Bizarre behaviour reported in A380 Crew

Ok this is fucking weird. This British Airways A380 made emergency landing in Vancouver in October because the crew were feeling ill. The crew was taken to hospital for dizziness, headaches and nausea. But now there is a report that details more alarming symptoms, including aggression, forgetfulness, confusion, and the inability to think straight and converse in a normal manner. Some crew curled up in corners on the floor with blankets over their heads. Members of the crew also stuffed food into their mouths while on oxygen, according to the report.

What the fuck was this? Attempted hijacking? CIA experiment? The crew became aggressive like zombies almost.

bc.ctvnews.ca/aggression-confusion-concerning-details-emerge-in-plane-s-emergency-landing-1.3224638

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrew
flightsafety.org/asw/oct10/asw_oct10_p64.pdf?dl=1
aerotoxic.org/faqs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerotoxic_syndrome
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if im not mistaken, captian != pilot..

just head servant..

so they got violently drunk night before flight and they became extremely hungover..

this, combined with loss of cabin pressure = mystery solved

ill take my scooby snacks

>born too late to explore the world
>born too early to explore space
>born just in time to grab a club, a gun, & survive the shit out of the zombie apocalypse

if digits, it's airborn

Sounds like they were overdosing on amphetamines.

adderall?

its literally a derivative of meth.. but the food thing doesnt make sence

If repeating numbers we dawn of the dead nao

No the Captain of an aircraft is most definitely a pilot.

>dizziness
>headaches
>nausea
>confusion
>cant think straight
>forgetfulness

So they all went out and got fucking hammered the night before?

Sounds like a weed overdose
Don't ever use more than 2 injections within 24 hours

Please be a zombie virus

Blame China

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrew

fuck you gook, fuck you for being right you fucking island monkey. i liked spirited away

Wow you also started watching the Strain?

If they were overdosing on amphetamines they wouldn't be hungry until they were physically on the verge of starvation.

I don't know my dear japanese.
Maybe they are a bunch of drug abusers or maybe there is a demonic entity inside the plane

flightsafety.org/asw/oct10/asw_oct10_p64.pdf?dl=1

This type of shit happens all the time.

>Members of the crew also stuffed food into their mouths while on oxygen, according to the report.

i know, ive taken adderall before (ILLEGALLY BC IM NOT PPRESCPRIBLES!!!!!!!! DONT REPORT ME!!!!)

>oxygen

no expert but you can aspirate if you have those things on while food, also lack of oxygen makes you do strange things.

How fucking stupid are you that you thought the captain was not a pilot.

sounds like a loss of cabin pressure

AWW FUG IT'S ZOMBIE TIME!

Nope, just leafborne

Day of the rake when?

>in line with everything else that has been hyped, the zombie apocalypse is just a nauseous rabies variant that died off because people are not as retarded as in movies

They shouldn't have eaten the fish.

God, that's one of the worst side effects of addy.

Literally 0 appetite. Oh, and jacking off vigorously for about 5 hours and not being able to cum.

>inb4 believing the media on anything aviation related.

Dey aint got no brains anyhow,
Yo um sheeeeeit.

It's almost like they had hypoxia symptoms dumbass

There's only one captain on a plane and he's in the pilots seat m8

Beeps

Someone from the catering team played a joke and put pepe in their coke

Pilot here,

First off the captain and first officer both fly. Depending on the aircraft and company, who does what changes. The captain is almost always much more experienced so he is usually letting the FO fly and monitoring the overall situation so he's not fixated on the task of aircraft handling - he will take over if something requires more skill (difficult landing).

This situation sounds like hypoxia or possibly CO poisoning (or both). Look up videos of airforce pilots in hypobaric chambers getting hypoxic. Its like being drunk - some people get mellow, confused, angry, violent, sick, whatever. Perhaps there was a malfunction with the oxygen or pressurization system.

Chocolate don't want no help, chocolate don't get no help

Serious? That shit gives you 5 hour stamina?

they said they didnt find shit on the plane.. everything was clear..

but i dont buy it, i bet one of the windows was ever so slightly off.. causing hypoxia..

Honkey sistah, the fish be mamalay me to da bone,

>struggle
didn't know planes were marxists

The jerking off only happens to me if i take a fuckload. Agree tho, raw dick shit sucks

If a window was even slightly cracked or off at 30,000+ feet you'd know it, you wouldn't be able to ignore the screeching. Assuming the cockpit pressurization warning didn't sound first.

This joke. Great joke. Uuuuge potential.

Could be anything... a line that kinked or a frozen regulator that later thawed, an intermittent electrical issue, possibly a leak that happened at cold temperatures at high altitude that sealed up when everything warmed up and expanded. Some of this shit can be nearly impossible to find. Lots of defects aren't discovered until years after manufacture. Look at vehicle recalls.

This sounds too much like hypoxia to be anythong else, but maybe it was hacked by russians.

Sounds like something faulty with the recirculating oxygen do-hickey

Years ago two F-22's at Elmendorf, AFB got BTFO because their oxygen generators were not working. One pilot passed out and crashed nose first (RIP 350 million) and the other landed the plane safely.

They were acting the same way with ATC. Now....stuffing your mouth full of food? Nah.

The fuck did you think the captain was?

Why would it affect the Captain and crew but not the passengers?

Well, it's BA we're talking about. It could be the crew meals weren't up to their expectations, or maybe the Captain's tea was served at the wrong temperature. They had a breakdown. Could also explain stuffing their faces afterwards.

>windows
That's what they get for using a proprietary OS and not GNU/Linux.

I don't know that aircrafts systems but possibly the cockpit is on a different circuit - so if the cabin depressurizes and everyone passes out the pilots are still good. I have heard of pilots slightly lowering cabin oxygen on long/night flights to help passengers sleep.

Could also be that if the crew was exposed to something before the flight - foodborne or otherwise - they all got hit. In the airforce we feed the captain a totally seperately prepared meal for just this eventuality. Not sure if civi airlines do this (or possibly ignored).

>if im not mistaken, captian != pilot..
>just head servant..
You're a special kind of stupid

Are you really a pilot? You don't seem to know how pressurization, supplemental oxygen, and human breathing works. No, the pilots can not 'turn down the oxygen to help people sleep'. In fact oxygen isn't injected into the cabin at all under normal circumstance. It's just pressurized so people can breath normally at high altitudes.

Stamina? I guess you can call it that. It's almost impossible to cum and you end up watching some regretful shit

>airshit
Boeing or nothing

Is that you Richard?

Oxygen is absolutely used to pressurize the cabin. I know on the C-130 its a liquid oxygen system (LOX) as thats a highly efficient storage method. You can have solid and gas as well. Emergency oxygen (masks) is usually from a different source for redundancy. The pilots may even have a little bottle up in the cockpit. Where the fuck else would they get oxygen from at very high altitude? There is not nearly enough outside at 30000+ feet.

And yes they can turn down the oxygen concentration and maintain the pressure because they change the partial pressure of oxygen ratio (proportion of oxygen to other gas). They do this with a control in the cockpit. Even a simple google search would show you're wrong.

Oxygen as a percentage of air is equal from sea level to much higher than 30000 feet. The problem is getting it into your body when there is no air pressure in your lungs. This is why they pressurize aircraft cabins. You learned something today.

btw that photo is a gauge showing quantity of emergency oxygen for the crew masks

Also, just like doing actual meth, your dick doesnt get 100 percent hard usually. If anything it feels like it gets smaller. something to do with bloodflow. Stick to opiates if you want to last. Lost my virginity on while doing oxy, lasted like 4-5 hours. Its not fun, trust me

don't listen to this guy, injecting a whole maruana is extremely dangerous, just say no

Hypoxia causes most of these symptoms.

Remember what happpened to zamo.

Why would you come in here and be so stupid? The captain of the plane is the chief pilot.

>an intermittent electrical issue
oxygen isn't electric, you doofus

you joke but they actually do use windows

>because people are not as retarded as in movies
You seem to have alot of faith in your fellow man

the nip is correct, the oxygen is only for emergencies, in normal operations it is fed through a compressor, heated, decompressed, and added to the cabin air

if you look at the lower part of the fuselage you can see air ducts

most planes actually use bleed air from the jet engines, but the 777 and 787 use electrical systems

Best orgasms are from speed and its variants. this is so true it hurts.

At least 50mg for your experiment user.

can't remember, it was always teatime when it was on

also wasn't allowed to watch paul daniels in wizzbit, because it was satanic, or play D&D

Partial pressure of oxygen is always the same, but some systems allow you to change the proportion. This is what oxygen regulators do on mask systems. Emergency oxygen just goes 100% oxygen. I'm not disputing how pressure affects breathing - but you can alter the total pressure. I showed that pic to illustrate it may be possible that cockpit and cabin are on two different systems. Normally you set an equivalent cabin altitude... so you want to put passengers to sleep you set it higher(pic related). I don't know the airbus system, just throwing out a hypothesis that isn't "aliens".

There are electrical components in the system - regulators, controls, etc.

Good to know, as I said I don't know the A380 system. Just throwing out ideas that don't involve hackerman putin.

Aircrew reporting in.

Aerotoxic syndrome, google it. tl;dr aerosolized oil fumes from the bleed air systems go through the air con and you breathe them. Most oil brands have a very detectable odour, most of the time it's invisible though I've seen a couple of occasions where it's been thick enough to see.

You first notice your eyes feel dry and itchy, then your throat does. By that stage you're heading back to land as soon as is practicable but you'll still likely progress through symptoms like light headedness, dizziness and feel... not drunk... but out of sorts.

What happens next for me, is I'll go and have a nap when I get home - and it'll end up being 3-4 hours and I'll wake feeling hungover.

Crews that have gone to hospital have reported low O2 saturation - not dangerously, but noticeable.

The more times you're exposed, the faster the symptoms come on and the longer they last. I know of three people who have lost their medicals due to symptoms from oil fumes.

>The captain is almost always much more experienced so he is usually letting the FO fly and monitoring the overall situation so he's not fixated on the task of aircraft handling - he will take over if something requires more skill (difficult landing).

Don't know about your outfit but in our operation the Captain and FO usually swap PF and PM duties each sector. Pretty much industry standard in Australia.

That is emergency oxygen supply, in normal operation, pressurised cabin is achieved by bleed air from the engines.

And for those too lazy to google:

aerotoxic.org/faqs/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerotoxic_syndrome

Military does this, but our focus is often on training so the AC (captain) is usually trying to get the FO as much experience as possible.

What sort of experience do your FOs come to the line with, and how long is the check to line process?

edibles will fuck you up senpai, I ate 2/3 of a 300mg chocolate bar before a flight and spent a good deal of it with my face pressed against the window hugging my jacket focusing on not dying.

RCAF training breaks down into 4 phases, 1 and 2 are common for all pilots and after 2 they split us off to jet, multi engine, or helo. You're looking at about 200 hours by the end of phase 2. Phase 3 multi-eng nets you about another 60 hours on a king air. Then phase 4 you train on type - which I think is about 40 hours. You start as an FO then train on the job at the squadron working toward various qualifications and maintaining currencies with the goal of AC (aircraft commander) qualification.

Not a lot of of total time but not all hours are created equal. Mostly dual instruction and they keep you extremely busy with very strict standards.

Righto, always interesting to get an insight into how others do things.

That IS strange. Definitely relevant news.

FWIW oil fumes inhalation leading to lowered O2 sat is more or less manifesting as hypoxia - with the added bonus of a few other effects

>American education

This here.

Weed

Fumes of some kind is a good theory. Possible to remain isolated to the cockpit if its entering the vents in the right place, and with the cockpit door closed that would keep a lot of it there. I know CO poisoning can mimic hypoxia symptoms as well. Different fumes can do nasty shit that lower your O2 sat.

There are sensors to detect that happening, gauges that measure it that are part of the scan, and warning lights that will fire if it occurs - as well as other indications. Plus, the cause would almost certainly be detected by maintenance actions on the ground.

It's oil fumes, like I've said above

Changing cabin pressure is not the same as lowering the amount of oxygen in the cabin.

Also, civilian aircraft don't use LOX

They are clearly wizards who have not attainted the golden robe level.

When a wizard does not attain his golden robes and attempts flight they are stricken with the pox

Everyone fucking knows this user
Even fucking hillary clinton knows this shit

Sounds like something related to the altitude and lack of oxygen

Similar to scuba divers go loopy if they go too deep in the ocean, not necessarily the same thing, but general idea

trust the fucking abos to have experience with oil inhalation

Fucking kek.

But seriously, what is way worse than oil fumes is the stink of five or six community coons in the back of a barely airworthy C206 - something that almost every half decent pilot in Australia has to deal with if they don't go the instructor route.

Or just a bit stoned :)

>C206
that what you fly?

looks comfy

been struggling to understand what the point of varible pitch props is, and how turboprops work. one site said something about it's a jet engine mounted backwards which blows the exhast onto a turbine connected to the prop

I haven't been near a C206 in about 12 years but they're a rite of passage in Oz.

Variable pitch props act kinda like a gearbox in a car - there's sort of a "climb mode" for take off and a "cruise mode" when you don't need as coarse a pitch. That's the tl;dr without getting too complicated.

A turboprop is, in simple terms, a jet engine connected to a gearbox - which then goes on to drive a propeller. You get the benefit of a light - compared to piston engines - engine that can produce a shitload of power more efficiently than would a piston engine of similar output.

>ctrl + f "cocaine"
>zero results

come on guys

Aside from the fact that it's highly unlikely drugs or alcohol are responsible for what happened on that flight - try Occam's razor - I'll tell you right now that booze is well and truly the preferred poison of the aviation industry - at least it is down here.

funny, that's exactly true in Canada too. Flying chugs around up north is pretty much a right of passage for civilian pilots here. Natives are savages regardless of geography apparently.

I could tell you some horror stories

aren't you glad you're no longer in reddit and tied to an identity? Why, you would have to fire up some sock puppet accounts to hide your shame. Here, you can disappear into obscurity. Yay!

I know there was an issue with early F35's oxygen supply being derived from exhaust causing pilots to get lightheaded, I wonder if they have a similar setup.

Google "bleed air" - it's pretty much the standard for every modern airliner except for the 787, which has gone for an electrical air conditioning system.

And yep, you're pretty much on the money for what this incident was.