Seasteading/Deepsea Colonization

What do you guys think about the prospect of seasteading or undersea colonies as a prospect for creating a way to preserve and expand white civilization? There's a ton of research and work that needs to be done into it, but it would actually give a viable alternative to living in cities/countries that were being BROWNED while at the same time there are potential discoveries and huge upside, lots of natural resources like rare earth metals, plus aquaculture can be used to farm fish, algae, seaweed etc., not to mention the science and engineering such as marine engineering, shipbuilding, manufacturing, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

cares.nautilusminerals.com/irm/content/solwara-1-project.aspx?RID=339
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon
nautilusminerals.com/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1600-51626456/NautilusMineralsSolwara1projecthasthepotential
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

The world is in turmoil and I don't think there is time for these utopic dreams at this time. Sure, the potential is great, but we need to solve our earhtly problems first.

This is a viable idea and can be done.

I talked to an user on here like 4-5 years ago about this subject :( no progress since then.

Sure, but what if at some point things become so bad there really isn't much of an alternative? Say the catastrophic effects of global warming that some scientists are predicting come into effect, flooding much of Africa and the third world and making it uninhabitable and the massive flood of third World people flows into Europe and can't be stopped at that point. What do you do then? Do you just resign your country to being degraded horribly by the new demographic which will ruin the country you built?

But burgerfuck you cant raise cows underwater. No cows, no burgers.

LARP elsewhere you fucking faggot.

But niggers can't swim Hans. Returning to the seas is our only option. It's the only safe space remaining for us.

I'd love to do something like that.

We'd have to be very careful when designing them though. I don't want to drown :(

I like that concept you posted where it's still near the surface. We have to make sure they can withstand natural currents and weather but also attacks and stuff.

This is a worthwhile project and should be encouraged. Seasteading is more of a regulatory arbitrage thing, and can help popularize libertarian political philosophy and certain public policy positions.

Developing underwater habs would be a useful stepping-stone technology towards fully-sustainable biospheres necessary for space colonization.

Manatees are the cows of the sea. We'll just have to make new burgers out of them

just 2 major problems with living on the sea floor:

>little to no sunlight
>long term complications of living under 1 atmosphere pressure

I live in a seaport and am planning on doing some sort of marine research colonization project in my local waters before moving out to open ocean with larger scale marine construction of a concept I'm developing.

it'd be cheaper to colonize the Congo. air-tight pressure hulls are fucking expensive. think how many auto-turrets you could buy for the cost of one submarine.

Why everyone is all excited about going to Mars instead of building fucking Atlantis I'll never know.

Not really.

If we only focused internally and stopped expanding and exploring we'd never have the space program and Europeans wouldn't have gone beyond Europe to America, etc.
Good points, we'll need to research and work them out more
> Light
Light would have to be mostly artificial/simulated, probably in the form of LEDs powered via a tidal power generation facility or something
> Constant 1 atm pressure
You'd probably have to build within a contained structure and have a lot of liquid oxygen and nitrogen on hand in order to pump into the structure's ventilation system at varying pressures, not completely sure about the long-term technical challenges or physiological complications though
The point is to avoid those people, besides we were already doing that and getting a lot fine before, but the political will left, if we could go back to just being fine with doing that, making the world better for us and exterminating subhumans that'd be even better by me. Also a big part of the idea is that the difficulty and cost of the project would spur technological change and innovation, the Space Program was expensive and resource intensive but well worth it similarly.

It would be cheaper to colonize space than to have massive underwater habitats. I don't even mean the moon or mars, just fucking orbit. People have no sense of scope of the difficulties of deep sea or even just the first few hundred feet of pressure etc.
Just look at OP's picture. Those structures are massive, obviously hundreds of feet tall(deep?). Every 33 feet of depth is another atmosphere of pressure.

Habitations would be at the surface or in shallow waters.

It's just concept art, it doesn't symbolize anything in reality of what an actual settlement would look like.
Space may be easier in terms of initial overhead and investment, but the overall costs over the long-term seem much higher since we don't even know if they could be self-sustaining, at least undersea colonies could farm fish and underwater plants. Not to mention the transportation costs per kilogram to an underwater colony would be an order of magnitude less than to a space colony, which is critical considering how much they would need to restock.

LED lights are not as good as LEP lights which actually replicate natural sunlight.

your chance at making this a reality starts with deep sea mining

Yeah it seems obvious, the whole incentive to build such a thing is access to resources in the ocean. Rare Earth Metals could possibly be found in much higher concentrations which could eliminate China and other African countries' monopoly on them.

Food production and tourism would finance things in the beginning though.

Why would food production and tourism finance it? There's no established agriculture initially, they would have to learn how to effectively grow seaweed and other aquatic plants and also learn how to farm other fish species.
Tourism also seems unlikely, sure it would be interesting to go but too expensive probably for most people, not to mention niche, and initially what would be there to visit anyway? The only cool thing would be the underwater scenery.

If you want something to go terribly wrong do it underwater.

Colonization?
WRONG!
It's Waternization bitch

Fish is worth money. Tourists would want to visit for reef diving and such. These things are already being done.

Again, it will be easier to mine asteroids or the moon than the deep sea. I know that may sound stupid at first but if you have any science or engineering background, look into it.
Pro tip: the "colonize the ocean/deep sea resources" meme is at least 50 years old. Look up the many sea habitat experiments, all very small, very expensive, in very shallow water, and only able to be manned for days or weeks at best with supply runs from the surface.

Why do you think we have more of the universe mapped than the sea floor? Not for lack of interest.
Space is easy. GETTING to space is expensive right now, but people are also working on that right now. Getting to the ocean is easy. Being under it is not.

Underwater Ocean Mining is already a thing, asteroid mining isn't and probably never will be.
cares.nautilusminerals.com/irm/content/solwara-1-project.aspx?RID=339

You are right, assuming asteroid mining becomes to dangerous/ not cost effective due to satellite busters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon

Getting to the bottom of the ocean is easier then getting into space but it's a much more hostile environment.

The structures could be fitted with fish vacuum harvesters

Really? Did you read your own link?
They haven't done a damn thing other than exploratory missions since at least 2007 from what I can read, and they have some nice pdf's about a "proposal".

Spacex made it to orbit in 6 years. We have already landed on a fucking comet.
We have already brought rocks from the moon to earth 50 years ago.
Tell me again how deep sea mining > space.

This is a shitty thread also natty light harvesting fiberoptic pipes or whatever

It's going online next year, construction is underway and has been and the last set of delays is looking to be the last.
nautilusminerals.com/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/1600-51626456/NautilusMineralsSolwara1projecthasthepotential

Here's what will really happen: chinnks use this to devour their way thru the sea bottom.

Mars is better

youre a subhuman

Stupid idea. One point of failure and everybody drowns.

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT OF HIS BROW

Was waiting for this. Took longer than expected

Think how pale the white waifus would be.

Gr8 m8

No he's right, we might as well eat those vicious beasts. Every year, countless people are devoured by those pitbulls of the sea.

They taste like Kobe beef.

It's much more feasible to make something that floats, but it's retarded either way. Pic related types talk about it sometimes and always run off as soon as they see the massive effort that would be involved.

Screw it then I'm going to be a pirate.

the risk of stirring up some sulfur-devouring pyranosal RNA is just too great

Niggers can't swim sounds like a great idea.

Rapture is my dream

Africa will be the continent least affected by sea level rise, Europe will be the continent most affected by sea level rise
Why do you think all the Jewish oil corporations are shilling for fossil fuels everywhere including Sup Forums?
They want to drown most the white homeland so all Euros will be forced to live on high ground living with the descendants of the african immigrants of today, meaning more ficki ficki

>auto-turrets
topfuckingkek

What if it isn't just sea level rise but what if the climate changes enough to disrupt food production? In that case the West in the form of Europe and North America will be producing nearly all of the food for these places plus they might not have enough to just mindlessly give in foreign aid so the populations in places like Africa may have no choice other than to starve or move to places with food.

says the half Turk

>move to places with food
Yes, in 2067 we'll get a wave of migrants caused by Jews terraforming the planet in order for niggers to ficki ficki with beautiful white women

>not living on Uranus in a balloon

>large windows
>at any depth ever

Nope.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but we can build floating cities on Venus because Venusian atmosphere is thick

Colonizing Venus is easier than Mars by the way.

The Aftican population explosion and subsequent migration will BLACK all of us unless we completely remove ourselves sonehow. I think space is the best idea but under the sea might work too. We have to have a white nation before we have a white space program though, so the short term goal is still a white ethnostate.

When is Sup Forums and Elon flying to Venus so we can finally live in our paradise?

So it was Venus, for some reason I thought it was Uranus.

>sulfuric acid rain
>same surface pressures as the bottom of the ocean here

We may end up having to take matters into our own hands gentlemen. We must establish a floating seabase at Point Nemo as our launch point.

not as nice as Columbia

The mid atmosphere has earth normal temperatures and pressure we can literally live in floating oxygen bubbles in the atmosphere of Venus.

It also has 300mph winds.

And as mentioned, sulfuric acid clouds

This. PBS spacetime is pro Venusian colonisation as well
Pity governments around the world are focusing on that low gravity shithole called Mars when we could be right now having vacations on floating cities on Venus

>FLOATING

>FLOATING

Yes. And more energy and resources. Easier to get in and out of the gravity well. Plus grow killer weed in floating greenhouses.