GUNSHOW/ Private Sales loophole

Why are you people against Universal Background checks for EVERY gun purchase in the United States?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4166989/gun-control-obama-executive-action/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMW7x0fLaLA
theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off.

>WE NEED UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR GUNS!
>meanwhile obongo ships billions of dollars of weapons to 'moderate rebels' in Syria

get fucked you leftist piece of shit

Youre evading the question.

fpbbtfo

Why not just not sell to niggers?

I'm for it. I hate guns. death machines.

what part of 'shall not be infringed' is hard for you to understand?

the government has no authority to check anyone's background when they're giving weapons to islamic militants

FUCK YOU, YOU LEFTIST PIECE OF SHIT

Because what two consenting adults do with their private property is their business and their business alone.

SHALL

The thing about the "gun show loophole" is that it's not regulated in most cases because it can't be.

If you make it illegal to sell guns privately without going through government you're first going to need a gun registration and periodic checkups to keep tabs on whether a gun has been traded or not. That won't happen due to the pure man power needed to do such.

If they just keep a record of serial numbers, then people would simply file off numbers and you'd have less info on guns than even before.

Because what i sell to jimmy jake in the IKEA parking lot is none of the state's goddamn business

Fascist laws will never hold up in United States court Mr. Chink.

Stop calling it a loophole. Also, it has nothing to do with gun shows.

How to you propose private transactions be policed? Might as well have the police present each time physical cash trades hands.

>a simple background check for all guns
>Infringement

Whats wrong, dont you have a clean record?

Your ID confirms you are Satan and your questions will not be answered and you will not be looked in eyes.

You're ignoring my point because you're a filthy marxist fag, go burn a flag.

This is exactly how guns end up with Criminals. You dont even know who the hell Jimmy is

What loophole?

You mean that the FFL's at gunshows have to perform background checks?

If they have a table and sell firearms, they have an FFL.

Also, how the hell would a universal background check without a registration?

You didnt make a point. Nobody cares about shitty US Foreign policy. Its all for oil i get it. Republicans and Democrats are cucks for that shit

Now stop evading my question about background checks

What if the government makes everyone they don't like criminals?

>its all for oil

you must be like 15 years old if you're still eating up memes from 2004, you're a useful idiot who supports gun control. Get fucked.

>The government has the right to know anything about you
No

NOT

Because I won't submit a background to sell my pistol to my friend and no one would ever know the transaction took place.

Now what?

Because the Federal government has absolutely no legal authority to regulate intrastate sales.

That and it is a waste of police resources making non criminal acts criminal and has absolutely zero evidence (even admitted as such by antigun fuckwads) to help agaisnt crime in any way shape or form.

Also less than 2% of criminals got firearms from gun shows and that was before the Federal government mandated background checks on all ffl sales the majority of gun show sales.

Tldr
Supporting UBCs is absolutely insane

You fucking idiot.
Your thread is six months behind reality.
time.com/4166989/gun-control-obama-executive-action/

GAY

If i do my due dilligance to make sure that I'm not selling to a criminal then why does the state need to be involved into my private life.

This loophole. Such sad statistics

Your friend is most likely a nigger on his way to the southside of Chicago with that gun

>do my due dilligance
>without a background screening

Nice job

>smartgunlaws.org

5/10 I responded. This is now a dick thread.

Obamacare did just fine.
Unfortunately fascism is well and alive in undermining American liberty.
>Litteraly everyone in this nation
>Guilty of some obscure Federal state or local regulation contained in the tens if not hundreds of thousands of pages of laws/regulations and tax codes in this nation that would meet the criteria of becoming a prohibited person that simply hasn't been caught yet
Pick both

Then allow private sellers to run NCIS checks.

But we all know it's not about the background checks.

If we ask for permission from government every time a gun changes hands, it makes for suspiciously easy tracking of guns.

Who would judge who or who not would be able to get guns?

>Look at his bio and it has views against the gov. Mentally unstable to have guns.

Im not against this

Checked

Kek vult!

>Your friend is most likely a nigger on his way to the southside of Chicago with that gun
You didn't answer the question. Since you're so astute to respect addressing points, I'll let you try again.

>Because I won't submit a background to sell my pistol to my friend and no one would ever know the transaction took place.
>Now what?

>Its all for oil i get it.
Pfffffft ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
Wait you're seriously repeating Alex Jones circa 04 let me laugh harder
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

No
It's unrelated to thread so watch this later

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMW7x0fLaLA

>Universal Background checks doing anything
At some point the gun needed a background check. If that person hands it off to a mass shooter it's on him.

take your shitty gun laws and fuck off, cunt.

Make an app for this

First post is ultimately the best

>Such sad statistics
Why?

You are the nigger trafficker then

You've been able to privately sell a gun through a FFL since 4473s were a thing, the only reason people don't do it is because you'd need to pay the FFL.

Federal government has no authority over private selling of property within State borders

Because it's impossible for average citizens to do a background check that isn't much more than a google search and to implement a law you would have to implement either a catalog of serial number and/or registration which for something so small, cheap, ubiquitous, easy to modify, and MAKE is impossible without a lot of man power and resources that no one wants to spend on something that has no actual effect on gun crime or how criminals get weapons.

Another point, what cop wants to try to barge into someone's home to make sure they have the amount of guns they say they do? Even if they know the guy the cops will be shitting himself during his inspection.

I love your refutation, how about you back that up with proper sources. Ones that can be verified?

I can tell you that yes a lot of american made guns end up in Mexico because we sell them to them legally.

A small fraction of the firearms used in crimes in Mexico are traced back to the US (though the number of returns on the ones we are asked to trace are high because they only ask to have a few traced that are very likely smuggled) and at least 2000 of those came direct from dealers who were told to go through on known straw purchases or risk the ATF pulling their license.

This is why guns are trafficked to places that they dont belong. This is more than enough wiggle room to shit up cities

Government could mandate you cannot breath without getting a proper permit and everyone breathing without one is "trafficking air" your point is empty

Why do you need a background check when a crininal knows he wont pass it, and just acquires the gun (easier and faster) from other criminals with no paperwork?
hmmmm?
cmon one post nigger lets do this

>You are the nigger trafficker then
You're making baseless assumptions. Address the point.

No matter how Unconstitutional your proposed legislation is, let's say it somehow passes. I simply will not abide by it, sell my friend a gun while we sit around on Sunday night watching niggerball, and no one would ever know such a transaction took place, and would be absolutely unenforceable.

Now what do you do?

His record is irrelevant, his rights are inalienable and endowed by the creator.

WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!!!
Go to your local range and talk to some of the guys, maybe even get weapon safety classes.
Once you respect and understand the firearm your views will change.

Most sellers will do a background check anyways. Whenever I go to a gunshow and buy a gun they do a background check on their computers. They just run your license number and it tells them if you're good or not.

>This is why guns are trafficked to places that they dont belong. This is more than enough wiggle room to shit up cities
The iron pipeline meme has been debunked endlessly. All the places where these "loose gun laws are letting criminals get guns" don't have violence problems which is a clear cut real world practical example that firearms are in no way shape or form the issue. Guns are nothing more than a tool and their availability shown over dozens of studies shows they have absolutely zero correlation to crime and homicide.

Also transportation of guns across state lines to sell is illegal.
UBCs dont address what you're talking about at least learn the law before opening your mouth and saying something stupid

>performing mental gymnastics to defend scumbags like this

What a fucking joke

Private sales loophole
>I want x and will give you y in exchange
>x being gun
>y being $
Why is that bad?

So whats wrong with the government enforcing this as law? Wouldnt affect alot of people

The firearms on that chart
How about you go to a gun show and try out your "loophole"

>defend
I'm not defending anyone. I want insight in how you plan to enforce this. You proposed something. Now see it through to the end. How will you enforce it?

I'm sitting in my house cleaning a gun and my friend comes over. He is interested in purchasing it and proposes a price I'm willing to accept. It is now (Unconsitutionally) required for me to submit a background check to the government to sell it to him. I say "fuck that" and don't, give him the gun, he gives me cash, and we go on our merry way.

What's your plan now?

>If I show something already illegal that makes it so we should ban something legal
Yes that's mental gymnastics user

Also your image contains no less than 3 flat out lies.
A straw purchase is a felony giving a firearm or selling one to someone you know cannot own one is a felony and dealers must perform a 4473 and NICs check at gun shows.

>gun trafficking
>america
I don't get it, why would there be a black market for a commodity easily available at gun shows?

Daily reminder Nevada passed this background check law and got utterly BTFO so hard from the FBI to the point they can't even touch the law until 2021 to fix it and for it to be revoted on.

So who's

Leaf is right for once

"loophole"

because I have a domestic violence conviction, but I just pretend it's for freedom to maintain the moral highground

Hello Gun Trafficking Nigger

SeeGovernments can with a stroke of a pen make anything and everything illegal and enforce it and governments have in the past enforced the view that the world is flat and opposition would be met with strict punishment.

The laws you suggest are just as immoral and insane.

You can ad hominem all you want. You haven't addressed the point.

How will you enforce your proposed laws?

>background checks for instruments of DEATH
>b-but its immoral and insane!

You poor poor used gun sellers. Nobody gives a shit about you. Off it in a pawn shop and get over it

I'm for it.

>act like a nigger
>"theres nothing you can do to stop me"

Congratulations, When its illegal to sell a gun like this youll be in jail. Pray it isnt involved in a crime and Have fun! Because if it links back to you youre so fucked

I should add that when Connecticut passed their assault weapons registry and "universal background checks" laws that non compliance was so bad(in the eyes of anti American politicians) that the governor got on national TV and begged both the citizens and police to enforce the insane law he signed.

Even cops understand these laws are fucking stupid and a waste of their time hence why they don't enforce them unless a politician tries to force their hand which inevitably gets good people killed due to lack of police resources for use in real police work

>still can't find a way to enforce his unconstitutional bullshit

No user, you are the nigger, acting without thinking.

How do you enforce it? When you commit a crime you aren't teleported to prison. Cops have yet to develop psychic powers. So how do he end up in prison? Because right now there's no way the police acknowledge he sold the gun without a background check like with a gun store.

Fuck you. For work purposes I can only live in NY and NJ. For me these are literally the only ways to get a gun. I'm literally moving to NJ just so I can get a pistol and even then it's limited as fuck and I need a permit for it. Bad enough that carry is defacto completely illegal in NY/NJ in any capacity.

>When its illegal to sell a gun like this youll be in jail.
No, you're still avoiding the question. How will you know I sold that gun to him?

Well yeah, just look at Jew York and their SAFE Act. Not only can you not enforce them, the law enforcement doesn't want to. They're friends with those same people for the most part.

>You poor poor used gun sellers. Nobody gives a shit about you. Off it in a pawn shop and get over it
If you're going to troll at least bring up some retarded antigun FB page to copy and paste off of.

And if you're serious I'm taking that as a concession that you cannot refute the arguments presented and are just a zealot who gives a single flying fuck about logic reason or evidence.

Being antigun is the best example of sophistry in mainstream political discussion and those who support it do it from Ignorance or Malice about their actual intentions or are trolling.

Sources inbound

I hope you can trust your freedom in the hands of your "friend".

Guns involved in crimes should be traced back to the orignal owner and jail that owner for negligence as well as the shooter. Look how fast everyone will clean up their act

But this is a completely legitimate point? You can't stop private sales by magically saying "no don't do that pls".

Why do you care about what I do in the privacy of my back 40?

Gun grabbers gtfo.

>When its illegal to sell a gun like this youll be in jail.
FYI just because government makes something"illegal" doesn't make it immoral nor even criminal.

It was "illegal" to be Jewish under Nazi Germany and the law you suggest while in the nosebleeds is still in the same ballpark of immorality as those laws.

And again the Federal government has zero legal authority to do what you want

Dont worry, if your gun is caught up in a crime and you didnt run a background check on the day of the sale, thats your ass. If you did then the blame goes to the new owner you sold the gun to.

Problem solved

>Harvard study detailing how gun control is counter productive and a waste of valuable police resources

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that
>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/

Weed is illegal. Last I checked half the country has smoked it at some point.

How the fuck do they know you sold it if you don't have record of it dumbass?

>Guns involved in crimes should be traced back to the orignal owner and jail that owner for negligence as well as the shooter. Look how fast everyone will clean up their act
That's already done when it is proven that the original owner was actually being negligent or commits a felony by selling to a prohibited person.

What you want goes 10 steps above that and criminalizes noncriminal acts

>if we act like a brutal totalitarian dictatorship, that'll show 'em

jamal pls

This thread made me realize that the gun control shills have been busy with other tasty sliders. It's been a while.

>Problem solved
You're using pure conjecture not what actually happens in real life.

Also there's no registry to make this "magical solution" actually happen and the police themselves have zero intention of enforcing state level registration and a federal registration of gun owners has already been ruled unconstitutional.

Also seepic in
Even if the government wanted to enforce this they couldn't and trying to would again divert limited police resources away from real police work getting people killed by criminals even more

Dont worry smart one. We'll find you

>getting people killed by criminals even more

But that's the point of it all, isn't it?

Except what crime did the original owner, I'm guessing you mean private, do? He sold a gun and eventually a crime was committed with it. That's like saying if I sell my Saturn that I should go to jail because they committed a DUI something I have no control over.

I question how he thinks they know if a background check was done? Do they check the website? Do you print something? What if that got lost? Secondly apparently the police will only know about an illegal sale of a gun if it's used in a crime after the sale. Meaning if it's never involved in another crime the illegal sale: goes unnoticed through the rest of time.