This is THE most retarded shit I've ever read

This is THE most retarded shit I've ever read.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWDYiJChv5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i see no way this can go wrong.

30.8k people think the same thing

sad

Futurology is fucking retarded.

!

Futurology is a goddamn joke. And that subreddit is full of autistic NEETs.

Post the top comments. They're all arguments eviscerating direct democracy and defending the necessities of having career politicians crafting legislation.

This is correct.

30k upvotes don't come from that sub alone, those are frontpage upvotes

Could technology remove posters from reddit?

It's already reached the point where their opinions are such carbon copies of each other, that almost no one would know the difference if they were replaced with robots.

upvoted

pol is just as much garbage as reddit. pol just thinks being contrarian to reddit is the correct stance.

Cnsidering thismwould lead to a very conservative nation im in favour ofmit. The closest nation to direct democracy is switzerland and its citizens have banned mosques and made a rule that a foreigner cannot apply for citizenship until 3 generations of family have lved there.

The problem this brings up is this country wasn't founded as a direct democracy. Most of them are shit and with the amount of burdens we have flooding the country all you have to do is pander to them to gain a strangle hold on power.

So no it's a shit idea that lets a handful of out of touch cities dictate the fate of the nation. If strict, and I mean strict, voter ID laws were in place we could talk more. The other problem is this opens up a whole new way to hack and manipulate elections.

Direct democracy is a mistake

Problem is this late in the game actually getting any of that would be tricky with the amount of illegals already here.

Yeah, California dictating laws for the rest of the country would really make USA a better country.

>pol

>Oh look Goyim, it says we need to continue to fund Israel
>What do you mean the vote hasn't even started

As long as it's The Boss AI

Gatchaman Crowds Insight already did it

>most retarded shit I've ever read
reddit. what do you expect

>direct democracy

Hmm what about those poor niggers, beaners and whtie trash who can't afford smart phones?

All this would do is secure the rich and urban control over the country

But of course REddit wouldnt think of that

>doctors should be replaced by webmd
>think how much money would be saved from not having to pay doctors!

No removed posts
No censoring
No "downvote brigades"

It's a good idea desu, one step closer to anarchism, which is our true nature.

We must riot, urubro! We can not allow this to happen!

>voting for robots to take care of you

They literally want to be the bluepilled people in the Matrix.

It might work if what you want is a country falling into chaos because your average voter is too dumb to have a smart decision. Voting on every issue is retarded.

>No censoring
nigger please

good idea desu

Shut the fuck up retard.

Fuck you all this could work with today's technology. I'm sick of fucking being in 2017 and still using voting systems from literally 200-300 years ago.

1) BlockChain tech eliminates most of the vote manipulation or 'rigging' possibilities. A well constructed system will be FAR more transparent and safer than anytihng we have today.

2) We could use a hybrid between direct democracy and politicians. Normally it will work just like it does today, with politicians. But literalyl every-single-issue will be able to be 'upvoted' or 'downvoted'... Issues that reach a certain level of upvotes are automatically put to referendum and power is transferred directly to the people bypassing politician for those select issues.

So... fixing the 23rd clause of a contract in telephone numbers preventing small tax loopholes for zoos? Politicians will handle that as the issue gets NO votes..
Something bigger like say; gay rights, or war with Iraq. This gets upvoted straight to the top, and the people directly make a decision.

If this was reddit, your comment would be deleted.

>No censoring
Benjamin Fischbein

As always the retards only see what they want to, nevermind the terrible problems in that system.

Idealism is cancer.

The other advantage is; catching corruption is easy. As soon as someone becomes aware that a certain law or practice is corrupt... it gets publicity, gets upvoted to the top, and the issue is out of the corrupt polticians hands and into the publics. This curbs bribes to polticians because any time they get too 'obvious' the polticians aren't in charge anymore, the people are.

Would this not end in people eventually voting for someone or something else to make the decisions for them? Also, who decides what gets to be voted on?

yea but who writes the program that "votes" for shit, you know it wont be open source

this this this

>tfw democracy works

>cutting out cashflow
>implying that even if this is secure this won't just result in dindus and non-political types being paid for their vote

>that cringe when that fedoralord went on Dan Carlin's podcast recently to talk about it

>democracy
>good

not an argument

Somehow self-serving Jews and lawyers being in charge is better?

Do you trust your population majority to vote on anything? Now, i know politicians are trash but it's easier to have a non-shit congress than a population.

The majority on anything sucks to be honest, but if we're talking about knowing even the basics of administration the population is even worse than normal, can't even handle personal finances.

Should I be scared that 30k believe in the same insane logic? That is honestly the scariest thing I have seen so far. There is so much wrong with that statement. I don't have enough time to even go through all of that. But 30k people agree? Just a quick example, what about military operations? Will just vote really quick on wether we should do something or not? Fucking hell, about 80% of the population would get annoyed with getting none stop notifications. Shit I even ignore text messages from family and friends when they start spamming. But 30k ducking think this is alright? I hope they are kids, something tells me that they are grown fucking people though. Kek save us.

here's an upvote for you buddy :^)

Democracy is amazing when it isn't corrupt/rigged. Society improves most when the average man improves, he buys more, he produces more. This gives sustainable benefits to everyone in society, from the 1% who can look forward to decades of stable growth without a crash... to... the poor, who can look forward to a slowly elevating standard of living just by participating minimally in society.

It's only with corrupt crony cap do we end up with the rich bribing politicians to 'rush' next years harvest this year, and send everyone into a recession next year.

There's a party in my country already trying to push this.

Voteflux.org

>power is transferred directly to the people
people STILL think this is a good thing
lmao

Bullshit. People vote smart when they think their votes actually matter.

People wisen up real fast when they see their vote has real consequences. When your just voting for two puppets like most of the time in most nations.. Both parties talking shit but nothing ever changes, that's when everyone stops paying attention to politics because wheover you vote it doesn't matter.

Give people consequences and they will wisen up fast. Give the majority power over society, and all tiers of society will develop sustainbly and long-term.

It's not the guy that makes 20% a year for 3 years and then crashes by 50% that comes out ahead; it's the guy that makes 3% a year.. for 50 years.

Liberals are fucking retarded, I'm pretty sure there's a high correlation between liberalism and autism.

There are other ways to do it:

No need to pee your pants at the first sight of futuristic social improvements. When humans stopped hunting and started farming you would have probably shit your pants in fear.

It's a good idea. It's the best path towards long term sustainable growth.

I did a search earlier today and couldn't find a reference in the comments section to the Dosadi Experiment, and it hasn't turned up here yet either. Am I the only one who knows that book? This makes me think of the DemoPol.

(Also, there is a frog god called Mrreg or something)

>People wisen up real fast when they see their vote has real consequences
Actually that's exactly why direct democracy fails: the majority alway will always vote for their own short-term interests. (Alternatively, the media brainwashes them into voting for someone else's best interest.)

This is a future tech capitalistic free society libretarian conservative white nationalist neo nazi idea that hitler would have supported if he was alive.

It is a liberal idea to elect leaders like hillary clinton to lead in 2017. The future has got to be better than putting ourselves at the mercy of corrupt liberals.

If you ran a public-decision right now. Recieve 1k this year, or 5k in 3 years time. What would most people pick?

The 5k is the better option. Some societies may pick 1k. They will LOSE in the long game. This isn't about 'safeguard' society. this is about instituting a system where the best societies can develop and move past shitty systems we have today, while the worse societies can destroy themselves and be taken over. This is the long game.

> When you loose the election so hard that even Skynet becomes an alternative for you
You cant make this shit up

>I think there's something wrong with my OnePlus 3+. It keeps trying to change my vote. I wonder what the problem might be. . .

I've actually worked with members of Congress. This fall I met the speaker of the house, the house majority leader, 4 other Congressmen, 3 former congressmen. I've gotten a chance to actually speak to most of them and I've worked closely with a couple of them. Many might be selfish assholes but just about every one knows so much more than the average citizen. Besides the fact their life is dedicated to administration, Congressmen and senators all choose a few focuses to become experts in. Some focus on agriculture, some health, maybe intelligence, etc. This will determine what committees they get on. Nobody with a full time job let alone everyone with a fulltime job could hope to match this. You'll have a bunch of people making decisions about things they're completely unfamiliar with. I don't care how strongly they feel. 90% consensus means nothing. Keep in mind the average American couldn't find Iraq on a map during Desert Storm. Democracy won't work because beyond any questions of self-interested voting, they just don't know enough about the issues. I'd take a monarchy, oligarchy, almost anything else before I turn over governing to the average moron.

You might try participating in government or talking to somebody who has before coming up with these genius ideas.

MFW Sup Forums doesn't realise how easy we can manipulate this to our agenda

This.

They're literally professional guessers.

Ok, then you can go back

if you can't figure out how to circumvent the word filter you are utterly retarded

not to mention circumventing the word filter isnt a bannable offense in the slightest

> Implying

kek

>8 post already
Almost indistinguishable from a serious post. Crypto aussie shitposting.

>Brexit and Trump happened?! Democracy was a mistake!!!!!!
>Huh? technology could make it so we could have a direct democracy that is magnitudes worse than a republic for allowing no-information voters and retards to participate in the voting process??? SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!
Jesus FUCKING christ get me off this ride

>we're literally making anime real every day since the beginning of 2016

I'm not saying we replace these people. I'm saying when it comes to absolutely decisive issues the people should have the 'final say' in the decision.

You're right, the average person does NOT want to be reading through a 50 page agricultural report and making decisions on lamb tarrifs. This is why a system needs to be proposed in which issues are sorted based on 'importance' via public vote.

Only issues that reach a certain number of votes are put to 'referendum' and this referendum is the ultimate power in the country, except for veto via very public presidential decree that could trigger impeachment if abused.

So the public doesn't need to familiarise themselves with your agriculture reports, or becoming experts in anything except that which is brought to the publics attention via overwhelming spotlight.

eg. TPP, declaration of war, oil piplines...

its a good idea. except the technology thingy.

direct demo, people vote on the issues.
no fucking way globalists would have a change.
no way people would vote for degeneracy
no way people would vote for foreign invasion
no way people would vote for poverty
check switzerland.

tech is just retarded, having days to vote and going to the booths is important. Traditions and rituals matter to keep people connected with the real world

>>Why oh why does it have to be a fucking leaf.

sorry, but your plan just isn't going to work for humanity as we know it. It *might* work in a society comprised of super-smart people who are immune to advertising and have an extra 4 hours per day to spend on thoroughly studying each issue and voting appropriately, but even then I think you'd have problems.

There will always be a hierarchy. In a plutocracy, the elites have all the power. In a democracy, the elites still have all the power -- they just express it by coercing the masses to vote the way they want them to vote.

Humans were meant to rule and be ruled. The mark of a wise man is to accept his role in society. That's why a society that makes the hierarchy explicit is more redpilled than a society that tries to hide it by claiming everyone is equal.

>Double meme carrot

I really don't think they do. Sure cultural pride whatever, paintings art, you can have that.

But don't impede futuristic progress because of literally "it's not the same as muh past".

Fuck your past. I want flying cars, lazers, mars colonies, internet implants, cybernetics and dyson sphere's by 2100..

We literally spent the last 50 years as a species with our thumbs in our ass. The only major thing we invented was the internet, everything else just endless refinement.

You don't need to study each issue. The idea was the 'crowd' will upvote and downvote to bring the most important issues to the top.

You will only need to vote on those issue that float to the top. These few issues, maybe 1 to 2 a year will be extremely important, have real consequences, and will be easy to understand given the magnitude of information/propaganda from both sides about those few issues.

Some societies may flop trying to follow this, But I gather some will succeed and thrive to new levels of development.

where's the Sup Forums gold option I wanna donate $4

>But don't impede futuristic progress because of literally "it's not the same as muh past".
that's not what i said, i said traditions matter, not by itself, but because they exist for a reason. if people dont have to move to vote, then it loses meaning, the amount of shitvoting would increase exponentially.

Imagine Sup Forums is the plataform for the election: it would become nonsensical, degenerate shitvoting.

Gain some common sense.

Benjamin Fischbein

wow, guess you're a faggot huh

>Sure cultural pride whatever, paintings art, you can have that.
Good try but too blatant. Anyone who believes this hasn't browsed Sup Forums longer than a month.

You still haven't addressed the issue of the masses being manipulated via the media and other mechanisms. The very fact that people *can* be manipulated by the media is a huge strike against direct democracy.

>hahaha nigga why we even need democratic republic
>hahaha nigga let's just get a democracy
>ay yo we can even vote with our phones

You mean that one invention that single handedly brought us into a new age of enlightenment?

will anyone dare?

These faggots weren't even here during that big scandal. If you think Sup Forums and pol in particular is some free speech haven, you're mentally retarded.

implying robots can bantz

i can just see it now

>new bill is pending a popular vote
>chin fagg0t posts on pol
>don' let this slide guise
>pol is now in control of politics

If this happened our immigration issue would be solved as we are a majority on it.

>You still haven't addressed the issue of the masses being manipulated via the media and other mechanisms. The very fact that people *can* be manipulated by the media is a huge strike against direct democracy.
that applies specifically with democracy, much more than with dd. it's much easier to manipulate with people because you can use emotions easy,

with direct issues is much harder, cause people can tell what's their interest.

again, check the most based country in the world, switzerland, check how it works. then come back

youtube.com/watch?v=YWDYiJChv5I

>pol
>free speech

I kinda like this, but I would add that before your vote counted, you have to pass a test by some reasonable percent on all of the agreed upon inarguable facts.. To mostly prevent dumb fucks from voting on bullshit they know nothing about. Would also cut down shit voting for memes. People who care about issues enough will take test.

direct democracy is purely the most red pilled system there is, at this stage.

unless you want to return to pure fascism, which is not really feasible at this point,

We could've been in 50 new ages of enlightenment by now. Honestly we've stagnated massively.

You want to know why that Elon guy is adored so much, because he's doing what literally every company should have been doing for the last 3 decades.

that's the most uncharismatic personality on youtube.

is he trying to be extremely boring on purpose?

Shit voting happens because the public has lost faith in democracy because your vote literally doesn't matter anymore.

If your vote had actual hard felt consequences, people would wisen up. People know that regardless who they vote for, in most elections.. they're still going to get screwed... then why not vote for harambe?

Trump winning has seriously fucked the regressive libs up mentally beyond repair.

They're a charicature at this point.

there is no joke an entire sub that's randomly generated via script, with bot responses and everything.