Is religion just a meme

>raised by hardcore christians
>had strong faith in God all of my life
>become an adult and start losing my faith
>I adress htis ot my parents today
>they just thell me they we need to work on that and that's it's normal to be a skeptic
>later tonight I over hear my parents
>"user needs to stop thinking 'what if...'"
>"That's the devil trying to get into him"
>literally the "anyhting I don't like is muh devil meme
>mfw
Did I just got redpilled

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain
pastebin.com/zLV2PSAX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Thinking the devil is a meme
That's the devil trying to get into you

God is real, he's just weak ever since Jesus.
Come back or forever be a fag, OP.

No, it's the bluepill. Don't follow this road. Once you lose your faith you can't go back and you'll be worse off for it. Before you'll know it you'll start acting like the only moral virtue is DON'T JUDGE while you fuck dogs to try to get mega GRIDs.

Religion is an established way of life based on a metaphysical worldview. Your parents are being anti-intellectual and stupid over honest criticism and/or confusion.

What denomination is your family anyway?

Bobby Boucher, you better stop playing that foosball, it's LITERALLY the devil.

I never said that the devil is a meme, I just think it's fucking stupid to blame the devil for being a skeptic
We are catholic
I am very dissapointed in how cucked the church has become

BURN THE WITCH

>An infallible god is weak.

That's an embarrassment. I'm sorry, user.
It may be based on some worry but to talk bad of skepticism in a general sense is totally foolish.

>God
>weak

u wot

I wish I can. I go to church every sunday. The sermons are mundane and I hate talking to people there. The only think that keeps me going is reading about christian philosophers like St. Augustine

What fucked me up more is that my parents talked about it behind my back as if that whole "everything is user" was a lie.

This is true.
Perhaps confront them and tell them to treat you more honestly.

You look like you're in need of a parish which takes topics more seriously in their homilies and discussion or at least a more valuable Christian outlet, yes?

>Is religion just a meme
Don't you mean
>Is religion the original meme?

What were the things you were skeptical of anyway? I'm on phone currently but I can try to help.

>Protestants

Not even once

Are people ITT trolling or do they legitimately believe that staying cucked by religion is the better option?

OP, free your mind dude. You will be immeasurably better off for it, trust me. I live in the Bible belt, I don't even know any other atheists, but I promise you it's better to be redpilled on this. Read and watch Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Peter Boghossian. Best books to start are The God Delusion and A Manual for Creating Atheists.

It was a Catholic family.

What? How?

replace "devil" with "the Jews" and you have your average stormweenie as well

Reddit please. Sup Forums Christians are almost exclusively apostolic and so are against Evangelicals the same as you. You have no idea what you're arguing and your suggestions are meme-tier bullshit.

I was raised outside of church.
California said I was gifted and sent to me special goy class with the chinks and Jews.

I was born again at 38.

It's the Devil trying to get into you, dumbfuck.

Listen to your parents, you little shit.

Apparently the poster is just in a bad situation with his family and parish. I want to promote something better but I'm not yet sure the issues.

>asking questions and honest curiousity
>The devil

user stop

>tfw anons on Sup Forums are better at religious advice than my family or church
More like the existence of God. However do not confuse me with fedora fags who want to spew out Richard Dawkins quotes and muh sky daddy bullshit. It makes sense that God's existence is shrouded in mystery since were all stupid mortals. What bugs me what happens in this world. The world is full is degeneracy and garbage and I have delt with a lot of bullshit. Every time I pray to God and ask him to get me out of hell and help me with my everyday life. He doesn't answer. Sometimes I feel like God is laughing at us or that he abandoned us along time ago.

That's because you go to a dead church led by a cuck in a dress.

You need to be born again and receive the Holy Spirit.

I recommend Independent Fundamental Baptist.

It isn't even a question of where I'm going when I die, because Jesus doesn't lie. Don't let the Catholic Church blackmail you with salvation. Absolute heresy.

>not believing what Jesus said or heeding His warning
What does your church even teach you people anyway, besides washing the feet of apostates and offering them your women's wombs?

Questioning his holy way is doubt set into your mind by the devil.

90% of what you consume visually and audibly is actively anti-christian, if that doesn't tell you what kind of world we live in then you're blind.

My church has some low energy sermon. The same sermons are said every once and a year and no one has the balls to talk about the shit that matters like abortion, degeneracy, or the fact that Christians are being slaughtered by Muslims.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Stop being born-again protestant tongues-speaking pentecostal freaks. God/jesus don't exist and never did. ALL religion is just mind control... wake up!

I will never understand how someone can believe in God. Its not like I'm against religion, I just don't get the praying and faith part. Why is it needed?

the only truth about religion i have found is that god in whatever form he may be doesn't give a damn about us, but also why should he? we are an infinitely small species living on an infinitely small planet in an extremely large and possibly never ending universe. Why would god be concerned with us. If you own an ant hill do you concern your whole existence with the ants or do you just check in from time to time and look upon them. Now I am more into buddhism now but still don't believe in an after life but I do believe in some type of god, look up clock maker or something like that or for my type of psychology and philosophy.

Christians are idiots but beneficial to the greater good of society.

I need faith because If I were find out that lives are only in vain, I would kill myself to end it all.

doesn't master if he did or did not exist, you communist cock sucker

my dude jesus did exist, debate his divinity and not the loosing
>JESUS DIDN'T EXIST
maymay also stop playing the intelligence card when those people are just as right as you because nothing can be confirmed or denied,
aslo
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

Have you read Kierkegaard?

You should, if you haven't

If you wish for a religious board to frequent I'd recommend 5+3chan's /christian/.
As for God's existence, I'd initially like to recommend an author to you to see the more intellectual side of this discussion from a Catholic perspective: Edward Feser.

If you want a polemic, a Christian "God Delusion" equivalent he has the book The Last Superstition and if you want something more in depth and serious I'd recommend his book Scholastic Metaphysics: A Contemporary Introduction. Both made with the intent of teaching and addressing modern criticisms. Hopefully this will be a good outlet for you.

Your main issue is a difficult one. You struggle for hope in hard times. For the Christian we are to not shy away from our sufferings and seek comforts alone. What sufferings we cannot rid ourselves are presented to us as methods for growth. We may suffer but through faith we gain perseverance; through perseverance, character; through character, hope. But the method in which this comes about we cannot authoritatively say. Here is also the church's views on this matter:

catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain

But I cannot speak like I know of your sufferings and can only hope this helps.
I'm not sure if its needed at all but we can also speak of the Catholic view of prayer if you wish.

You're looking at it backwards.

Once you realise that you were wrong, you start to consult God on the important things in your life, and eventually pretty much all things. After a while you may find yourself talking to Jesus while you fold clothes or change your oil. It's your relationship. And you'll find that God speaks back in more ways than one.

so what are you waiting for

Fucking this, he is called the father of lies OP don't fall for it.

>

Priests have an obligation to listen to their parishioners, so what you should do is tell the priest (in a way that doesn't attack his ego) that you're really worried about certain issues, and that you'd appreciate if he could speak more about those issues.

Get that shit out of here. It's heresy whether you are religious or not.

>think you may like op

Have hope, user. In youself, in your fellow man, and in God.
This is terrible thinking.

>Why is it needed?

What? Its not necessary to believe in true things.

user
What

this mailbox is mine

So do you understand Quantum dynamics, are you sure evil doesnt exist in a form we cant measure or comprehend? Is it possible condensed evil exists and "the devil" is just our poor human attempt at personifying it? Show me where you can prove measureable evil doesnt exist including quantum mechanics...you can't.

So if the parallel universes exist and infinite things exist within them, there would have to at least one universe where evil existed physically in quantum form, if that were possible. Because we cannot prove that this is impossible, we must take a consideration greater than zero that this is possible.

Why couldn't that universe by this one? The percentage chance of physical evil existing, is >0%, ergo to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that it DOES NOT exist, merely based on what has been observed via the standard model (which is like viewing the tip of an iceberg), forms a "faith" of its own, a faith that good and evil cannot physically manifest but are merely human creations, which just so happens (from a philosophical perspective) to morally imply: there is no physical aspect to which morals exist, therefore you are absolved from any actions in a grander context. You are absolved of any right or wrongdoing in your actions. Surely you can look at the world around you and see the consequence of a belief in being absolved of consequence, you are on Sup Forums, we compile threads on what people do when they behave without it.

Consider your beliefs logically, and not just on what we know/see but what we don't know and can't see.

Namefag, tell me please, what exactally is your position on me? I am agnostic, I chose not to believe in a god, but I live my life by a good moral code, as I am not a degnerate not raised by degenerates, and am educated white man, I can tell right from wrong. (Not Muslims so don't fuck kids etc).

Just wondering, if god were a rational being, and a benevolent being, etc, he wouldn't mind me, because I'm a good guy, who simply didn't believe, as there was no evidence to do so? I don't hate the Bible, I just believe it to not be factual. It's a good guide.

#
>implying religion isn't the biggest blue pill of all.
Skepticism leads to atheism, atheism leads to nihilism, nihilism is the true red pill nothing matters user everything is false everything thing is temporary wake up user the void awaits you

>in high school
>nemesis is devout christian guy. We hate each other's guts for no reason
>nemesis goes to religious college, graduates with 3 religious degrees (bible study, youth gospel and shit like that, enough for him to be a preacher)
>I go to college, graduate with 2 degrees, in finance and marketing
>nemesis can't find job due to degrees being shitty and religious
>I can't find a job due to being socially awkward, gaming, anime watching nerd
>By coincidence or providence we both end up working as customer service agents, answering telephone calls from shitty nigs and old people, for big health insurance companies, in offices that are about 5 miles apart.
>never knew about each other.
>nemesis must have been bitter and prayed hard over his shitty job over the years. Perhaps god helped or offered wisdom.
>he slowly rise in that company, and is now Assistant Manager of Customer Service for that branch office of that health insurance company
>I was also disillusioned with my shitty customer service job.
>summon demon listed in the lesser key of solomon, aka goetia
>tell demonbro I want him to help me make a lot of money. Enough for me to never have to work again, spend day just chilling, not taking shit from people.
>give demonbro a set time frame to accomplish goal.
>quits my customer service job months after the demonic summoning
>strange shit happens in life
>end up selling shit on ebay for a living, got into a market at just the right time at the right place
>make lots of money, invest extra money in real estate
>real estate produce rent income every month
>business goes under, opportunity disappears just as quick as it appeared
>but now own enough real estate investments to never need to work again
>devout christfag nemesis from high school still working as Assistant Manager of Customer Service in the shitty company he first got hired in
>demon gave so much more than fucking god.
>hail Zagan, great being with the rank of king!

Well, anything that weekens faith is thriugh Satan. That doesnt mean the immediate cause cannot.be worldly and appear logical though.

Dont fall for the Darwin sky wizard evolution fairy tale.

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

yes I am curious what you think of my point.

Nihilism is the black pill, newfriend

You need to spit it up and find a way to drink the redpill without it turning black

This literally means:
>the bible has a bunch of inaccurate bullshit that fails to explain the natural world
>but there are some questions we can't answer

>shadshit

just because a god exists doesn't mean its the christian one.

I want to believe....

Look up the term virtuous pagans. Basically people which the apostolic church say lives virtuous (and thus lived by God's will) despite knowing nothing of Christianity. They knew God's will in essence as it is intrinsic to all people. It's considered questionable if they are "saved" by Christian standards because of debate over the necessity of baptism that has yet to be resolved.

You, however, put yourself in a tough position as you know of the church and know (or at least claim you know) of the moral life (which is considered God's will for you) and yet do not pursue it.

Not following religion is the biggest blue pill.

>Asks for an opinion of himself from a tripfag.

I don't know what the other guy said, but I thought you were a faggot one sentence in.

Why do you have such bad grammar? I'm sorry you're parents believe in the devil. Just let them be happy with their god belief and don't make it a big deal. Us atheist are out numbered and we need christians to defeat the muslims

wow man, you are a real fan

top pip

No, you will go to Hell.

Everyone sins, except Jesus.
Jesus never sinned.

Being guilty of sin condemns us to Hell. All of us.
Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God. The perfect atonement for all sins.

Your job is to have faith in Jesus. You have one job, user. One fucking job...

If you really want to be able to say you didn't have any evidence, wherefore you never had faith, then you better keep asking questions and seeking the truth.

This shit took place over the course of 10 years, and I only found out about christfag nemesis's situation when I was close to retirement, being bored and googling old high school classmates.

This is real. I'm not Bill Gates rich or anything, but just have enough to not work and by comfy.

Gods and religions are a bit like companies and comparison shopping. Some take much from you and give little in return. Other are much more generous. OP is on the right track. Even if he don't become atheist he should at least shop around.

false jesus did sin that is the reason he is part man, when he attacked the money exchangers in the temple, and also when he disobeyed his mom mary and left her on the Sabbath to teach.

>Was baptised at school
>Lead a virtuous life
>Don't follow Tennant's of religion or believe, due to my rational thought

But that thought, was made using the brain 'god' gave me, so isn't it a valid thought? If I see no evidence of something (Russian hacking) why would I believe it?

According to Catholic teaching, the soul decides immediately upon death that one thing is the ultimate good. If this thing is God, the soul goes to heaven until the Resurrection. If this thing is something less than God, then the soul experiences a deficient afterlife. So then if you do not choose God as your ultimate good, it's obvious what will happen.

Not very much like the pop culture depiction of things, but this hopefully makes the question clearer.

>Satanists trying to convert christfags
I'm an atheist. How will hell treat me?

COME

HOME

WHITE

MAN

Hell is not like in the movies

I think religion is really a sort of primitive mental health service. It's all about staying with the wholesome virtues, not going down roads that can lead to psychological ruin.

But since it has to be taught to children, it pretends to have a "real" metaphysics behind it, like "God doesn't want you to do X". In reality it's more like "when people do X it tends to destroy them".

I started out Christian and then later turned to Atheism, which lasted for about 20 years.

As my knowledge grew and experiences accumulated, I've come to realize two things:
1. For all intents and purposes, Christianity, including the Bible, can be thoroughly scientifically explained.
2. Even if it was fake, it is still necessary in the world in order to maintain order and cohesion.

Now, I am an agnostic, but I take my family to services. Everyone needs a moral base from which to grow. Pure secularization leads only to destruction...

Christians like you are the worst.

This is good advice.

I'm sorry, I'm on phone. Which point?

That is not what it says at all, user.

Evidence? I'm not talking about believing of God but pursuit of the moral life. One can know God in essence as the virtuous pagans did or also know God explicitly as well. All of it is knowing God however.

Wrong worldviews tend to lead to inaccurate beliefs and wrongheaded actions so I worry for you in your position.

Created in God's image and called to know and love him, the person who seeks God discovers certain ways of coming to know him. These are also called proofs for the existence of God, not in the sense of proofs in the natural sciences, but rather in the sense of "converging and convincing arguments", which allow us to attain certainty about the truth. These "ways" of approaching God from creation have a twofold point of departure: the physical world, and the human person.

The world: starting from movement, becoming, contingency, and the world's order and beauty, one can come to a knowledge of God as the origin and the end of the universe.

As St. Paul says of the Gentiles: For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made.

And St. Augustine issues this challenge: Question the beauty of the earth, question the beauty of the sea, question the beauty of the air distending and diffusing itself, question the beauty of the sky. . . question all these realities. All respond: "See, we are beautiful." Their beauty is a profession [confessio]. These beauties are subject to change. Who made them if not the Beautiful One [Pulcher] who is not subject to change?

The human person: with his openness to truth and beauty, his sense of moral goodness, his freedom and the voice of his conscience, with his longings for the infinite and for happiness, man questions himself about God's existence. In all this he discerns signs of his spiritual soul. the soul, the "seed of eternity we bear in ourselves, irreducible to the merely material", can have its origin only in God.

(1/2)

wrong

#
The black pill effects of nihilism are only temporary once you get past it it's a brand new state of being red pilled

God may be real, but Judea Christain God is a farce

The world, and man, attest that they contain within themselves neither their first principle nor their final end, but rather that they participate in Being itself, which alone is without origin or end. Thus, in different ways, man can come to know that there exists a reality which is the first cause and final end of all things, a reality "that everyone calls God".10

Man's faculties make him capable of coming to a knowledge of the existence of a personal God. But for man to be able to enter into real intimacy with him, God willed both to reveal himself to man, and to give him the grace of being able to welcome this revelation in faith.(so) the proofs of God's existence, however, can predispose one to faith and help one to see that faith is not opposed to reason.

CCC 31-35

(2/2)

So obviously Jewish.

largely accurate and good post, though the "choose one thing" is inaccurate. We are presented with salvation (union with God) and may choose to accept it. As God is the essence of the sinless life, though sinful would reject God.

>Raised in a Catholic family
>Also raised with pagan extended family
>Never saw a reason to believe in either religion
>Bombarded with demands to become Christian
>Can't give me a reason beyond it feels good and their feelings tell them it's true
>Anything that goes wrong in my life is evidence God is punishing me for not believing
>Anything that goes right is either Satan tricking me or God blessing me

This God guy is one fickle, negging bitch.

Read, friend.
The saints have labored night and day in writing for us. Don't let it be in vain.

pastebin.com/zLV2PSAX
Bottom link.

I don't worship anything. You can have a cordial and mutually beneficial relationship with someone without getting down on your knees and licking cock. Think about your relationship with people in real life. Are they always defined by the complete domination of one over the other? Coexistence, courtesy and give & take is much more natural and common.

The idea that you must absolutely worship and git down on your knees, or do nothing at all is a black and white flawed thinking often perpetuated by christians who are used to the idea of absolutely obedience.

I don't think demons or whatnot would hate you or want to condemn you to eternal suffering for being a stranger who don't worship them. They're too busy with their own lives. Once again, courtesy.

Thanks, I'm still somewhat of a beginner at this

Who says we aren't in Hell right now?

You can still choose salvation in your present state

>What is things were actually this totally different way with things we didn't even know!

Who knows, but we have no reason to believe it.

The old argument one cannot know right and wrong without religion?

I think if I do unto others well unless wrong, help those who I can, and don't murder, rape, commit adultery etc, I'll be ok. I'm not gay either. I see alot of degenerates excusing all sorts of behaviour; it sickens me. I see LGBTQFrsjfjs parades with paedo excuses in; mudslimes wanting Sharia law; paedophile priests, and Africa - and I know what is right and wrong.

I do wonder how the world fell so far. And I always come back to the same (((answer))).

The only true religion is the religion of the Kek mythology.
And it's based on fucking memes.

>catholic

Honestly god is pleased with you questioning the church

You're doing a good job and using the catechism effectively, user. If you need any suggestions to grow in your education I can recommend stuff whenever. Just give me a topic.

I don't usually respond to tripfags, but your greentext is gibberish.
Do yourself a favor and lose the name. Nobody cares who you are, and it's pointless to use a trip on a boad with IDs, anyways.

I never said I didn't believe.