Has anyone here ever unironically participated in a protest?

Has anyone here ever unironically participated in a protest?

Why? They accomplish nothing

There are no protests in rural/suburban shitholes.

Yes, the result of that was the impeachment of Dilma Rousseff

This. Protests stopped accomplishing anything a while ago. (((They))) wont allow it

Yes. Many I met my only gf there.

Those barricades are pretty ingenious.

I participated in the No WTO Protests. It was encouraging to see people from all parts of the political spectrum working together.

I was in an occupy wall street demonstration during my liberal years. Almost got arrested, but smartened up and left when the cops started cuffing people. I hated the banks and still do. The movement was filled with libtard hippies, and they kinda had the right idea, but they were misguided as liberals always are.

Yeah, by accident

I protested at my job, it consisted of me and 2 others guys who did a total of 90% of the work bitching that the other 3 lazy fucks who only did 10% still had a job.

When I was a kid I was part of an anti-abortion rally with my church. I was probably six or seven. All of the pro-life crew were nice, clean families smiling and waving at cars. We were being constantly harassed by disgusting Leftists, including one woman wearing nothing but combat boots. She was screaming and arrogant and had NOT AN INCUBATOR painted on her abdomen. I should have known then, even as a child, Leftists need to be purged.

This, and the British gov are well aware of this. The Police and Government are very, very good at using this to their advantage. They know full well that if you just let people protest, and corner them in the right places, they just get tired and go home after a short while. Protest movements easily fizzle out like this. Once you start pushing hard, using water cannons and such, protests get violent and it just fuels the fervor of the protests.

The idea is to let people vent, and the feeling of powerlessness from no change from protests, is more demoralizing than being trodden down by the plod.

I was at a pro life event but it turned out to be an fbi honeypot and more than half the people there were fugitive sex criminals projecting their mental illness on the world

I can honestly say I've never seen the point of a big organized whine. Plus large crowds are terrible.

sometimes i shitpost on an anime website for 10 years because i hate anime
lol losers

There were recent protests here in my town in the last few months of summer and the beginning of winter. These people were protesting AGAINST having a water slide park built on a large portion of land adjacent to the cities beach of the large lake that my city surrounds. Their arguments ranged from, "The lake view will be ruined", "Trees will have to be cut down", "The beach is already nice without it" and finally the most idiotic one, "Would increase tourism to the city" (mixed with sound and garbage complaints). I shit you not, the thought of tourism increasing in our city, bringing more noise and garbage was their most heavily pushed issue. Aside from that, the tree issue was something most people sided with. This group even went so far as to try to sue the city, twice! The city currently needs to decide by February if they will go ahead with the construction or the firm that has proposed the water slide park will just leave our city and go to the city on the south side of the lake with their proposal.

I was part of the counter protest, I seen no reason why people would be against this over just an empty lot with a few trees. The whole "ruin the view of the lake" argument was stupid to begin with because to the west side of the lake, there are homes on top of a mesa. So in other words, people lived on a cliff above the lake and they thought that water slides would ruin their precious view of the lake. Which it wouldn't. I even went so far as to talk to the owners of the land, the firm that proposed the park and the company that will manage it after. I was even offered a job by the company that will be managing it as someone who could do maintenance work and other duties as there would be a marina opening up as part of this proposal.

Same here. If Occupy could've been tighter, and kept to the issue of money in politics and the banks causing the economic crisis, it could've potentially pulled a critical mass from across the political spectrum.

Man, I watched Occupy deteriorate into a bunch of leftist infighting and internet slacktivism. It really started to decline when it became an 'everything under the sun' protest.

The biggest political threat to the rich crooks is the right and left uniting on one or two issues.

No, but I unintentionally ran in some charity marathon because all the traffic was blocked and I was late for a bus.

cont.

While I was counter protesting, I spoke to some of the protestors and they had no argument that could counter my most simple one. The water slide park will bring more money to the city and allow younger students to have a chance for a summer job while making the beaches safer as they would need a lifeguard on duty at all times. They had no argument against this. "Bu Bu But MUH MONEY!! WE DON'T NEED MORE!! MUH ECONOMY IS BEST EVER!" was more of what their counter arguments were.

It was absolutely pathetic of my city to stoop this low. With what was happening in USA and with the elections happening, it came clear to me why people did this. They felt empowered, they felt like that had a voice and could change the will of the elected officials who are more likely to be bought out. To be honest, at this point I would be completely fine with city counselors being bought out by the firm and anyone related to this water park slide, not because i believe in corruption but it would be a great push to wake up normies so they can finally to terms that they have no power in their voice from changing the minds of elected officials who get bought out.

Protesting something as fun as a water slide park, something that would bring more money to the city and enjoyment out of children is stupid.

Fucking hate 2016.
Have high hopes for 2017.

Yes. I camped out in zuccotti park during occupy Wall Street for about a month

No. Protesting doesn't occur in my country.

westboro baptist church came to my university once. i went out with a funny sign.

i protested my arrest one time
>sit-in protest

I'm Turkish. I participated in Gezi protests.
It was a good experience actually. Makes you realize media is full of lies.

Instead of hippies there were doctors, lawyers, teachers, all kinds of people which madr it kinda special and actually made us think we could accomplish something.

I'd still go to Taksim and walk with those people if it happened today.
Sadly nothing happened and Erdogan got more power which cause every sane turkish person to either get arrested or run away to another country. Last remaining people are searching ways to leave that shithole at this very moment.
Pretty sad really.

Occupy mostly became about income disparity between the 1% and 99%. It's hard to take a bunch of upper-middle class college kids seriously when they whine about the rich.

I went on a hunger strike protest when my wife's bull threatened to change the wifi password so I wouldn't have internet access in my cuckshed. I eventually won when I got too weak to go to work and they realized there'd be no money coming in.

I've done this three times! Really feels like I'm achieving something, you know?

Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

Mostly silently.
I don't buy israeli products.
I don't watch hollywood movies or TV from the past 15 years.
I don't listen to american music from the past 20 years.
I voted for Trump.

I protested Australia's involvement in the Iraq War. Thats about it.