Reading General

Does Sup Forums read? Good way to sharpen the mind.

I mix it up a bit. I mostly like history.

Post some recommendations and discuss I guess!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mqLVsYIqvi0
arktos.com/
counter-currents.com/
globalguerrillas.typepad.com/
mediafire.com/?yvik151c09uq15b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm trying to. Just finished reading a nice book about a Christian guy who became atheist then came back to Christianity.

Then I read Fahrenheit 451 the other day.

I'm just ADD as fuck so I have a hard time reading but I try to anyways because I think it's mentally beneficial.

have to read octavian nothing for retarded community uni. Basically some black kid is raided by intellectuals proving that its culture not race.

I was like you, my attention span was short but when I was a teenager I forced myself to read atleast 5 pages a day and eventually I just read my 5, but I ended up finishing a chapter everytime I sat down to read.

Find a quiet and comfortable area to read, and most importantly turn off your phone so you don't get distracted by texts or whatever.

Sometimes I will go to my local bar and have a beer or two while I read.

I used to read a massive amount as a kid too.

I think it's actually one of the biggest factor in what's made me an intelligent adult.

I'm getting back into the habit though. I like sci-fi. Read 2 Phillip K. Dick books earlier in the year.

The show (The Man in the High Castle) is really good if you afford yourself a bit of mental masturbation (((TV))) once in a while.

Yes I liked the book. I forgot I read that. That's 3 Phillip Dick books.

Other two were UBIK and Through a scanner Darkly. Both great.

books are gay kill urself

I tried reading at work in my downtime but my bosses got pissed

Phone is ok though, pic related

where do you work?

I work a security job so I read the entire shift lmao

Do you read the tattoos on all the gay cocks you suck too, you fag?

Seriously though, I listen to audiobooks while reading the same book in another language. Kill two birds with one stone. As for recommendations, I liked 'Thinking fast and slow', I think about things in that quite a bit.

I mostly have cookbooks but if you really want to get into the science of cooking the modernist cuisine or books from herve this are great

Yeah. Right now I'm reading a book on cultural evolution and another one called "Seeing like a state", which is excellent.

I'm also reading an old book of elementary physics which I find excellent and relaxing.

If you aren't reading anything right now. Go pick up The Count of Monte Cristo. You will enjoy the shit out of that book. Plus it's long, so the intrigue lasts a long time. I love that.

>tfw too intelligent for one language

I speak English, French and Greek all 100% fluently.

make me a meal please

>tfw too stupid to understand STEM and I suck at math
>ex gf did calc for fun and was the smartest girl ive ever dated and I kinda struggled knowing she was that much more intelligent than me

I used to
Jews beat it out of me with all the media designed to cut down our attention span
I was reading doctorate papers at 10 and almost went full blown Rhodes scholar at 17
Unfortunately I ended up putting the books down and have never been able to pick them back up like I used to, still never finished Meditations or The Republic because of it

Ive read it, 2nd shelf down, far left.

The brain's like a muscle user

if you pick one up and force yourself to read every day youll be back in no time

K

>tfw I will never be that good at cooking

Atleast I can make good steaks and porkchops right?

True, maybe soon who knows

Hardwork patience and a few dashes of autism make you a good cook

Start by eating well (google Perfect Health Diet) then see where you are with cognitive capacity. Also, Deschanel's "Elementary treatise of natural philosophy", which is available for free on Google book, is literally baby tier physics with very little math. I haven't encountered the notion of a derivative yet in spite of the fact that he has talked about Newton's law.

It's an excellent, excellent book.

Oh I eat really well, apart from having a donut or muffin 2-3 times a week. Cant afford eating take out shit all the time

Im /fit/. Trying to become a cop so physical fitness is a requirement

I like fantasy adventure books to escape reality for a bit. How fucked am I?

Pic related, a short series I like

just finished "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Almost done with Heinlen's "Stranger in a Strange Land." Going to try "Gulag Archipelago" all three volumes, may take a while though. Not an avid reader, but I pick away at a couple books over time.

I don't read much anymore because I'll binge read.
>Picked up a thirteen-book series
>Read it 16-20 hours a day, barely eat, barely shower, don't leave bed unless required
>Finish entire series in a week
>Come out of my stupor to intense hunger pangs, stinky everything, and an incredibly painful bowel movement

Ive got How to Win Friends and Influence People

Top left corner

Everyone should read that imo

Just read what you like man

My old boss ruined how to win friends and influence people for me ever lecture or personal talk he made had quotes from that in it and i made him sound so fake

I wish I could read like that. Most I can do in a sitting is like 3 hours

Got any recommendations? I want an engaging story. Something that really pulls me in. I'm sort of done with 'literature' for a while, but I still want something engrossing.

Ask no more senpai

LOTR

Ive re read the series several times.

Do you eat wheat (Shoudln't)? Do you eat coconut oil (Should)? Do you eat a 60:20:20 fat:prot:carb ratio (Should)? Do you supplement vitamin D and K2 (Should)? Do you eat legume (Shouldn't)? Do you get your carbs mostly from rice source and root like starsh (Should)?

I will shill for the Perfect Health Diet book forever.

I think you would not enjoy it as much as you imagine.
I feel like six to ten hours is a good spot. Stop yourself if you go over that. I set an alarm now.

>wheat
yes alot
>coconut oil
cook most my meat in that
>ratio
like 50 prot 35 carb and 15 fat
>Supplement
D only
>Legume
Nah
>Carbs
Like half

>wheat
>alot
>50 prot
>low fat

*low intensity reeeeee*

I have zero doubt that you are fit but also little doubt that you're not having an optimal diet, either for cognitive function or health. That's just me shilling for the book though.

All right, last shill I suppose.

>wheat
>cognitive functions

Chose one. (I lied about stopping to shill.)

I have books and often think I should read them, but I usually end up on this damn basket weaving forum.

I'm 15 pages away from finishing the first volume of Gibbon's Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire. Pic related.

I'm also reading a monstrous analysis of what I assume is Neopythagorean math, in the way it connects numbers to philosophy. The book also explains how Egyptians were advanced in their knowledge of the "theology" of numbers, and how their temples were manifestations of the phenomena of music as it relates to life and being.

Also just got a book on Leonard Peikoff's book The DIM Hypothesis. It tries to explain the philosophic trends of the West and how we can predict the future of America in that model.

I jump between books all the damn time though, I never have consistent interest in any subject for more than three days.

I read mostly light novels but I also read a lot of regular Japanese Literature like Mishima and Murakami. I reread Mein Kamph pretty frequently too.

Gibbon is Taleb recommended so I trust it's very solid choice.

Taleb himself is always recommended.

Ill read the book bro, thanks

I know Im not eating for optimal health. Just happens to fall that way with what I enjoy eating and meeting my daily protein requirements.

>jump between books all the time

Thats a good way to do it. Im reading like 3 books at once. Keeps the stuff from getting stale

I read the Tale of Genji and I absolutely hated it.

The Book of Five Rings was good though

Recommend me a really good crime book. Something like that or maybe government espionage type novels.

Anything non fiction you think ia interesting too

I read in highschool the most because I'd finish my school work fast as shit. But my school is gay as fuck, so I would get in trouble for reading even though all my notes and hw was done.
Storyh time:
>finish homework
>finish the notes for rest of chapter in math
>started reading
>teacher yelled at me about hw
>showed her hw, literally none of my problems or notes were wrong
>sent me to principal anyways
>principal didn't even ask me anything
>automatically assigned me detention
>wut
I loved halo, the idea of aliens and cool science and shit, even read nonfiction science books/text books I'd find at the library and college library, so I kept getting detention. My reading started dropping off once I got to college and had little time to read in between school work. So I only read on break when I have the time to sit/lay down and read for several hours at a time.

Daemon and its sequel Freedom by daniel suarez (I believe is the name) it's a crime/myster/science fiction book.

I hated HS
>went to french school
>forced to speak french
>got in trouble if teacher caught you speaking english with your friends
>they wouldnt allow english books to be read outside of english class

the fucking franco gestapo I swear

I never did any homework in HS. I was a true shitbag.

That guy sounds like a metaphysician on steroids

The worst is when teachers fail to notice potential in students. I was a straight A student, and all I did was get in trouble just for reading books when I should be reading gay notes or retarded english textbook excerpts.

Looks interesting ill check it out, thanks

Page turner for me back when I read it. Little bit of the "le hacker" meme. Still good in my op-

Nigga what the fuck? You stole my recommendation.

pretty much

I wont miss highschool ever lmao

good bookshelf, a bit /k/ for my taste, could use more /biz/ books

>be rich as fuck because math genius
>live life on the edge
>flaneur extraordinare
>hangs out with John Gray
>hangs out with Ripeto
>believes in long walk because Aristotle would philosophize while walking in the morning
>his popular are the morning walks
>Aristotle morning walk would be for the casual listener and not the pros
>btfo House Academic 24/7

This dude has the coolest life.

Absolutely love that book. Believe it or not my Granny gave it to me for my b-day years ago (thought I'd get a kick out of it, and it was far from false), one of my most read books.
If you're looking for a more science-fiction focus book: i'd suggest John Ringo's "through the looking glass" series and Ender's game. Those books are pretty much disintegrated I've read them so much.

Yeah I have some business oriented books on my list. Particularly the Art of the Deal by the Don.

I got it because John Robb recommended it. He's a guerilla warfare expert and he has a blog about it. His book is pretty gud.

does anyone have the mega link to the books on the redpilled infographic?

>Moon Knight
>Tales of the Bounty Hunters
>MtG

Mah nigga

>youtube.com/watch?v=mqLVsYIqvi0

>arktos.com/

>counter-currents.com/

I mean... I do... Just not enough. I think I read maybe two books through the entirety of 2016. Unacceptable.

bookmarked these, thank you

Earlier in the year as in the 1st and 2nd of January?

Read a book on how to take clear pictures

a true redpill, the straight dope on cia

you're the pitbull advocate, right?

Haha. I though the "Canada" book's author was Leafcock at first.

Also, needs to be more logically orgamized. And why Star Wars books that are in the middle of series?

anywhere to get this online?

Not if they were decent books.

Not that I know of unfortunately. You can check out the dudes blog for some related content though.

globalguerrillas.typepad.com/

I've been getting into the warhammer stuff, lol. Not very enlightening, but entertaining nonetheless.

I've been meaning to step up my game and read the classics.

After I've had my fill of that I'll probably get into some of the modern nonfiction type stuff (hacking, warfare, social, business, economics etc.) being recommended here.

I read "The Folding Knife" by K.J. Parker and 1984. They were good books, don't get me wrong, but they weren't heavy weights either. I will do better for 2017 since I have a hefty backlog I need to get through and I won't allow all those books to just sit on my shelf and collect dust.

I read a bit of wealth of nations but my kid lost my bookmark so I stopped cuz I lost my place

studying for my CCNP atm that mostly entails videos tho

most stuff I read is on cisco.com configuration guides explaining stuff in finer detail

Read the book of poetry i released today, its about Christ's war on kikes mediafire.com/?yvik151c09uq15b

I try too. I've read almost all of the books on this shelf and plenty that I don't own as well.

To*
Also there's two more spots I have books in

>pulls out camera
>starts to take picture of bookshelf
>notices orgy of warhammer books
>moves them
>once again start to take picture of bookshelf
>notice Piers Anthony collection
>moves them
>takes picture of Candide and Mein Kampf

Welp...

Lol, warhammer books are nothing to be ashamed of, a lot of them are rather well written and the 40k universe in general is pretty stealth redpilled. I have the two ciaphas cain omnibuses and a few WH fantasy books as well, and all of them are rather good.

those hunting books look cool, what are they?

Couldn't fit all my books in one picture. I have a problem...There are two things I cannot seem to get rid of once I accquire them, books and firearms. I will never be able to read all that I have, but I keep on collecting.

This fucking book man. Allegory for soldiers experiences in Vietnam that makes it not some pussy ass bullshit by abstracting it out to a scifi setting so you don't feel like you're being preached at. Masterpiece. Read it or go fuck yourself.

And if you read that Dexter Filkins bullshit my mistake I will fucking kill you irl.

They're from the north american hunting club. They're guides with lots of full color pictures, etc. They were a dollar each at a thrift store, and i couldn't really pass that up.

read one of dostojevskis novels a few weeks ago.

ordered another one yesterday.

this guy...

Yeah tell me about it, in the past 4 months alone I've spent about $250 on books, and I haven't even finished half of them yet. It's a serious problem. But when you have places that sell hardcover books worth 45 bucks for a dollar each, it's hard to resist.

Time Out of Joint and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch are both masterpieces.

I love reading. Currently reading a summation of Nietzsche's On the Genealogy of Morals.

I created a subreddit for a Sup Forums book club because every attempt to start a book club on here so far has been an utter failure (due to the format)

I haven't touched it yet but the thought has always been in the back of my mind. Someone with more time pls make a Sup Forums book club on a website with real, lasting formatting

One of the best combat memoirs you'll read,

I'm starting this as well, so far its great-Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West

This is also one of the best fucking books I've ever read, absolutely forget that piece of shit movie that was made for it.

does your camera need glasses?

Well fuck me if I'm overdoing it but I'd rather do a book thread here than anywhere else on here, so one more. Extremely fucking redpilled space mercenary stories written by a former CIA interrogator and Vietnam veteran, there is some intense realism in these stories, and the good guys are complete fascists without a shred of bullshit compromise anywhere. They are great stories!

this i mean

For mad men only.

Read this a month or two ago.

>Clark brings slave on expedition
>Indians have never seen a black man before
>Think he has magical powers
>Indians fight over which one will let him fuck his wife to gain his magical powers
>Other tribes let the whole expedition fuck their wives in exchange for gifts

Indians are the master cucks.