Kek is originally from world of warcraft right?

kek is originally from world of warcraft right?

Yep when horde would say "lol" in chat it would get translated to "kek" if alliance read it. Most translations were not direct and would get scrambled so no one could decipher cross faction communication but lol-kek was one of the few exceptions that would never differ.

Eventually kek spread like cancer as a substitute for saying lol and the rest is history.

no

lol -> lel -> kek

Wrong.

correct.

wrong.

No, you are wrong, fucking newfag.

While it is true that people on WoW also used it. Our own kek started on Krautchan as a deformation of lel.

it's the korean approximation of laughing and it was a starcraft meme because of that, so blizzard threw it in WoW as an easter egg

wrong.

Sorry buddy, but your perception of reality is incorrect.

all of you fags are wrong

it is a manifestation of the god king's presence

kek started on KC because Sup Forums started using lel and nobody wanted to be associated with Sup Forums

I was there newfag. You weren't.

That's what I thought.

A gradual corruption of 'lol' into 'lel' and then 'kek' (since 'k' and 'l' are adjacent on QWERTY keyboards).

Though I'm sure WoW had something to do with it. I've never played WoW.

this
its from starcraft

its not you retard thats how koreans approximate laughing (haha, huehue)

Maybe, but I'll always associate it with WoW

You're wrong, friendo. You may have been there but it clearly went over your head. You should try getting better at comprehension.

for fucks sake you stupid spic please stop

you are making your whole country look even worse than they already do

It doesn't fucking matter what koreans do, motherfucking idiot

Knowyourmeme came up with that retarded explanation months after everyone was already using kek because Krautchan doesn't have any archives, and they only accept archived shit as proof

Time to gas yourself

google codex gigas for keks origin

m8, i remember playing wow and a horde would say kek and it was lol

its fuckin its origin and it evolved over the years from the topkek food ect.

now we praise kek

this is the correct answer. anything else is contrarian retards trying to sound like oldfags

Dude... are you really coming up with holocaust style historical revision theories to defend the origin of "kek". You may be in too deep.

I remember the threads in Krautchan, way before Sup Forums started using it

>why are we using kek?
>because Sup Forums stole lel

0/10

it was a starcraft meme because of the koreans before krautchan even existed you retard

This. It's from Starcraft. Personally I first heard it in warcraft 3. It's Korean lol

I saw it happen, I am just correcting you. If I gave enough of a fuck, I would go and fight it on knowyourmeme

i been on 4chimp since 08

when did all this gay shit you are suggesting happen?

Kek was from warcraft in around 2004, perhaps early as 2003 if you count the beta phase. Considering "krautchan" or whatever the fuck you are talking about didnt come around to 2007, YOU ARE WRONG. Kek originated in world of warcraft as the translation of "lol" from horde to alliance.

Stay BTFO darkie mcfuckface.

It's from starcraft

Korean players say kekekekekekekeke instead of lololololololol

That's where it came from

Plenty of 4channers used kekekekeke ironically before kek introduced in wow

>krautchan

Wow who cares spic?

lol->lel->jej->kek

wrong

lol>lel>jej>kek>zozzle

kek only became populare when hiroshimoot put in the word filter for cuck, which is still there actually, try to spell out cuck in all caps and see what happens

bitch kek has been around before the chink took over

I learned all my internet slang on runescape

but I only heard KEK on WoW

Origin is mix of WoW and lel evolution.

Mass dissemination is due to people thinking lel evolved into kek on image boards.

I always personally thought lel sounded way more hilarious.

Sup Forums is less than a year old than WoW launch release. I doubt there was much of anything on Sup Forums that early other than anime fag shit and a sprinkling of cp.

look at your damn keyboard
jej came after kek

lol -> lel -> kek -> jej -> heh -> geg -> fef -> ded -> ses -> zozzle

bur

So many différent perception and reality . THÉ TRUTH IS OUT THERE

you're a faggot

which is hwy i said it ONLY BECAME POPULAR, thus implying it existed before but was less widely used

why would the chink filter a common word into another common word retard?

>shart education

It's not that uncommon for a meme to have two different provenances. 'Kek' is a very good example. I don't know of any major research into the subject, but it would be a fascinating linguistic study to do a time-based hierarchy of a few major memes, charting their origins, evolution, and the communities that impacted the propagation.

Kek was used is used by koreans (its their lol)
It was first used in starcraft u fags

get him lil badger

>jej -> heh -> geg -> fef -> ded -> ses -> zozzle
>zozzle

Kek, nice try, zozzlefag. Milhouse has a better chance of becoming a meme than stupid zozzle

topheh

except kek has one and only one root to it: world of warcraft. Everything else comes after.

top zozzle very funny m8

could they even type with korean characters back then?

Pretty sure it's actually ㄱㄱㄱ: "kkk".

Argentina, you can get all the double-6's that you want, it won't make you correct, or white.

>little babbys first leaf raping
get used to it

t. americas top (zoz)

Yes. Been a thing since lurking here back in 06 but never really caught on til recently hence getting newfags like

I always thought it was a nod from blizzard because the Korean laugh using our letters was kekekekekeke, so it was shortened to kek for lol in WoW.

No. Koreans said kekeke, which is like hahaha or huehuehue. So technically you are referring to "ke"

Kek is similar but not the same. Perhaps it got put into world of warcraft as a meta meme in reference to "kekeke" but kek itself did not exist until WoW.

see my bottom shart

top lyl

Sorry faggot, your frog god was reborn from video game memery.

lel was made to mock redditors saying "le" everything (as in le trollface) during one of the influxes a few years back when lefty redditors were getting BTFO left right and centre here, because just like today, they had no facts to back up their arguments. kek came from that - not WoW. It was in the running with jej for a long time for the dominant bastardization of lol.We're not a bunch of bluepilled Horde players - no matter what "Know your Meme" tells you.

Stop repeating this MSM meme or GTFO.

And the moon goddess, Bur

kek existed before reddit did explain that fuckface retard.

EVERYONE LAUGH AT HIM

Wrong.

ok

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Because things can develop in isolation, even on the internet you fuck face retard. As much as you would like to fantasize, there is very little cultural crossover between Sup Forums and wow. Some wowfag saw kek on here and made the association. It was lel first, shithead.

I was here, when lel and >>>/reddit/ started, then it turned into kek and jej.

>t.a newfag leaf

fuck off

Yes
This

T. Wow player since 2005

wrong

quick anecdote- used to play on d2 asia, this was ~2000. kekeke and kek were used in place of lol. i don't know, but i'd assume, that the wow origins are there as well, but it definitely predates all the theories involving a different chan and so on... see these posts
and recall that sc predates d2 by a year and a half. that said, i think 1998-1999 are the origin years for kek, and it was meme used between sk players and western players. we would say huk huk baba jin, kek and had no idea what it meant but it was funny. they would say kek in place of lol. i think blizzard's reach is far wider then some fucking backwoods random chan lingo, and kek came from the SK sc players originally and migrated with each title. fucking owned, kek no re

Idk I used kek before it got so popular on pol and knew it from WoW.

>dat gif

I knew it from lel. I don't play wow. It is a shit game for faggots.

fuck off reddit chink leaf

Lurk moar newfag.

think you messed up your links there bud

Then it just means you were late to the party, dont worry, you arent going to be newfag forever

KEK

fuck off korea boo kim jong ill nigger

KEK BELONGS TO PEPE RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm never going to take up wow you jewslave neet cuck.

it's the laughter of koreans from starcraft

Don't you have islands to lose somewhere?

Clearly you are fucking retarded.

Lol being translated into kek was scripted into the fucking game. It wasnt something people typed. If a horde player typed "lol", it would appear as "kek" to alliance players. Thats it. Thats where kek came from.

Nobody typed "kek" in wow, or anywhere, until it was already a thing from the translation mechanics of the game. From there alliance players began saying it because it meant the same as "lol". And from there it spread across the internet.

Again WoW is far older than reddit. And if you count the beta phase of WoW, its about the same age as Sup Forums. I find it really fucking doubtful that the devs for WoW decided to code kek into their game based on some meme from fucking Sup Forums in 2003.

Keep being delusional and BTFO you retard nigger

Etymology of word kek is rooted in "kekekek zerg rush", a Korean victory shout.

I've been here longer than you, reddit chink leaf, and you can take your revisionism and shove it up your ass. "Kek" has always been well known because WoW and Blizzard games in general are always extremely popular and they are old as well.

Now fuck off you poser reddit chink leaf.

seriously seeing all of this praise kek bullshit is just not funny

fucking newfags who thought it was some amalgamation of lel

lets restate once again that kek originated between SK and western starcraft players and followed into other blizzard titles. unless someone can point to a wide use before 1998-1999, this is the conclusion of the question.

You would think that more people posting on a Korean g-string weaving forum would know this.

Wait, you are right.
Blizzard did this to both SC and WoW.
Blizzard has enabled us to revive Kek worship.
Blizzard has been behind this all the time.

I. WAS. HERE.

It was lel - to mock obvious reddit posters.

Maybe some horde fag started saying kek, but jej was also being said at the same time. On Sup Forums - that's where kek came from.

Not everyone plays your blizzard trash mmo.
You're clearly new as fuck here.

You fucking newfag piece of garbage.

Correct

Incorrect.

Your meltdown over world of warcraft is hard to watch, leaf.

Kek is from WoW

all who deny are petulant children wishing they were oldfags

I've been here longer than you

Been here since 07, on /new/ since 2 weeks after inception. No you haven't burgerkike.

We have a WINNAR!!!

the first mainstream non-chan appearance of "kek" came from WoW

kekeke was what originated with korean starcraft players. Kek did not. HOWEVER, kek is likely a nod and wink by the devs of WoW (who also made starcraft, mind you) in reference to "kekeke"

If you look up where "kekeke" came from, you would see that it was the translation of a korean character into "ke". Like their keyboard have a character that translate from gookrunes into "ke".

Your delusion that everyone plays wow, or that it was ever popular here is hard to stomach.

kek > 40 keks > top kek > le fagotry > lel > kek

The kek cycle started with green skins, and it has ended with green skin