everybody who grew up in suburbia is autistic.

rumor has it netherlands new "urban planning" idea was to allow hundreds of jihadis lose in the city and have no way to properly track them

no go back to 9fag and upvote the anti-american images, i know you wanna rage, faggot!

Why are all suburban white kids from Westchester wiggers?

check'em

Wood houses can survive hurricanes if they're built properly dipshit.

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

t. LeChuck

I pay landscapers to do that.

Probably.

>You know, people that might want to walk every so often, maybe that would like being able to go somewhere without the need for a car.
you can still walk in the suburbs
infact because you dont have stop for traffic lights they are actually much better for walking than cities

We don't build brick houses here, earth tens to wobble and they get their shit pushed in.

Hey, have you noticed that we lack both the shooting of Americanistan and the attacks of France and germany?
Wonder why that is.

Don't confuse us with Germany.

Everybody gets tracked here.
We are the country with the least privacy from the government.

Captain LeChuck???

heroine

This is shit. I live 30 minutes south of Atlanta and in my neighborhood everybody sits on at least an acre

>See Atlanta or Nashville suburbs
Can confirm. Stuck on Old Hickory in fucking Nashville traffic right now.

because you are a tiny country and shooting are rare

public transportation is ez

Takes more than a jazzy colour scheme to make commie apartment blocks habitable.

youre just letting them have free movement to go to whatever countries they want to. youre literally turning a blind eye like bitch boys.kek

I'm fucking dying here, the desperate delusion around here, for fucks sake!

> Si! He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

It's an american thing. Nothing to do with rural and suburban retards.

>Living on a major fault
>Living on top of a super volcano

I would literally get lost on my way home.

I hate cities, every street is the same, every shop has Halal signs in them.

Ignore this pasta.

The suburbs would not exist if the US had a free market in building and land-use. Only regulations like zoning and minimum parking requirements and resource transfers from productive cities make them viable.

I lived in a development just like this for most of my life

How can you look at this, and consider what it is, and not think it's one of the most beautiful achievements in human history?

You can also walk in the dessert, but for some reason that's also not always an attractive option, to understate things a little.
Without variation and places to go, as well as this mentioned lack of crossings to avoid traffic carelessly why would anyone want to walk? Where would one walk to that wouldn't seem like an endless repetititon of scenery?

17 million people though, highest pop density in the western world too if i'm not mistaken, city states not considered.
For comparison that's about as much as Denmark and Sweden combined.

Yeah, and surprisingly it's not having any negative effects for us.
I mean you can whine about bitches all you want, but if we succeed where you fail then what do we care?

>inb4 all the city people voted for Clinton

thats also on a golf course, kraut, which is very normal for those who like golf or live in warmer climates

That is a street in Phoenix, AZ and I drive on it every day

10 miles out of nyc. Fuck this shit

> Hardly any back garden
> No fences
> No privacy

It is kind of creepy.

kid lived